1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:VIC A Time Machine

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Shadow88, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Shadow88 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, I have found plans for a working time machine.
    Before you scoff at it, our laugh like I did, many of the people who have built this thing exactly to spec
    has reported success (ie; speeding up a watch by several minutes, so its really more of a time-distorter).
    The plans are at http://www.keelynet.com/time/bajak1.htm
    The circuit itself could probably be built on under $20, minus the 27 volt power supply.

Notice how weird the inventor (John Bajak) is.

"The definition of time itself relates to the physical value Love, measured in mass-seconds. Time is viewed not as a dimension in a continuum, but as a wave of Love arising from the light plane." - Bajak

"This time they came right away, and took me to Florida North Psychiatric Hospital." - Bajak

(1) He measures time based on Saturday Night Live's weekly guest.

(2) He compulsively dials 911, along with dozens of other numbers.

(3) The circuit tells him disturbing things and his tv can explode and then re-assemble itself.

(4) His VCR reads the correct time (ok, mine does too).

However, he stared going insane AFTER being exposed to his time machine, as have many people who have reputedley worked with 'time machines'. The Philadelphia experiment in 1943 comes to mind here (not the movie). Mabye this is because the time-distortion field is not evenly spread out, and when used on themselves, sends some parts of their nervous system/brain further into the future/past than others, so their body ends up being 'out of sync'. This is a little similar to 'Transpoter Psychosis' off Star Trek (I don't watch it, honest!)

In conclusion, I aim to build one of these myself and test it (if I don't return back here I am either fighting off Veliceraptors, Jurassic-Park style or being held at an Insane Asylum ;)).

Shadow

P.S. Mods, I am still new here, if this is off-topic or anything just tell me.
  2. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    OMG...It works.

I posted this tomorrow, then sent it back to yesterday and it arrived today.

Or did I send it today and it arrived tomorrow?????

*Heads off to the confusion thread*
  3. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Good for you, soon you'll be as insane as the rest of us...
  4. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    Off topic? Nah. It's got more thought behind it that a lot of things I've seen on these here boards. ;)
  5. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    I take offence to that, Shara. I put a lot of thought into my posts, but the board won't let me post it.

6. lordvaderFF FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    I agree with HawkNC.

There's a lot of thought that goes into our threads......the amount of thought that goes into "The Dump" and other threads like it is astounding.
  7. Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus

star 5
    Notice the 's' after the word board? There are currently 234 others at this point in time. ;)

Now back on to the original topic...
  8. The_Shadow88 Jedi Knight

star 1
    hmm, even if it dosen't work how its supposed to, i will still have a device capable of insanitizing many little children.
    i smell an indoctrination device in the works!

On an unrelated topic, I would like to celebrate my first 50-hours without sleep (for a 14yr old, you have to admit thats slightly impressive).

Go Insomnia!!
  9. DarkJediTJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Another Youngling... Still not younger then me though... :(
  10. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey i just teleported myself back to the New Ager Sock War!! PoT and the Huggards will suffer.

Only joking folks!
  11. The_Shadow88 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Some good and over the top food ideas...

1) Carefully scrape out the cream from 15+ Oreos and eat them all at once. You can then eat the left over chocolate biscuit parts, or if your like me chuck them in the bin.

2) Alternatively, scrape out the cream and replace with toothpaste. Give to sibling/friend/enemy.

3) Get three packets of Extra Minty Tic Tacs, and crush them up under mortar and pestle, or whatever can substitute. You will now have a fine powder which can be inhaled (wink wink nudge nudge) or eaten. Beware of strong minty taste.

Alternatively, I have still not gotten any sleep since my last post. I think I'm about to break the JCC Insomnia Record (if there even is one).
  12. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    From time travel to dietry tips! Now i am confused!
  13. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I went back in time and registered PoT as username.....

:p
  14. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I new PoT had a Ballarat feel to him.
  15. DarkJediTJ Jedi Master

star 4
    I just went back in time an signed up as DarkJediTJ... Really should make a better choice next time.
  16. Jedi_jem Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe I should go back and fix the typo in my name... ;)
  17. Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I've had a good look at your plans, and decided it is probably worth a shot considering how cheap it would be to try out. ;)

For the record, I think you've got some time to go yet for the Insomnia record. ;)

I don't know what the official record is, but I know that the Role Playing Forum record to date, was 3 users who spent almost three days straight doing very little other then eat and post.

And before anyone says it, NO, I was not one of the three. :p

As for going back in time, who do you think it was who managed to smuggle the secret Uranium to Saddam in lieu of the coming destruction of America at his divine hand?

All is proceeding, as I have forseen....
  18. The_Shadow88 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ah damnit... slept for three hours last night :(

Almost made three days though.
  19. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey sleep smeep!

I have carried the burdon of the world on my shoulders for a long time.

Do i complain..

No!
  20. The_Shadow88 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Just bought most of the components.
    Should start testing as soon as I can get a rheostat and porper capacitor.
    Using 3 9-volts to supply DC Power, but I think I just used them up making little electric arcs.. oh well :(
  21. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do not forget to readjust the Dali Lama Tetris Drive.

Very important!!!
  22. DarkJediTJ Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I forgot to do that and I got shot into the Eightys... Oh sweet lord help me, Then thrity years later I desided to make a show called Do-Over then restored my youth in a trip to the early 31st Century and sold all rights to the show to the Fox Network!
  23. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey DJT, you could be my father!!!
  24. Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Master

star 4
  25. SithLord-Mixo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.