main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy A Tide of Flames: a d20 Dungeons & Dragons adventure

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Saintheart, Feb 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: My redone initiative roll: [8,4] = (12)
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1513480/

hopefully that works

Saintheart likes this.
  2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ariel Elandinai
    Back in the skies, heading for the farm

As Ariel flew back, she knew she had a while before she caught up with the others. They might already have gone ahead, not waiting for her. She began to think of a possible plan, as she went higher in the sky. She could see fine, and she figured, that if she stayed out of their javelin reach, she could still hit them.

She mentally went through her supplies. She did have a smokestick. If she needed yo, she could use that, to confuse the goblin, and give the others cover.

She thought to the area where the family might be hiding, if they had not been found out. Still she could not do anything, until she reached the others, and found out what was going on. She just hoped there were not more goblins hiding someplace she had not seen.

TAG

Saintheart likes this.
  3. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Phew. :D

Also, don't I get a masterwork rapier (as opposed to a normal one)...?

IC: Corrath Marktos

The Mossgarde Farm

The seconds ticked by. Corrath could hear something moving around in the field, not thirty feet from where she lay.

The rogue focused on staying absolutely still. Her heart hammered, but her breaths were slow and even. Her mentors at Silverymoon would be proud, Corrath thought distantly. Even the pain was under control now; she no longer felt the overwhelming urge to clutch her left arm to her chest and curl up in a ball. Now that the shock had worn off, her injuries - aside from the broken rib, which she knew could puncture a lung if she wasn't careful - didn't feel so bad. She wouldn't win any foot races on that leg, but she should be able to walk.

Then the Something spoke. Corrath tensed, but didn't move. It and another spoke in guttural voices, as if they'd been dragged through a sewer grate, but not in a language she understood. Fantastic, Corrath thought. She was fluent in five languages and none of them were useful at the moment - should've learnt Goblin.

Still, she could guess. By the tone one was the leader, giving commands to the other - to press on or to give up the search? In a moment, she got her answer: the wheat hissed as though more people were moving through it, but the sounds were rapidly fading to the west. Except - as Corrath listened, there came the sound of movement far closer. Not at a fast walk, either, as the other had suggested; this sounded like someone trying to move slowly through the wheat.

Oh, not good.

Decisions: stay or move? Right now, her one advantage was that the goblins didn't know where she was; moving might give away her position. Then again, if she stayed put, the goblin might eventually find her -

Goblin. Singular. If it was just one goblin, which was what it sounded like, she might be able to take it out silently before it could alert the others. Slowly, quietly, Corrath laid her right hand on the hilt of her rapier. She didn't dare draw it - the rasp of leather or the glint of metal might give away her position - but if the goblin stumbled upon her she would be ready.

TAG: DM

Move Silently: 16

I've also put my character sheet up on Google Docs for easy reference.

Saintheart likes this.
  4. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    OOC: My initiative roll was 16, LightWarden did it for me.

[b]Skadi[/b]
    [i]Mossgarde Farm, outskirts[/i]

Skadi listened to her fellow cleric give the rest of the group advice. It was strange, she reflected, to be about to go into a fight with allies who she did not even know. If she lived through this, Skadi resolved to at least find out her companion's names.

"I agree." the cleric spoke up. "The winged elf rescued a baby, which means at least one parent. I would reckon more, seeing as farms are difficult to run on your own. We are looking for multiple survivors." she fingered the silver symbol that hung around her neck. Once, long ago, she had relied on luck and skill to survive battles. Skadi shuddered to remember how she had been so reckless.

The cleric drew her sword and readied her shield, preparing to dispense some justice.

"Tyr go with me in this fight."

[b][TAG Any][/b]

Saintheart likes this.
  5. LightWarden

LightWarden Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2001
    OOG: Confirmed. And people, if you're playing this game and are currently thinking "I should probably wait until my turn comes up", please don't do this. The sooner we get people posting, the faster things go. So post your actions, and Saintheart will resolve them in initiative order.

And since I can fill up space, might as well talk about spells. Spells are cast by spellcasters, and follow a rather specific method. Basically, most conventional spellcasters cast spells using spell slots, and there are two ways of doing it: prepared spells and spontaneous casting. Prepared spells involve the spellcaster matching each slot to a list of spells known. In our case, we have two spellcasters who use prepared spells- our two clerics. They're different from our spontaneous casters, who can burn their spell slots to cast any of a limited list of spells, such as our sorcerer. So let's take a look at them (note that I have converted them to a standard format that I use because I am like that).

