main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Timeless Love (An Old Republic\New Republic Tale)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, May 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    You're Jedi Mind Tricks won't work on me, Girl. I am a Padawan. (But I'll post more when I write it. )

2. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Ah, now that is the question! Do they like the time they're from? Should they act as though they don't know what's going to happen, or should they try to change things, and risk even their own existences? You never know if one word, one conversation, one action, or a lack of it, will set off a chain of events that might just be enough to ensure that your mother never meets your father and, well, it's too complicated to even think about! Fascinating idea, and I feel my heart beating faster in anticipation of more!

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 05-22-2000).]

3. JediFinrod

JediFinrod Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2000
    You speak for me Jane.

Must have more!!!

4. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    What more? That was the end!! Just kidding... I'll prolly have more up tomorrow or later tonight.

5. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    And here it is!! (As usual, thank you all for reading and commenting, you inspire me to go on!! )

The will of the Force Alejandra echoed in her mind for the fifth time after having walked Gabe and Dean home. She leaned against the deck's large window, watching as the twilight faded into darkness, revealing the thousands of worlds surrounding Coruscant. Speeders and aircars whizzed beneath the window, following a frantic race around the endless city.

The will of the Force she thought again. Why? She wondered. Then thoughts of where Gabriel and Dean were from danced through her mind. If her Master hadn't taken it so calmly, almost expectantly she might have protested their strange answer. Even though the Force bore witness of it to her, the sheer oddity of it all almost made her disbelieve it. But her Master believed, Force knows why, but he did. And she got the feeling he was hiding something from her, what it was she had no idea. But she was sure it had something to do with Gabe, Dean and their time. Why wasn't she there? It was only fourty years in the future. A chill from an unknown source raised goosebumps on her arms, and she rubbed them, glancing up at the twinkling stars once more. If she were to go to the future with Gabe, would the stars be the only thing she recognized? The stars were eternal. Even if one exploded it's light shown on, like the memory of a long dead hero. The changes to the stars were only detectable by telescopes, not human eyes. She'd often wanted to be like the stars that went supernova, their lights still shining against the velvet sky. Leaving her mark on history, never forgotten. She soon learned those were vain thoughts, and nothing a Jedi should concern herself with.

But by going into the future with Gabe, she might just leave the living world with that mark. Why wouldn't she still be alive in Gabe's time? Did he know the time of her death? Sixty years old was awful young to die, even if she wasn't a Jedi. Mabye she'd be killed by the rumored Sith Lord. Alejandra shook her head as if shaking that thought from her mind. Even if she was supposed to die that way, it wouldn't happen now, not if she left with Gabe. It was strange to her, sharing a bond- a Force bond with someone she'd only known for a day. She wondered if he knew they had a Force Bond. Probably not, he was not trained. But she sensed potential in him, not that it mattered- he was far to old to begin the training. But if he was from Coruscant, why hadn't he been detected by the Jedi at a younger age? Did they exist then? Of course she told herself firmly. They had to. But what if they didn't? What would she do? Take Gabe on an apprentice and try to restore the order to the Galaxy? Why wouldn't they exist? Darth Sidious something seemed to whisper in her mind. The rumored Sith Lord. But how could one or two Sith take on over eight thousand Jedi? They'd have to be as strong as Master Yoda, than Anakin Skywalker, the chosen one himself. Abruptly a new question that could not be answered entered her mind. What exactly did it mean, that he would bring balance to the Force?

She shivered again, pulling her robe closer around her. She watched a shooting star streak across the sky, and wondered why she kept getting the chills. Gabe's comment must have shaken her up more than she thought. There could be a great number of reasons why she would die before his time. And they didn't have to involve devastangily powerful Sith Lords and Apprentices destroying the whole Jedi Order. She glanced up at the jewled night sky once more and thought wryly to herself. Whether I live or die, the stars will shine on.

(I hope you liked it! This post got attacked by Gimpy's infamous IffyPostMonster, since it's mostly descriptive writing and character insight. redface.gif )

6. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Character Development is good.
    Enjoying your story.

7. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Alejandra wouldn't be human if she didn't have doubts occasionally. I liked this piece of introspection! I especially liked the part where she remembers how she'd once wanted to live on after her death like a supernova. And in a way, she did! Or will. Or whatever. Nice tie-in, anyway. And why do I have the sneaking feeling that she will discover exactly what the prophecy means, that the Chosen One will bring balance to the Force? More story, please!

8. JediFinrod

Mar 4, 2000
    I liked that allusion to Anakin's fate. And I never mind a little introspection! More soon!

9. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thank you guys!! I'll try to get up more as soon as possible, right now all I have is my dad's comp. tongue.gif

10. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    I SWEAR I posted on this thing. . .I swear I did. . . oh well, the Sith are attacking all of these forums . GREAT story Snarketta! I love it! The characters are now becoming real and stuff! And I like the Anakin/DS tie-in Post more soon. Or I'll count hours and minutes-I'm known to do that you know(hehehe )

11. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Hehe thanks very much for your comments guys!! *turns to the thread* And since I found you on the 5th page, I figure I better add more!
    (Hope you guys like! )

The following morning Gabriel went to his ship to pick up some leftover supplies. He had been thinking about last night and how amazed he was at how well Alejandra and Master Olajuan had taken his news. But then, they were Jedi and were probably used to dealing with the impossible.

There had been something strange he'd felt between him and Alejandra. Some sort of bondthat allowed him to sense her presence as well as Master Olajaun's and vaguely Dean's. It was the strangest and warmest feeling in the worlds, and Gabriel couldn't begin to describe it in words.

Frowning slightly, Gabriel hefted his pack over his shoulder and slowly descended the landing ramp. The man that he was eyeing his ship nearly made him drop his bag. He was dressed in a simple brown Jedi robe, had short crop sandy blonde hair and deep blue eyes. If Gabe didn't know any better he'd swear he was looking straight at Luke Skywalker. Which was impossible considering the time and that the man was far too tall and young.

Swallowing, Gabe made his was down the ramp, at the bottom he shoved his hands in his trouser pockets and said, "Hello."

The man turned his gaze from Gabe's ship to Gabe's person and nodded slightly. "Hi there."

"What brings you here?" Gabe asked, curiously.

A smile blossomed on the man's face. "Your ship. I've never seen a Correlian Frigate in this make. It's quite advanced." The man said, running his fingers on the ships hull almost admiringly. Gabriel shifted his feet uncertainly.

"Well, it's one of a kind." He said, which was true in this time.

"I'll bet. What's your name?" The man asked, focusing his gaze on Gabriel once more. The man's presence radiated power, more then he could have sworn he'd felt in Alejandra and her Master. All this feeling was odd, very odd.

"Gabriel Trenton." He said, removing his right hand from his pocket and offering it to him.

A sly grin played on the man's lips. "Alejandra's Gabriel?" He asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"You know her?!" Gabriel gaped. The man's grin grew wider.

"I sure do. Anakin Skywalker." He said, pumping Gabe's proffered hand. Skywalker? No wonder he looked so much like Luke, they had to be related. Gabe thought to himself.

Anakin glanced at his wrist chrono meter and his eyes widened slightly. "Well Gabriel, as much as I'd love to hear more about your ship and girl," he waggled his eyebrows at Gabe. "I really should be meeting Master Kenobi by now. Force be with you." He said, with a slight wave.

"You too." Gabe responded, returning the wave.

The name Kenobi set off fireworks in Gabe's mind as he watched Anakin's retreating back. No wonder he looked so much like Luke, he was his father. And Luke Skywalker's father was Darth Vader.

Darth Vader. The half man, half machine walking monster. That man was no monster. The fact that he was so obviously human and nicefrightened Gabriel more then if he'd been wearing black armor and a breathing apparatus.

