main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY A topic off the topic of SW. Dragonlance

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by GotMauled, Jul 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    here is a topic off the topic of star wars but i hope we are not all that single minded.
    can any one give me any thoughts of the serise of books called "Dragon Lance" Before i get involved in somthing new i would like some opinions.

thanks.

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    What do you need to know? I collected Dragon Lance in the early 90s. It started as a AD&D roleplaying campaign (with lots of rpg books) which was supported by an excellent series of novels. There was also some other sourcebooks (like an atlas of Krynn, and a mythology /legend book, etc). I liked the stories - quite like LOTR, but still AD&D in feel. And there were some good characters. If I were to seriously consider it, I think I would take LOTR over DragonLance nowadays, LOTR just seems a little more mature. But DL was good nonetheless.

Unofficial page here - http://www.dragonlance.com/
    Some official stuff here - http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=books/dragonlance

When I had to cut several hobbies cos it was getting too expensive, unfortunately this one had to go. There are a lot of books to get, if you are serious about getting into it. I think Wizards of the Coast still produce material for it, and there are new novels if I have seen right on the WOTC website.

3. Cailinn-Sarr

Cailinn-Sarr Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2001
    Well GM,Dragonlance to me,IMO, is the all time greatest fantasy book series of all time.I read them when they first came out in the 80's & still love them now.If you go to "Dragonlance-the movie.com" you can check out the previews for the film they want to make(I think thats the site).To me the first 6 books are the best one's.Hope you enjoy them they are great.BTW,Raistlin is the shiznit.

Orin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.