Celbrandir:
    Spells (5/4) DC (13+Level)
    Level 0: Mage Hand, Light, Disrupt Undead, and Detect Magic
    Level 1: Enlarge Person, Magic Missile

Skadi:
    Spells (3/3) DC (14+Level) Domains: Retribution, War
    0: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
    1: Divine Favorx2, Shield of Faith (d)

Zanaek:
    Spells (3/3) DC (14+Level) Domains: Healing, Protection
    Level 0: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
    Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d), Divine Favor, Protection from Chaos/Evil

Now, the way this works is that the number after the word Spells denotes how many spells that the caster has left for the day. The number furthest to the left represents how many 0th level spells (the weakest spells, usually used for simple utility work) and as you go right, it determines how many spells can be cast of the 1st level, 2nd level, 3rd level, etc. Since these guys are 1st level characters, they can only cast 1st level spells, so the rest of the spell levels are irrelevant (note that this doesn't mean that 3rd level characters get 3rd level spells, spells levels correspond with your level/2, give or take). The word DC refers to the term "Difficulty Class", and if you cast a spell on someone who doesn't want that spell cast on him, it refers to the number the character has to beat to minimize or negate the spell's effect with what is known as a saving throw. Higher numbers mean that the spell is more difficult to resist, and the usual method for calculating the DC is 10 + your primary casting score ability modifier (Intelligence for Wizards, Wisdom for Clerics and Druids, Charisma for Sorcerers) + the spell's level + any other bonus you might have (in this case: none). High casting scores are important, as not only do they determine how difficult your spells are to resist, but also what the maximum level of spell you can cast is (you need a score of 10+spell level to cast it), and a high score usually gives you bonus spell slots. For this reason, casters often try to boost their ability scores to crazy levels.

Anyways, Celbrandir is a spontaneous caster, which means unlike his clerical cohorts, he can mix and match his spells to his heart's content. He has two 1st level spells known, and 4 1st level spells per day, which means he can cast any combination of Magic Missile (a basic attack spell that's surprisingly useful, even at higher level games) and Enlarge Person (a spell that makes the target bigger and stronger and generally better at putting people in the ground) that totals up to 4. The same goes for his 0th level spells, which can be cast in any combination of up to 5.

In comparison, the clerics have to hand-pick each spell to fill each slot, but unlike Celbrandir, they can pick from a huge list of spells each day for any particular combination they please. In this case, both Skadi and Zanaek have chosen Divine Favor, a spell that boosts attack and damage for a minute, allowing them to beat up their opponents, but Skadi has two shots of it prepared, allowing her to cast it again after it ends. Both have also chosen a de

Saintheart likes this.
  6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Id LOVE to post..but Airel is still getting there...*sigh*
    So in the meanwhile..

Ariel Elandinai
    Back in the skies, heading for the farm

Ariel decided to go up a bit higher. Even if she had not reached the others yet, perhaps she could at least get a view to what was going on so far. If there was another group hidden, she might have a chance to spot them from her great height. She also carried a spyglass, she could use to peer down if she thought she saw something.

As her broad wings moved to push herself as fast as possible, she wondered about these goblin. She thought goblins stayed in forest settings. Then again, these had not. A raiding party maybe?

With a sigh, Ariel offered a prayer to the Winged Mother once more, as she speed towards the others. She only hoped that she would make it back in time to be useful to the others.

TAG:....whoever, when I get there...

Saintheart likes this.
  7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    DM OOG: Okay, so here we go. As LightWarden says, just post up your move; I'll resolve it according to initiative order. By the way, that initiative order, including the goblins, is as follows:

Tog: Radok Keghammer - 20
    DarthXan318: Corrath Marktos - 19
    Livi-Wan: Skadi - 16
    Ktala: Ariel Elandinai - 12 (she's not present right now, but this is where she'll be when she arrives.)
    Yuul_Shamar: Celbrandir Silverwind - 12
    Mitth: Zanaek Grahorn - 10
    Goblins - 10
    SephyCloneNo15: Simwar Saddlebrook - 8

In the interests of making things a bit tactical, I've also redone the map. Mitth: I forgot to put in a compass, but assume the top of the map is North.

You'll also notice letters and numbers to the top and left side of the map. This is so you can record, OOC, where your character walks on that map by posting the grid reference.

