main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Twist of Fate - Kyp/Jaina, Jag (AU , NJO, RD/RS) *** AUTHOR'S MESSAGE 2/20/09 ***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Abby, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Very good description, Abby, on both accounts. :) But I will never believe that Jaina can best Kyp. Unless he let her, of course. It's just not possible, outside of him having a really bad day. :)

And wouldn't Luke have a fit if he heard their banter? "Your confidence will be your undoing", indeed! :)

A.

2. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    WOW!!! That lightsaber duel was awesome! So much energy! You're good. It's been a long time since I've read such a well written saber duel. Anyways. Thanks for the PM's. I always love seeing the little yellow numbers telling me that people want me reading their stories. :D Can't wait for more!!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

3. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Wow! [face_shocked] [face_blush] When you write action, you write action! [face_love]

Wouldn?t mind seeing a few more of those?fabulous duel scenes. ;) I liked that the ?danger? of getting caught was just as thrilling. Wow, just wow.

4. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Hee hee!!!! :D
    Was the crunch on the data pad just for me?!?
    It kinda fit with my crunchy theme of the day.

[face_laugh] :D [face_laugh] mutinous knees I love it!

Thanks for all the PMs! I agree with Babi Tahiri, I love seeing that people WANT me to read their stories.

I'm really getting into this fic now. I'm still sweating and panting from the sabre duel! WOW!!!!
    That was awesome!

I like the part where she turns around and Kyp is there, then sparks of another kind wheeee!!!!!!
    My hormones are in a bit of an overload now.

I can't wait to see what you can come up with next! The plot bunny may be a bit hungry at times (blame it on DRL) but when you feed him, WOW do you feed him!

I totally agree with the saber/sabre thing! My vote is SABRE and I'm not even Canadian (or British). It just sounds and looks soooooo much nicer. If you noticed I was posting stuff in Miracle addressed to Sabre for the longest time. I guess us silly Americans just can't stand to spell anything non-phonetically. As for ferally, you get my vote for a true word.

Okay, back to work with me! See ya next postie!
    -Ro

5. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    AkyeRae - I agree, mush is definitely a good way to end a duel...glad it made a good end to your weekend :D ... hope you survive your THREE midterms!

Ars_longa - No, Kyp didn't let her win...I'll tackle why later [face_devil]. Glad you caught the RotJ reference...yes, it might bring back some unpleasant memories for Uncle Luke :D

Babi_Tahiri - I'm soooo glad the duel is up to par...it was hard to write, but I was happy with it in the end...good to see others think so, too. Thanks for reading, and I can't wait for more either :D

red_rose_knight - That's exactly it! It made the whole...encounter...that much more exciting knowing they almost got caught!

Ro - Your day was crunchy? Were you mowing the lawn again??? I have big plans for that datapad [face_devil]

I hadn't intended Kyp to just appear, but suddenly he did, and it worked! Yay for sparks!

And thanks, I think ferally is a perfectly good word, and it makes NO sense for it NOT to be one...

Not so much of a phonetic issue with me...just used to sabre/centre/theatre, and with my dictionary set to Canadian English, all the angry red lines under saber were irritating...

Everyone - Glad you liked this post, thanks for R&Ring!

~Abby~

6. LadySiva

LadySiva Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2004
    Great fic i can't believe i've just stumbled onto it, long story short my mouse keeps clicking where ever it wonts to.

As soon as Jiana headed for the gym i expected Kyp to turn up and you didn't disapiont when he did.

sparks indeed.

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Jaina swept her blade high, then quickly cut low and spun around for another high sweep. She backflipped away, landing soundlessly, swiftly turning her body around as she brought her blade up over her shoulder to block.

Two violet blades met in midair with a violent crackle.

You are a Shieldmaiden of Rohan!

Wait, wrong fandom . . .

:p

Dana

8. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    LadySiva - YAY NEW READER!!!! I'm glad your mouse decided to bring you here!

Dana - Does that mean you liked it, then??? :D

~Abby~

9. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    *Shamelessly upping her own fic in place of posting*

~Abby, heading out now to work 7pm-7am at Darth Very Hot Hospital~

10. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    my goodness. could it be? is it really...? YES, it IS! Jez is back from the dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what a kick butt story! a good way to unwind from a crazy semester.

Jez

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Dana - Does that mean you liked it, then???

Lemme think . . . DUH! There hasn't been a post on this I haven't liked!

Jez - YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!! HI!!!!! It's really too bad we didn't get to hang out 'cause I'm going to Florida fall semester!

Dana

12. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    OMGILOVEIT

I just KNEW Kyp was going to turn up there... KNEW IT.

Ah, the only bad thing about it was I had to wait four days to read it!
    Really really good...

