main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Tide of Discussion: the d20 ToF OOC thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Saintheart, Oct 15, 2012.

1. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    Looks like Skadi is running 200 150 feet then. Choo choo.

Edit: Forgot that heavy armor means she only runs at x3 speed instead of x4.

2. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    CHAAAARGE!

or, well, glide, given William flies now. :p

3. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Action point total is too low. It's 5 + 1/2 level. Since everyone is level 10, that's 10 action points total.

Are there any allied archers within a thousand feet of Evelios? If so, let it rain.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Full on run, wooooo~

5. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Well, that's three out of four spellcasters. Unless Zanaek has some sort of long range spell he really wants to try, I assume everyone in the party is running towards the fight. Archery isn't our strong point.

6. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Yeah, I'm running. I'll get within two rounds distance before I cast Summon Hound Archon and then the next round Spiritual Weapon.

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Anybody else got anything else they want to do this round? I'll assume not if no other responses in the next 12 hours or so...

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I think Ragnar'll want to get his butt into the thick of things and deal as much damage as humanly possible.

9. cassie5squared

Dec 8, 2010
    Looks like we're all just heading for the giants at top speed.

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ariel will fly just a bit higher, above the group and to the side a bit.
    Dont like being one large target ... :p

Also, looking for any other movements that might be happening.
    Just in case the giants were trying to draw them out for a reason...

'just saying'...
    :cool:

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I dunno if traps are so tremendously important when we're basically pulling a "For Frodo" right now. :p

12. cassie5squared

Dec 8, 2010
    *cues up the triumphant LOTR theme*

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Speaking of LotR...

Some ****s and giggles: What if we were weapons in the Hobbit? :p

Elrond looks over a huge mace: This is Ragnar, the Foe Smasher. *looks at next weapon* This sword is Sa'adi, the Justice Bringer. This ... erm... musical instrument is called Evelios, the Lute of Madness...

Ramza Edit: Gotta star that out.

14. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Sorry about the delays, guys - RL intervened. Update will follow soon, hopefully in the next 3 hours or so, but in any event you all might want to hold off until I'm home again and get a map up, since it'll probably make positions a bit clearer...

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Update is up, and the map will follow a few hours from now.

In mechanical terms:
    - 10 shots from hobgoblin bows. 4 shots were aimed at William, 3 at Ragnar, and 3 at Ariel as they're the forwardmost partymembers. No hits on anyone. I'd tell you what you can see, but it's easier just to post up a map soon.

- Those archers on the walls: per Light's suggestion, you've got 5 archers of the Tiri Kitor in that area who took shots from the wall at the giants. 5 probably seems a bit low, but like I said there's only 250 of them in the entire city, spread mostly across the whole west wall of Brindol and commanding giant owls and whatnot. It's only the Tiri Kitor capable of shooting because the human and dwarven defenders of Brindol don't have lowlight vision.

The Tiri Kitor didn't fire before mainly because range increments made it virtually an autofail: shooting at 500 feet with a composite longbow, while possible, imposes an automatic -8 to the roll, meaning they'd have been shooting with a -2 to -4 at best, for a piddling 1d8+3 on damage. Evelios's singing changes that to some extent: he negates most of the -8, and he adds a +6 to damage, with the result that the Tiri Kitor now can use Rapid Shot for a +2/+2 firing sequence over a round, and if a shot hits, it does 1d8+7 damage. In this case, that's exactly what happened: 10 shots from the wall, 2 of which hit for a total of 23 damage.

Bear in mind these guys are not commandable by you unless Evelios plans on shouting orders at people from 1000 feet away and completely giving the game away to the Red Hand, and they're aiming more or less solely at the giants.

16. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Also on something Ktala asked about: Ariel doesn't see anyone else skulking nearby. The ground is relatively clear all the way up to the low hill where the boulders are getting thrown from. The 'giants' have turned out to be what Ariel knows to be two hill giants, two similar-sized monsters that look a lot like the ogres you fought waaaaay back at the Rhest blockade, and 10 or so hobgoblins on the ground.

17. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Never mind, nothing to see here...

18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Okaaaaay, image is up. Skadi's off screen - the calculations are a little bit off to make everyone fit in the screen, but Skadi's position can be calculated relative to the "third rank" of the party. Over to you guys.

19. cassie5squared

Dec 8, 2010
    I have a query; if Mazarun is 160 feet away from the giants, why is he back with the third rank of the party?

20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    He wasn't 160 feet away. Check my basic fail at arithmetic, that allegedly "Mazarun: 480 – 240 feet moved = 160 feet away". The 240 feet comes from a Run move - 4x - and his movement speed of 60 feet. 480 - 240 = 240, not 160, and thus he's back with the third rank. :D

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    And one other rather significant omission: just like Skadi, Zanaek shouldn't actually be on that map either. He wears heavy armour these days - specifically, Skadi's old +1 plate. From that point on I should've dropped his movement rate to 20 feet per round, since that's all you can crank up to in plate. Either way, Zanaek runs at the same speed she does, since you can't get up to 4x speed in heavy armour, only 3x. Therefore his movement speed, distance travelled, and Run move is actually identical to Skadi's, and he's running right next to her -- off the map. So please ignore his existence there, too. Dammit. I'd hoped I wouldn't miss something like that. Sorry, guys. :(

22. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Eh it's fine. Not gonna be able to do anything until 2 rounds before I reach them anyway. So... That's all I'm doing is running until then. :)

Tapatalk Signature
    ----------
    Use the light switch, Luke. Trust your feelings!

23. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Evelios will move directly forward 60 feet, spend an AP to emulate the Sudden Widen feat, Sudden Widen a Confusion centered at O13. Will maintain singing.

Ktala, Penguinator - if possible, could you folks delay and/or focus on the northernmost ogre for the purposes of avoiding the 30 foot burst? It's effects are indiscriminate and you really don't want to get hit by them.

Penguinator likes this.
  24. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    Fight will probably be over by the time she gets there, but Skadi is going to keep running. She'll be 10 feet off the ground, so she can hit any large creatures in the head from on high while avoiding being mobbed by lesser beings. I'd advise the same for anyone else who can stay aloft until we clear out the heavies, then we can take out the trash. No sense exposing yourself to more damage than necessary, especially if your AC is trash.

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    No problem.