main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Tide of Discussion: the d20 ToF OOC thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Saintheart, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Still workin' on combined post with Mitth is all.;)

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Oho! You mean you're going to treat me to even more awesome character action?

[​IMG]

3. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
  4. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    Okay, here is William's spell list as requested, Saint.

Spells per Day: (4 at-will/7/6/5/5/4)
    0th: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Resistance
    1st: Endure Elements, Enlarge Person, Colour Spray, Protection from Evil, Ray of Clumsiness, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield
    2nd: Glitterdust, Invisibility, Ray of Stupidity, Scorching Ray, Shatter, Web
    3rd: Dispel Magic, Greater Mage Armour, Greater Magic Weapon, Haste, Slow
    4th: Assay Spell Resistance, Confusion, Greater Invisibility, Enervation, Polymorph
    5th: Feeblemind, Hold Monster, Mass Fire Shield, Unfettered Heroism

5. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Lol@Saint, okay okay. I'll give ya my spell list. After I finish um, getting all my new toys in SWTOR. :p

6. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Intense Moral Conflict Action.:p

7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
  8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    ...well, **** me, that was fantastic! But to deal with this, you've gotta give me a couple of days. I don't want this lovely scene to be lost amid dice rolls, it deserves more. I'll have to think through what Skadi's response would be, etc. I don't want to miss on this one. :D

Ktala likes this.
  9. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    That was rather beautifully written. It's good to see Mazarun actually paying attention to the emotions behind the argument, given ignoring emotions is pretty much what he was raised to. And Zanaek's responses were very interesting.

10. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Tentative Spell List, depending on what Zanaek brings.

Spells: (At will/7/7/6/6/4) DC (18+Level) Domains: Retribution, War Caster Level: 10 (Caster Level 11 for [force] spells.)
    0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Mending Read Magic, Resistance
    1: Entropic Shield, Ebon Eyes (2), Lesser Vigor, Protection From Evil, Resurgence, Shield of Faith*
    2: Bull's Strength (2), Close Wounds (2), Divine Protection, Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon*
    3: Blindsight, Dispel Magic, Girallon's Blessing, Magic Vestment*, Mass Conviction, Mass Resist Energy
    4: Air Walk (2), Death Ward, Divine Power*, Freedom of Movement, Mass Shield of Faith,
    5: Flame Strike*, Righteous Might, Surge of Fortune (CC), True Seeing,

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Here's Zanaek's spell list. Did my best to pick stuff for a goblin/orc army with a dragon and not a goblin/orc army with a dragon led by a Death Knight. Lol

Spells: (At will/7/7/6/6/4) DC 18+Level, Caster Level 10 (Caster Level 12 for [Healing] and [Divination] spells, Caster Level 11 for [Good] spells.)
    0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Resistance, Light
    1: Protection from Evil (D), Bless, Obscuring Mist, Remove Fear, Sanctuary, Ebon Eyes x2
    2: Aid (D), Owl's Wisdom, Spiritual Weapon, Healing Lorecall, Quick March, Mark of Judgment (PHB2), Bull's Strength
    3: Magic Circle Against Evil (D), Curse of Arrow Attraction (PHB2), Downdraft, Antidragon Aura, Aid [Mass], Lesser Vigor [Mass]
    4: Holy Smite (D), Blessing of Righteous (PHB2), Healing Spirit (PHB2), Summon Monster IV, Holy Transformation [Lesser], Summon Hound Archon
    5: Cure Light Wounds [Mass] (D), Wall of Stone, Summon Monster V, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful

12. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    You're short a level 3 spell. Could you pick up Mass Lesser Vigor? With Zanaek's boosted caster level it's probably among the best sources of mass recovery after a fight, especially with the metamagic rod of extension tossed on top of it.

Also, for your domain spells, you can just load up with non-cure spells and spontaneously convert them to cure spells if necessary. That way you have more options in case it's needed.

What do we have in terms of funds and things like consumable items?

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    No clue, was wondering that myself. Kinda wanna make some pots and offensive scrolls.