And pfft, who cares about them Americans. I write it "sabre" anyway. :p
    *hides from the rest of the board*

13. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Jez - OMG another new reader! *does happy dance* I hadn't realized you'd died, but welcome back! Glad you liked it!

Dana - :D

djcati - I knew Kyp was going to turn up, too...I just didn't expect him to do so with such stealth...thanks for your vote in the sabre vs. saber debate! While you're hiding, perhaps you could consider ferally, too. :D

*~*

~Abby~

14. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    "Hear ye, Hear ye! I hereby proclaim ferally to be a proper word in the English language."

Take note Mr. Webster! If you can make muggle a "true-like" word than gol durn it (note inbred, redneck country hick accent), ferally MUST be a word!

-Ro

And by the way............ UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

15. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    A big thanks goes out to my faithful upper, Ro!

[face_dancing]

And to everyone else who's been following this, too!

Part 12

*~*

The walk back to the secured hallway that held the quarters of the Twin Suns pilots was quiet, yet the silence was permeated with a tangible array of sensations broadcast loudly through the Force. The silence was not awkward so much as it was different. Both had lowered their shields to each other, somewhat subconsciously, and while it was not uncomfortable, this new intense level of connectedness would take some getting used to.

Jaina could still sense everything she?d always sensed from Kyp, but now those familiar things were amplified, showing depth and subtlety that had been undetectable until now. She had always known of the corner of Kyp?s being that remembered the darkness of years ago, but now, she could sense the feelings that lingered there: the sadness, the fear, the remorse, the shadow of anger, and the deep-seated resolve to never walk that path again. She could feel those feelings, not with the strength that Kyp himself could, but much more substantially than she would have imagined possible. It was a?remarkable?sensation.

Then there were the parts that she hadn?t known existed. Most powerful of those by far was that which focused on Jaina herself. He had shielded it so thoroughly that she?d only seen the barest of hints of its existence, and that hadn?t even come close to matching the strength of what she felt now. It wasn?t love, she sensed, but something nearly as deep, almost as powerful, and just as genuine.

And it made her recognize the part within herself that concentrated on Kyp, that had buried itself the back of her mind some time ago. Now and then it would surface and allow her to catch a glimpse of it. Now, it had migrated and taken up residence in the forefront of her thoughts, and she knew that what she felt for Kyp did indeed reach deeper than friendship.

Kyp, whose thoughts had mirrored and mingled with Jaina?s, sent her a thought-caress through the Force that made her entire body tingle.

What you learn when your shields go down? Kyp whispered, maintaining the physical silence, revelling in the sensation of the bond that was forming between them.

Jaina met his eyes, and smiled. This just seems?

Right? Kyp suggested, smiling at her surprise when he finished her thought. Strange, isn?t it?

Jaina laughed. Me and you? Jaina Solo and Kyp Durron? It?s the most utterly preposterous thing I?ve ever heard! After everything! If somebody had told me this would happen, I?d have laughed in their face, it was so insane. And yet here we are. You and me. Kyp Durron and Jaina Solo.

Kyp smirked, intuitively understanding her meaning. After all, the thought that he?d end up with Jaina was ridiculous, no matter how much or how long he had wanted it. He would have bet money she?d end up with Jag Fel before she?d ever consider him. Yet here they were, Kyp and Jaina, on the verge of a relationship that had the potential to develop into something enduring. And he knew her feelings weren?t influenced by his; he could sense her authenticity through their budding Force-bond. The expression of his feelings had served to awaken hers ? and he was wholly amazed.

They arrived first at Jaina?s door, and paused outside, Jaina leaning against the door, Kyp standing in front of her at a respectable distance, aware of the security camera behind him. They simply looked at each other for a long moment before Jaina broke the eye contact, and turned to unlock her door. Kyp remained still, watching her as the door opened. She entered her room and stood a few feet inside the door, looking at him standing in the hall.

?Come here a sec,? she whispered, stepping out of the camera?s line of sight.

Kyp grinned, and stepped into the darkness of her quarters, following her out of the wedge of light spilling in from the hallway. Her hands reached for hi

16. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    I love how you kinda brought in a "missing moment" describing how and why Jaina ended up in her parents quarters. That was great! Kyp and Jaina can be so sweet together sometimes. (well all the time) Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

17. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Aw...
    Aw, I really love going on the net for the first time that day and finding some new K/J-ness to read. :p

'Tis goodgood stuffness! As always

18. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    There is almost identical phrase in one of my favorite Highlander fan-fics: "It's amasing how much you can learn once you stop talking." For me it's a best indication ever: if I love this person, I will never feel uncomfortable when in silence together. But I'm pretty much introvert type, though. :)

A.

19. kyps_godess

kyps_godess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    yea!!!
    i don't come on line for a week or two and looky looky....... 3 new posts!!!
    wicked!