Shaken, Gabriel made his way through crowds of multi specied peoples to his work place.

12. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    oooohhh scary!!! poor gabe! more?

13. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow, Gabe meets Anakin! And the future Lord Vader was just a nice teen-age boy. Is Gabe going to see any hint at all of the monster to come? What's going to happen next?

14. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    *ahem* UP!!!!!

15. JediFinrod

Mar 4, 2000
    Up!

Wow, what a meeting that was! The knowledge Gabriel has in that time period sure gives him a lot of power! I wonder how he will use it...

16. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Why, of course I love you lunetta.

Oh, and the story rules too.

17. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks for your comments Rogue Jai, Jane-Jinn Jedi Finrod and Epic! ( I knew you loved me. How could you not? ) Here's some more for ya!

It had been three days. Three days after many of the Senators had been discharged and replaced quickly with firm Palpatine supporters. The people of those world's who had chosen and supported those Senators were protesting firmly and High Chancellor Palpatine was no where to be seen. He'd taken off on a vacation after the Senate replacements. Master Kenobi and Anakin were over due for their return to Coruscant and the Council had not heard from them yet. Since they were sent to a known war zone where reformists had appeared, there had been fourty other Jedi with them, and not one had reported in, and not one had come back.

With the people of the Republic on the edge and the Jedi on the verge of worrying, Alejandra wondered what made her think she should be exploring a botanical garden with Gabriel. Over the past few days she'd been busy with her training and he with his job. But they also found time for eachother, time she was beginning to cherish. At first it had seemed weird that the Force would will them to be together, but after getting to know him better, it seemed weird that it would not.

The plants in the garden were imported from worlds all over the Galaxy. Hardly any plants were native to Coruscant. It'dl probably been industrialized since Master Yoda's birth. A plant from Myrkrr caught her eye and she pulled Gabriel over to it. It was a large leafy plant with one green stem and a slightly orange flower bud that had been closed for decades. The plant was a Mardarr. Legend had it that it would only bloom when the worlds were about to drastically change forever.

And it had bloomed. A beautiful large orange flower spread out it's purple tipped petals. Gabriel smirked and said in a low voice, "And what kind of plant is this?"

Alejandra had to smile. She'd practically been giving him the names, history and world of all the interesting plants in the Garden. She gently touched the flowers soft petal and looked up into his deep blue eyes.

"It is a Madarr from Myrkrr. Legend has it that it will bloom only when the worlds will change forever." She informed him.

Gabriel's eyes noticably widened. "It bloomed." He said in a quiet voice.

"It's just a legend Gabriel. All it means is that the garden will get hourds of Tourists to see perhaps the only Madarr flower in their life." She said squeezing his elbow. He only nodded slighty causing Alejandra to frown. "It means nothing unless future boy knows something I don't."

"Maybe future boy does." He responded forcing a smile.

"Well I suppose I'll see it if it does." Alejandra said, wondering what he knew. But not willing to ask. Master Olajuan had said that if he mentioned any future event, tried to change any event it could have drastic results on the time he knew and lived in. She wasn't sure she'd be able to stop herself from changing something, if it were bad. "Gabriel, have you ever seen things before they happen?" She asked, deciding to change the subject. She was pretty sure he was Force-sensitive, she just needed to investigate further.

"What?" He gave her a weird look. "I'm not a Jedi like you." He said, tapping her sternum.

"You don't have to be Jedi to be Force sensitive." She said, folding her arms.

"What in the worlds makes you think I am?" He asked incredulously. She moved closer to him and touched his arm.

"Your presence is louder and brighter in the Force. Weren't you tested for Midichlorians when you were born?" She asked cocking an eyebrow.

Gabriel frowned. " I don't think so. The Jedi order in my time...." He began but she quickly covered his mouth with her hand.

"Don't tell me anything Gabriel, not yet." She said. At least he'd said that there were Jedi in his time. She wondered how they were different but didn't ask. She'd find out soon enough.

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    I love romance. More soon please.

19. Ejedir2

Ejedir2 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2000
    YAYAY! MEESA LUVIN' IT! MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!! PUWEESE!

20. JediFinrod

Mar 4, 2000
    At last, another post! And a great one too!

Is Gabriel going to be able to keep what he knows of the future to himself? Especially what he knows about Darth Vader...

More soon!

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks much Rebel Mom, Ejedir and Jedi Finrod!! Here's more!!

Your presence is louder and brighter then others. Alejandra had said. She thought he might be Force sensitive because of it. What he'd felt that night when he'd met her Master.., could those strange feelings he'd felt, been the Force? It was all to weird to think of him touching or sensing the Force, especially unknowingly. He glanced sideways at Alejandra who smiled and grasped his hand.

"What do you want to do now?" She asked.

Kiss you.... he thought, but said, "I don't know, how about...." He scanned the buildings surrounding the Garden. "Rock Climbing." He pointed at the tall building across the street entitled, "The Rock Garden".

"Rock climbing?" She asked, cocking an eyebrow. Gabe wondered if she'd read or sensed his earlier thought.

"Yea." Gabriel bobbed his head.

"Sounds fun." She said smiling again. Then led him across the crowded street towards the
    building.

They rented the climbing equipment, then made their way over to one of the twenty meter walls. They shrugged into their gear then stared up at the high wall.

"Ready?" Alejandra asked a few seconds later.

"Yea, sure." Gabe said, still staring up. It was a really high wall, but he'd rock climbed before. The only thing that really scared him was how achy his arms would be later, and slightly how high it was.

"I'll go first." She said, squeezing his elbow.

"Right." Gabe said, gripping the ropes and backing up a little from the wall.

"Ok, I'm going up!" She said, smiling. She grabbed to hand holds then stepped up onto the footholds, beginning her climb. A few minutes later she was nearly halfway up and Gabe blinked in amazement. He'd never seen a lady climb faster then that, he'd never really seen a man either. She hardly, if ever, had to search for new handholds or foot. And of course she chose the right side which had fewer holds, and it had more ledges.

Gabriel shook his head, he'd barely be able to match her speed on the left side. He'd come to learn in the past few days that physical strengh didn't impress her much. At least he was bigger then her.

"You paying attention down there?" She called, interrupting his thoughts. Gabe blinked, she was nearly to the top and was glancing down at him.

"Of course!" He called back, holding the ropes up for her to see.

"OK!" She called down again.

She climbed up a couple more meters, then suddenly without warning dropped. Gabriel should've known she'd test him. Grinning, he let her fall about ten meters, then held stopped her descent.

"Nice catch!" She called down, winking at him.

"Thanks!" Gabriel called up, then let her down slowly to the floor. Once she hit the bottom, he touched her arm. "Do you trust me now?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

She smiled slyly and ran her fingers through her hair before responding. "I never didn't." She then leaned forward and brush kissed his lips.

"Your turn." She said, backing up away from him.

"What if I'd rather do that again?" He teased, winking at her.

"Get up that wall." She said, playfully pushing him.

22. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, how sweet! Rock climbing! The perfect chance to fall into each other's arms! And I like the hints that Gabe is strong in the Force. Sounds like it could be important later.

23. JediFinrod

Mar 4, 2000
    As always, great post!

I agree with Jane. The rock climbing sceme was quite a strategic maneuver on Gabe's part!

24. RogueJai

RogueJai Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2000
    *grin* More? LOL his thought about strenght not impressing her and at least he's bigger was funny.

25. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Whew! Just worked my way through another padawan lunetta story to get caught up. (though the term 'work' is grossly inaccurate)

I like how your story uses original characters and keeps the others that we know so well in background roles.

And a relationship between a Jedi and a non-Jedi is somewhat rare in fanfics and you're doing a great job of telling their story.

Can't wait to read more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.