main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN A Topic for Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TheWombat, Oct 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    What do you think of the band playing the Imperial March at UT footballs games(or any game for that matter)?

A. Star Wars AND footballs? Cool, the best of both worlds!

or

B. Blasphemy!! Heresy!! Sacriledge!!! Stupid jocks.....

2. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I pick A. The best of both worlds!

Plus, the Imperial March is the perfect background music for guys knocking the snot out of each other. :p

3. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, I heard Duel of the Fates played at the Georgia game as well, but it was pretty butchered so a marching band could play it.

To be honest, I don't know what to make of it. On one hand, it's kind of neat to see that it has a cultural impact on the level that it influeneces pop culture (just like the films have IMO). On the other hand, it's kind of bad that the music isn't played the way it was composed originally and that it is taken out of context.

It's a definite shoulder-shrugger for me.

4. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    I think it rulz. Mostly because I'm such a big Vols fan, and such a big Star Wars fan, so why not mix the two? I don't think it's any different to have it at a UT football game than at an NHL or NBA game. It's all good :)

5. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I think it's cool. It combines two of my favorite things, SW and Vols.

Didn't Florida's band play it a while back? That was the only thing I liked about them. :p

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    A long time ago, my high school far, far away, our marching band played the Imperial March. They actually did a better job at it than some college bands I've heard. ;)

It is painful to hear any John Williams music played badly.

7. ginadiggers

ginadiggers Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    Well I guess that it does make sense that UT is playing the "Imperial March" considering that they are evil. He he he. You have to say that at least it is better the Mortal Kombat theme.

8. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I am re-upping this because I think we need a general social thread just to shoot the breeze and keep things lively around here.

I don't know about you guys, but me and Dave watch Aqua Teen Hunger Force among the other stuff on Adult Swim. The was an episode on a few weeks ago that was all about pop ads and the crap that goes on all over the web as of late. At the heart of the pop-ups, a cyber-man emerges who is the heart of the internet and his name is a URL. I typed it in my browser and well, it's freakin' hilarious!

*Before you go there realize that this site while funny can easily lock-up your machine and force you to restart. I cannot be held responsible for that because you have been warned!*

And here's the link:

The Wizard!

H-h-hold on.. Bu-u-ufferring! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.