main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC A Tide of Discussion: the d20 ToF OOC thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Saintheart, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    [face_nail_biting]

So..a scrying in the church, hmmm?

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    So.

[​IMG]

Any questions?

3. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    EEEK!!!

And I thought yer post couldnt possibly get any creepier...

Then ya show us THAT GIF....

[face_nail_biting]

Yeah..I got question!!!
    uh..

Let me get back to you on that....

Saintheart likes this.
  4. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Z: Da $%^&?

Saintheart likes this.
  5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ah yes..my question...

In this 'vision' are all of us seeing all these different dead folks...
    Or as Im guessing...Each one of us..is seeing one person in particular..

Ie..Ariel sees Taliessar, Evelios is seeing his dad, etc.etc.etc...

??

Thanks!
    :D

*Still creepy scene, no mater HOW ya put it!*

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I just assumed "scrying" was actually "peyote."

We were somewhere around Brindol on the edge of the desert when the divination began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should scry. ..."

Saintheart likes this.
  7. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Yes, each of you were seeing a different person. Your minds - or your consciousness, anyway - were somehow all occupying the same "place", so in effect you felt and saw the same things as one another, the only difference essentially being that each of you perceived your "guide" as a different individual.

Let's put it out there explicitly. Zanaek scryed, but the spell was seized on and utilised by Another. If you can't guess who that "another" was, I will be sad. :) In a manner rather similar to the way the gods have been intervening to level you up, your guide gave you all the equivalent of an epic level scrying, taking you to the Fane of Tiamat and through its salient features to the last room: the small sanctum at the bottom of the shaft. Because all of you experienced the divination - and in particular William - you now have enough detail of that room to accurately teleport to it, thus avoiding having to fight your way into the Fane and through who-knows-how-many crazed hobgoblins and possibly random demons as you go. Skadi then tried to see the final, innermost sanctum at the top of the shaft, where Azarr Kul is conducting the ritual, but the energies involved broke through and the Other was forced to withdraw you, thus ending the spell.

8. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    P.S. Ramza with your liberal education I was really hoping you caught the (here is no water but only rock) reference...? [face_nail_biting][face_praying]

Ramza likes this.
  9. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Shantih shantih shantih

Saintheart likes this.
  10. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    As an aside, I actually first got round to experiencing that poem via an audiobook recording recently, mainly because my free time these days is on the journey to and from work. A Libravox recording 'twas, and I love how the lady read the poem. She made the poem really sing. No, really. She literally sang those parts of the poem that are derived from songs, she spoke three languages, and she changed her accent during the HURRY UP PLEASE IT'S TIME sequence. Libravox audio recordings seem to be a bit hit and miss since it seems to be volunteer work (my ear screams during the Libravox recitals of what might once have been the selected poems of John Keats, and my recent listen to Aristotle's Poetics was hilarious for the occasional remark the reader offered on the text at some points) but this was a definite hit. And I have to admit the poem did have an emotional impact on me: it made me unsettled, even a little afraid. Quite the testament to T.S. Eliot's power as a stylist.

11. cassie5squared

cassie5squared Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 8, 2010
    I did rather rapidly pick up on the anvil-sized hint about teleporting. :p Knuckle up, guys.

Saintheart likes this.
  12. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    On that, I might note that if you're planning to go in with all spells up, this will be your last day in Brindol. William hasn't rested since last night, and Zanaek's just burned a spell on Divination, not to mention I think all your stuff can be incorporated as getting made over these 24 hours. If you want to go in with less spells, fine by me, we'll do the calculations up on that basis. Either way: prepare yourselves.

13. cassie5squared

Dec 8, 2010
    ...guys we are totally resting up this wizard needs to be 100% efficient :p

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Last cuddle session!! :p

And some good wine...
    Oh joy!

;)

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    For logistics, I guess the main thing is specifying spells for tomorrow and whether you're crafting any scrolls or potions to free up headspace for other incantations. Within reason you've got more or less open slather in terms of cost since most of the party doesn't want any gear crafted as far as I can tell. So I'd suggest you guys pick spells and get a good night's sleep. No sidetrips; if you're going to be teleporting in as I'm guessing, this is the last battle. Everything depends on this.

16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't exactly have to prep spells, so typically whatever the group wants to do is fine by me. However, since the wiz wants a restock I'm in favor of that.

17. cassie5squared

Dec 8, 2010
    We're going to need a scroll of Teleport, if we can - William's going to need every available spell slot for the fight and I don't fancy using one on just getting there.

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Thats a good idea. A way BACK would be good as well!! ;)

**Hopes we get there BEFORE certain 5 heads get there...**

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Hah, assuming we need one. Do you want to live forever?

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Not forever.... just a little longer.... :p

Now.. hopes we got enough protection spells... lol!

So..how DOES one close the gate? Cause of killing was fueling the flame for the spell.. sounds like going in killing more would actually accelerate things!!

Any thoughts??

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Clearly the solution is to convert Azarr Kull to the side of good using the powers of love and friendship. We've got to go full magical girl.

22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    The gate hasn't opened yet. Kul is still casting the spell to open it fully. When it's fully open, then and only then can Tiamat and her shrieking hordes pass through.

23. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Will need spells to counter a spellcaster (I think he's a spellcaster anyway) and a dragon god. Spells to absorb or avoid damage. Though if Tiamat manages to be summoned, we are screwed. Each of her heads does 10d10. She could, essentially, one shot many of us and two shot our sponges.

Course what we really need are champions who've dealt with Tiamat on a regular basis. Don't suppose anyone know where they currently are? :p

24. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Either way, folks, I think it's time to start picking spells and girding up your loins. Again, if you want to scribe spells you've got more or less free rein; if there's a problem with what you propose I'll jump in and say so, but the party's rolling in cash right now, so it's unlikely you're going to run out of gold.

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I don't think I can offer a lot on the spell prepping front, but I am going to try and get an IC post up in a few days. For some reason I've been kind of busy. :p