A Tragic Event

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by excalibur2358, Sep 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. excalibur2358 Jedi Master

star 4
    My friends, I can not believe what has occured today. As you no doubt have heard, the US has been struck by the cold hand of terrorists. Innocent people have died. Populated areas have been devestated. And for what? A religious theory? Politics?
    Anger, fear, agression...
    Now the people of the United States have suffered or are in shock. How can man justify death? And how does a person think they can be right by believing they should be able to kill someone?

I ask you to either post a moment of silence or post your hopes. This is beyond words. excal
  2. the-Ewan-Pixie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Already old, the question, Who shall die? Becomes unspoken 'who is innocent?' For death in war is done by hands, Suicide has cause, and stillbirth logic; And cancer simple as a flower blooms. But this invites the occult mind, cancels our physics with a sneer, and spatters all we knew of denouement across the expedient and wicked stones.

What is this world that I and the children and the children to follow us, what is this world we live in? And how are we to dream?

All I have been doing is crying...and ...i don't want to cry anymore. Two huge tragic events in one teenage lifetime is too much.

Luv and god bless to all,
    EP
  3. Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod

star 6
  4. ApprenticeM Jedi Master

star 4
  5. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    In light of what's happened today, it's hard to know where to be on this. On one hand, in this country, we shouldn't stoop to the level of the terroists and exact revenge. We have an obligation to be an example to the world. On the other hand, we need to let these people know they can't get away with this. They can run but they can't hide. I especially like what President Bush said tonight. In essence, those who harbor the terrorists will be held in the same regard as the terrorists themselves. Myself, I don't believe in revenge, but those responsible need to pay. Preferably with their lives. Not very Christian of me I know, but this is inexcuseable. To put it all in a nut shell- "Thou shalt not kill" but "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". Both sides of the scale balanced very precariously.

My biggest fear right now, is for the Islamic population of this country and the world. There are simple minded people in this country who will associate everyone of the Islamic faith with the terrorists. 99.9999999999, etc% of these people are regular people, who want to live in peace, raise their families, etc. It's the .0000000001% that give everyone else a bad name. The nut jobs get all the publicity and the good people will feel the sting of hatred and prejudice simply because of their accidental religious/ethnic association with those evil, pathetic cowards. If the terrorists had anything resembling honor, they'd call the U.S. out and meet equally on the battlefield. Like the saying goes, one bad apple spoils the bunch.

I can only hope we, as a country and as a world population, can band together and prove we are bigger than those who try intimidate us. My prayers go out to all the victims, their families and everyone affected by today's events. Please pray to whatever God/Goddess/Deity you believe in, for the victims.

Peace,
    Craig
  6. sabrelight Force Ghost

star 4
    A very sad day indeed. We got the new here late, I was writing a post for my new story and My sister called me, I for got about my post and the computer-(Late in the night I remembered to put it off) The tragedy has shaken my very being. I cannot believe any one can do this and think its will have any benefit to them. How can the deaths of innocents benefit anybody.

I just sat there, praying that I'm watching some movie and it isn't really hapenning.

Its too sad, I pray for all the victims and I pray for the those families who's lost loved one.

I'm shocked very, very shocked-I have to take a tranquilizer to get sleep- it just wouldn't leave my mind.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.