For example, Radok can move 20 feet if he's just walking and wants to still be able to attack. Tog decides he wants to move up a bit closer to the burning barn. Each square represents five feet, so Tog writes OOC that he's moving from Ae36 to Z32 -- four squares at five feet each, which is 20 feet. In return, OOG I will post up the positions of the goblins in the same format (when and if you see them).

So here's the map:

[image=http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc4/Borf_the_Dwarf/Mapstart.jpg]

A direct link to it can be found here.

As indicated, people can start at any point inside the red rectangle (except Corrath, of course, who presently lies prone at Y9.)

Lastly, in terms of timing and limits and so on, if people don't post an action for their character within 3 days of the commencement of each round, I'll post for them. Your character will fight defensively but won't make aggressive moves against anyone. If however you really will be absent for good cause, PM me or Light and we'll work something out.

Corrath Marktos

The Mossgarde Farm

Luck, or perhaps the goddess, were with the young half-elf. She managed to get herself into a painful half-crouch which offered a little better chance to defend herself if it came to blows. Additionally, the sounds of the goblin's movement were now off to the north, maybe some thirty feet away from her position.

TAG: DarthXan318

Corrath Marktos
    HP: 8/19 - Seriously injured
    AC: 11 (leather armour instead of studded)
    Attack/Damage: -1 melee, +3 ranged
    --Rapier 1d6-1 (18-20/x2+1d6)
    --Shortbow 1d6-1 (20/x3+1d6)
    --Dagger 1d4 (19-20/x2+1d6)
    Saves: Fort - +1, Ref - +5, Will - 0
    PRONE: -4 to AC

Everyone else except Ktala

The Mosgarde Farmhouse

The small band of intrepid adventurers finally reached the outskirts of the Mossgarde homestead, to find things quiet.

Very quiet.

The barn, of course, was a raging inferno off to the north of their position, blocking their view in that direction. In the dirt-covered square lay a body -- presumably the same one that Ariel had seen earlier. Near the entrance to the farmhouse, several smallgoods and boxes had been littered across the ground. The wheat field was visible further to the north as a glimmering patch of silver-lit tallgrass, and just to the west lay the stone wall of homestead's small grazing field with its cropped grass and sheep milling at the south end of the enclosure.

Zanaek Grahorn was peering hard into the night, but his eyes were not those of an elf or even a dwarf, and bright as the fire from the barn was, it didn't do that much to illuminate the scene. From where he was he could see nothing out of the ordinary -- and none of the goblins Ariel had mentioned.

TAG: Everyone but Ktala!

Zanaek Grahorn
    HP: 25/25
    AC: 15
    Attack/Damage: Melee -1 (Mace, shield, dagger); Ranged -1
    --Heavy Mace 1d6/1d8-1, crit 20/x2, bludgeoning)
    --Light Crossbow: [1d6/1d8-1, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 80 f

8. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: Celbrandir

They had arrived at the farmhouse, although to the best of his ability Celbrandir could not pick out any goblin forms amongst the farm. That did not mean that there were none however. Celbrandir decided to stay behind and close to the shield dwarf without venturing to far from the cleric whom's name he knew to be Zanaek Grahorn.

While he did this he tried to spot any sign of the goblins or suspicious movement.

Tag
    ---------
    Spot Check: [5,7] = (12)
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1515349/

OOC: This dice roller doesn't like me! :mad: :_|

Saintheart likes this.
  9. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    DM OOG: Yuul: I'll assume from your post that Celbrandir will go to whatever square is directly east of Radok Keghammer, when Tog tells us what grid reference he's going to.

10. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    OOG: By the way kids, going prone gives you a -4 to your defense against melee attacks, but a +4 to your defense against ranged attacks, on account of the fact that you're hitting the dirt and making it harder for people to shoot you, but anyone standing next to you is going to have an easier time stabbing you.

Just a few minor notes:
    -Dwarves get a +1 bonus on attacks against goblinoids (and orcs) thanks to their racial history of fighting them
    -Radok's greataxe does 1d12+4 on account of the fact that it's two-handed (and thus gives 1.5x his Str bonus, rounded down)
    -Simwar's Favored Enemy (goblinoids) gives him a +2 bonus on Spot, Listen, Bluff, Sense Motive, and Survival checks used against them, as well as a +2 bonus on damage rolls. I have no idea why his bow is giving him 1d4+4 though, since you can't add your Dex bonus to damage, just your STR bonus if you're using a composite bow of a certain quality.
    -When moving, diagonal squares usually count for 1.5 squares, and if you want to, you can move up to twice in one round, taking both your actions as move actions to move up to your speed (20 ft (4 squares) for everyone but Corrath and Celbrandir (30 ft/6 squares) and Ariel (30 ft/6 squares walking, 50 ft/10 squares flying)), but you don't get to attack that turn. If you want to attack, you can take a single move action then attack, or you can charge, moving up to double your speed in a straight line and making a melee attack at the end of the charge, gaining a +2 bonus on the attack, but taking a -2 penalty to AC for the round.
    -Special senses: low-light vision (elves, half-elves and halflings), which allows you to see in dim lighting conditions (such as moonlight) as if it were as bright as day. Darkvision (dwarves, half-orcs, goblins...) which allows you to see in pitch blackness with no light source whatsoever.

Saintheart likes this.
  11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    DM OOG: Reissued the following stat blocks incorporating corrections :) :

Corrath Marktos
    HP: 8/19 - Seriously injured
    AC: 11 melee, 19 ranged
    Attack/Damage: -1 melee, +3 ranged
    --Rapier 1d6-1 (18-20/x2+1d6)
    --Shortbow 1d6-1 (20/x3+1d6)
    --Dagger 1d4 (19-20/x2+1d6)
    Saves: Fort - +1, Ref - +5, Will - 0
    PRONE: -4 to melee AC, +4 to ranged AC

Zanaek Grahorn
    HP: 25/25
    AC: 15
    Attack/Damage: Melee -1 (Mace, shield, dagger); Ranged -1
    --Heavy Mace 1d6/1d8-1, crit 20/x2, bludgeoning)
    --Light Crossbow: [1d6/1d8-1, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 80 ft., 4 lb., light, piercing]
    --Shield, light [1d2/1d3-1, crit x2, 6 lb., light, bludgeon]
    --Dagger [1d3/1d4-1, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1 lb., light, piercing]
    Saves: Fort - +3 Ref - -1 Will - +6
    Spells (3/3) DC (14+Level) Domains: Healing, Protection
    Level 0: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
    Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d), Divine Favor, Protection from Chaos/Evil
    FATIGUED: -2 STR, -2 DEX, Can't charge or run (8 hours' rest to clear)

Celbrandir Silverwind
    HP: 13/13
    AC: 14
    Attack/Damage: +0 melee, +4 ranged
    --Dagger 1d4(crit 19-20 x2)
    --Shortbow 1d6(20 x3)
    Saves: Fort - +1 Ref - +4 Will - +4
    Spells (5/4) DC (13+Level)
    Level 0: Mage Hand, Light, Disrupt Undead, and Detect Magic
    Level 1: Enlarge Person, Magic Missile

Skadi
    HP: 27/27
    AC: 18
    Attack/Damage: +3 longsword, +2 Heavy Mace
    --Longsword: 1d8+2 (19-20/x2)
    --Heavy Mace: 1d8+2 (20/x2)
    Saves: Fort - +4, Ref - +1, Will - +6
    Spells (3/3) DC (14+Level) Domains: Retribution, War
    0: Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic
    1: Divine Favorx2, Shield of Faith (d)
    AURA OF COURAGE:
    -- Immune to Fear (Magical or Otherwise)
    -- +4 to saving throws against fear for all allies within 10 feet

Radok Keghammer
    HP: 32/32
    AC: 17
    Attack/Damage: (axes): +8; (missile): + 2
    --Greataxe [1d12+4, crit x3, 12 lb, two-handed, slashing]
    --Battle Axe [1d8+3, crit x3, 6 lb., one-handed, slashing]
    --Dwarven Waraxe [1d10+3, crit x3, 8 lb., one-handed, slashing]
    Saves: Fort - +4, Ref - +1, Will - +2
    NB: +1 to attacks on goblinoids

Simwar Saddlebrook
    HP: 24/24
    AC: 18
    Attack/Damage: Handheld +2, Missile +6
    --Dagger [1d3, crit 19-20/x2, range inc 10 ft., 1/2 lb., light, piercing]
    --Composite Shortbow [1d4, crit x3, range incr. 70 ft., 1 lb., piercing]
    Saves: Fort - +6, Ref - +7, Will - -1
    NB: +1 to attacks vs. goblinoids
    +1 to attack and damage at targets under 30 feet away

As a final note, darkvision doesn't mean you can see to the horizon in total darkness. Dwarves see 60 feet in darkness (or semi-darkness, obviously) with perfect clarity, but beyond that range they're back to normal sight.

