1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

OOC A Tide of Discussion: the d20 ToF OOC thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Saintheart, Oct 15, 2012.

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Yeah, I just need to find some time to write an update.
  2. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    So... Im gonna use my underused Heal skill to identify and treat the poison in Jarmaath first and if it is an ability poison, Restoration to restore him back to full strength. And if that fails, I'll use Heal from the staff.

So what do I need to roll Saint?
  3. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Okeydokes: straight Heal skill roll, which is at +23 if you whip out your Masterwork Healer's Kit.

Oddly enough, I can't see any rules that you actually have to identify a poison before treating it, it's just a matter of your Heal check subbing in for a character's saving throw against poison. For the purposes of better RPing, though, I'd say Zanaek's skills as a doctor and well-travelled nature is such that he's able to identify the poison by its symptoms and by its fearsome reputation: Black Lotus Extract possibly mixed in with Blue Whinnis, the latter of which would explain the unconsciousness. Note that the DC 20 on the poison doesn't mean you automatically succeed with a +23 check: there are a number of ways to boost the DC of a poison, several of which those two snipers were statted up with. Had Ragnar been in a human form, there's every chance that on a couple of good rolls from that poison I could've taken him out. Otherwise as to the treatment and effect of the poison I leave it completely up to you. ;)

@Ktala - you can continue to post on the assumption nothing springs out of the shadows to devour Zanaek, unless it be Ariel. :D :D
  4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    God these dice never roll nice for me. Heal Check 29

So... did I make it over the sniper's souped up poison DC?
  5. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Yyyyep, you did, actually - barely.
  6. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Gotta say, Mitth, I really enjoyed reading that update. Gave me tingles even if I knew the mechanical result! :)
  7. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
  8. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    Easier said than done, apparently. [face_sigh]

If I'm holding things up, please don't wait for me; Thanksgiving break seems to be eating my free time in unexpected ways and I don't know when I'll manage a post.
    Last edited by Ramza, Nov 25, 2013
    Saintheart likes this.
  9. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    You are in command now, Admiral Cleric Piett Skadi.

:D
  10. Livi-Wan Force Ghost

star 4
  11. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Ariel: AHH COMMON!! :p

I barely get one touch in,, and they already hollering for us!

[face_devil]
    Saintheart likes this.
  12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    Lol

-----------
    MOTTI: Thou shalt not 'tempt to frighten us with words so like a man of magic, Vader. Nay, thy sorc'rer's act is tir'd and overdone. The sad religion thou dost cling to hath no pow'r to conjure up the stolen plans. Nor dost thou have a third-eye's sight to make--
  13. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Sorry about the delays, guys; I've been trying to produce something nice for this update, and added to that we've got calcs and maps. Give it a couple more days...
  14. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    And just before we get into that, here's the stats as I understand them to date...

Corrath Marktos
    HP: 68/68
    AC: 34
    Attack: +23/+19/+23/+18/+23 Carduus/Bloodthirst (If two-weapon fighting, in Assassin Stance), +22/+17/+22 if only attacking with rapier)
    Damage: Rapier 1d6+13 (15-20/x2 +7d6+10), Kukri 1d4+13 (18-20/x2 +7d6+10) (in Assassin Stance)
    Saves: Fort – 18, Ref – 31, Will – 19 (+6 vs charm, fear) (-2 vs fear will saves)
    THE PATH OF TYR: Subject can walk on air (ascending at half movement speed) (10 hours)
    GREATER MAGIC WEAPON: Weapon receives enhancement bonus of +3 (10 hours)
    TYR’S CONVICTION: +3 morale bonus to all saves (100 minutes)
    TYR’S CANT AGAINST THE NINE HELLS: 30 protection against [Fire] damage (100 minutes)
    INSPIRE COURAGE: +6 morale bonus to attack, damage, saves vs. charm and fear effects (while singing + residual)
    MARSHALL’S INVISIBILITY: Greater Invisibility (24 hours)
    MARSHALL’S HASTE: +1 to attack rolls, AC, Reflex saves, +1 attack (20 rounds)
    TYR’S PROTECTION: +1 morale bonus to AC and saving throws (10 minutes)
    TYR’S SHIELD OF FAITH: +4 deflection bonus to AC (12 minutes)
    TORM’S DEVOTIONAL SHIELD: +4 sacred bonus to AC (1 minute)

Ariel Elandinai
    HP: 108/108
    AC: 34
    Attack: +27/+22/+27 Sulsalka (Can use Power Attack to take 10 off this and add to damage)
    Damage: Courtblade 1d10+13 (19-20/x2 +1d8 [sonic]) +1d6 electricity, DC 14 Fort or target deafened. 3/day can force DC 16 Reflex or target is stunned. If Power Attacking: 1d10+35 and bonuses apply. Dive Attack doubles damage. Diving Charge adds +2d6 damage.
    Saves: Fort – 25, Reflex – 26, Will – 21 (+6 vs charm, fear) (NB +2 while within 10 feet of Zanaek)
    Spells: (At will/6/3) DC (13+Level) Caster Level: 6
    0: Acid splash, disrupt undead, ray of frost (usable at will).
    1: True Strike, Resist Energy, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shocking Grasp, Chill Touch
    2: Ghoul Touch, Dimension Hop
    INSPIRE COURAGE: +6 morale bonus to attack, damage, saves vs. charm and fear effects (while singing + residual)
    TYR’S CANT AGAINST THE NINE HELLS: 30 protection against [Fire] damage (100 minutes)

Sa’adi Adim
    HP: 115/115
    AC: 31
    Attack: +22/+19 Winterfall (Also note claw attacks)
    Damage: 2d6+21 (19-20/x2) +1d6 cold damage (Also note claw attacks)
    Saves: Fort – 23, Ref – 17, Will – 26 (+6 vs charm, fear)
    Spells: (At will/7/7/6/6/4) DC (18+Level) Domains: Retribution, War Caster Level: 10 (Caster Level 11 for [force] spells.)
    0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance
    1: Entropic Shield, Lesser Vigor, Protection From Evil, Resurgence
    2: Bull's Strength, Close Wounds (2), Shield Other, Spiritual Weapon*
    3: Blindsight, Dispel Magic
    4: Air Walk, Death Ward, Divine Power*, Freedom of Movement,
    5: Flame Strike*, Righteous Might, Surge of Fortune (CC), True Seeing
    THE PATH OF TYR: Subject can walk on air (ascending at half movement speed) (10 hours)
    THE EYE OF TYR: Subject can see normally in natural or magical darkness (100 minutes)
    THE MANY HANDS OF TYR: Extra set of arms. Subject gains 4 claw attack, using BAB + STR, Damage 1d4+STR, can rend for 2d4+1.5xSTR (100 minutes)
    MARSHALL’S MASSIVENESS: +2 STR, -2 DEX, -1 penalty on attack rolls and AC, weapon size increases, Large Size (10 minutes)
    TYR’S STRENGTH: +4 enhancement bonus to STR (10 minutes)

Zanaek Grahorn
    HP: 84/84
    AC: 34 (37 vs. dragon)
    Attack: +18/+13/+18 (longsword)
    Damage: 1d8+10 (19-20/x2)
    Saves: Fort – 23, Ref – 21, Will – 33 (+6 vs charm, fear) (+3 vs. dragon)
    Spells: (At will/7/7/6/6/4) DC 18+Level, CL 10 (CL 13 for [Healing spells], CL 12 for [Divination] spells, CL 11 for [Good] spells.)
    0: Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Resistance, Light
    1: Protection from Evil (D), Bless, Obscuring Mist, Remove Fear
    2: Aid (D), Owl's Wisdom, Spiritual Weapon, Quick March, Mark of Judgment (PHB2), Bull's Strength
    3: Curse of Arrow Attraction (PHB2), Aid [Mass], Lesser Vigor [Mass]
    4: Holy Smite (D), Blessing of Righteous (PHB2), Summon Monster IV, Holy Transformation [Lesser], Summon Hound Archon
    5: Cure Light Wounds [Mass] (D), Wall of Stone, Summon Monster V
    THE EYE OF TORM: Subject can see normally in natural or magical darkness (100 minutes)
    TORM’S LORE: Can remove a dazed, dazzled, fatigued, exhausted, nauseated, or sickened effect in tandem with [healing] spell. CL is 13 for [healing]. (100 minutes) Also note Imbued Healing feat.
    TORM’S CIRCLE AGAINST EVIL: +2 deflection bonus to AC, +2 resistance bonus to all saves. Works on anyone within 10 foot radius of Zanaek. (100 minutes)
    TORM’S PRAYER AGAINST THE WYRM: +3 luck bonuses to AC and Saving throws vs. dragon abilities and attacks (10 minutes)

