main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A tough week for the "unspoiled"

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    AHHHHHHH!

It seems TFN is "relaxing" its hidden text spoiler policies. I guess I will have to avoid the main page for the next week.

It's a shame to be realtively spoiler free for 3 years only to have it come crashing down just before the official opening.

2. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    I've already made mental notes of sites that I am going to avoid for the next 7 days, TF.N being one them (well, except for our little board here).

I'm also trying to be careful about avoiding many magazines that might have spoiler-filled reviews, and I'm trying to be careful who I chat with online, as I know a few people that have a nasty tendancy to let things slip without realizing it...

It's going to be tough week... Just have to be careful and hope for the best. :)

3. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah, I still can't believe that Yoda is Anakin's father. They should have hid that one better.

4. Red_Jedi_Knight

Red_Jedi_Knight Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i figured out too much on my own!! must see movie to save myself from thinking!! well actually many of my friends would say it's not that hard. i must stop looking at magazines!!

OHH IF YOU GET GAMER DO NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT LOOK AT THE NEW 150 CARDS IN THE TCG!!!!!! TRUST ME!!! PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!!

thanks
    *red

5. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    You're kidding, right Wampas?

I haven't been to the main page in months.

6. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Actually, Yoda is Anakin's mother, as long as we're giving away spoilers. It also turns out that R2-D2 is the love child of a wayward R5-D4 unit and an Imperial Interrogation Droid.

7. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I love watching you guys. Unfortunatley in my past life I had to see everything up front, I also still get stuff from all over. Pieces of the script, storyboards etc.

I have decided that for the next one to remain 90% spoiler free. It can be done.

Now a note of hope- for those who have heard stuff or worse SEEN some pictures don't worry. There are SEVERAL secrets that know one knows and have not come out. So don't fret, when you hear or see them your mouth's will drop, and will asked to be slapped silly!

The truth is even knowing the entire thing- It still surprised me. Keep to the solitude, IT WILL BE WORTH IT! This is a great film, and it should with all hope restore the fandom we once new and loved so much. Trekkers beware, Farscapers look out, Galacticans- move over...Star Wars is back and it will dominate the screens this summer. I have faith in this.

Eric

8. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Ohhhhh Mannnn....

I'm all a tingle!

If ERIC raves about it its GOT to be good!

:)

9. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    That's what *I* said.

Jeff

10. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    I think you're sadly mistaken about Star Wars taking over things. According to an ABC commercial, the New York Post said, "Move over Spider-man and Star Wars, here comes Dinotopia." Dinotopia baby! Awwww yeah. When do the figures go on sale you think?

11. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I don't know..."The New Guy" might just surprise everybody.

12. Figrin_D_an

Figrin_D_an Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2002
    Hmmm... yeah... I think they missed the dinosaur bandwagon by about 8-9 years...

It was called 'Jurassic Park,' and I seriously doubt it will ever be topped as the king of dinosaur flicks...

Sorry... no soup for you... ;)

13. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah, but you don't get it, and this is the really cool part... One of the talking raptors in Dinotopia? Yoda's father. As for Dinotopia, it sounds like a lovely lizard pudding.

14. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    If you are going to spoil, do it right. The truth is that Yoda is Anni's mother and C3PO is his father. That is why he is "more machine than man" in the end. The "twisted and evil" part has to do with the company he keeps.

15. Idaara

Idaara Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    I'll say it's tough to remain unspoiled this last week. I made the mistake of looking at the SW toys (I should have waited), and one of them gave away a major part of the movie (or at least for me). :( One spoiler down, hopefully no more to go. And I was doing so well...

My best friend is a bad person, and I made it a point to tell her so. She got the novel for AOTC at the library and has already read it. I made her promise not to tell me a thing about it...she's doing a good job so far. She is, however, chomping at the bit to tell me something from in it. It's a good thing she lives in Virginia and I here...then she at least can't spill her guts in person by mistake since we only talk once every week by phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.