Low-light vision, by contrast, does give you the same effect as daylight when in the moonlight. Which is what we have right now. I'll be taking each of those things into consideration on Spot rolls and what have you.

12. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    What are those green splotches near us?

Saintheart likes this.
  13. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    DM OOG: Demonstrations of my inability to use MS Paint properly. Ignore them. :)

14. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    IC: Corrath Marktos

The Mossgarde Farm

Keeping one tense hand on the hilt of her rapier, Corrath managed to raise herself up to a painful half-crouch which was a marginally better position to fight from than flat on the ground. Happily, the goblin didn't seem to have noticed; in fact, the noise was getting more distant, perhaps thirty feet away.

The half-elf risked a cautious peek above the wheat, scanning both the wheat field and the rest of the farm for activity. Evidently the goblins could see well enough in the dark to hit her, but she was gambling on the fact that she would hear them approaching through the field. Now that the goblin seemed to have lost interest, she ought to get a move on as well - but not until she knew where the rest of them were. Once nicked, twice shy.

TAG: DM

Wasn't sure which to use here, so I rolled for both Spot and Search... use either/both/neither as appropriate. :p Although I forgot to add the +1 to Spot racial ... whoops.

Saintheart likes this.
  15. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    OOC: Okay so lightvision is bascially nightvision and darkvision is infrared vision?

Zanaek Grahorn

The Farm

"I don't see the goblins nor our companion anywhere," Zanaek informed. It was too quiet. He didn't like it. "Come lets get to that farmer and then to the house." Zanaek started to walk closer to the burning barn in the hopes it would provide some cover from sight. He continued to keep an eye out for Corrath or the goblins or listen for any trouble or threats.

TAG: Everyone, but Ktala

Movement: Af36 to Ac33
    I'll be eventually making my way to the "dead" farmer to check on his vitals.

Spot Check 1d20+6 = 14
    Listen Check 1d20+4 = 6

Saintheart likes this.
  16. LightWarden

Oct 11, 2001
    OOG: Because I'm not letting any of you walk away without hearing this Gary Gygax is dead. The man co-founded this game, and had a tremendous impact on gaming, from tabletop to conventional to video games.

Saintheart likes this.
  17. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Moment of Silence...

Saintheart likes this.
  18. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    DM OOG: Thank you Mr Gygax. May your Ride checks always meet the DC, your attack rolls always be against favoured enemies, and all your damages be maxes. :(

Moving on (and while we wait for everyone to post), some quick comments/answers:

Mitth: Basically. Lowlight vision allows its user to see double the distance a normal person would see in shadowy conditions, and it allows the user to see as clearly as under daylight when the moon is out. Darkvision is only in black and white, but allows perfect vision bar colour out to 60 feet in the case of dwarves. Cover and concealment still apply; if you're hiding behind a rock darkvision can't see you any more than normal or lowlight vision can.

DarthXan: A natural 20 on the Search check. Nice. Now what can I do with that... :p

19. DarthXan318

Sep 12, 2002
    OOC: Hehe... yup, I like this roller. :D Speaking of which, it'd be pretty cool if everyone could enter the same campaign name in the roller because that way we get a campaign page where you can see everyone's rolls. (Okay, it's far from necessary, but I just think it's cool...)

Incidentally, you can just call me Xan if you like. I've seen 3 variations of my username in the thread so far. :p

Saintheart likes this.
  20. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    DM OOG: Sounds good to me, though GM rolls will never be shown on that page for obvious reasons. :D How about people use the campaign name "Tide of Flames" and that'll allow it to happen?

Very well, I shall call you Xan. I had planned on referring to you as FuzzywuzzyGazootBlankets, but Xan is probably just as good. :p :D :D

21. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    (ooc: I've got iffy [read: the neighbor's] wi-fi while I'm home for Spring Break this week, so I may not be able to get on and post as often as necessary [read: sporadic posting]. If you desperately need to get Initiatives going around my inactivity, please assume that Simwar fires at the most conveniently ranged goblin. Unless of course you need to stick hard and fast to the "You don't post; you don't act" rule)

IC: Simwar Saddlebrook
    Near the Mossgarde Farm

His part said, Simwar proceeded to ignore the rest of the debate until he noticed weapons being readied for combat.