Evelios D’Rtan
    HP: 80/80
    AC: 33 (36 vs dragon)
    Attack: +19/+14/+19 (Ligeia) (Snowflake Wardance raises all attacks by +6 if on)
    Damage: 1d8+11 +5 [sonic], can force DC 20 Ref save, failure target is stunned
    Bardic Music: 8/10
    Saves: Fort – 18, Ref – 23, Will – 28 (+1 vs. (Sp) effects, Nymph’s Kiss) (+6 morale vs charm, fear) (+3 vs dragon)
    Spells: (Bard 10, Base Save DC 18) At Will/3/4/2/2
    0 - Prestidigitation, Summon Instrument, Detect Magic, Songbird, Light, Message
    1 - Improvisation, Inspirational Boost, Charm Person, Hideous Laughter
    2 - Tongues, Glitterdust, Detect Thoughts, Resounding Voice
    3 - Haste, Glibness, Dispel Magic, Confusion
    4 - Fugue, Sirine's Grace
    THE EYE OF TORM: Subject can see normally in natural or magical darkness (100 minutes)
    CANT OF LUCIANUS PAVAROTTUS: Subject’s voice can be heard clearly up to 1000 feet away. (10 minutes)
    INCENDERUNT CITHARA: +1 to Inspire Courage bonuses while IC is in effect
    TORM’S CIRCLE AGAINST EVIL: +2 deflection bonus to AC, +2 resistance bonus to all saves. Works on anyone within 10 foot radius of Zanaek. (100 minutes)
    THE PATH OF TYR: Subject can walk on air (ascending at double movement speed) (10 hours)
    TORM’S PRAYER AGAINST THE WYRM: +3 luck bonuses to AC and Saving throws vs. dragon abilities and attacks (10 minutes)

Ragnar Ingvarsson
    HP: 151/151 (Raging: 172/172)
    AC: 29 (Raging: 24)
    Attacks: +26/+21/+26 (Adamantine Maul) Raging: +29/+24
    Damage: 1d10+15 (20/x3) +1d6 [electricity] Raging: 1d10+18 (20/x3) +1d6 [electricity]
    When Power Attacking: -10 to attack rolls, +22 to damage. If charging, -10 to AC instead.
    Rage: 3/5
    Saves: Fort – 28, Ref – 20, Will – 18 (Raging: 31, 19, 20) (+6 vs charm, fear)
    THE PATH OF TYR: Subject can walk on air (ascending at double movement speed) (10 hours)
    THE EYE OF TYR: Subject can see normally in natural or magical darkness (100 minutes)

Mazarun Zothyrr
    HP: 121/121
    AC: 33 (36 vs dragon)
    Attacks: +22/+17/+22/+14/+22 (R/R/XB/XB/R)
    Damage: 1d6+14 (18-20/x2) (Rapier), 1d4+11 (Hand Crossbow) +4 to damage if flatfooted enemy within 30 feet
    Saves: Fort 28, Ref 24, Will 24 (27 if enchantment), +2 if spell/spell-like ability, +6 vs charm, fear, +3 vs dragon
    Spells: (4/3) (CL 6)
    0: Detect Poison, Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound, Mending
    1: Grease, Shield, Ray of Clumsiness
    Maneuvers/Stances: Wall of Blades, Leading the Charge, White Raven Tactics, Iron Heart Surge

William Marshall
    HP: 69/69
    AC: 22
    Attacks: +9/+9 melee
    Damage: Who cares?
    Saves: Fort 21, Ref 24, Will 28 (+6 vs charm, fear) (NB +2 while within 10 feet of Zanaek)
    Spells: (4 at-will/7/6/5/5/4)
    0th: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Resistance
    1st: Endure Elements, Enlarge Person, Colour Spray, Protection from Evil, Ray of Clumsiness, Ray of Enfeeblement, Shield
    2nd: Glitterdust, Invisibility, Ray of Stupidity, Scorching Ray, Shatter, Web
    3rd: Dispel Magic, Slow, Haste
    4th: Assay Spell Resistance, Confusion, Enervation, Greater Invisibility, Polymorph
    5th: Feeblemind, Hold Monster, Unfettered Heroism, Mass Fire Shield
    ELMINSTER’S EAGLE: Fly at 40 feet per round, average maneuverability (70 feet per round while Haste is on) (10 hours)
    MARSHALL’S MAGE ARMOUR: +6 armor bonus to AC (10 hours)
    THE ROBE OF TYR: +2 enhancement bonus to clothes for AC (10 hours)
    MARHSALL’S MOMENTS OF HEROISM: Temporary APs for 24 hours

Movement Speeds:

Corrath: 30 feet per round (Air Walk) + 30 feet (Haste)
    Ariel: 30 feet per round (on the ground), Flying 50 feet per round (Wings) + 30 feet (Haste)
    Skadi: 20 feet per round (Air Walk) + 30 feet (Haste)
    Zanaek: 20 feet per round (on the ground) + 30 feet (Haste)
    Evelios: 30 feet per round (on the ground) + 30 feet (Haste)
    Ragnar: 50 feet per round (Air Walk) + 30 feet (Haste)
    Mazarun: 30 feet per round (on the ground) + 30 feet (Haste)
    William: 30 feet per round (on the ground), Flying 40 feet per round (Overland Flight) + 30 feet (Haste)

