1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

OOC A Tide of Discussion: the d20 ToF OOC thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Saintheart, Oct 15, 2012.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
  2. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Yay!
    Thanks Saint.

May the plotting commence. And Mitth...whenever yer ready, can work on post.
    As it looks like something wicked this way comes....

:cool:

Any spells to help fortify the gate,,, or shall we save spells for big bag and UGLY guys?
  3. cassie5squared Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Not much, but it hopefully gets my sadly creaky posting skills up and running again.
  4. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Not much again - sorry about the delays once more, it's been a busy time (and school holidays). Let me know if queries, etc...
  5. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    By which I meant not much from me. :D
  6. cassie5squared Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Not posting IC, because all I have to say really is "Maeghen relays this information to William, who alerts the others" - so what she knows the party knows. But that's enough OOC info to start planning, yes?
  7. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
  8. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ok....

Anybody got anything to keep a very good sniper from making pincushions outta us? LOL :p
    Or shall we just be very fast?...

Or perhaps finding something that might be hidden..especially since it is pretty dark out there....
    ;)
  9. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    Ive got nothing prepared unfortunately and I cant swap out for protection spells.
  10. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    You could Phone-An-Archon and ask him nicely to function as an Irish Mine Detector :p :p
  11. LightWarden Force Ghost

star 4
    What does the area look like? It might be possible to rule out some of the locations based on features.
  12. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Well, the last shot came from the southwestern area of Cathedral Square. The area's not a glorified slum such as the Tavern District or Tanners' Row might be; God's Rest, the "suburb" in which the Square lies, is a gentrified area with relatively prosperous businesses and well-to-do clerical and administrative residences. Obviously the sniper is sighting from some sort of elevated position, whether it's a rooftop or a window, if that narrows down the search.

You've got about four potential buildings in that quadrant:
    (1) a single-storey candler's business, southernmost of the fou,r which seems to have a couple of stone chimneys and a pitched roof that a sniper could hide behind;
    (2) a coffinmaker's business north and west of that which has windows looking on the square;
    (3) a double storey structure -- definitely a prosperous residence -- west of the coffinmakers' shop that has some angles of fire blocked by the roof of the coffinmaker's store; and
    (4) a single storey structure north of the coffinmakers' which has a commanding view of the whole of the square, and a relatively flat roof that a sniper perhaps could go prone from and use a crossbow on (or maybe a bow lying flat somehow, or a Raptoran footbow if the person is prone).

Probably more detail or approaching the structures is going to require one or more people closing in on the Square, of course...anything vague here, let me know...
  13. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Hey, guys, if you're wondering why the old PM thread got pinged, it's me. Check in over there and take a look, there's something rather important you all should see. :)
  14. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
  15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    Meagan can find out if number three was used or not based on those already taken down. If they were in line of sight of its windows that do have sight of the square. My take is that building is limited on its view so only a part of the square is seen by it.

We all still can air walk/fly right?

-----------
    MOTTI: Thou shalt not 'tempt to frighten us with words so like a man of magic, Vader. Nay, thy sorc'rer's act is tir'd and overdone. The sad religion thou dost cling to hath no pow'r to conjure up the stolen plans. Nor dost thou have a third-eye's sight to make--
  16. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Yep, those spells won't give out for quite some time.
  17. cassie5squared Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Okay then, guys - do you want Maeghen to scout a bit closer, using cover, or just watch for the next shot and backtrack its path to the nearest building?
  18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    Whichever you think is best. Rest of us can converge on those 4 buildings. Think Corrath could sneak in to see what we face or she or one of us could roll a knowledge check or whatever to see which building a ranged assassin would likely use.

I do hope it is not that Wyrmlord we had spared. Z is going to be angry if it is.

Oh finally found my books! No more perusing PDFs woot!

-----------
    MOTTI: Thou shalt not 'tempt to frighten us with words so like a man of magic, Vader. Nay, thy sorc'rer's act is tir'd and overdone. The sad religion thou dost cling to hath no pow'r to conjure up the stolen plans. Nor dost thou have a third-eye's sight to make--
  19. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Hmm.. It is dark outside still I take it.

Do ya think any fairy lights, or other light sources would mess with the sniper?
    *Of course, warning Meagan.. She should be used to such fireworks nowdays* :p
  20. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    In terms of lights, I suppose if you stuck a fairy light right in front of the sniper it'd probably stop him from taking any more shots as it would with anyone else. What I suspect you're thinking of is the old "flashbang" trick where you set off a light as strong as daylight to blind a drow for a few seconds. The problem with that is that few species (of which drow, it's true, are one) have light sensitivity as such that makes them vulnerable to that sort of tactic, and it usually needs a light burst as powerful as daylight, which fairy lights aren't. And either way you probably still have to find which building the sniper is operating from.
  21. cassie5squared Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Well, it's up to you guys - my falcon is at your disposal.
  22. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    1. HELLO FRIENDS I AM BACK

2. Is there any way we can draw the sniper's fire? Obviously this calls for something a bit more advanced than the helmet on a stick trick, but Skadi's at full HP and she's certainly tanky enough to take a hit to see where it's coming from. On the other hand, do we have any illusions for the guy to fire at instead?
  23. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    WELCOME BACK LIVI! :D

Drawing the sniper's fire I would imagine would be as simple as showing up for you guys. While a couple of partymembers (Corrath, William) are invisible at the moment, the rest of the party is flying and your identities are probably well-known to the Red Hand if not this sniper in particular.

As to illusions, I don't think Major Image or anything like that is part of the party's repertoire at this point. On the other hand, as said, Zanaek has a couple of summoning spells which do allow the said summoned creatures to function as a rather brutal type of Mine Detector if not fire-draw-er. It might sound like a cold tactic, but if it's any comfort a summoned being doesn't actually die when it's reduced to 0 HP, it just winds up sent back to the plane from whence it came.

Yet another possibility is for Mazarun to drop a Darkness spell on someone and let them go in and tank as you're suggesting. Assuming it's a rogue or someone capable of using sneak attack, concealment -- as a Darkness spell provides -- blocks sneak attack damage even if there's a hit. But on the other hand, Maeghen can tell you this sniper, wherever he is, has been getting one-hit kills on the targets he's seen him hitting. Whether that's sneak attack, uber archery skills, or something else entirely is an unknown.
  24. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, my vote is for Zanaek to Summon Celestial Distractions Monkeys and see who takes a pot shot at them :p
    Saintheart likes this.
  25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    Most likely it is because they are common Npcs so they do not have a lot of HPs. Though Jarmaath is a named npc and a major character we do not know if he is dead or simply incapacitated. All we know is that the link with Skadi was abruptly interrupted.

And I suppose I could summon something from IV or V. Ill have to look to see what I can bring in. Traveling ATM so I can't see, unless LW or Saint would be kind to provide a list?

-----------
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza