main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive A Time of Change

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Queen_Sara, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Story

150 years after ROTJ, Luke Skywalker's great granddaughter, Jahanara, is the Senator of Naboo. She is following in the steps of her great great grandmother, trying to stop war from breaking out.
    The Empire has almost risen to its former power. In the Senate he calls himself the Representative of the Empire, but he really is the new Emperor. He is a powerful and intelligent man, able to make his evil propositions in the Senate sound inviting.
    But many are not tricked. They stand against him, at great risk to themselves. They know he only wants to begin another war, and put the Empire in control of the galaxy again. Assassins have been hired by the Emperor to dispose of these Senators.
    The Chancellor is a weak and easily manipulated man, very ignorant of the situation.
    A Senate meeting is just ending, and the Senators are leaving under heavy security.

Rules
    1. No heavy profanity (damn and hell are allowed)
    2. No heavy sexual situations
    3. No power-roleplaying
    4. Have fun!

Name:
    Homeworld:
    Appearance:
    Brief History:

This is my profile:
    Name: Jahanara Skywalker
    Species: Human
    Homeworld: Naboo
    Appearance: Long, straight black hair, bright green eyes. About 5'2, very slender.
    Personality: Loving and kind, but very opinionated. She doesn't hesitate to voice her point in the Senate.
    But in private, she is much more shy than any who didn't personally know her would think.
    Brief History: The great granddaughter of Luke Skywalker, Jahanara grew up in Theed with her parents and siblings. She has two sisters, both older than her. One is married to the prince of Delaya, and the other is Queen of Naboo. Her parents are both healers at the palace.

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

2. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Sure, why not :)

Name:Cyrin Rio
    Spiecies:Twi'lek
    Homeworld: Tatooine
    Appearance:Blue Twi'lek female, approximately 6 ft, 130 pounds.
    Brief History: Born a slave on tatooine, Cyrin's mother secretly had Cyrin, in an effort to keep her from her master so that she would not be sold in slavery the same as her mother had. When Cyrin was six, her mother encounted a young senator visting the planet on buisness, after he had encountered the harshness of slave life on tatooine, he agreed to take cyrin with him and give her a new life on coruscant, raising her as his own daughter.Growing up, Cyrin never wanted for anything, she attended the best schools, and excelled in her studies, but she never forgot her modest up bringing. When she was old enough, Cyrin decided to go into politics so that she could use her knowledge to help other people.

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Mind if a newcomer jumps in? :D

Name: Sanomar
    Species: Trianii (see below)
    Homeworld: Triann
    Appearance: Sanomar is a typical Trianii, resembling nothing so much as a large tiger able to walk upright. At six foot five, his fur is gold and black-striped, though he wears the traditional Jedi robes which of late have come back into fashion among some sections of the Jedi. His lightsaber is blue.
    Brief History: The Trianii are a nomad people, after the fall of the Corporate Sector and the plunder of Triann by pirates and megacorporations. Sanomar's ship was rescued after losing all but basic life support by a Jedi Knight. Sanomar's Force potential was discovered at the same time, and he has lived on Coruscant since he was a cub. Sanomar is not a member of the Jedi Council, but instead has been assigned as a roving protector to members of the Senate as the Council decrees--particularly in this time of change. He's learned to distrust many politicians as a result, though he still believes in the Senate and in the New Republic.

4. 6-6-6

6-6-6 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2002
    Name: Chereth Fel

Homeworld: Hapes

Appearance: Brown hair, green eyes, medium build, short but not excessively so.

Brief History: The granddaughter of Jaina Solo and Jag Fel, Chereth was destined to be a pilot. She was born at her parent's retreat on Hapes, which had belonged to the family since the end of the Vong Invasion. She entered the Jedi Academy in the Maw Cluster at an early age, and learned to fly fighers while making supply runs through the dense grouping of black holes. She reached the rank of knight, but did not continue on in her training, choosing instead to join the GFFA military as a fighter pilot. She rose quickly through the ranks, and now is now a squadron leader.

If necessary, I could change this character or take an additional one to play as one of the Imperials.

5. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Name: Syrem
    Species: Twi'lek
    Homeworld: Ryloth
    Appearance: Blue Twi'lek about 6ft 2in.
    Brief History: Given to the Jedi at birth, he was the Padawan of the human female
    Kara Tinin. He is now a Jedi Knight.

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Are you looking for any bad guys too? ;)
    Name: Nik'tia (Nick)
    Species: Defel - female
    Homeworld: Af'El - Ord Mantell
    Appearance: A shadow with red eyes. See below.
    Brief History:
    She was raised on the Outer Rim world of Ord Mantell, after being stolen from her homeworld of Af'El at age 13.
    She was stolen by a mal-functioning assassian droid that wanted to pass along its skills. She also has metalurgy skills, and will make some of her weapons.

Defel are an alien species that appear as large, red-eyed shadows under most lighting conditions. This has given rise to their common name: wraiths

In special lighting she appears as a muscular lupine humanoid. She has light blue fur, lime-green snout, yellow eyes.

7. jediknight88

jediknight88 Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Name: Ruja Onman
    Homeworld: Tattooine
    Appearance: 6'3", 250, long dark hair, scar across left eye. dark clothing, dark robe.
    Brief History: Ruja was once a great jedi knight. Until the Vong came and destroyed everything. now all is back to normal and the senate meets again. Everything is normal except for Ruja.....who is now a nomad, a wanderer if you would call it. going from place to place.

8. Daemon

Daemon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2002
    What the hey...

Name: Gabriel Kre'yah
    Species: Bothan
    Homeworld: Kothlis
    Appearance: Once-black fur (now graying) brilliant blue eyes, 6'5" 210 lbs. Seems to tower over everyone.
    Brief History: Was once a Bothan SpyNet agent investigating political and military situations for the Bothan government. After a few years of probing galactic politics, he discovered the corruption that would eventually evolve into the reborn Empire and went into politics himself to try and stop it. Now is one of the real powers in the Senate as the Chancellor's Aide, and is strong anti-Imperial but won't hold back from war if that's what it takes.

9. ReallyBoringGuy

ReallyBoringGuy Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2002
    For those not familiar with this species, I came across it in one of the Star Wars comics... not like an ongoing series, but just a single issue. The Felacat are a species that, whenever "stressed", (e.g., by someone asking to be paid, long hyperspace jumps, etc.) turns into a huge, tiger-like monster. They don't lose their reason when transformed, but they are more vicious and don't distinguish friend from foe.

Name: Morwer
    Species: Felacat
    Homeworld: Felacat
    Appearance: Humanoid, except for small fangs, cat-like ears on his head, a tail, and short, golden fur on body. Also has red hair and eyes.
    Brief History: Morwer is almost unique among the Felacat because he doesn't take advantage of his transforming, so he was chosen to be Senator due to his temperment. While not a vocal Senator, he does his best for his species.

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Kewl line-up. Just let us know when we can start.

11. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    We'll start soon. Maybe we can get some Senators or other officials?

12. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    OOC- Ya, sorry to take discussion a little bit of track, but I was wondering something, since my chracter is a senators aide ( I really should have given that more though first [face_blush] ) are there any players out there in need of an aide? Just a thought :)

13. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    You could be my or ReallyBoringGuy's aide. Depending on whether he needs an aide, or who you'd like to work with.

14. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    I wouldn't mind having an aide. We would need to figure out why a Felacat would be employing a Twi'lek as an aide, though.

15. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC:
    ehh...perhaps Felacats dont have the patience for all the paperwork...

i could see it..filling out all the forms and such...you would be transforming all the time... :D

Just an idea.

16. Band-of-Brothers

Band-of-Brothers Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2003
    Story

150 years after ROTJ, Luke Skywalker's great granddaughter, Jahanara, is the Senator of Naboo. She is following in the steps of her great great grandmother, trying to stop war from breaking out.
    The Empire has almost risen to its former power. In the Senate he calls himself the Representative of the Empire, but he really is the new Emperor. He is a powerful and intelligent man, able to make his evil propositions in the Senate sound inviting.
    But many are not tricked. They stand against him, at great risk to themselves. They know he only wants to begin another war, and put the Empire in control of the galaxy again. Assassins have been hired by the Emperor to dispose of these Senators.
    The Chancellor is a weak and easily manipulated man, very ignorant of the situation.
    A Senate meeting is just ending, and the Senators are leaving under heavy security.

Rules
    1. No heavy profanity (damn and hell are allowed)
    2. No heavy sexual situations
    3. No power-roleplaying
    4. Have fun!

Name: Spike Spiegel
    Species: shi'ido
    Homeworld: Lao-Mon
    Appearance: Anything he wants to be
    Brief History: Past is Unknown

17. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    OOC: Ok, hopefully we can get some more Senators and such, but for now let's start!

Jahanara left her Senate box, sighing as the usual troupe of guards surrounded her. She had recently been told that there was more security coming, this time Jedi were being assigned to the Senators. She didn't know whether she'd like this or not.

She came to her chambers shortly after, and after being checked by some guards they let her in. This really was ridiculous, checking her apartments over and over like this.