I'll switch the domains around.

Forgot about Complete Divine. Saw a spell I'd like to use, probably make it a scroll. Weapon of the Deity. Only problem is, Torm isn't listed so I don't know which deity he'd be in basic D&D.

14. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Heironeous is the equivalent for Torm and/or Tyr in basic D&D, so you can use his stat for that spell.

On the stuff you've got available: the party still has 13,000 gold left over from its spending from when it levelled up. There's probably a more exact figure lying around here, but I haven't checked into it - the reason I plucked that figure out being that I remember proposing it'd take about 12,000 gold to upgrade everyone's armour by +1 and still have a little change left over, so let's call it 13,000 on the dot. That figure's yours, so your casters can build whatever they want subject to party consent, of course :)

Also look closely at the inventories on your CSes at the front of this thread. Zanaek alone is sporting 23 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds, captured and self-made, and a smattering of other useful utilities. And that's leaving aside he gave 2 healing potions each to all party members a while back in the game. There's also an assortment of scrolls being toted around by Evelios and William, too.

As to what the city has available: there's been a lot of donations to Brindol's defence from its shopkeepers, temples, and merchants. Any potions, scrolls, or wands described in the Dungeon Master's Guide are available to the party so long as the total value of goods taken by the party does not exceed 5,000 gp. You can get this stuff before the battle if you wish, or during the battle when you've got a breathing space between encounters. There won't be any clerical support available to your party as such, since the city's clerics will be all cloistered (pardon the pun) up in the Cathedral of Lathander which is functioning as a field hospital, and other spellcasters are distributed around the city buttressing the defence as best they can. So far as magic goes, you're more or less on your own.

15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Ooooo Transmute Mud to Rock... potential, has potential for creating or repairing walls with Stone Shape. Although sandstone is not very strong it can plug a breach, but won't stop a siege weapon or equivalent of. Worth investing if we need more stone.

I am considering spiked dragon's teeth, to control where the giants and other Large creatures go and not give the melee very much room to maneuver. The downside is that they would give them protection from arrows if placed at a distance from the wall. Closer to the wall, not so much protection but more of a hindrance.

16. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Mitth, regarding the most recent response I did -- do you want to RP out the divination session? If so, happy to go to a PM conversation and hack something out with you in a combined post along those lines. As you can probably garner from the posts, I'm probably going to wind up allowing Zanaek to become aware that they're now dealing with a Death Knight for the maximum "Nice Job Breaking It, Hero" effect, but there'll be some cloudiness surrounding the issue due to the Unholy Shenanigans Of Undead Gods That Protect Said Death Knight From Similar Assassination Missions :D :D PM me?

17. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Do we at least get to discover that it would've gone more smoothly without the intervention of certain evil deities?:p

I mean, just sayin', acts of god(s) are less predictable. And if it's just gonna fall out that hey, you lose, stuff you do is doomed to failure just because (as opposed to because certain powers are just that evil), Mazarun might as well flee for Dambrath before he can carry on jinxing the party.:p

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Fair enough, that will probably be incorporated into the 20 questions somewhere :p

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000

Sure! And an awesome Skadi post!

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------
    Use the light switch, Luke. Trust your feelings!

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Quick note, guys: Mitth and I have been cooking up an IC storm over the weekend; we're still working on the post, but hopefully you'll enjoy it when it gets here ... :D

21. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    The gods: supposedly the wisest and most powerful beings ever. Yet with all that wisdom, they don't have enough smarts to work out how to give a straight answer?:p

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    They wisely choose to not hand feed us. Its easier.

23. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Wisely nothing. And there's a difference between "I won't hand-feed you" and "hahaha I'm going to hit you over the head with a steak, transform the steak into a banana, and stick it up my nose!" Just sayin'.:p

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yes - the former is unhelpful, the latter teaches us how to help ourselves. Truly the parable of the steak-banana in the nose is abounding with hidden meanings - its depths parallel those of Lake Baikal.

25. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    You just need to work on your apophatic theology, Rammykins :D :D