Given the moonlight and firelight, the Halfling had little difficulty seeing the goblins, pathetic, brutish creatures, no civilization, no trappings of wealth, the pitiable things did not know how to live.

Simwar would not exactly teach them the value of acquisitiveness in a civilized society; these were standard, cheap, arrows, after all. He would not be teaching them any lessons tonight. Perhaps when he was independently wealthy, he could spread the civilization of flourishing economies and aristocrats, wallets bulging with hard-earned gold pieces, living on the backs of those who were not willing or smart enough to amass their own fortunes.

And really, that was the problem he had with goblins. There was some semblance of intelligence there. Certainly not of the Halfling caliber, nor their handsomeness, but there was at least enough intelligence to find themselves, if properly motivated, a nice shop somewhere at which to amass a fortune. They were ready to become a thriving economy to throw gold Simwar's way, but they lacked the will to do so, for no explicable reason, always happy to be the underling of the next cosmo-threatening wizard, rather than spend their efforts in banking, or selling of knockoff artifacts, or debtor-hassling, or any one of the many careers open to them.

This was why Simwar hated them, and was ready at a moments' notice to perforate the little mounds of wasted economic potential. When he saw one, he waited until his newfound allies were safely buffering the area between him and the nearest goblin, and loosed an arrow.

Tag: DM, everyone in the fight

Spot Check: 9-2+2+2=11
    Move from Af38 to Ac35
    Attack: 15+1(+1?)=16 (17 if nearest goblin is within 30 feet)
    Damage (if an enemy is hit with above roll) 3+4=7

(ooc2: please correct me if I did anything wrong)

Saintheart likes this.
  22. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    DM OOG: SephyCloneNo15: I think I can appreciate why you posted as you did, seeing as I only said that Zanaek didn't see any goblins combined with an indication that halflings have lowlight vision. I should've made it clearer -- nobody in your group could see any goblins around, at least until Spot checks are made (and possibly not then, if they're concealed.) Having said that I'll certainly accept the movement, and if your Spot check does in fact reveal any goblins I'll take the course you described. In a sense it's not really any different to freeform RP: you check with the GM as to whether you see anything first, then post as you did once you've actually got an acknowledgment that you see them.

Because we're still learning, though, I'll "preserve" that attack and damage roll for the first attack you make on a goblin.

And on the sporadic posting issue: as I've said, if you've got a strategy you want to pursue and won't be around to personally direct your character, let me or Light know and we'll solve it.

Tog tells me he'll be posting 1 day from now, so that just leaves us with Livi-Wan to check in and we're on our way. :)

23. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Skadi

Skadi could not see any of the goblins that were supposed to be around the farm, but experience had taught her that this did not necessarily mean that none were there. However, lacking night vision of any kind, all the cleric could do was trust to her god and ready her weapons.

Cautiously, she followed the younger cleric to the farmhouse. Skadi could see Torm's symbol on his robes and shield and smiled inwardly at the way that the gods arranged things. Tyr's hand could be seen in bringing her to him.

"For future reference, friend, my name is Skadi."

[TAG CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, All except Ktala]

Move: Af37 to Ac34

Saintheart likes this.
  24. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Zanaek Grahorn

The Farm

"You may call me Zanaek," he replied to the Tyr cleric as they moved closer to the barn. He held his light crossbow ready before him and his shield at his side, strapped to his arm.

TAG: All but Ktala

Saintheart likes this.
  25. Tog

Tog Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 19, 2007
    Radok Keghammer

The stubborn, impatient, and arrogant dwarf grunted and walked ahead of the group. His axe rested on his shoulder, a comfortable but easy to ready position, and his free hand scratched his hairy chin. He took a long breathe then roared at the top of his lounges. "Allrigh' ye plum-nose ********! I am 'ere for ya 'eads! I got a hundred of th' best sneaks in th' land surrounding' ya! Come out an' I may let ya live!! The dwarf roared, hoping his bluff would make them come out for an easy kill.

Tag: Dm, Party

OOG: Radok moves from Af39 to Ab36. Spot Check: 1d20+10 → [10,10] = (20) Roll
    If curiosity is getting you, the word highlighted in red is a curse word...

Saintheart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.