main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Three Week Break?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KelDorMaster, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Adults would be the only demographic of the viewership that reruns would seriously affect the ratings from. Kids don't care if it's a rerun if they like the show. It didn't matter if Duck Tales or Batman: TAS was a rerun that day, you didn't change the dial if you usually watched it then.

2. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Hey 2ndQuest, did you notice how different this year is from the last one? o_O

3. AhsokaMiro

AhsokaMiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2008
    But do the ratings for the reruns even count? They don't drag down the whole season's ratings average or anything. I'm pretty sure the success is measured on premiere episodes only, and my point was that kids and their parents both have an awareness of when there's a new TCW episode on, so ratings for the premieres probably stay high.

But I'd love to know the actual numbers. They're probably not too hard to dig up on some Nielsen website... or are are they? Movie BO numbers are easy to find, while album sales are pretty closely guarded secrets, aside from the Top 40 or whatever.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    In what way?

5. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    My guess: It's more adult now (whatever that means, Chaplin movies have splatstick and still adults watch them).

But this season still has 12 episodes left, and it starts again in week 3 (January 22). They have to skip Easter, so without more breaks or double episodes season final will be shown in week 15 (April 16). First season had only one break in spring, and that was after Virus double episode. Season finale was March 20. So we should have no long breaks anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.