main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"A Time For Everything." My first try at a Fan-Fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi McGregor's girl, Jan 18, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    I have finally desided that I have been waiting long enough to put this up. So I have disided to put it up. I would love any coments you have.
    And now for the story.

2. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    I am waiting

3. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    Well for some reason it won't let me move my story from Word over to here to post it. I am very close to screaming and beating my computer. If anyone knows how to help I would love you forever.
    HELP!!!!!!!!!

4. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    Once apon a time there was a young queen. Queen Lria was short but quite skinny. Her short blond hair was elegantly done, and her crown was placed delicately to top it all off. Her royal robes and makeup made her look much older than she actually was. The twenty-one year old girl wore a long elegant royal blue dress of her office. And there she stood before a group of the bravest people in her kingdom. There were so many butterflies in her stomach. She thought that she was going to throw up. But, this was important. She had to do it. All their lives depended on it.

?Life as we know it is going to change for the worse if we don?t do something about this right now. Our people want to live in peace. I can not just stand here and do nothing. You must help me.?

The group that had assembled to hear her speak didn?t know what to do. All they knew, all they had ever known was changing so fast, and there was nothing they could do to stop it.

Everything had been fine until those two men came.

As Obi-Wan Kenobi stood alone on the balcony at the palace at Theed.

?How could I have let this happen?? He thought. ?What have I done? It should have been me!!?

The tear began to well up inside him. His thoughts were consumed with what ifs and I should haves. The memory of what happen was tearing him up inside. He couldn?t take it any longer. He was so young and, now he was alone. His master and father was gone.

Obi-Wan crouched down and began to cry.

?What do you want from me? I have done my best, and this is what I get?!?!?!? He yelled into the empty night air. That proved to be too much. He sat back and began to cry.

He cried for who knows how long. He couldn?t help it. The emotions he had inside came out in an explosion that he could not hold back. There he sat crying for hours. Like a lost child.

Today had been the day of Qui-Gon?s funeral. Obi-Wan thought he would be able to handle it. He thought that he could hold the sadness in and hide it. He didn?t want Yoda to see how deeply his master?s death had affected him. Everything he thought was wrong. He could barley keep himself from curling up into a little ball next to the funeral pyre. His life was a mess. What was he going to do now, maybe he would finally get to be a Jedi Master. For some reason that didn?t sound as appealing as it had just a few days ago. Obi-Wan?s life was in a downward spiral and he didn?t know how to stop it.

Of the two dark figures walking along the taros, one was shorter than the other and seemed to walk with a hard limp. Coruscant, was a thing a great beauty at dusk. But, the two menacing figures weren?t there to take in the view; they were there for business.

?I am sad to say, but my last apprentice was a great disappointment to me. I hope you will be different.? Snapped older one.

?Yes master,? was all that the taller one could get out.

[This message has been edited by Jedi McGregor's girl (edited 01-23-2000).]

5. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    Well, there you go. This is the first part of my story. I hope you all enjoy it. I finally figured out how to get my story posted. Yippee!!!!!
    Well, more story is coming soon. A Lot more.

6. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999

Obi-Wan awoke with a start. He had no idea why, but all his senses were on alert. He looked around to see if anyone was there, but no one was. He had been dreaming again. That?s it, he thought to him self. A fragment of the dream still remained, but soon vanished from memory. Then suddenly the events of the last few days came rushing back in a thundering wave. The realization finally hit him he was alone. He was scheduled to leave the next morning. He was going back to Coruscant.

?Home,? he thought. ?I?ll finally be home.? But, at what cost? These last few days had really got him thinking. What if what happened to Qui-Gon happened to him? He still had so much of his life ahead of him. But, that wasn?t all that was bothering him. There was something else. He was reaching out with the force to see if it could give any revelation. Then suddenly, the revelation hit him like a ton of bricks.

?I?m not sure I want to go home. I don?t know if I can even go on being a Jedi.? All he could do was sit in utter astonishment. He didn?t want to think about anything else. His head was spinning. He lay back in his bed and began to fall into another helpless nightmare.

Queen Lria was pacing up and down the halls of the palace. It was very late and she couldn?t sleep. Her people were in trouble, and nothing she did seemed to help. She began to think back to when this whole problem had started.

Earth had been part of the Republic for only a short time but already things were in disarray. Everything had been going fine a few months ago, but then those two strangers came.

?What did they say they were here for again?? She thought. Official Galactic Republic business, that?s right, that?s what they said. She couldn?t believe that she actually fell for that sham. Those fakes, they lied to everyone, including me.

?I?m so stupid!!!!? She screamed into the dark night air. ?Why didn?t I see right through them when they first came?? But, the night didn?t answer; it just stood there silent. Lria was so frustrated. All the people in her royal council were no help. She was just so young and so gullible.

?I wish that there was something I could do.? She said.

Then suddenly a thought came to her. It was so stupid in it simplicity that it just might work. She stayed up a few more hours figuring out the details. She was going to put her plan into action tomorrow morning, if all went well. Then with a small sense of relief and hope she went to bed. She lay back in her bed and dreamed of a better time for her people.

The next morning Obi-Wan awoke to find that it was another wonderful morning on the planet of Naboo. He could barley stand it. He wanted to go out side and knock the sun clean out of the sky. But, he had to go home back to Coruscant this morning. He didn?t feel like going anywhere. He just wanted to stay in bed and wish the world away.

He willed himself out of bed and went over to the mirror. He looked and jumped back in terror. He stepped forward to get a better look. His eyes were red, blood shot, and had huge bags under them. He never thought once in his life that he would ever find him self in such a ghastly looking state.

?Well, I better clean my self up.? He thought. ?I have to go and eat breakfast with the Queen Amidala and Boss Nass.? He grimaced. He really didn?t want to go any royal functions right now. He felt so sick. He didn?t want to eat anything, but he knew he had to. He had to make sure and show he gratitude to them for letting stay a few days longer.

Obi-Wan let out a long sigh, it was almost time to be down to breakfast. He had better hurry. He didn?t want to be late. Being late was one of the things Qui-Gon had always had reprimanded him for. Tears began to fill Obi-Wan?s eyes.

?No,? he screamed aloud. ?I can?t do this, not again. I can?t cry every time I hear his name.? Obi-Wan rubbed his eyes; he didn?t care if they were red. The Queen would just hav

7. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    well my dear it's off to a good start... evryone loves a story about Obi-Wan... I know I do.... What's going to happen next??

8. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Wow, this is shaping up to be a great story! You're a really good writer, JMGG! I like how you get into the characters' minds; it really makes the reader feel like they are there.

You might want to try skipping lines between paragraphs (it makes it longer and easier to read) and spellchecking, though.

Other than picky things, good job! Keep it up; I'll be waiting for the next installment.

9. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    Thanks for the help Mara. I am always looking for ways to help my writing get better.
    Thanks also to master Peael.
    Well, more story is comming soon. I am glad that you like it.

10. Tash the Jedi

Tash the Jedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 1999
    Holy Crap you posted your story. I love it. I can't wait until there's more, as in more to what I have already read. Did that make sense? I'll call you.

11. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999

Arriving in the dinning room Obi-Wan graciously bowed before Queen Amidala and Boss Nass. Amidala greeted him with a warm caring smile, her painted face showing little in the way of emotion except for a hint of worry in her eyes. Boss Nass on the other hand gave Obi-Wan a large hug. The Jedi had never in his life had to deal with such emotions that he had been faced with these past few weeks and his cheeks colored at the show of effection.

The Queen was very young, however she tried to understand how much pain Obi-Wan was in. She was dressed in a very simple black dress, it was very simple compared with some of the other things Obi-Wan had seen her wear. The dress had a high collar, and small gold thread ran through the garment making the dress shimmer in the sunlight that filtered in through the large windows. It made her look five years older than she was. Then a thought came to him she was going to be a wonderful queen, and their paths would cross again. He saw a small glimpse of her future, but it left almost a soon as it came. He couldn't take his eyes off of her and he wondered how all of this would come about. She must have noticed him staring at her because she got up from where she was sitting and came over to talk to him.

"I am so very sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could do, someway I could help you with your pain. Qui-Gon was a very wish and gentleman, I am sad to lose him. I have arranged for a transport to take you back to Coruscant after breakfast. I hope you will send my thanks to the Jedi Council. It is because of them, and because of you, that our people are free once again. But, the majority of the thanks go to you Obi-Wan Kenobi. You have made the greatest sacrifice to save our people. We don't... I don't know how to thank you. I hope you know that you are welcome here anytime you wish. Shall we?" She said gesturing to the table where their places were set. Obi-Wan bowed before the Queen again, and they all sat down at the table to eat.

Obi-Wan couldn't remember what the conversation was about while they ate, it wasn't that important. His mind was else where he couldn't figure out what he was going to tell the Council when he gets home, it was not going to be easy.

He thanked the Queen Amidala and Boss Nass for their hospitality. Then he headed to the spaceport to find the shuttle home.

When Obi-Wan got to the spaceport he found his shuttle. It was a small vessel with a small crew. The ship was new and shiny looking. It's red exterior had a fresh new coat of paint, and there was a large Republic insignia painted on the side.

Obi-Wan walked up to the pilot. "I am Obi-Wan Kenobi. I was told by the Queen that you could take me back to Coruscant."

The short female humanoid pilot just looked at him confused for a moment, then her expression changed suddenly. "Oh, that's right I remember now. I am Hrian. I have to load a few more supplies and then we will be off. Feel free to go inside and make yourself comfortable. I'll be in in a minuet."

Obi-Wan flashed a small smile at her and headed inside the ship. The ship was a mess. It was a complete opposite of the outside. The ship it's self was covered with dirt and there was garbage everywhere.

"This is going to be a very long trip." He mused as he went to find a place to sit alone and think. He wandered a little farther through the ship and found an empty compartment. He walked inside and sat down. This one seemed a little cleaner than the rest. He set his bag on the sleeping couch and walked around examining the room. It was a small room and there was only room for the basic essentials.

"Well, nice isn't it." Obi-Wan turned around to find the source of the voice. Hrian was standing in the doorway. "She doesn't look like much, but she gets you to where you're going. I just wanted to make sure you were on bored and settled in before we left."

"I'm ready when you are. I can't wait to see this place fade into the distance." Hrian

12. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Really good post. Keep it up!!!
    Looking forward to the next installment!

So why are all the people dying in Lria's kingdom? (sorry, I'm probably just a little slow...)

13. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    Mara, It is a bloody cival war. I thought I mentioned that, but then again more details unfold later in the story. I might not have mentioned that yet, but I know I wrote about it later in the story.
    Well, everyone Keep the comments coming!!

14. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    sorry I haven't posted in a few days I've just either been busy or the server wasn't allowing posts... grrrrrr... anyway... on with the story!
    ::;;;::;;;::;;;::;;;::;;;::;;;::;;;::;;;::

As Queen Lria sat in her throne room, she began to look around at all of the people gathered to hear the news. Most of the people were from the palace, or had some job in the government. She had gotten to know them quite well in the short time she had been in office. But she couldn't read the expressions on their faces. So, she began to look for those she knew best, Nidsay, Ealbth, and Csnah, three of her best friends and part of her handmaidens, and Ellk, her head of security. They were all close friends to her.

Nidsay, Lria had known almost all of her life. The two had been, and still were best friends. They had been there for each other through all the good times and the bad. Nidsay was only twenty, but she looked older. She was short, but graceful, and her sunshine blond hair was cut to her shoulder. Her grace and beauty almost matched that of the Queen's. While both thought differently, they had a good laugh on both sides of the issue. While the two were growing up, they were often confused for being twins. When Lria was appointed Queen, she asked Nidsay to come with her. Even if all Nidsay did was give her advice, Lria wanted her there. Nidsay accepted and the two never have been separated since.

Ealbth and Csnah, on the other hand, she met at the palace. Ellk chose them both to be handmaidens. They were very skilled in battle techniques, and seemed very nice. Ealbth had short jet black hair and wise beyond her twenty-five years. She always gave Lria worthy advice on problems that she might have had. Csnah was twenty-one like Lria, but much taller. She was very tall and sexy. Many men had tried to impress her, but they had all turned out to treat her cruelly, and didn't seem to care about her at all. Ealbth didn't seem to have any trouble with men. They all liked her and wrote her letters all the time. But, still Ealbth wasn't happy with any of them. She always seemed to have a smile from one of them though. Csnah, on the other hand, always kept Lria laughing and smiling. But, it wasn't always just her. The four of them had a way of making each other happy whenever one was down. Ealbth, Csnah, Nidsay, and Lria all became fast friends.

Ellk, the name alone brought many happy memories to come flooding back. Ellk was a strong and handsome man at the age of twenty-one. He had short sandy blond hair and deep brown eyes. When you looked into his eyes the rest of the world seemed to disappear. Ellk and Lria had grown up together. The two of them had become good friends. Over the years that the two had spent together, Ellk had grown to love Lria very much. When Lria had been appointed queen and had to leave, Ellk could barely stand it. He knew he couldn't bear to be away from her. So, he thought he would surprise her, he went and got a job with the Queen's security. Within a matter of months he was head of security. The day he was sworn in he went to meet the queen. Lria was so happy to see him she almost started to cry. The only thing was, Ellk had never told Lria how he felt. He was waiting for just the right time. He had been close to telling her may times, but he, never quite got out all he wanted to say. But, something or someone always interrupted them with some kind of royal business or something. He still waited to someday tell her, but until that day came, he would do his best to make sure no harm came to her.

The Queen silently began to scan the room. See then caught the gaze of Nidsay. The two of them exchanged a smile and Lria began to think back on the memories the two of them had. But, those were memories of a better day. Everyone was gathered in the palace awaiting the response from Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. On Lria's scan around the room she began to see a lot of worry in many of the people's faces. They were trying to hide it she co

15. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999

After Ellk left Lria sat to think. What could she do now? There was only one alternative. She wasn?t even sure if it would work, since Earth was new in the republic. There wasn?t another choice left. It was this or just except that fact that the two men had won. She couldn?t let them win she wouldn?t! ?It would be so easy to just give in and let them win.? She thought. ?But, I would much rather take the hard way. My people have suffered enough.? At that very moment she went over to her communicator and recorded a message to the Jedi Council.

?I know that you can not help all that ask you, and I know that Earth is still very young in the Republics eyes, but still I come before you to ask for the Jedi?s help in this matter. I have already done all I know to do. The Supreme Chancellor has turned his back on us. This is our last chance for peace. You must help us. I plead with you. Please help me and my people.? Lria ended the recording. Then she sent the message. Her only hope for any kind of peace went with the message. She only wanted the best for her people. She thought that the Republic would help her in her endeavor when she joined, but now there was no such luck. At the first test of friendship the Republic had turned its back on Earth without even a second thought. Just the memory of Supreme Chancellor Palpatine?s message made tears come to her eyes. She knew something must be done to save her people. She hoped it would be enough as she lay back in her bed and fell into a warm dream of her dearest friends and her at better times.

Inside the Jedi Council chambers, a young man stood all alone in the center of the room weeping. He had just finish the heart breaking story of how his master, his father, his friend had been murdered. The memories were almost too horrific to think about. His mind and heart had been deeply scarred and it would take a long time for them to heal. Time he wasn?t even sure he would get. But, he knew he had to go on. Qui-Gon would have wanted him to go on with his life. He would want him to become a full Jedi Knight, but Obi-Wan wasn?t sure that would ever happen now.

Yoda slowly came walking up to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan didn?t even notice him. He had become a mound on the floor. He missed Qui-Gon so much!

?Why did he have to die?? Obi-Wan yelled. ?He still had so much good to do in this world. It isn?t fair. Why must I go on alone?? He was filled with such grief that rest of the council didn?t know what to do. They just sat and stared at Obi-Wan. He was in such pain and there was nothing they could do.

?Fair it may not be, but the will of the Force it was.? Master Yoda said in the silence between Obi-Wan?s cries of grief. ?Move past it you must.? Yoda advised again.

?Qui-Gon?s death was the will of the force, we can not think differently. You must move past it like master Yoda said. This torment you are putting your self though won?t bring Qui-Gon back. He is gone. There is nothing we can do about that. We must think of all the good that he did while he was with us. Dwelling on his death will only bring more pain and anger.? Master Mace Windu said with no sympathy in his voice. ?What is the force telling you Obi-Wan Kenobi??

Obi-Wan couldn?t help him self, he just looked up at master Windu. He couldn?t say anything. His whole world had been shattered, to him; nothing was stable any more. He couldn?t trust the force any more; it only led to pain.

?I don?t know any more.? Was all that Obi-Wan could answer.

Suddenly Ki-Adi-Mundi spoke up. ?I think it would be wise if we all had a little break. I know Obi-Wan could use one.?

?Good idea it is.? Yoda answered.

?Very well then,? Mace Windu said. ?We shall start again tomorrow morning.?

Obi-Wan gathered himself from off the floor and bowed before the council. He could barely stay standing; he was so emotionally and physically drained. Then as he waited for the rest of the council to leave he thought about the

16. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    Well, I have loved the feed back I have gotten so far, but I am still looking for a little more. I just want to see if anyone is really reading it. I know of about 3 people.
    So, anyway I just want to see what everyone thinks of the story.

17. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    LARI-WAN!!!

be well young padawan... there may be more people reading this story then you think....

have a nice day and May the force be with you.

[This message has been edited by Master Peael (edited 01-26-2000).]

18. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    Obi-Wan walked slowly down the hallway, thinking about what the day might hold. ?I?m probably going to spend the whole day in more meetings.? He grumbled under his breath. That wasn't the most exciting thing he could plan for his day, but he couldn't think of anything better. He felt like all he wanted to do was sleep, he was so tired, but that wasn't an option. The previous nights had been filled with nightmares that were too real for him. Shaking his head he realized that he was standing in front of the Council Chamber doors. He didn?t want to go in yet, besides he was early. He was early and he didn't want to face them yet so turning away from them he walked out to the balcony where he and Qui-Gon used to spend much of their free time. The sun was just starting to peek over the tops of the buildings in the east and it turned the sky a brilliant shade of pink with clear blue running through it all. Remembering back to only weeks ago Obi-Wan's heart ached for his friend, for Qui-Gon's quiet strength and for the silence that from that man could always evoke deep thoughts.

?Well,? Obi-Wan said finally, ?I can't put this off forever... I might as well get it over with.? Turning from the sunrise he walked back to the doors where a young initiate girl was waiting to show him in. She couldn?t be more then fifteen and yet to still be in the temple at that age Obi-Wan wondered what she was studying. Obi-Wan could sense the force in her and he envied her for the bright future she had in store. His step faltered. ?I was like that once?.? He thought, ?how was I to ever know that Qui-Gon?s death would shatter my dream of being a Jedi?? At his approach she bowed deeply to him and tried to hide a smile that he assumed was always on her face.

"The Council waits for no one Obi-Wan Kenobi. Please enter." She bowed again and pressed her hand to the door pad Obi-Wan looked at her and this time the smile did break free. "May the force be with you." she smiled and he walked through the doors into his unknown fate.

?We know that this is a difficult time for you. However the Council has decided that you would be the best ambassador to the planet Earth.? Mace Windu said.

?You are sending me on a mission?? Obi-Wan laughed sarcastically, but remembering who he was with he smoothed his face and tried to go on in a more respectful tone. ?If you?ll excuse my being so forward Masters. I don?t believe I?m ready to go out yet. I haven?t even faced my trials and I?m not in the best state of mind to help some squabbling planet come to terms with itself.?

?Ready for it you may not be, but do it you must.? Remarked Master Yoda. ?Important this mission is. Many may suffer if we help them we do not.?

?Forgive me Master Yoda, but are you sure about this?? Obi-Wan questioned his old friend. ? I know I?ve said before that I was ready for the trials, but what if I?m not. I?m not even sure that this is where my future lies. My mind is in turmoil. I can?t sleep? I can?t eat? I can?t meditate? I can?t do anything with out remembering what I have lost. I don?t mean to disagree with you, but how can I be the right person for this mission??

?Obi-Wan,? Ki-Adi-Mundi began. ?Obi-Wan, your trials were faced in the core on Naboo. We have only a few things to take into account before you are raised to the level of Jedi Knight. The last time Qui-Gon stood before us he said you were ready. Has your opinion of yourself fallen so far that the words of your Master hold no sway. You will come before the Council again, and you will be tested. You will make a fine Jedi Knight.?

?Ready you are, even if you think you are not. The force grows stronger in you, follow it you will. Past the pain and hate you must look. Find then what you are looking for.? Master Yoda answered.

Then it was Mace Windu?s turn to quite Obi-Wan?s fears. ?The night mares will leave with time, but Qui-Gon?s death will stay with you for many years. It will take time for these wounds to heal. You must have patience. But, now you

19. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    HEY!!

I kinda like the opinionated sith apprentice... I think he's sexy.... woooo whooo!!

20. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    Sorry master, He's mine!!

21. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    I still love this story; in fact it's getting better! Keep it up!

Can't wait for you to post again!

22. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999

Once again Obi-Wan found himself on the balcony outside of the Council Chambers, his thoughts were on the past and how things used to be. As a Padawan he had see the injustices of the galaxy, and yet he was always at peace and happy in those times always because he was with his Master. He folded his arms across his chest, and then suddenly he felt something hard in his inner tunic pocket. He took it out to examine it. It was a stone Qui-Gon had given him at the tender age of thirteen when this whole journey had truly begun. Obi-Wan rolled the stone in his hand. It seemed to glow in the sunlight. He curled his fingers around the stone holding tightly in his hand, opening himself to the Force he let it flow through him, and through the stone reaching out for the peace that there always was with the Force. Pulling his hand towards his chest he rested it over his heart wishing for Qui-Gon.

"Thinking of the past are you?" a voice suddenly, said from behind him. Obi-Wan spun quickly around to face the voice. Master Yoda stood behind him his solemn face showing his many years if being a Jedi. Obi-Wan inclined his head to the Jedi Master as he joined Obi-Wan on the balcony.

"Not so much of the past Master," Obi-Wan replied as he place the stone back into its hiding place. "I was just remembering how me and Qui-Gon used to stare out at the city. It was always so beautiful and comforting. But, now that I think back, I don't think it was the cityscape that was so comforting, it must have been the company." Obi-Wan mused.

"Good to remember it is. Good man Qui-Gon was. Ready are you for the tests?" Yoda asked.

"I think so. I have done all I can to prepare." Obi-Wan responded.

"Then go we must." Yoda said. Obi-Wan followed him back towards the council chambers still a little unsure of himself, but Darth Maul was the hard part of the trials. A few questions shouldn't be so bad. But Obi-Wan knew he must do it, if not for him, then for Qui-Gon's memory.

23. Jedi McGregor's girl

Aug 27, 1999
    Preparations were secretly being made for the Jedi's arrival even before a message was received from the Jedi Council giving the name of the Jedi that would be coming. Queen Lria called a meeting to plan how this was all to be done in such a short time. The council room was full to the brim with nobles and others of high rank amongst her courtiers. Lria sat above them on a dais looking over their heads to where Ellk stood to her right. Nodding to him he stepped forward and took the gavel from the small table close to the Queen's hand. He struck it three times calling the meeting to order and stepped back to stand behind the Queen.

"Our plea for help has not gone unnoticed," Lria began, projecting her voice so that it rang through the room. "The Jedi Council has chosen to send one of their own to us. On the arrival of this Jedi Knight we will be able to discuss openly how to stop this war that has overtaken our people." Looking through the crowd she scanned the faces of those in attendance their faces worn with worry and saw the same look of hope in their eyes that she herself held in her heart. "He will be arriving tomorrow. With the help of all of your cooperation and the Force perhaps this is the answer to all of our prayers."

A ripple of excited whispers ran through the crowd and Lria had to school her face from smiling at what she knew they were saying. Obi-Wan Kenobi would help them; she knew that as surely as she had ever known anything else.

The meeting continued for over an hour. It had been decided that Ellk as the head of security would go to the spaceport to meet Him. The security squad was sent out into the city to see that all was in order and to find the safest passage from the landing pad to the palace. Lria would leave no room for mistakes; she wanted this to go as smoothly as possible. The Gavel rang again as Lria stood and stepped from her platform, bows followed her as she walked to her personal entrance and she exited in silence.

Just on the other side of the door she heard the talking start up again as she closed her eyes and sagged against the door hoping that telling everyone that the Jedi was coming wasn't a mistake. Opening her eyes again she saw her handmaidens ready to escort her back to her room surrounded her.

"You received a name from the Jedi Council I hear." Ealbth said as she took Lria's arm as they started walking down the hall. Ealbth always seemed to know more then she let on and always left others stunned by her perception of what was going on. "What did you say his name was again?"

"Obi-Wan Kenobi." Lria repeated the name again, each time she said it sounded more familiar to her as if she should know it from somewhere. "I must say that is one interesting name, but you have to admit it does have a ring to it. Don't you think so Ealbth?"

"I don't think you can judge a man by his name. But, I do have to agree with you. It is one to remember. So, are you actually going to meet him this time, or are you just going to stay in seclusion like the last time we had delegate come?" Ealbth asked with a note of sarcasm in her voice.

"I didn't hide." Lria said quietly as though she had been reprimanded. "I was sick and there was no reason to share what I had with the ambassador. A lot of good it would do us in the Republic if he went back to Coruscant with some strange Earth decease. This time I'm fine, and I will meet this Jedi. I was actually thinking that perhaps I could go with Ellk to meet him. I'd like to see how things on the outside of these walls are. I'd like a bit of freedom, a bit of fresh air you know just for fun. I can only see so much from my window. Besides then I could get a good look at the man without the worry of protocol and without everyone here in the palace expecting him to perform a miracle. Wouldn't that be exciting seeing a Jedi one on one?" Lria winked.

"Let me think about that, ummmmm.... No." Csnah responded in defiance. "It's a hard enough job keeping you safe here at the palace. Why would we allow you to put yourself in more danger just for the sa

24. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    Lari-Wan!! I didn't find any grammer errors. so if you find one and want them fixed then try editing it yourself...

~ Master

25. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Kewl. I like...

Do I sense romance for our favorite Jedi? Nah...

Still want more...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.