She went straight to her bedroom and changed into something less formal. She put on a very simple white dress with gold embroidery. She twisted her hair into a bun with two braids that hung down and attached back to the bun, then returned to the living area. She was expecting her new security to arrive soon.

18. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    "Your guards really need to do some better work a checking out your living quarters" A blue Twi'lek said from Jahanara's sofa. He took a sip of a red liquid that was in a large glass. He had on a black turtleneck sweater and black pants and boots. His lightsaber hung from a black belt. He put the glass on a small table. He walked over to the Senator from Naboo and bent down a kissed her hand. "My name is Syerm and I have been sent by the High Council to protect you."

19. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    [An interresting way to intrroduce yourrself, Syrrem] came a deep-throated rumble. Senator and Jedi Knight turned to behold a large, powerful form, silhouetted in the doorway. The form moved into the room with feline grace. [But do not forget ourr task is firrst to prrotect herr. The corridorrs outside arre clear.] In the light, Jahanara saw it was a large Trianii in Jedi robes who gave a short bow. [Senator Skywalkerr, I am Jedi Master Sanomar. The Jedi Council sends grreetings.]

20. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    Jahanara jumped slightly when the Twi'lek began speaking. She looked over to one of her guards, who nodded sharply.

"My Lady, he is the Jedi sent to protect you." The man said.

"Oh. I see." She replied confusedly. "Maybe you should have announced him before I came out?"

"Sorry, My Lady."

"It's all right. Hello, Syerm." She smiled at him as he kissed her hand. Another man made himself known as she greeted the first.

"Good afternoon to you both. I'm sure one of my guards would be happy to brief you on security measures, unless they already have?"

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    [Yourr captain of guarrds was good enough to do so outside the chamberr,] replied Sanomar. The Jedi Master glanced at the glass of wine by Syrem's hand and grinned. The expression was a little worrying, coming as it did from effectively a six-foot tiger. [Syrrem was...otherrwise occupied. He has been assigned as yourr bodyguarrd, my Lady. With yourr leave, I shall withdrraw and begin my watch outside.]
    The Trianii patiently awaited the Senator's permission to leave.

22. ReallyBoringGuy

Oct 14, 2002
    OOC: So... apparently Cow_Girl's character will be my aide.

IC: The Felacat senator, Morwer, headed back to his office after the end of the Senate meeting. His aide, Cyrin, kept pace beside him, reading off a list of what he needed to get done. After a minute, he stopped her. "No more. It's... stressing... to hear everything that need to get done but isn't. Let's just start working on what you've already given me."

Although much less tempermental than most of his species, Morwer still could get upset and transform. No one wanted a huge tiger-monster with diplomatic immunity running around, and there was so many things that needed to be done that required his personal attention.

23. Queen_Sara

Jun 8, 2002
    OOC: Depends on who she wants to work with. We'll wait until she gets back.

"Yes, you may begin your watch." She nodded to the Trianii. "You can begin your duties later tonight, my handmaidens and I are going out in about an hour for supper." SHe said to Syerm.

24. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Sorry, guys, is it Syerm or Syrem? I mean I wouldn't want to annoy anyone right at the start... :D

IC:Sanomar glanced at Syrem, but decided not to command the Knight accompany him. Another Master might have been annoyed at the Twi'lek's cavalier attitude to the meeting, but Sanomar could appreciate it. Particularly given the lad was once Kara Tinin's student. The Trianii stifled his rumble of amusement. He bowed to the Senator, turned, and headed outside.

He was impressed with what he'd heard about Skywalker, too; her apparent devotion to peace had been a subject of comment on the Council, and indeed one of the reasons a Master and a Knight had both been sent to guard her.

On the other hand, there were still things about her he couldn't understand. An untutored Padawan could have sensed the Force potential within the Senator, a sure mark that the Skywalker legacy was with her...yet she seemed to have eschewed the Jedi Way and devoted herself to this occupation. He had studied the files at the Academy about the girl as part of his preparation for this assignment, but the files of the Assessors, who would have offered her the opportunity, were sealed for some reason.

Sanomar shook his head. There were other things to concern himself with. Ignoring the momentarily startled looks of a couple of Skywalker's guards, the Jedi Master moved to an observation deck on this level of the Senate Building, stretching out with the Force, through the building.

Nothing.
    No threat he could ascertain at this point.
    And yet there was something in the air, a crosscurrent in the Force he couldn't quite untangle. He tried to focus on the sensation, but it was gone as quickly as in had come. Unconsciously, his claws flexed and retracted as he stared out at the view.

25. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Is it okay to be a, Jedi?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.