1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

OOC A Tide of Discussion: the d20 ToF OOC thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Saintheart, Oct 15, 2012.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. LightWarden Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Oct 11, 2001
    star 4
    First thing's first: Exterminate the caster since it has the highest chance of either breaking the webs or dispelling more buffs. I think either Ragnar or Ariel should be able to charge and come back without problem.

    Skadi's haste was dispelled, so she can't do anything once again, so she's just going to head up top to get near William so she can pull out one of the harpoons next round. Still going to need some crowd control on the remaining bugbears. Another confusion should be able to hit five out the six remaining.
  2. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    So, uh, is it just me or are the monsters not in the initiative count?
  3. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    ...crap, did I forget them?

    Without looking, all monsters can be considered at Initiative Count 8 - right before your hussaryn allies.
  4. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    Updated:

    Initiative Count:
    Corrath: 21
    William: 18
    Evelios: 18
    Mazarun: 1d20+6 – 15
    Ragnar: 13
    Ariel: 10
    Monsters: 8
    Your hussaryn allies: 8
    Skadi: 1d20+1 - 5
    Zanaek: 1d20+2 - 4
    Hound Archon - 4
    Last edited by Saintheart, Sep 3, 2013
  5. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    Just a quick props to those of you who haven't heard: congrats to Ramza on breaking the OVER 9000 power level appointment as an Admin!

    And on a sorta-kinda-maybe related note: okay, I'm assuming the week-long silence in thread is basically because people are either tired of endless battles or haven't got the time to sit down and make a tactical analysis. Fair enough if that's so - I can cutscene through this fight, no deaths involved, if you want. Easiest way to measure it might be to just 'like' this post if you want to go that way. If we get a significant fraction of people who would prefer that, I'll fast forward through this and move us on to something more interesting.
    Mitth_Fisto and cassie5squared like this.
  6. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    I would like to press X to initiate autobattle. :p
  7. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    So you're saying you want to resolve a conflict?

    [IMG]
  8. LightWarden Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Oct 11, 2001
    star 4
    Well, Skadi has no haste active so she's not going to be in the fight for another three rounds, and it's not worth stopping William's savopalooza to correct that. Ariel and Ragnar can dive-bomb the caster and then the bugbears and Maz can keep them attacking. Past that, it all depends on if the bugbears have ranged weapons to engage with us or fire to plow through the webbing.
  9. cassie5squared Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    Dec 8, 2010
    star 2
    Gah, sorry, Saint - I've been focusing so much on all the other stuff I've got going that I completely dropped the ball here, and I feel bad about it. :(
  10. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 1, 2000
    star 6
    Not much I can do anyway except heal people and direct the Hound to kill stuff. No point in me trying to attack, by the time its my turn it'll probably be dead. SO I'll sit back, relax, watch Ragnar smash and keep people alive. Seems to be my lot in life with games these days. Reso Druid in WoW, Warden Cleric in Rift. Seer Jedi Consular in SWTOR. Healing Cleric in ToF, Healing Cleric in tabletop DnD, seems to be a pattern here. Lol
  11. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    But..aint that what clerics DO...? :p
    Sit back and heal folks??
    [face_dancing]
    On the side note, does coming back near Zanaek get a few healing points for Ariel?

    Im not quite up to posting speed yet..I've let Saint know what I wanna have Ariel do next..

    mmmm...
    *goes back on medication*,,,hehehehe
  12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 1, 2000
    star 6
    I could do Sacred Healing, an area effect over time healing spell, but I'll need to step back so I dont catch the bugbears in it.
  13. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Nahhhh.

    I was just curious with all the spells that are currently floating around, if there was something already in the works. Dont worry about it just yet. AT least not until Saint posts..

    *blows bubbles....*
    [face_monkey]
  14. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    Okeydokes -- all updated. Have fun!
  15. Rilwen_Shadowflame Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Mar 27, 2005
    star 6
    So sorry, Saint, I too dropped the ball. Gotta stop doing that.
  16. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    Just happy you're back, dude. ;)
  17. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Hmmm.. So.. it looks kinda clear on our side of things at the moment... ??
    (Besides Ragnar howling at the moon bit)

    Can we see what is going on in other nearer parts of the city? Does it look like there is a slight break in things?
    Or does Airel need to go up, to see that?
  18. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    From the wall it'll be visible that the Red Hand is still trying to break through across the wall, but it's a much more even fight than it was before. The Red Hand's forces still outside the wall, though, seem to be maneuvering -- it looks like they're regrouping off to the west to make another assault on the West Gate; you've seen off the first attempt to break through quickly. So yes, it is more or less clear on your position at the moment.

    The fires in the Tavern District are pretty much all out.
  19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 1, 2000
    star 6
    Do we have runners relaying information from the other walls and the river for any troop movements there?
  20. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    Your best means there is the telepathic link with Jarmaath. I'm pretty sure there'd be runners around - or you could co-opt a couple of the guys who've just turned up to function as runners if need be.
  21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 1, 2000
    star 6
    I'd like to find out one way or another if the Horde is or will attempt a flanking maneuver while most of our defense is focused on the west wall. It's what I'd do any case.


    -----------
    MOTTI: Thou shalt not 'tempt to frighten us with words so like a man of magic, Vader. Nay, thy sorc'rer's act is tir'd and overdone. The sad religion thou dost cling to hath no pow'r to conjure up the stolen plans. Nor dost thou have a third-eye's sight to make--
  22. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    It'll be apparent to Zanaek -- indeed, all of you -- from all your dealings with Brindol over the past couple of weeks that if the Red Hand does have enough force for a serious flanking maneuver against a quadrant other than the western wall, the wall is pretty much lost. Bar the small reserve held at Cathedral Square, Jarmaath and the lords have committed everything to holding the western wall along its length. If that effort fails, the garrison will have to fall back to the inner perimeter William so helpfully drew out back while you were still planning the defence.

    On the positive side, though, a quick telepathic pulse back and forth between Skadi and Jarmaath (and a word or two from the guardsmen around you) indicates that it appears the Red Hand has not decided to be subtle about this. The move against the south gate seems to have been a token effort -- solely an attempt to try and get a couple hundred troops into the city to cause as much mayhem as possible (not to mention draw you guys out, thus allowing Abithriax to take the west gate unopposed). Part of it seems to be Kharn's belief in sheer weight of numbers. Had you guys not beat off the attempts on the west gate and south gate, and in particular if Evelios had not been singing his heart out, that belief would have been justified.

    Anyway, with the south gate (barely) remaining intact, the hobgoblin troops there retired and there hasn't been anything else tried against that gate. The contest for the wall looks as though it will be decided on the western face one way or the other. And as the next couple of minutes tick by, it's looking more and more as though the Red Hand's regrouping for another, more determined push on the West Gate.
  23. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Bleh..

    It felt a bit foggy writing my last post..but hopefully, it did make sense. Just trying to get back into the swing of things.

    So guys, round two.

    Guess we should keep an eye out for the next big and uglies in the area.
  24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jul 1, 2000
    star 6
    1. So what doom is coming upon us now?

    2. How are our troops faring?

    3. Um... Anything requiring our immediate attention?


    -----------
    MOTTI: Thou shalt not 'tempt to frighten us with words so like a man of magic, Vader. Nay, thy sorc'rer's act is tir'd and overdone. The sad religion thou dost cling to hath no pow'r to conjure up the stolen plans. Nor dost thou have a third-eye's sight to make--
  25. Saintheart Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Dec 16, 2000
    star 6
    Hang in there, I've got something coming up...
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza