main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Twist of Fate - Kyp/Jaina, Jag (AU , NJO, RD/RS) *** AUTHOR'S MESSAGE 2/20/09 ***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Abby, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP!UP! please!

2. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    I just re-read the whole thing.....glad to see I'm still on the PM list.....

Are we still going forward with this story?

3. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    A great big thank you to sticks, skywalkerlover00, Jedi-Roxy, and C3SoloP0 for the comments/ups. I know it's been forever and more since I updated this, but I just like this story too much to let it die, so I'll say that yes, I still plan to go forward with it, but expect the going to be slow.

I'm moving and will actually have an office all for me that I can arrange to my liking. I am hoping that this change of space will be beneficial and that my office will prove a fruitful place (for writing that is ;) ).

Thanks again for hanging in there. I will add those who asked to the PM list (just maybe not right this moment). Anyone wishing to be added or removed, please let me know.

*bows to her loyal and very very very patient readers*

Abby

4. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    ups I says!

5. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Ups and I still want PMs

6. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Wow, I love Kyp/Jaina, and this is definitely one of my favs so far!! Might I ask PMs for updates?

7. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Everyone and anyone who wants PMs will certainly get them :) . . . here's hoping for a reason to :(. I'm sorry to be such a bad updater, but real life stinks. It still pleases me to see this on the first page and I'm glad so many of you are still hanging in there.

~Abby~

8. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    LOL
    Great Fic P.Pm. Me

9. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    This is a great fic! If you have the time I would REALLY love to see this one get updated. ([face_batting])

Once again, great job!=D=

10. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    ha this is far too funny!!!! really really really great is there any chance of it continuing? This is so cool!!! Can i have a PM if it does?

PHGS Weyr

11. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Okay, first of all, THANK YOU (and yes, I'm shouting, but in a good way) to everyone who has commented, encouraged, upped and everything else in between. I appreciate every one of you!

I am posting this just before I leave for work, so I plan on sending out PMs tomorrow morning. If you stumble across this, and are on the PM list but haven't received one, this is why.

So, without further ramblings from me, here is Part 28!

*~*

Part 28

*~*

Borleias Occupation, Day 65
    Two Hours Later

?Message for you, sir.?

Wes Janson looked up from his plate of bland mess hall fare and into the youthful face of a sandy-haired human male. The young man extended his hand, and in it he held datacard.

Janson nodded his head and took the card from the youth?s hand. ?Who from?? he inquired.

?Don?t know, sir,? he replied.

Instantly suspicious, Wes narrowed his eyes in scrutiny. ?Don?t know . . . or aren?t telling??

To his credit, not a hint of emotion coloured the youth?s boyish features. ?I don?t know, sir,? he repeated, then turned and headed out of the hall at an even, unhurried pace.

Wes set the datacard on the table in front of him, eyeing the device as though it might explode. He had pulled so many pranks and practical jokes on others over the years that he was never sure who might be around seeking revenge. Sometimes even the most brilliantly hilarious stunt had unexpected repercussions.

He chided himself for this foolish train of thought. After all, who in their right mind would even consider trying something so dangerous as pranking Wes Janson. Wes pulled his datapad out of a pocket and loaded the card. The message contained within appeared instantly.

Wes Janson, esteemed leader of the Tanaab Yellow Aces,

By now I am certain you have learned the identity of Twin Suns One.
    Imagine my own surprise when I learned who belonged to the charming
    voice with which I had the
    pleasure of chatting earlier today.

It has been a long time since I have had the chance to hear about the
    infamous escapades of Wes Janson, and I relish the chance to do so now
    that I am old enough to
    fully appreciate them.

I would like to extend to you an invitation to join me for dinner
    tonight at 2100 hours, on the roof of the biotics building. I shall
    be quite disappointed if you decline.

I look forward to getting
    reacquainted.

Yours,
    Goddess Jaina Solo,
    Twin Suns

Wes re-read the message several times before tossing the datapad onto the table as though it had burnt his hand.

?What,? he asked aloud, ?are you going to do about this??

Wes stared into his cup of caf while he considered his options. He supposed the letter could simply be an innocent request. After all, he had known Jaina?s family since before she was born. Certainly that could be the reasoning behind her invitation . . . that and the fact that Jaina herself was now an X-Wing pilot would clearly provide the basis for a friendly and probably interesting conversation.

Yes, surely that was it.

Surely suggesting they meet on a darkened rooftop meant nothing more than getting some fresh air. Surely she meant nothing by emphasizing specific words of her message; it could have been done by accident. Surely by reacquainted she didn?t mean . . .

Wes barely suppressed a shudder. Who was he fooling? Clearly Jaina had some ulterior motive for inviting him to dinner, and he was quite certain that it would prove somehow detrimental to his own wellbeing. If his hunches were correct, and he were to so much as consider going, Han Solo would surely hunt him down and individually pluck every hair from his body before introducing him to his trusty BlasTech.

On the same token, if he didn?t go, he might find himself facing the equally disastrous consequences of snubbing a young lady with access to a lightsaber and the wherewithal to use it.

Wes cast a squinty-eyed glare upon the datapad that was the source of his current dilemma. If he went, he

12. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006

LOL!!!! That was awesome! Thank you for the update! It made my day! :D

13. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Veeeery good and so close to what I expected! I'd have tormented Wes for a minute longer, but I guess Jag couldn't keep up with the charade that long. Acting is not his brightest talent, after all. :)

14. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh...Abby, I can't believe this...It's so halarious....[face_laugh] Being a J/J convert...(yeah I know, but I still love Kyp and he is one of my favorite characters) Well anyway... I must tell you, that the image of Jag in drag will haunt me for a long time...[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

And here I was depressed when I got on the boards....You made my night.

Wonderful update and I hope that you can update soon again. =D=

I love this story.

FL @};-

15. Princess Cambria

Princess Cambria Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2006
    Wes blinked as he looked into the face of the ugliest woman he?d ever seen, thinking that he had gotten this all terribly wrong. He?d assumed, of course, that Han would murder him for propositioning his daughter. Gods, he thought, as he tried to coax a greeting from his suddenly tongue-tied mouth, Han?ll kill me if I don?t!

[face_laugh] Oh... that was perfect. Loved it! =D=

16. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    collapses in heap litteraly lmao.

That was great Abby!!!!!!!!!!

Really like this fic!

PHGS Weyr

17. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    You updated! I'm so happy!

18. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    HEHE! LUVED that chapster! And yes, keep me on the PM list. Great story!!
    - Serena

19. Fireyforce

Fireyforce Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2003
    That was cute. I wish I could have seen Wes's face. It must be priceless. I'm glad that you're continuing this story I was beginning to wonder. Though I suppose I shouldn't talk *ponders about her own story* Anyway good job I cannot wait for more!

20. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Well, here are my replies. A few of you are newish to my fic (at least reply-wise), so I wanted to thank all of you for reading and replying! [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

star_writer24

LOL!!!! That was awesome! Thank you for the update! It made my day! - I am very glad you liked it :D And also very glad to have made your day :D

Ars

Veeeery good and so close to what I expected! - :D I'm glad. I was actually worried that it wouldn't be :S

I'd have tormented Wes for a minute longer, but I guess Jag couldn't keep up with the charade that long. Acting is not his brightest talent, after all. - Too true! Besides, if I were Jag and forced to wear Jaina's red dress and heals, I'd want to be out of them as soon as I could.

Flowerlady

Oh...Abby, I can't believe this...It's so halarious.... - Thankies!!

Being a J/J convert...(yeah I know, but I still love Kyp and he is one of my favorite characters) - Are you meaning you've converted to J/J? That's okay if that's the case. I dabble in J/J myself and indeed started off that way. Besides, I happen to be a K/Jer who also LOVES Jag!

Well anyway... I must tell you, that the image of Jag in drag will haunt me for a long time... - Oh, but isn't it magnificent?

And here I was depressed when I got on the boards....You made my night. - Depression bad! Happy good!

Wonderful update and I hope that you can update soon again - I am glad that you liked it and I too hope I can update soon.

I love this story. - I do too!

PRINCESSCAMBRIA

Wes blinked as he looked into the face of the ugliest woman he?d ever seen, thinking that he had gotten this all terribly wrong. He?d assumed, of course, that Han would murder him for propositioning his daughter. Gods, he thought, as he tried to coax a greeting from his suddenly tongue-tied mouth, Han?ll kill me if I don?t!

As soon as the idea occured to me to send Jag in Jaina's stead, that line popped into my head and just wouldn't leave.

Oh... that was perfect. Loved it! - Glad to hear. I like knowing that what I thing is good, others agree with.

PHGS_Weyr

That was great Abby!!!!!!!!!! - :D

Really like this fic! - Thank you very much [face_blush]

Handmaiden_Azul

You updated! I'm so happy! - That makes two (or perhaps more) of us! Thanks for reading.

JediXManSerenaKenobi

HEHE! LUVED that chapster! And yes, keep me on the PM list. Great story!! - I'm glad you like both chapter and story, and I'll most definitely keep your name on the list. Thanks for reading!

Fireyforce

That was cute. I wish I could have seen Wes's face. It must be priceless. - Think about how your face would look if you suddenly realized a very disgusting person indended to kiss you, add in a touch of something-smells-awful, a pinch of I-am-so-going-to-die, and a dash of curiosity-killed-the-Wes, and there you have it!

I'm glad that you're continuing this story I was beginning to wonder. - I may not post often, but I refuse to abandon my babies . . . er, stories. I owe it to myself, and my readers, to continue writing it. Besides, I want to know what happens in the end!

Though I suppose I shouldn't talk *ponders about her own story* Anyway good job I cannot wait for more! - Oh I understand how it is. Here's hoping for fruitful muses! Glad you liked, and hopefully I can manage another update this century.

Thanks for reading, everyone!

~Abby~

21. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    I just realized a bit of a continuity error with these last couple of posts -- Jaina mentioned that her parents weren't on Borleias, but in fact they had not yet left the planet.

Sorry about that!

~Abby~

22. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    Wow! You've updated. And to make fun of poor Wes... :D Very funny chapter. (alternative version of the "picnic" on the roof, hehe).
    Thank You, and I hope You'll continue this. [face_good_luck]

23. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Love Wes! So fun to make fun of! I'm glad you liked! I actually didn't intend for this to represent the picnic on the roof (that happens later in the book and I should probably re-do that one, too). I'm very much hoping to continue with this, though I think I'll have to re-read the books again to get myself back on track.

Thanks for reading!

24. JainaRox

JainaRox Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2006
    LOL
    Great one.
    JR

25. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Glad you liked!

Thanks for reading!