main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A turning point...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DarthSlimer, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSlimer

DarthSlimer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2001
    Hey, not many of you know anything about my personal life (other than the fact that I'm the New Yorker of the bunch). Regardless, I'm in a good mood, and I figure I'd share the news with all of you. Today marks a new chapter in my life. I have offically "quit my dayjob".

This was my last semester at film school. Having completed only half of the credits required to graduate, I came to the decision that the education I was recieving was not worth the price. I took a Leave of Absence... Indefinitely.

Fast forward one month. I'm working as a cinematographer for an acting studio downtown. I get to work with an incredible amount of talented actors (many of whom I have admired for years), and on top of that, I'm being paid... Handsomely. ;)

Today I handed in my two-weeks notice at the gym, and things are well. Forgive me for clogging up the boards with such a self-indulgent thread... But, hey I'm allowed to be excited.

- Rico

2. NitroBlade

NitroBlade Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2004
    Wow! That just proves what everyone's been saying, you don't need films school.

Congrats man...

Take me with you!!!!

3. djr33

djr33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    sounds great :) have lots of fun, let us know how its going :)

4. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    A film school once sent me a video of some of their students' best work, after I had told them that filmmaking was an interest of mine.

After letting it sit for a while, I opened it up and watched some of the student films. Good God, was that a bad idea. I got through five or six of them, and only one made any sense whatsoever. They ranged from incoherent skits to giant jumbles of crappy video editing effects mixed with odd/disturbing stills and clips. My conclusion: What. The. ****.

In other words, I'm going into architecture.

Anyway, good luck with your new job. Congrats.

5. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Hmmm, architexture or filmmaking, which one pays the most?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.