main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Tide of Discussion: the d20 ToF OOC thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Saintheart, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    WOOT!!
    Now THAT was fun! :D

2. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    At least we can now guarantee that everybody in the room is completely awake, I think.:p

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    I'd say so. Rilwen, would you like your own private split-scene for the return of the bones? I wouldn't mind doing it, myself - I don't think we've seen any references to Mazarun's Fey Heritage as a feat thus far, and the return of Kasovilar's remains could be "paid" for by Sellyria awakening him (gently) to that aspect of himself; if he does have fey heritage, that's a nature-y kind of thing...what do you reckon?

4. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    That'd be nice.:)

5. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    All right, I'll go set it up. ;)

6. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Set up, at least -- Rilwen, if you want to dateline your next "split" post as a few hours later on the same day, maybe the afternoon around dusk or so (or whenever) that'd be fine to do the scene. Just have Mazarun roll up at the same grove of trees that Ariel was in earlier today, and we'll take it from there. :)

P.S. Come alone! :D

7. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *Grumble*

Cant even be NICE..

yeah..yeah.... *I know!*...:p
    WANNA FLY!

GrumpyWings
    hehehehehe

8. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Grrr. Had to cut my post short. Parent breathing down my neck about a chore and lost all thought. Joy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Well..Just happy to be able to LEAVE ROOM NOW!!!

Course...never DID get a response to my question..guess I'll find out soon enough... :p

Now...where to cause trouble now...
    hmmm.....

10. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    I wasn't sure who was hanging onto that elven shortsword and so on, so I've placed it in Maz's hands; if someone else intended to have been carrying it all this time I'm hoping we can say he'd have asked for it to help identify the body he was due to deliver this evening.:)

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Training the troops...this should be .... interesting! :D

12. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_thinking] The Tiri Kitor clearly have an interesting dialect if Sellyria finds 'faerzress' hard, given the component words faer and z'ress are among the few drow and surface elven speech still share.
    Poor owlriders, hard for everybody to understand.:D:p

13. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    (1) In case of wondering: Sellyria keeps calling Mazarun Illythiiri because that's the ancient name of the drow people. She's got more tact than to basically keep calling him traitor in elven while giving life coaching advice. ;)
    (2) Short version of post: "Dude, you totally don't have to do Chaotic Good and start worshipping the weird unicorn-headed goddess. There's a whoooollle big pantheon of nature gods out there to consider, with lots of 'em suited to Chaotic Neutral." :D

14. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    On not going Chaotic Good... well, nobody ever said his fey heritage was the Seelie kind...:D

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    But "Chaotic Good is the best alignment you can be because it combines a good heart with a free spirit"!

Literally 12 years since I first bought my PHB and I still hate the phrasing on the gists of alignments. [face_plain]

16. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    That's because alignment is hands-down one of the absolute worst aspects of D&D, maybe third after ability scores and caster supremacy (it's at least in the top five). It provides nothing of substance or value by its own virtues and leads to endless arguments and horror stories about paladins.

If you completely strip alignment from the game, nothing of value would be lost.

DarthXan318 and Ramza like this.
  17. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    But, but, caster supremacy totally fits with Lord of the Rings! The only reason the story wasn't over in five minutes or resulted in a smoking wasteland was because Gandalf swore to the DM that he wouldn't use the Cheater of Mystra build! :D

18. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    And the DM wouldn't even let him use the celestial heritage he snuck into his sheet for most of the campaign!

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Not that he needed it, he just took a few levels in Druid and picked up some Summon Nature's Ally with Ashbound. :D :D

20. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Apropos of having a character finally hanging around a forest at night, I think I really wanna show off this pic:

KITTY!:D

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Right, well, it's gotten a bit quiet in ToF of late, so I thought I might actually move people on -- unless anyone had anything earth-shatteringly significant they wanted to do "today"? By which I mean - you can take the rest of the day off, as it were, and set out on your various plans to better defend Brindol tomorrow, or you could set out today if you wished. What would people like to do?

23. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    RIGHT THEN, TIME TO INITIATE MY GRAND STRATAGEM TO

Nah, just kidding.

I think just transitioning to the next day with the assumption that today was sort of a goof-off might be good from the meta perspective of trying to jumpstart activity - clean break and all that.

24. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Elemental Plane of Pancakes, Ramza. I haven't forgotten.

25. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Yeah, I'll be trying to put together one final post on the whole fey dealio, but that's solo and needn't wait on anybody. Also a notification that my laptop is currently impersonating a brick, so my posting time will be as frequent as I can manage, but there may be odd delays.