main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***A Trial of Pain Teaser Trailer*** and Rotoscopers needed

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Vi3tBoi53, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vi3tBoi53

Vi3tBoi53 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    THE TRAILER

Here you go, the teaser trailer to A Trial of Pain, its only 26 secs, pretty short. Well anyways, its about a young Jedi who has fallen to the darkside and Jexxen, his former companion has to stop him. I'm not really happy about the rotoscoping for the trailer, but that was good enough for a trailer only. The actual film will be better. Hope you like it, critics are welcome.

A Trial of Pain Teaser Trailer

Rotoscoping Info.

Yeah, we need some more rotoscopers for the film. We have 3 so far, but we need about 5 more. If anyone would like to help, please PM me or Email me at vi3tboi53@yahoo.com. Each person would do about 10 secs of the scene right now, the whole entire fight scene would be about 5 - 7 mins, some dialogue included in the fight, each person would do about 20 - 30 secs of that sequence. We would send it to eachother using AIM, or sending the link with email using yousendit.com. There are 4 sabers we have to roto in the film, 2 sabers(double-bladed) and the other 2 sabers(single). Also, send me a sample clip of your work, so I can see if you are good or not. I will also send what we have so far of the film. Some screenshots, clips, script etc. Say Hi to the director too, his name on here is SithJeff, as some of you may know him. Well, I hope I get good responses, and I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving![face_chicken]

Screenshots

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Vi3tBoi53/Alongtimeago.jpg]

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Vi3tBoi53/OpeningCrawl1.jpg]

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Vi3tBoi53/OpeningCrawl2.jpg]

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Vi3tBoi53/OpeningCrawl3.jpg]

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Vi3tBoi53/Planet.jpg]

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Vi3tBoi53/Maskar1.jpg]

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Vi3tBoi53/Jexxen.jpg]

[image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a184/Vi3tBoi53/MaskarandJexxen.jpg]

2. sithjeff

sithjeff Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2005
    Thank you, vi3tboi. We would like to see what everyone thinks about this trailer.

If intrested in rotoscoping, once again PM vi3tboi53 or myself. There will be 4 sabers to rotoscope. A green double ended saber (both ends, together counts as two sabers), a red saber (which you see in this trailer), and a yellow saber (which you see me wielding in this trailer).

Thanks,
    Jeff

3. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    --downloading--

ok, cool...in the forest...what's new!! Looks good, nice choice of saber colors, very original!

4. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    Uh, could we get some larger screenshots?

5. sithjeff

Sep 2, 2005
    K I'll ask vi3tboi for some larger pics. Did you like it though?

6. Vi3tBoi53

Jul 7, 2005
    The quality would look really bad if I made them larger, the resolution of the camera was 160 x 120, the camera man forgot to change the resolution size to 740 x 420 or w/e that was.

7. swimmerman91

swimmerman91 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2005
    can you watch the film and make it bigger then??

8. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    so is the entire movie just the fight or will there be more than just the scene that we saw in the trailer?

9. Vi3tBoi53

Jul 7, 2005
    It will be more than just the fight. Like a real story. That trailer, was a short one we wanted to do out of one shot. We will make another trailer with the dialogue and story in it. Some fighting too.

10. sithjeff

Sep 2, 2005
    Yes there will be a fulllength trailer that will reveal more of the fight locations and dialogue and more of the story.

11. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    The quality would look really bad if I made them larger, the resolution of the camera was 160 x 120

Wow.

Wow.

You know, that's HALF VHS resolution? That's insane. I'd just give up and reshoot.

12. Master_Chikan

Master_Chikan Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    ^^ Agreed... was this by any chance one of those Aiptek Pencams? I had one a few years ago... shot at that resolution... could handle a whole whopping 20 seconds of video... W00t! lol

13. sithjeff

Sep 2, 2005
    I'm changing it on the camera from now on.

14. sithjeff

Sep 2, 2005
    No, its a samsung mini dv camera. I jut need to change the settings on the camera.

15. lakeridgelaxjedi

lakeridgelaxjedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2005
    hey umm not tht it matters but im the other person i n the film[face_peace] .. so enjoy!!

16. sithjeff

Sep 2, 2005
    Ok. We're getting off topic. Stick to critiquing the teaser and/or the screenshots.

Thanks,
    Jeff

17. Red-2

Red-2 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    Nice choreo at the end.

18. Lightsaber_Monster

Lightsaber_Monster Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2005
    Firstly, I liked the trailer, but you sabers have a very bright glow, put the opacity down on your glow layers,

Secondly, the trailer told me nothing about the film, It just seemed like a very very short coregorapy test

Also Is anything in the film going to be CGI?, Except the planet and the opening titles + credits

19. sithjeff

Sep 2, 2005
    Good questions. This is just a teaser trailer, it did reveal very much. We will be making a fulllength trailer thatwill reveal more of the storyline/plot. No it is not just a fight, there is a story, and much dialogue. I'm glad that you liked it. Vi3tboi said he wasn't very happy with the rotoscoping. A different rotoscoper usually does the yello saber (my saber) that is why you may have noticed it looks weird. And about the CGI, some of this will be shot on a greenscreen and the backgrounds will be either animated or taken from pictures, but i bet you it will be probably be CGI (still looking for someone to volunteer for this) because there aren't many pictures of what we're looking for. (the outside and inside of a jedi training facility)

Thanks,
    Jeff

20. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    I agree with what's been said about the res; needs to be larger with more quality. From what I could see, the costumes looked pretty good. It looked very forresty-common if you know what I mean (like what swimmerman said). The plot also sounds a little basic from what I could tell; a jedi falls to dark side and another jedi must save him. Appart from that, I look forward to seeing the movie. It's nice to know that you're actually going to get somewheere with this movie.

Hope all goes well [face_peace]

21. lakeridgelaxjedi

lakeridgelaxjedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2005
    ya thnks for all of the ideas and comments were all very excited about this film. [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.