AP Count:
    Zanaek: 4
    Skadi: 2
    William: 5
    Evelios: 5
    Ragnar: 9
    Ariel: 10
    Corrath: 9
    Mazarun: 9

Needless to say you are headed into a serious fight. I'm assuming this casting's going on during or after the last fight. This more or less assumes you've put back on those obvious buffs that otherwise would've expired. In William's case I'm assuming temp APs get spent to keep the spells since they essentially are infinite. I've pulled off 1 AP from Evelios, Skadi, and Zanaek to keep all their spells stable since the last major fight. I think this is a fairly straight set of numbers to go into this fight with, but if you want anything fine-tuned or put back in that I've missed, now is probably a really good time to mention it. You'll note I've assumed both the Polymorphs on Evelios and Ragnar have been dismissed for convenience's sake, but if you want to retain them and have me redo the stats to reflect them being in whale and treant forms, let me know. I might add that the 10 minute duration spells will be pretty close to expiry; let's call it five rounds left by the time the next fight gets to initiative counts.

I'm also going to change things very slightly in that the IC stuff, and only the IC stuff, will be in the IC thread. The map and calcs will be here, in the OOC thread, when the fight starts, if only so it saves some clicking around for discussing what to do next. IC contributions will still be in that thread, of course!
  15. LightWarden Force Ghost

star 4
    Polymorph should stay on Ragnar at least, since it makes him bigger and stronger. We're going to want to fire up Haste and Mass Fire Shield again, I think, maybe make William Invisible too.
  16. LightWarden Force Ghost

star 4
    Skadi should probably also use Divine Power, spending an AP to boost the CL to 12 to boost her BAB to +12 for the extra attack per round. Righteous Might and Surge of Fortune as well. Blindsight should be cast on Corrath, True Seeing on Skadi.
  17. cassie5squared Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Sure thing - let William fire off all the spells needed, one per round as we head back to the gate so he can recapture them all via infinite APs. Final thing before we get to the intended location, though - if Livi has no objections, I'd like to hit Skadi with a Polymorph.
  18. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    Most of my spells I've picked are meant to deal with the dragon and the Death Knight, so unless we're facing the DK this time, there arent any that I can use on the way since Skadi pretty much covers it all anyway.
  19. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Okay -- by the way, aside from William who's got them on tap, are you guys spending action points on instant spell recall? It's just that some balances are getting pretty low ...

Also, Mitth, you can pretty comfortably assume that you'll be facing the Death Knight very, very shortly.
  20. LightWarden Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think Skadi is preserving any of her spells, she doesn't have the AP for that. Just the AP to boost the CL on Divine Power, leaving her with 1.
  21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    Okay. Well I'll definitely will want to use Blessing of the Righteous on as many PCs and NPCs as possible, probably right before we engage to get the most out of its usage. Should last 11 rounds since its a Good spell. Grants 1d6 holy damage to ranged and melee attacks to all within a 40ft radius centered on the caster and are considered good aligned.

Will use Bull's Strength for myself once I pop Holy Transformation [Lesser] (SC 116). It would give me a +4 STR in addition to what I gain from becoming a Protectar.

Also want to cast Owl's Wisdom to boost my healing and other spells. Probably do that one first.

How soon are we going to engage btw so I know when to cast these things? And how many CLs would I gain if I spent an AP to boost the Good domain? Want to get as much time for those spells as possible.

*mutters* Though will probably face roll the Death Knight like we do everything else.
    Last edited by CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Dec 12, 2013
  22. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Don't worry too much about spell duration: I will assume that Zanaek chooses the right moment to buff himself so he doesn't find himself charging into battle completely naked. Casting along the way to the square probably won't affect your movement speed either since you guys do need to keep pace with the reserve -- basically their hustle is equivalent to your walking speed, really.

An AP spent to increase a spell's ECL (effective caster level) raises it by 2. So your Good spells would last 13 rounds rather than 11.

@cassie5squared -- what did you intend to polymorph Skadi into? (If only so I can pick out the right token for my combat map...)

@Ramza -- does Whalevelios want to stay as Whalevelios, given he (as it turns out) wasn't required for the motivational speech to the city watch?
  23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Chosen One

star 6
    I'll spend an AP to increase Good's CL
  24. cassie5squared Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Oops. Cave troll for Skadi is what I was thinking.
  25. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

Administrator
    star 7
    While the thought of entering combat as a proud and noble duck amuses me to no end, probably need my mobility and spell-castingy at full capacity, so no more Whalevelios.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza