main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Trial of Friends--Anakin/OC FRIENDSHIP-- COMPLETED 4/1! No joke here!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Jessie_Anne, Mar 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jedi_Jessie_Anne Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Whoa! This green is awfully bright...
    Come on, Anakin! Use those Chosen One powers to get your butts out of this sling!
    Not this time...as stated above, he can't do anything about it.

2. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    Woohoo! Page 2!

Back to Obi, Mace, and Mordo...plus: enter Luminara and Barriss!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Just where are you two going?" Mace asked, spotting Obi-Wan and Mordo in the hangar at the Temple.

"Anakin and Jezeeka are in trouble. Their ship's hyperdrive and engines have malfunctioned," Obi-Wan explained, pausing half-way up the loading ramp of a small cruiser, Mordo right behind him. "We're going to help them."

Why am I not surprised..."All right. Be careful, and may the Force--"

He was cut off by the sound of Obi-Wan's comlink beeping again. "Now what?" Obi-Wan said, frustrated, as he pulled the comlink off his belt. "Yes, Anakin?"

"Master, our problems just got a lot worse."

"What is it?"

"There is a thermal detonator in our forward engine."

Oh, no, Obi-Wan thought. That is not good. "Have you located the device, Anakin?"

"Yes, Master. It's set to go off in sixty hours--two and a half days. It would have gone off when we arrived on Coruscant, if our hyperdrive had not malfunctioned. Jezeeka believes--and I agree with her--that some of the natives of Triffis were the cause of the malfuction. They tampered with the hyperdrive and the engines, and planted the thermal detonator as a backup in case their plan with the hyperdrive didn't work. Unfortunately, the fact that the hyperdrive did malfunction does not have any effect on the detonator, and it is still active. I can't do anything about it, and I fear that you and Master Dyartes will not be able to reach us in time."

He's right, we'll never make it..."Anakin, listen. Are there any escape pods on your ship?"

"Yes."

"Stay on the ship as long as you can. Give yourselves about fifteen minutes before the detonator goes off, and get into one of the escape pods. Once the escape pod is away, let it drift far enough from the ship that it will not be affected by the explosion. Afterwards, keep the pod in the general area of your current position. Once Master Dyartes and I get there, we'll use a tractor beam to pull you in. Understand?"

"Yes, Master. However, even if we do get far enough away from the ship that the explosion itself does not affect the pod, we'll still get buffeted pretty badly from the force of the explosion. We're probably going to have some bruises, among other injuries."

"I'm aware of that. We'll bring a healer with us."

"All right. We'll see you in a few days, then."

"May the Force be with you, Anakin."

"May the Force be with you, Master."

Turning off his comlink, Obi-Wan ran his hand over his face. "This just keeps getting worse and worse."

"I'll send for Barriss Offee. She is skilled in the healing arts, and she is here on Coruscant at the moment. She can go with you," Mace offered.

Obi-Wan nodded, and within minutes, Barriss Offee and her Master, Luminara Unduli, joined them. "Obi-Wan and Mordo will explain the situation to you on the way," Mace told them. "But right now is not the time. You must leave, now. May the Force be with you all."

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    An escape pod? Hmmm...I'm wondering if the sabetours (have no idea if I spelled that correctly) will have thought of that contingency plan as well?

The suspense is building with each post! Keep going!

4. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    No, the saboteurs did not think about escape pods; if they had, then Ani and Zeeka would never be rescued--they'd be dead.

This post is Ani/Zeeka friendship mush, I guess you'd call it, and a teensy bit of mother/child interaction between Jezeeka and her baby.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anakin sat in the main area of the ship, Jezeeka beside him. They had abandoned the cockpit some hours ago, getting as far away from the forward engine as they could. Both were terribly frightened, though Anakin could tell that Jezeeka was trying to hide it. Probably for her child's sake. The baby can feel her emotions more clearly than anyone else right now, and it's not safe to expose the child to dark-side emotions too soon, especially since the baby can't comprehend those emotions. Such a mishap would have terrible consequences for the child.

"Zeeka, are you all right?" he asked, reaching over to put his arm around her shoulders, trying to be of some help to his distraught friend.

Grateful for his comfort, she leaned back, resting her head against his shoulder. "I'm okay. But I'm so scared...I never thought things would end like this..."

Anakin couldn't believe that he'd heard what he was sure he had heard. This was not the same Jezeeka he had befriended all those years ago. Back then, Jezeeka would never give up without a fight, yet here she was now, resigning herself to an uncertain fate. I think her pregnancy is messing with her head a little..."Zeeka, our fate is not yet certain. We may get out of this alive."

She smiled, a small and sad smile, but a smile nonetheless. Closing her eyes, she fell within herself, using the Force to once again connect with her child. She could feel the baby's fluttering fear, but after a moment, the fear faded, replaced by what might be called curiosity, if such a thing was possible in such an undeveloped mind. Can he--or she--feel the touch? she wondered. Another mental image came to her, but this one was much more calming...a tiny hand, curled around her finger...

It's all right, little one...Mother's here, and I won't let anything happen to you.

5. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Awww... That was a sweet post. I liked the mother/baby bonding.

6. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    I'm glad you enjoyed that one. I know I enjoyed writing it.

Just so you guys know, there probably won't be a bunch of updates today, 'cause I think my mom is taking me and my brothers to see Return of the King again (this will be the fifth time I've seen it), so I'll be gone for a good portion of the day.

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Can he--or she--feel the touch? she wondered. Another mental image came to her, but this one was much more calming...a tiny hand, curled around her finger...

I absolutely LOVED this line, so poignant. Keep up the good work, I look forward to updates.

8. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    Okay, I'm back now, and I spent yesterday evening working on this next post, where Luminara and Barriss find out what's going on.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All right, Obi-Wan, what's this all about? What's going on?" Luminara asked her friend as their ship entered hyperspace.

Obi-Wan sighed and leaned back in his chair. "We're going to rescue Anakin and Jezeeka Raynid. Their ship is dead in space, and they have discovered a thermal detonator in one of their engines. There isn't anything they can do to deactivate the detonator, and we can't get there before the detonator goes off. I've told them to stay on the ship as long as they can, then to evacuate the ship in one of the escape pods. The explosion itself will not harm them, but they're going to get thrown around a bit in that esape pod. They're bound to get hurt. I wanted someone aboard who could tend to their injuries."

Barriss was not satisfied with this explanation. "Somehow, Master Kenobi, I feel that there is more to this than you wish to tell us."

Obi-Wan and Mordo exchanged glances, unsure of whether they should tell Barriss and Luminara yet. Finally, Mordo spoke. "Several months ago, Jezeeka was sent to Triffis to investigate rumors of a Sith cult there. She found the cult, but they found her, too. They held her captive, and one of them raped her. She is now six months pregnant."

Luminara, who had watched young Jezeeka mature and grow under Mordo's tutelage, was truly speechless. Why do all the bad things happen to all the good people in this galaxy? she thought. "Does the Council know of this?"

"Yes."

"What are they going to do?"

"Jezeeka is not the one at fault. They are letting her stay in the Order, as I feel they should. What happens to the child is Jezeeka's decision."

Luminara exchanged glances with her Padawan, unsure of what to think. She could see written on Barriss's face the same uncertainty and astonishment that she was feeling.

Silently, she prayed to the gods of her homeworld, Mirial, in hopes that they, and the Force, would keep Anakin and Jezeeka safe.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    There might be more later, I don't know.

9. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Now that was just a teaser, right? You HAVE to post more today...

10. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    No, that was the actual post. Sorry it's so short, but I'm pretty sure there will be more later--I'm working on the next post as we speak.

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    A pity if he can't do anything about it. Him being mechanically inclined and all.

Loving this so far!! Can't wait for another update! :D

12. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    Yay! New reader! Welcome. And I'm glad you like it.

As far as Anakin's mechanical abilities go, I did say the detonator was rigged--if he tampers with it, it will override its timer and go off immediately.

I'm desperately trying to finish the next post before we leave to go to my grandma's in about thirty-five minutes. If I don't get it up before I leave, I will put it up first thing when I get back this afternoon.

13. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    Here it is! You guys are gonna hate me for this one...
    The hours passed like days--slower than a drunk Hutt, as Anakin mentally put it. Better go see how much time we have left. Carefully pulling his arm out from behind the sleeping Jezeeka, he picked his way back to where he'd found the detonator. Seconds later, he was scrambling back out, trying not to get tangled in the mess of wires and cables. Unfortunately, in his haste, he overlooked a large set of wires on the floor, tripping over them and proceeding to get his legs caught in them. Struggling to untangle himself, he called out to his friend. Even if I can't get out, I can make sure she does...*Zeeka!* He hoped it had been strong enough to wake her.

He heard her reply a moment later. *Anakin? Where are you?*

*I went to see how much time we have left. You need to get in one of the escape pods and get out of here. Now. You only have about ten minutes left before the detonator explodes, and you have to get the pod far enough away so that you won't get hurt too badly.*

*What about you?!*

*I got tangled up in a bunch of wires. Just go!*

*No! Not without you!*

*Zeeka, now! Go, please. For your baby's sake, you have to get out! Don't worry about me. Go!*

He could feel her uncertainty at the idea of leaving him there, but she finally gave in. *Okay.*

*May the Force be with you and your child...And Zeeka?*

*Yes, Anakin?*

*Tell my master I'm sorry. Tell him I'm sorry I couldn't have been the apprentice he needed me to be.*

It broke Jezeeka's heart to hear Anakin so resigned, but there was nothing she could do for him now. *Oh, Anakin...all right, I'll tell him. You were a great friend.*

*Thank you, Zeeka. You were a great friend, too. And farewell.*

*Farewell, Anakin Skywalker. And may the Force be with you on your next journey.*
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Seconds later, Jezeeka was climbing into one of the escape pods and shutting the hatch behind her. Once she felt she was far enough away from the ship, she looked back, waiting as the minutes ticked by. Tears streamed across her face as she watched the detonator go off, and the ship exploded into flaming pieces. Turning away, she hid her face in her hands and wept for Anakin.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :_|
    Aren't I evil? [face_devil]

14. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Uh uh! No way! Not happening! VaderLVR sticks her fingers in her ears and sings to herself... Happy thoughts (Ewan in the shower) Happy Place (Anakin doing just about anything)...La la la la la

15. DarthArwen

DarthArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2003
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Words fail me!LOL! More soon!

By the way that was an EVIL cliffy!

16. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    Told you you were gonna hate me for that...UP!

17. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    :eek: :eek:

Nuh-uh. No way. You did not just kill off Anakin. Did you?!?

That was an evil cliffie. :p

Okay, he told her to get in "one of the escape pods." I refuse to give up hope. :p

18. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    Uh-oh, Gina's starting to figure me out...

19. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    Obi-Wan, Mordo, Luminara, and Barriss all watched as the ship reverted back to realspace. The sight that greeted them tore at their hearts: the remains of Anakin and Jezeeka's ship, floating aimlessly through the area.

At the same moment, Mordo felt a wave of grief and anguish over his bond with his former Padawan, and the sheer force of it made him wince.

"What is it, Mordo?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Zeeka is in pain...not physical pain, though. Something has terribly upset her," he said.

Dread filled Obi-Wan when reality suddenly hit him in the face: he could not sense Anakin in the Force. That can only mean one thing...he thought, deeply saddened. No, please, no. Anything but that...

It didn't take them long to locate the escape pod and pull it in with their tractor beam.

Rushing to the loading bay, the four Jedi found Jezeeka carefully crawling out of the pod. They immediately recognized the fact that she was alone.

As the other three Jedi watched, Mordo instantly went to Jezeeka's side, reaching to gently embrace her. She said nothing, but gripped her former Master tightly.

Finally, Mordo pulled away from Jezeeka, though somewhat reluctant to do so. "Zeeka, where is Anakin?" he asked.

Tears filled her eyes anew at the mention of her friend's name, and she shook her head in despair. "He...he didn't make it out," she managed to say, confirming Obi-Wan's fear.

Barriss and Luminara both gasped in horror at the news, and Obi-Wan leaned against the doorframe for support. Mordo, now understanding the cause of Jezeeka's inner turmoil, hugged her again, letting her weep against his shoulder.

"How?" Obi-Wan finally said.

Jezeeka lifted her head for a moment. "What?"

"How? How did he die? Why did he not get into the pod as well?"

She hesitated, then replied. "He had gone back to check the timer on the detonator, only to realize that we only had about ten minutes left. The time had passed so slowly, we lost track. As he was trying to get back to me, he tripped over some wires and became entangled in them. He called to me through the Force and told me to get out. He wasn't able to untangle himself before..." she trailed off, unwilling to finish, then added, "He told me to tell you...he said he is sorry that he could not have been the apprentice you needed him to be."

That brought tears to Obi-Wan's eyes. He thought he had failed me. He thought that I was disappointed in him...and he died believing that. Anakin, I'm so sorry you felt that way...if only I could make it up to you...

He remained silent for a time, then, suddenly, he straightened, a flicker of hope crossing his face. I did not feel Anakin's death, therefore, he cannot be dead..."Jezeeka?"

"Yes, Master Kenobi?" she responded, lifting her head from Mordo's shoulder.

"Did you actually feel Anakin's death, or no?"

"No, but given my emotional state of mind at the time, I may have simply missed it," she said.

He turned to the others. "Did any of you feel it?" All of them shook their heads. "Then he is not dead."

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    "Then he is not dead."

You tell 'em Obi-Wan. I refuse to believe my Anakin is dead, so there. I will continue on in my blissful ignorance...Still singing with my fingers in my ears!

21. DarthArwen

DarthArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2003
    Good job Obi-Wan is talking some sense, that's all I can say! You really are building up the suspense as to what has happened to Anakin aren't you?!

More soon!

22. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Woo-hoo! So he is alive!

23. Jedi_Jessie_Anne

Jan 4, 2004
    Yes, I know it's short.
    Obi-Wan went back to the cockpit, hoping to find some trace of Anakin in the field of debris surrounding the ship. Luminara went with him. Barriss, however, stayed with Mordo and Jezeeka.

Standing, Mordo carefully helped Jezeeka to her feet. Barriss moved forward to gently hug Jezeeka. Like Anakin, Barriss was close friends with the young Knight, and was truly grateful to see her alive. "Are you hurt, Zeeka?"

"Just a few bruises. Nothing I can't tolerate," Jezeeka replied.

"What about the baby?"

"I think the baby's okay. I would have felt it if something happened."

Barriss nodded, and the three went to join Luminara and Obi-Wan in the cockpit. For several hours, they scanned the area, going in circles, closely examining every single piece of the wreck. Suddenly, Jezeeka spotted something that looked very much like the escape pod she had been in. "What is that?" she asked, shifting in her chair for what seemed like the millionth time to Barriss.

As Obi-Wan carefully manuevered the ship closer to the object she had pointed out, Barriss turned to Jezeeka. "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine. Just a little uncomfortable. I have been for hours," Jezeeka answered. Supressing a yawn, she stood. "I'm going to lie down for a while. I'm getting tired."

Barriss and Luminara exchanged concerned glances. If Jezeeka went into labor out here...

Obi-Wan peered very carefully at what appeared to be another escape pod from Anakin and Jezeeka's ship, then hit a switch on the console, activating a bio-scanner. Since he could not sense Anakin in the Force, but had not felt Anakin's death, he assumed that Anakin was only unconscious.

The scan showed that there was no life-form--living or dead--onboard the pod. Blast! How many escaped pods were on the ship any--

His thoughts were abrubtly interrupted when they heard Jezeeka cry out, clearly in pain. Instantly knowing the cause, Barriss and Luminara left the cockpit to help her, while Mordo and Obi-Wan remained to continue the search for Anakin.
    Can things possibly get any more complicated?

24. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, no.

Yes, I would say things definitely just got more complicated.

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    All right, who stole Anakin? I want my Ani back!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.