main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive A Time of Change

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Queen_Sara, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    OOC: OOPs neglected to post this.

Name:Brand Grimmstar
    Equip: Green Lightsaber, Dark coloured Jedi Robes
    Descrip: Tall-ish, Long-ish black hair, Green eyes, Tan skin, athletic build.
    Occup: Jedi Guardian, Fighter/ Brash personality.

That should do....

Aboard the Rex Zoroaster...

Tyvek was listening to Fiona when Senator Von Straub walked in and listened in on their exchange. When she mentioned that Senator Morwer wanted to get together with several senators to discuss 'current events', Tyvek automatically looked to his employer for an answer.
    Senator Von Straub did not hesitate, and in his usual dignified manner, slowly noded his affirmative answer to his assistant.
    Tyvek did not delay to relegate the message.

"Please Inform Senator Morwer that Senator Von Straub would gladly meet with him and any other delegates at their convenience. Please notify me when the proper arrangements are made."

Senator Von Straub turned on his heel and returned to his study. He left his assistant to finalize whatever security measures and procedures were necessary. He had alot on his mind, for there was much to discuss. He sincerely hoped that Senator Skywalker would be one of the delegates present at Senator Morwer's un-official meeting...His greatest concern was for the senator from Naboo.

Tag: All ye diplomatic types! :p

2. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: GJ, I'm assuming that Satryna's makeshift office is still in the hospital facility? ... If not, just redirect my character on your next IC post...

Daryan Karitas

"Understood, Master. Karitas out." The Padawan closed the link down and took theLancer's controls, banking the YT-1350 in a shallow downward roll into Coruscant's atmosphere.

There was definitely something wrong here. There were hundreds of Jedi, but Daryan didn't remember Nova as one of the Jedi Council. Maybe some major mission was planned--
    No, he told himself, calming the impulsiveness that had dogged him throughout his training. Don't second-guess it. Just get there.

He pushed the sublight drive to half-speed, linking into the Force to wing his craft left and right between the thousands of small craft milling in-system. A couple of times he came very close to colliding with passenger transports, but he shut down the sudden hailing messages from those craft and screamed towards the city.

Finally platform NC-1176 was within range. He keyed up the location, and handed DockCon control of the YT-1350, letting the navcomputers guide his vessel in. He sealed up the ship and jogged out onto the platform, checking his coordinates for Master Nova's location...

TAG: GreyJedi

3. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Sanomar

The Trianii settled himself into the DarkLancer's pilot seat and took a few seconds to familiarise himself with the setup...though he had a heavy feeling of deja-vu just sitting here.

The ship was clearly an allrounder, though its design seemed geared towards combat. He felt certain it was capable of taking smallish cargo loads, though. The DarkLancer's cockpit was slightly raised above the superstructure of the rest of the ship, giving him virtually a 360-degree view of surrounding space through the transparisteel viewports.

Sanomar flicked his eyes over readouts. Two fixed-forward blaster mounts, though somewhere along the line Nik'tia had also installed a blaster-and-ion cannon turret on the ship's belly, which could be controlled by targeting computer or by a gunner in the turret...

A memory welled up; that little skirmish off Tanaab. Immediately he recognised the feeling of deja-vu. He'd chased this very ship, years ago. Not to mention its occupant.

And here he was, about to fly it.

He smiled to himself, and keyed for engine start. In common with many fighter-freighters, the preflight sequence was incredibly quick, and in less than twenty seconds, he pushed the ship out of the small warehouse through the concealed ascent tube and was pushing for the stars.

The controls were a little sensitive to his oversized paws, but he quickly found the adjusters and in a few moments the ship was under his command. He suddenly remembered the sensor baffling Nik'tia had mentioned, and looked at that instrument panel only to find the ship's computer had already activated it.

Once again he shook his head at the irony of the situation and slipped the ship up, out of orbit, and clear of Coruscant's gravity well.

He keyed for a hyperspace route to Naboo, and slowly pulled down on the levers. The stars faded to lines around him, and the DarkLancer vanished from Coruscant space as though she'd never been there.

TAG: Nik'tia ... hope you don't mind the interior decorating I did? ;)

4. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Abriel

"Are you sure this is a good idea, my lord?" asked the aide.
    Abriel rotated his seat, tearing his eyes from the viewport and the arc of Coruscant visible from the Unbreakable's bridge. "Leaving Coruscant at this time, you mean? With so many potential gains to be made in terms of alliances?"
    "...that was the direction of my thought, yes."
    Abriel shook his head. "With the Senate temporarily suspended by the illness of half the Senators, there's little point to making any new alliances right now. This chaos is far more suited to the infiltration of our intelligence services than outright negotiation."
    "I'm not sure I understand, sir."
    "The Alderaanians had a saying: out of sight, out of mind. You must understand the shadow that the Palpatinian Empire cast over the galaxy, and over the New Republic, even now, nearly two hundred years since Endor. If the Empire stays clear of their recovery process, they will be more concerned with getting themselves back on their feet than watching for spies."
    "Forgive me, my lord, but surely leaving the scene so quickly could be construed as--"
    "--flight out of guilt? Some will say that were we innocent or guilty. But others will remember that we were present during the first Senate meeting. Our decision to retreat back to the Empire will not be seen as anything more than simply drawing back to consider our position."

Abriel settled back into his chair. "Now. Hyperspace, best vector to the Naboo-Imperial border. And set all our Interdictors on alert once we have a reading on our friend Master Sanomar."

TAG: Nobody yet... :D

5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    OOC: Right you are Saint, Med-Center it is.

As Daryan Karitas neared the entrance way of plaform NC-1176, the doors opened automatically in response to his presence, and as they did so, they also revealed the presence of a figure who stood at the threshold, apparently waiting for him. It was a young adult male, about 6 feet in height, he sported his dark hair at shoulder length, and he wore dark coloured jedi robes. He smiled at Daryan once he saw him and extended a hand as he greeted him.

"Greetings friend, I'm Brand Grimmstar, Jedi Knight. Master Nova instructed me to collect you on my way to her."

Brand's green eyes seemed brighter due to his sunkissed complexion and dark coloured robes, his demeanor was open and friendly towards Daryan.

"Nice ship by the way...." he added as they shook hands.

Tag: Saintheart

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Fiona

Fiona did not have to wait long, for a response from Senator Von Straub.

Her comlink crackled with the reply:

"Please Inform Senator Morwer that Senator Von Straub would gladly meet with him and any other delegates at their convenience. Please notify me when the proper arrangements are made."

Fiona smiled. "Acknowledged. Shall inform when arrangements are set. Thank you."

Fiona looked over at Senator Morwer, elated. Both Senator Von Straub..and Skywalker had responded.

Fiona waited for the person handling Senator Skywalker to respond.

She suddenly realized that they needed to come up with a secure place....and somewhat private place in order to talk. She looked over to Senator Morwer..."Do you have an idea sir?"

The Felacat gave a toothy grin. "I believe I do...but how can I leave this hospital undetected?"

Fiona thought for a moment. "The armor that Janus gave you eariler Senator...you can not see your face...and it hides most of you. It would be perfect. No one would suspect it to be you." The Senator nodded.

Fiona turned her attention back to the comlink. Once she heard from Seantor Skywalker...and anyone ELSE who called...she would contack Janus.

She would need help to set up a secure site...and to throw any trackers off the scent. Fiona grinned.

"Tis is gonna be fun!" ;)

TAG: QSara, RBG, GreyJedi, Saintheart

Nick

Sanomar settled himself into the DarkLancer's pilot seat and took a few seconds to familiarise himself with the setup.

As he did, Nik'tia quietly moved to a seat nearby, and watched him silently. She had run from him several times in this ship. She wanted to see if he could now pilot it as well.

Sanomar flicked his eyes over readouts.

He smiled to himself, and keyed for engine start. In common with many fighter-freighters, the preflight sequence was incredibly quick, and in less than twenty seconds, he pushed the ship out of the small warehouse through the concealed ascent tube and was pushing for the stars.

Nik'tia smiled. Once the ship had cleared teh planet, she moved to the back. She gathered something to drink and a snack for the both of them. She needed to rest...she was still feeling the effects of...whatever...had happened. She frowned, when she thought about it, and then shook her head. She also thought about the offer Janus has made to her.

She gave a small sigh, and headed back up to the control area.

The ship shook a few times, before becoming calm and steady once again. Nick grinned as she made it to the cockpit area.

"Here, Ma'Owa", Nik'tia spoke quietely, as she handed him something to eat and drink.

She sat down behind him. "We have abit of time before we reach the system. You should eat."

She sat, quietly sipping the hot liquid she had chosen to drink. She sat back in the chair, and relaxed.

TAG: Saintheart

Love the interior.

TAG: Nik'tia ;) ,,,hehehhehee
    ... hope you don't mind the interior decorating I did?

7. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Daryan Karitas

There was something infectious about Grimstar's smile, and Daryan felt himself grinning in return. "It's been in the family a while," said the Padawan. "She'll do point one above lightspeed on good days."

The Jedi Knight and Padawan turned to the entrance of the hospital, Daryan doing his best to tune out the surging emotions of fear and pain swelling around them. "Sir Brand, have you got any idea what's going on here? The subspace comm chatter's running hot with people talking about something in the Senate Building. There's vessels making for the hyperspace lanes like orvaths deserting a sinking ship."

TAG: GreyJedi125

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    As they walked to the turbo lift, Brand considered Daryan's question.

"Hmmm....I see what you mean, however, Jedi are not so easily moved to...panic."

Brand touched the turbo lift keypad and waited for it to open.

"What i sense, is a great opportunity for the jedi to do what we do best. I mean, who would be crazy enough to bomb the Senate building knowing that they jedi would soon be on their tails...they must be brain dead." Barnd made a circling motion with his index finger near his temple.

The Turbo lift door opened and both Jedi entered without incident.

"...and please Daryan, just call me Brand...I just recently got promoted to Jedi Knight, and I'm not that much older than you really..."Sir" sounds so...yuck!"

Brand shuddered and laughed at the thought of being called old. Moments later, the turbo lift stopped and opened on a floor where a single door could be seen. Both jedi walked confidently in silence, no doubt each one of them thinking in his own mind about the nature of the recall. Brand had not mentioned it at all, but a recall of such nature was only made under the most dire situations, that much he knew, and was sure that Daryan was aware of such facts as well.
    As they approached, the doors automatically opened and they stepped in in-stride, one next to the other.
    The room they entered was of medium size, and at the other end there was a viewport were one could see the Coruscant skyline and the Jedi Temple nearby. The walls were covered with shelves containing all sorts of books and electronic equipment, there were stacks of read outs, reports and many other administrative resources all about, but the amazing part was, that it was all neat, inspite of the cramped feeling. At the center of the room and closer to the viewport, was a large and neatly cluttered desk. A figure sat and then stood up to greet them. It was a Zabrak female they had never seen before. She wore long flowing Jedi Robes of Grey and white, the type that was reminescent of the jedi of old. She rose from her desk and moved around it to greet both jedi. Brand noticed that her demeanor was welcoming, yet not unfriendly, though edged with definite seriousness. Her long hair and dark eyes somehow accentuated these qualities. Brand could not help to glance at the two lightsabers that hung at each side of her, they seemed almost poised for imminent combat.

"Greetings, I am Master Satryna Nova, temporary Head and only member of the Jedi Council...there is much I have to convey to you both, please take a seat."

Barnd looked behind him and noticed two chairs he could have sworn were not there a moment ago. As he sat, a nervous lump formed in his stomach.

"temporary Head and only member...?"

Though Master Nova's expression remained diplomatically 'friendly', Brand thought he'd sensed a hint of sadness in her voice. He sat and tried not to come to his own conclusions, he emptied his mind of distractions and opened himself to allow the force to help him understand what he otherwise could not.

"There are others who are on their way to Coruscant as we speak, and since not all of you will be here simultaneously...."

Satryna reached back to her desk and produced two datapads.

"...I've compiled my report for review at your conveniences." She said, handing Brand and Daryan the datapads containing the full transcription of all that had transpired thus far.

"What you'll be reading will not be easy for you, so take as much time as you need. I shall be here at my desk continuing with my work...don't hesitate to ask questions."

Brand accepted the datapad wordlessly and glanced at Daryan. This was...certainly unusual. He did not sense anything wrong in the Force, but his nervousness deepened considerably as he took hold of the datapad.
    He watched as Master Nova returned to her desk and her duties, then frowning slightly, he began to read.

Tag: Saintheart, Ktala. ( Master O'bree, you are cleared for landing.) :p

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala Obree & Terel B'toth

As their ship reached Coruscant, K'tala looked at the message again.

"Strange..." she muttered, as she gripped her seat, as her Padwan took the ship out of hyperdrive.

"What is it, Master?" Terel asked, looking towards her.

"Well...besides your piloting skills....this message. We are not to meet at the temple..but instead at the main Medical Center..."

Terel was busy making at face at K'tala's quip about his flying, when his earpiece suddenly went ballistic.

"Master...there is alot of chatter on the comlink...about someone attacking the Senators...and even a bomb!"

Master Obree simply nodded her head. "Well, we shall find out soon enough. Preparing for landing."

Terel nodded, and slowly brought the ship down, for a landing at a nearby landing bay. Soon afterwards, the ship was secured, and both were on their way to where they were instructed to meet.

K'tala was quiet as she walked towards the Med center. She could feel it, in the Force. The diffrence. Normally, when she was on Coruscant..she could feel the subtle 'calm' from the many Jedi that served the temple.

It was no longer there.

The Master and Padawan entered the turbo lift, and exited on the floor they were given. There was a single door. K'tala nodded to Terel, and they both approached the door.

The doors automatically opened.

TAG: GreyJedi

:D

10. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Daryan Karitas

The Padawan bit his lip, fighting down the intense bolt of grief that passed through him as he read the scratch list of names of Jedi killed in the betrayal. His own Master, Benissa, was among them.

He wished Nystas Charon was still alive for the Jedi to deal with him properly.

He fought down the anger at Charon that swelled up as the doors opened and a new Jedi entered with her Padawan.

TAG: GreyJedi, Ktala

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Brand Grimmstar was completely at a loss...he felt a sick ache inside him, a revulsion that was indescribable to him. How could this have happened? He was so incredulous that he had to re-read the report. feelings of outrage and grief warred inside him, for many friends died at the hands of Nystas Charon...it was not the fact that they died which disturbed him, for as a jedi, he knew that all things returned to the force, but it was the treacherous way in which they had died that disturbed him so deeply.
    As he was about to ask a question to Master Nova, the doors to the chamber opened and two Jedi walked in. Brand quickly reined in his emotions and got up to greet the new arrivals, he managed to compose his face to his usual amicable demeanor despite the ache that now resounded inside of him.

Satryna Nova sat at her desk and paid little attention at the screen before her, though her eyes seemed to be looking at it.
    Instead, she found herself discreetly monitoring the reactions of the two jedi through the force. She could almost tell what they were reading by their reactions, but overall, she was proud of them, they were taking the news well...so far. She however, did not give herself a chance to dwell on the matter anymore than necessary, the mass funeral pyres were a sight that nearly completely overwhelmed her, she'd never felt so alone before, or so close to despair...that's why she was infinately greatful to those who responded to her call so promptly. She would not have to carry this burden alone.
    It was then that the doors to her office opened, revealing Master Ktala Obree and her padawan Terel B'Toth. Satryna stood and noticed Brand doing the same, almost simultaneously.

"Welcome Master Obree..." Satryna said and bowed first to Ktala, "...young Terel..." She smiled at the padawan and gave a welcoming nod.

"I am Master Satryna Nova, and these are Jedi Knight Brand Grimmstar and padawan Daryan Karitas." She said, introducing the two jedi who had arrived before them.

"First, I'd like to thank you for responding so promptly to my call, I'm affraid the matter is serious enough to justify such an act..." Satryna again produced two datapads from her desk and handed them to each of the new arrivals. She hesitated to give Terel a datapad, and decided to hand both to Master Ktala instead.

"With al due respect, I think it's best if you read it first master Obree, I'm affraid I have not prepared a less...potent version of the account you are about to read."

Satryna gave Terel a reasuring pat on the shoulder.

"I will be glad to answer any and all questions once you've reviewed my report...please, have a seat."

Two more chairs seemed to appear out of nowhere, but the fact was, they would not be noticed unless pointed out, for they were easily concealed by the stacks of books and data files.

"refreshments anyone...?" satryna managed to offer, suddenly remembering her manners.

Tag: Those who be Jedi!

12. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Nick

Nik'tia slowly fell asleep, while watching Sanomar pilot the craft.

Fiona

Senator Morwer and Fiona talked a bit, until they came up with a meeting spot. Fiona first called Janus.

"Janus...we're setting up a little meeting...you might be interested in. And we could use a little of your help."

She quickly told him of their ideas for the meeting. "We're going to hold it at the Galeran Diner. I know the owner. We can get a private room. Since many Senators go there to eat, them showing up there, will not draw any undue notice. Dinner sounds good to me. Im gonna call up the others and tell them the time and place."

After talking with Janus, Fiona calls up Senator Skywalker and Seantor Von Straub.

She gives them the place and time for the meeting. She then turns to Senator Morwer.

"Well sir, guess it's time to get you outta here!"

Fiona grins, as she starts to assist him with the armor.

Ktala & Terel

"Welcome Master Obree..." Satryna said and bowed first to Ktala, "...young Terel..." She smiled at the padawan and gave a welcoming nod.

Both Ktala and Terel returned the bow.

"I am Master Satryna Nova, and these are Jedi Knight Brand Grimmstar and Padawan Daryan Karitas." She said, introducing the two jedi who had arrived before them.

Ktala nodded to the others. Terel nodded and flashed a nervious smile to the other two. Ktala turned her attention back to Satryna.

"First, I'd like to thank you for responding so promptly to my call, I'm affraid the matter is serious enough to justify such an act..." Satryna again produced two datapads from her desk and handed them to each of the new arrivals. She hesitated to give Terel a datapad, and decided to hand both to Master Ktala instead.

"With all due respect, I think it's best if you read it first Master Obree, I'm afraid I have not prepared a less...potent version of the account you are about to read."

Satryna gave Terel a reasuring pat on the shoulder.

Ktala carefully raised her shields, as to not alarm her Padawan. She was empathic..and had already been feeling a tremor of dread, long before she stepped into the room. She assumed at first, it might be because of what had happened to the Senators, but when they had been instructed to come here, instead of the temple..the feeling had grown.

"I will be glad to answer any and all questions once you've reviewed my report...please, have a seat."

Two more chairs seemed to appear out of nowhere, but the fact was, they would not be noticed unless pointed out, for they were easily concealed by the stacks of books and data files.

Ktala nodded, and walked over to one of the seats. Terel followed her. He sat down eyeing her intently.

"Refreshments anyone...?" Satryna managed to offer, suddenly remembering her manners.

Terel was about to refuse, when Ktala smiled, and nodded. "Go ahead..I know you want something...we did manage to not grab anything, in out hurry to get back.

Terel gave a small smile. "Thank you Master." He turned his attention back to Satryna.

As Terel was busy getting himself and Ktala something to eat, she started reading the datapad.

On the outside, Ktala appeared to be her normal self...but inside, she was reeling. As she continued to read the report, the shock of the magnitude of such an act, happening within the temple walls...was more than stunning. The healer's breathing picked up slightly, as she looked over the many names of Jedi who had so suddenly perished. There were far too many names of the list she recognized. She closed her eyes for a moment, and felt for her calm within the Force.

The agony and horror she felt, she slowly let it flow into the Force. There would still be much to do. She would mourn later. She was very careful to shield herself from her Padawan. She wondered how to tell him. Satryna was correct...the current report was much to...graphic..for him. She would have to seach the Force to find a way to tell him.

Ktala o

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Janus' was unsure of the exact time of day, he hadn't a moment's rest since the present crisis had begun and he was begining to feel the effects. He was about to look at his chrono when his communicator beeped for the thousandth time, it would seem.

"Ah...Fiona, glad to hear a frienly voice for a change." Janus answered, feeling some stress lift-off him at the sound of her voice. He continued to work on his current project as he listened to Fiona's request for assistance concerning the Senators.

"The safety of Senators are our priority at the moment, just let me know what you need, additional security will not be a problem."

Janus put through Fiona's request as they spoke. No harm would come to the Senators as far as he was concerned. Unfortunately, the conversation had to be brief, so Janus had to keep it short, there was just too much work to be done.

"Don't hesitate to call again should you need anything. Janus out."

janus exhaled deeply and pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling the onset of fatigue. He definately needed another cup of Java...or a metabolic booster shot. He shook his head at that thought and got up to refill his cup, there was just no substitute for the simple pleasures a cup of java could provide, and at the moment, he definately need it.

Aboard the REX ZOROASTER, Tyvek answered Fiona's call and assured her that Senator Von Straub would be joining the other delegates at the designated location. He was satisfied with Fiona's assurances concerning security and found the arrangements quite suitable, thus his attendance was guaranteed.

Satryna could not help but smile as she looked upon Master Ktala Obree and her padawan Terel. It was clear to her that their bond was strong and well founded. She briefly thought of Master Sanomar, and of a time that did not seem so long ago, but she did not dwell on it, the present demanded her full attention.
    Satryna was not surprised when Master Obree asked to be momentarily excused. Satryna cordially bowed as the Jedi Master exited the Chamber with her padawan, no doubt to speak privately on what was just learned.
    As soon as the doors closed Brand got up from his chair and meant to speak, but no words came out. He closed his eyes and mouth, shook his head and tried again.

"With all due respect Master Nova...this is quite an unbelievable account, where it not for the absence of the rest of the Jedi, both physically and in the Force...I would not have believed it..."

Satryna simply noded in acknowledgement.

"I...I am uncertain as to how we should proceed, I... submit to your wisdom Master Nova."

Brand bowed deferantially to Satryna.

"There's no need for such formality Brand, be at ease....please." Satryna gestured and Brand took his seat anew.

"...and you young Daryan, have you any questions or thoughts?"

Satryna felt it was important for those present to express themselves...dealing with tragedy was never easy, and deep inside, she knew the hardest question to answer was Why?

Tag: You guys!

14. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    "I will transfer you over to the Senator. Just a moment please." Mirtahz tossed the comm back at Jahanara, who looked at her quizzically.

"They want to talk to you. Something about a meeting." Mirtahz shrugged. "Senator Morwer's office."

Jahanara nodded and spoke into the comm. "Senator Jahanara Skywalker speaking."

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Daryan Karitas

The Padawan shook himself out of the reverie, forcing down the chaos of emotions running through him. "I'm sorry, Master--I'm still in shock. As Brand says, though, it's almost impossible to believe."

Daryan took a deep breath, closing his eyes, letting the light wash over him. Finally he opened them once more, promising to mourn his Master when there was time. He looked at Master Nova. "It's a guess, Master, but it seems to me there'll be chaos across the Republic once word gets out. There's a lot of discontented rebel movements out there. This could be just the opportunity they need to start something major."

TAG: GreyJedi...Ktala... :D

16. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Kall Sennenar

The Calamarian handed a fresh cup of Durosian Java to Janus Blackmoon, gently taking the empty cup from his superior's hands and putting it on the table. His preference was for caffeinias spiced with seawater, but he'd operated enough around Janus to know what the NRI operative preferred.

"I've been running some searches through Intel's databanks on Raxxla," wheezed Kall as Janus took a sip of the hot liquid. "I'm still not finding much there...we just haven't expanded out in that direction much at all. But there was an archaeological/xenobiological expedition out there just after the Empire fell. They recorded there's a wandering comet that's due back in that system in a few years' time, if their calculations are right. Every five hundred years it makes a close pass to Raxxla's habitable systems. The archaeologists seemed to link that with writings, cave drawings indicating disaster for that planet...they think through the gravitational effect the comet has out there. I'm wondering--the Republic's been doing systemforming, redirecting comets, restricting asteroid fields, that kind of thing in the last fifty years or so, but the expense is huge..."

TAG: GreyJedi (PS You got that nice Jack Bauer "24" image going, dude...or should that be the CTU look? :D )

17. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Fiona

As Fiona finished talking with Senator Von Straub, her comlink buzzed again. Senator Skywalkers office.

Fiona gave Senator Morwer a nodd,before answering the comlink.

"I will transfer you over to the Senator. Just a moment please." Mirtahz tossed the comm back at Jahanara, who looked at her quizzically.

Jahanara nodded and spoke into the comm. "Senator Jahanara Skywalker speaking."

"Senator Skywalker. Senator Morwer and myself are glad to find you well. Senator Morwer is setting up a meeting with a few other Senators, who are intersted in helping with what is happening near Naboo...and what has happened here."

Fiona's voice dropped for a moment, before she continuied.

"We will be meeting at Galeran's Diner. They will also be discussing the Empire's "ahh".. "interest" they seem to have for Naboo as well.

"Many Senators go there to eat, so the Senators showing up there, will not draw any undue notice. It will be around Dinner time, about 8 in the evening, Senator. Please attend. There are some things happening, that you may not be aware of...and the Senator does not wish to speak of over a comlink."

Fiona waited for a response, as Senator Morwer finished putting on his armor. Fiona grinned.

TAG: QSara, GreyJedi, RBG

Ktala & Terel

Ktala was silent, as she bowed to Satrya, before leading Terel from the room. She led him to a secluded spot, a small room, which appeared to be a chapel of some sort. It would do.

She walked inside, and looked around, sensing if anyone else was around. It was empty.

She sat down, and patted the seat next to her.

Terel sat down nerviously. The looks on the Knight and other Padawan's faces had told him something bad had happened. The sudden shut down of the bond had confirmed it.

<<It must really be bad..>> he thought to himself.

Ktala smiled sadly as she reached out, to touch him on his shoulder. She slowly re-opened the bond she shared with him, as she had steadied her own emotions.

She looked down at him, as his eyes grew wide.

"Padawan...I had hoped to not have to deal with this, for a least a few more years...but it seems I no longer have the choice.

He looked at her steadly..."Somebody died, havent they..?" he asked, softly.

Ktala look at her young padawan. He had seen death before. She was a healer..it it happens in the field...but never of somone close to him...or so much at once.

She stopped all her mental shields..and sent him waves of support.

"Yes, Padawan...someone has died....many, far too many, someones." She looked at him, holding his gauze.

Terel looked confused for a moment, before he quielty asked..."the temple?"

Ktala nodded silently. She watched as realization hit him, and his eyes grew wide and watery.

"My friends...the teachers...?" He looked up at her, and Ktala felt such a wave from sorrow from him, she sent a wave of reassurance towards him.

"Who...how many....WHY?! Terel asked the last question as he voice broke, and tears started to stream down his face.

Ktala held him quitely..as she tried to be the shelter that he needed at the moment. She had not seen him cry in years, and it tore her apart.

She tried to answer his questions thru his sobs.

"The person resposible...is dead now..as to how many..." Ktala held her breath for a moment before continuing..."We are not sure...but most of the temple..." She stopped as his crying grew in intensity. She hugged him tightly, and stoked the top of his head, his hair, trying to console him.

"And as for why...we might never know...but we must trust the Force to guide us now...."

As his sobbing subsided, she gently lifted his face.

"But...how?" he asked...his breathing still ragged, as she sent him waves of assurance.

"We're Jedi little one..we do what we can..and let the Force take care of the rest."

Terel gave a small grin, as he wipped his eyes. "You havent called me that in a long time." he said quietly.

Ktala look at him, roughing his hair "...and you will always be that to me.

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Janus listened intently to Kall's findings as he sipped his Java. It all sounded very interesting, but there was something they were missing. The interrogation had only yielded the systems name...Raxxla.

"Those men were sent or hired by someone who wanted something. Who sent them....?"

Janus got up and started to pace.

"What are "our" interests in Raxxla...who has something to gain, who has something to lose, I need possible names, motives...enemies. You know i don't like secrets or mysteries...those things are quite dangerous in our business."

Janus paused and again pinched the bridge of his nose. It looked like he'd have to use a dose of metabolic booster after all. He hated those things, why did they have to be so darn useful.

"We'll have to crossreference our data with that of the Bothan Network..."

Janus automatically sat back on his desk and got on his terminal, his hands and fingers were moving speedily upon the keyboard.

"...and this time I'd better get full clearance." He said with some annoyance under his breath.

"....either that, or tourism in Raxxla is about to increase."

Janus glanced up from his terminal and gave Kall a smirk. The chase was about to be on.

Satryna Nova could understand the feelings of incredulity that emanated from Brand and Daryan, were the roles reversed, she would probably be more skeptical than they.
    As she listened to both Jedi's feedback, Satryna could feel Master Obree and Terel nearby. She did not know the details, but through the Force, she could interprate what was happening between the two. She could sense the special bond that Master and padawan shared, and immediately withdrew her presence, she was not the type to pry on the privacy of others. It did fill her heart with joy that amidst these dark times, such light still shone brightly.
    Satryna listened intently to Daryan's concern and smiled at his sense of forsight.
    Before she could respond however, the doors opened and master Obree and Terel rejoined the gathered jedi anew, both seemed serene as they took their respective seats.

"Your patience in this matter is admirable, for that I commend you." She said to all four Jedi, as she came around to stand infront of her desk for a more familiar feel to their gathering.

"At this time we are few, and our burden is heavy, but together and Force willing, others will answer the call to duty and join us, so that we may once again regain our foothold as the Protectors of the weak and the Defenders of peace..."

Satryna looked at each Jedi before continuing, she took a steadying breath.

"I'm not sure if you are aware of the conflict now raging in Naboo. Their seems to be some civil upheaval affecting the whole planet and they are at this time cut-off from us due to a blockade placed by a renagade Imperial faction." Satryna put up a hand to prevent any interruptions.
    "Master Sanomar has recently departed for Naboo and I await to hear from him after a certain time has elapsed...in the meantime, we have to focus our energies here on Coruscant."

satryna's gaze travelled to meet master Obree's.

"I am glad to report that most of our infants had been relocated to Med-center's Nursery prior to the 'heinous act' and are well guarded and cared for."

She paused long enough for a sense of relief to fall on the others.

"However, I believe at this time we should coordinate our efforts with those of the Chancellor's Office in orded to continue to safeguard the interest of the Republic."

another pause

"To this end, I will need your full cooperation...and most importantly, your most honest opinions and suggestions. I will admit to you that i do not have all the answers, but it is our duty as jedi to find a way when there seems to be none. The matter of the "dark invaders" is of great concern to me, and i will be devoting a great deal of time and effort in the

19. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Jahanara listened to Fiona and made a quick decision. "I'll be there." She knew it probably wasn't safe for her to go out anywhere public, but she had to do this. For Naboo.

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala & Terel

Satryna spoke, "Your patience in this matter is admirable, for that I commend you." She said to all four Jedi, as she came around to stand infront of her desk for a more familiar feel to their gathering.

Ktala listed carefully to Master Nova, her padawan sat silently.

"...To this end, I will need your full cooperation...and most importantly, your most honest opinions and suggestions. I will admit to you that i do not have all the answers, but it is our duty as Jedi to find a way when there seems to be none. The matter of the "dark invaders" is of great concern to me, and I will be devoting a great deal of time and effort in the hopes of uncovering that particular mystery, that's why I will need you to take care of other matters...."

Satryna leaned back on her desk and adopted a more familiar and less official manner.
    "Criticisms..Ideas, suggestions? feel free to speak your mind."

Ktala thought carefully. There was so much to do..and so few of them to do it. She responded, slowly.

"I still think, we need to deal with the temple first. All of our resources...and equipment is there. We will at least be able to tell what is going on from the temple monitors."

Ktala looked around the room..."We can scan the temple...and remove any non-force intruders....before we enter. And we can contact the smaller temples for assistance."

Ktala was not used to having to deal with such situations..usually, as a healer, she would deal with the immediate emergency...and then send to the temple for assistance...but this was diffrent. She had a feeling they ALL were feeling slightly out of their elements at the moment.

She nodded her head. "I just feel that, the more who know how...incompacitated, we are at the moment..might use it as an excuse to finish what was started. We need to stop it before it starts."

Ktala sat down looking over at her Padawan. Terel gave a small grin.

Fiona

Jahanara listened to Fiona and made a quick decision. "I'll be there."

Fiona noded, feeling a sigh of relief. She was glad the Senator would make the meeting. She then gave them the time and place, and closed the comlink.

She then turned to finishing helping Senator Morewer get dressed. As soon as he was ready, she prepared to sneak him out of the hospital wing.

Nick

Nick opened her eyes, and saw that Sanomar was still busy flying the ship towards their destination. She leaned in close.

"Would you like me to take over for abit?" she asked softly.

TAG: everybody, everywhere... hehehe

21. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    OOC: Very minor GM here, GJ... :D

Kall Sennenar

Kall grinned...or at least tried to approximate the expression through Calamarian features. "Just what I was thinking, sir. Actually, there is something else I wanted to show you." Kall called up datafiles onto a nearby monitor, raising the size by several degrees. He took a deep, wheezing breath and turned to the screens.

"Mandalorian armour's very rare, as you know. NRI thought they'd nailed the last specimens of it when Fett was killed and the different museum pieces were melted down by order of the Republic. The armour has a peculiar spectrographic profile when we bombard it with ultraviolet light. When we...lost...those two from this morning, I had a couple of our techs do a quick scan of their clothing. That's when we figured it out: this armour," said Kall, bringing up a readout on the screen, "is dead in the UV spectrum."

"The bounty hunters aren't Mandalorian?" asked Janus, leaning forward slightly.

"I didn't say that, sir. Genetic profiles say these two were definitely Fett clones; their DNA matches exactly with the archival records we managed to recover from information raids on Byss and other ex-imperial worlds. No, the actual answer is a lot more interesting."

Kall brought up a system information chart. "Raxxla, as we were saying. The synthsteel manufactured there has a fairly unique signature--comes from the magnetic effect of that eccentric comet that passes through every half millennia or so. The armour worn by those two clowns was made of Raxxla materials."

Janus peered at the screen. "I thought you said Raxxla hadn't even applied for Republic membership, that the civilisation's only been starfaring for fifty years or so."

Kall nodded. "That I did. Which, to me, Janus, suggests one answer. Someone on Raxxla has been building bounty hunters using the Fett DNA map...and then hiring them out-system."

Janus nodded, settling back in his chair. "Not bad, Kall. And the punchline is...?"
    "There are a couple of figures out in that sector who might have the funding to pull this off. One's Dromar Alsedrin--local gang lord, pirate, you name the dirty deed, he's got people who can do it. He's based in that fringe of space. Best intel says he's got at least a provisional base on Raxxla. The other's Vexxard. Sorry, no last name that we can find. Native of Raxxla. Basically the biggest wheel in the Raxxla chemical industry, both before and after they made contact with the Republic. A lot of money. Both of these guys have the funding to pull off secure cloning facilities. Seems to me either of them might've bankrolled these boys for an offworld buyer."

TAG: GreyJedi (feel free to take investigations from here; I'm just making it up as I go along. ;) )

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    OOC: [as the plot thickens] Ooooh! Very Nice Saintheart, I likes it alot. Sounds like we'll need to send some undercover NRI as "tourists" to Raxxla! :p ( but I'll deal with one challenge at a time, don't want to mess anything up).

Janus sat at his desk deep in thought. he rocked softly in his chair, hand on chin and a frown on his face from concentrating. Kall, like everyone else in the NRI, was completely dedicated to his work. The information he'd uncovered was invaluable. there was no doubt in Janus' mind that he'd have to send agents to Raxxla...but not just any agents, he needed top-tier operatives.

"Give me a moment Kall, let me update Command on the situation before i put in a request that gets shot down. I need to convince them of the advantages of off-season tourism."

Janus immediately got on the task. The NRI resources were vast, and these resources were nearly tapped during this time of galactic conflict. These days, administrators had to make a case as to why certain resources would be best served if used by them. It was a game of priorities and optimization. Janus usually let the severity of a situation do the talking for him, and this situation was potentially very severe.

[more to come....]

Satryna Nova slowly noded her head in agreement with Master Obree. Now that there were a handful of Jedi, It was high time they reclaimed the Jedi Temple and Purged it of all non-Jedi personnel. Satryna could not help but crack a smile at the prospect, she and Master Obree were destined to get along just fine.

"An excellent suggestion Master Obree." Satryna said.

"I did not think it wise for me to undertake such a task on my own, should anything unfortunate befall me...and i don't mean death, I was more concerened of falling into the Darkside. But now that our numbers are slowly growing, our first priority should be the re-appropriation of the Jedi Temple. A complete scan of the Jedi Temple should be our very first priority."

Satryna looked at Master Obree. This was the moment she was secretly dreading. Without outwardly betraying any emotion Satryna let go of her own apprehensions and trusted in the Force.

"Master Obree, You will be in charge of re-appropriation of the Jedi Temple. Brand and Daryan will assist you, as will I if necessary. All our resources are at your disposal."

Satryna never thought she'd be in a position of authority, giving orders to other jedi, sending them out on assignments...or to their possible deaths. This was something she dreaded and avoided at all costs. But this was not about her and her personal fears, this was about the will of the Force...not only for her and all Jedi involved, but also for the well being of the galaxy. Dark Forces were at work, and it was becoming evident that roles had to change in order to better fight the good fight. That meant that preconceptions and preferences also had to change, if one allowed it. The LightSide of the Force did not work well with stubborn or unwilling subjects.

"May the force be with us all." Satryna said suddenly. Her thoughts included Nick and Master Sanomar.

"You can count on me Master Nova...Master Obree."

Brand Grimmstar nearly jumped up from his seat, exhuberance flowed from him like a river. He was obviously glad to have been given an assignment.

Satryna could not help but smile in response to the young Jedi Knight's energy. He was the perfect picture of a Jedi guardian, ready for duty, just like she had been...not so long ago.

Satryna noticed the small message light from the jedi private comm flashing on her desk. She smoothly moved towards it as she looked over to Daryan. Satryna could feel that he too had a reaction to the news, but waited to hear him express it verbally.

Tag: Ktala, Saintheart

OOC: Is it m

23. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Ktala and Terel

"I still think, we need to deal with the temple first. All of our resources...and equipment is there. We will at least be able to tell what is going on from the temple monitors." Ktala had spoken, and then silently sat down.

Satryna Nova slowly noded her head in agreement with Master Obree.
    "An excellent suggestion Master Obree." Satryna said.

"I did not think it wise for me to undertake such a task on my own, should anything unfortunate befall me...and i don't mean death, I was more concerened of falling into the Darkside. But now that our numbers are slowly growing, our first priority should be the re-appropriation of the Jedi Temple. A complete scan of the Jedi Temple should be our very first priority."

Ktala wondered about the threat of falling to the darkside. If it was...it would probably be the same as what happened to the old head of the council. In such a case, she could understand Master Nova's reluctance to dealing with such a threat alone.

Satryna looked at Master Obree.

"Master Obree, You will be in charge of re-appropriation of the Jedi Temple. Brand and Daryan will assist you, as will I if necessary. All our resources are at your disposal."

Ktala nodded. "I shall take care of it at once, Master Nova."

"May the force be with us all." Satryna said suddenly.

"You can count on me Master Nova...Master Obree."

Brand Grimmstar nearly jumped up from his seat, exhuberance flowed from him like a river. He was obviously glad to have been given an assignment.

Ktala gave a small smile. Satryna also smiled in response to the young Jedi Knight's energy.

As Ktala listed for any other bit of information, she thought of how to tackle such a difficult task. The temple was a huge place. An ideal slowly dawned on her. She was interrupted, as Terel broke into her thoughts.

//Master, are we going to try using what we did before on Alzoc III?//

Ktala smiled, as she turned to her Padawan to respond.
    //My thoughts exactally, my young padawan...and I might have need of your special talents as well.//

Terel grinned at the prospect.

Ktala worried though. She could definatelly use some of his 'toys' as he put it, to assit them. But she did not want him to go. He was young, and it would be hard enough, dealing with what was there..without having to worry about him.

She wondered if Master Nova could use as assistant.

Tag: GreyJedi, Saintheart

24. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Daryan Karitas

The Padawan jumped to his feet at the decision that they were to go to the Temple first and clear out any interlopers within it.
    "Masters, I know I'm still a Padawan...but I promise I won't fail you in this. I've seen things like this. Can I suggest a grav-jump onto the upper Temple balconies using personal repulsorlifts, rather than going in through the hangar bays? Whoever's got control of the Temple right now won't expect an attack from the air."

TAG: My masters... :D

25. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Sanomar

The Trianii looked over with a smile at Nik'tia. [I am well enough, my love. Hyperrspace is simple enough to fly--]

A sudden, wrenching sensation, a scream of ship's drives, and the tunnel of hyperspace slammed back to starlines, and then to individual stars.

Sanomar's hands snapped back to the controls of the DarkLancer, trying to look in all directions at once. A warning klaxons screeched. He drew on the Force--

There.

An Imperial Shannatar-class starship. Maybe half the size of the old Imperial-II Star Destroyer design, but built to slip through enemy space largely undetected. With two fighter wings, a gravity well generator, and--

Sanomar's hands flew over the controls, and he launched the ship into a steep dive. He had to keep the Imperial ship from acquiring a lock with its tractor beam.

Blaster bolts sizzled around the cockpit, and he corkscrewed the vessel, trusting in his and Nik'tia's straps. The TIE-M fighters screamed in for them. Five, at a quick count.

[Get on the turret!] he roared to Nik'tia and slammed the ship into another steep climb, as the blaster fire intensified...

TAG: Ktala (how does this grab ya?) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.