A true jedi costume......or an original???

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by cyodarun, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    After 25 years of being a SW fan I simply must have my own costume.....(about time right?) I have a few ideas, a different kind of a Jedi costume using heavy weight satin, maybe a little leather.....who knows what else may come up? I would like to incorporate some unique lighting and possibly some airbrushing...... so my question, is this line of thinking a little to far fetched? Should I stick with the traditional look, or go for something that makes a statement....mostly, I do not want to embarrass myself........
  2. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
  3. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
  4. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    when i get my patterns i am gonna make a normal set and then make some unique ones. it will be more fun that way.
  5. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    Have you seen the glow wire stuff? Done right, wow, it could be awesome!
  6. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    i am thinking of getting soem that stuff if it doesnt require messing with too much wires. i have a bad time with power. is it kit that wired his armor with that stuff?
  7. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
  8. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    how does that stuff compare to glow wire?
  9. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    Have you seen his outfit, it kicks! However, I suspect he is much more skilled in that area than you and I :)

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    yeah i have not seen the costume yet. acutally i have yet to meet a single member of the fanforce. i need a car to meet you guys first.

and he is probably way more skilled than i ever will be. but it would be cool to see that up close. ever better to have a glowing costume.
  11. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    DarthJurist, great site! I take that as a vote for the far fetched, original, knock your socks off model..... :D I was hoping you would say that!
  12. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I modified the basic design for my pseudo-jedi outfit, and asked Kreleia to make it for me. I took a tradional gi-style jacket and pants for starters, the jacket was navy blue and pants were black. Then instead of the traditional tabbards and sash, I had the two shoulder pieces about 6 inches wide sewn into a belt also 6 inches wide to make a pull over vest, the difference is that there is no dangling pieces. This was also black, then a simple blue sash tied around it and knotted on one side...almost swashbuckler style.

I'm waiting to get pics back from one of our parties to show you. But I'm all for customization. I think that a costume should reflect what you want and not stick to somebody elses strict limitations. Go for anything you want.
  13. Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Your patterns are coming soon Birr! :) Don't start to freak out just yet. ;)
  14. DarthJurist Admin Emeritus

star 5
    DarthJurist, great site! I take that as a vote for the far fetched, original, knock your socks off model..... I was hoping you would say that!

Do what makes you happy. ;)
  15. Java_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I like doing the customes. More room to play... best bet?... GO FOR IT!!!! I know a few ppl who are of the mind that if it hasn't been done yet, then the great Lucas didn't want it done. Personally... who cares...lol... I would think he would be flattered to see how many ppl run with the ball and let their creative sides out. ;)

The glow idea is very cool indeed. Love to see pics if ya go that route. Have fun and good luck. :D
  16. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Personally I love to see creative costumes, I'm not doing one myself since I get to explain who I am when going as Padme a bit too often, I don't want to explain that I'm not a film character at all.

Anyway, I'm just babbling, I think your idea sound really fun.
  17. cyodarun Retired RMFF CR

star 4
    Just returned from picking up my DVD......strolled around a few fabric shops.....I think the heavy weight satin! I like the way it drapes :) Now I just need to hear back from my airbrush guy, to see if he can paint on it ???

18. Slowmo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Along these lines, someone mentioned to me the other day about Jedi from different systems making their robes different or with various colors to represent their home system. Has anyone seen a breakdown of something like this? I think it would be intersting to learn something like this. You'd have to love a Corellian Jedi with a blood stripe and the reckless attitude they are known for.

Doug
  19. Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA

star 5
    i thought that all corellian wore just green robes like described in I,Jedi.

i am gonna make some of those too
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.