?Borleias to Colonel Fel.? Kyp called, somewhat louder than was required for Jag to hear him.

hehe i have done that so many times to my sis!

Jag?s legs jerked, then bent, and a muffled thump followed by a cry of pain and a muttered curse came from beneath the clawcraft.

but she has never hit her head on anything!! its not fair!! but this is sooooo much better that me sis hitting her head!!!

Jag scowled in Kyp?s direction. ?You might have announced yourself in a less painful manner.?

Kyp laughed. ?Wasn?t painful for me. Quite amusing, actually. What can I do for you??

lol
    that is sooo like Kyp to say something like that
    i loved that and couldn't stop laughing, which is bad considering i ain't supposed to be on line at the moment!!

but anywho.....

Kyp turned and pretended to be looking for his lightsaber, while Jaina dabbed at her face with a towel, attempting to hide the telltale flushing of her cheeks.

Tahiri eyed Kyp suspiciously, then glanced at Jaina with a furrowed brow.

Oh My God
    that has to be the best bit!!!
    i loved how they only just managed to seperate before Tahiri came in and how they both pretened to be doing something else!!
    that was soooooo funny!!

She smirked as she realized that the place she wanted to be most at that moment was not the place she had expected to want to be.

*starts jumping up and down with happiness*

With a sigh, Jaina threw on a Jedi robe, and left her quarters. It didn?t take her long to reach her destination. She punched in the code on the keypad to unlock the door and silently entered.

The room was dark, but she didn?t bother to bring up the lights. She could see well enough anyway, and illumination would only stress the emptiness of it. She hadn?t come for the physical emptiness, but for the ethereal fullness.

Her parents? quarters.

NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo

that was soooooo well writen cos the whole way through i thought she was going to Kyp's quarters! and then she went to her parents, which i have to say isn't as much fun but hey what can i say?.....

more soon please?

kyps godess

20. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Fantastic as always, Abby! :) I really loved their interaction, and her pulling him out of range of the security camera. :D That was cute.

More mush!!

Dana

21. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    Whoa! MUSH!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeeee!!!!! :D

I was so happy when I saw the little yellow PM notice, then when I saw it was from you I didn't even read it I just rushed right on over here to devour & it was, as always, well worth it.

I'm waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy proud to be the staunch uppity upper that I am and it looks like I've upped this enough times to earn you some more fans so I feel like I've graced the masses with your fabulous writing.

*my work here is done* [face_mischief]

But, thankfully, my reading is not. You ARE going to continue this right? I know you've reached a logical stopping point but PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE DON'T!!!!!! :_| I'd just die!

Your mush is good and subtle but strong enough to get across the feelings between the two of them. I like the toe curling part. It make me think of a past "love" that could do that to me when I thought about him [face_blush] I'm still a bit "not feeling" Kyp's side of the mush but you are writing Jaina perfectly! I'm definately interested to see where you are going to take this from here so I'll just be over in my little "insane lurker" corner waiting............

-Ro

22. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    A nice, calm quiet post. I loved Jaina?s thoughts as she was more open to Kyp. Stepping out of the camera?s view was just great. But mostly, I liked when she went to her parent?s quarters. The comfort and the thoughts it brought up. Very nice. :)

23. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Great postie!

~~Jilly

24. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Babi_Tahiri - Thanks! I was sort of going for a what-happens-in-those-ten-days post (there are ten days between the battle where Jaina saves Jag/Kyp, and the return of her parents)...

djcati - glad I could provide your morning dose of K/J-ness!

Ars_longa - yes, that's exactly what I was going for, just reworded a little!

kyps_goddess - (3 new posts) I love it when that happens! As for Jag, well, I thought since he'd hit his head once, it'd be nice for him to hit it again. [face_devil]. And them jumping apart, well...kind of like teenages on the couch when Mom and Dad come home early...

whole way through i thought she was going to Kyp's quarters! and then she went to her parents, which i have to say isn't as much fun but hey what can i say?..... - well, sorry to dissappoint. Be patient though...there is a time for everything [face_devil]

Dana - Yay for fantastic! I liked the part with the camera, too...like anyone watching wouldn't know what they were doing anyway...but oh well, it was cute!

Ro - Wouldn't you have felt silly if it wasn't an update? :D :D And yes, your uppiness has done this little fic of mine some good...three new readers last post. And no, young lady, your work here is not done [face_mischief]. And don't worry, I'm sooooo not done either!

So you liked the toe curling part? I thought it got the point across well!

red_rose_knight - thanks! Glad you liked the thoughts, and the bit about the camera. I thought that was cute, too.

Jilly - Thank you!

And a big 'ol thanks to everyone, even those of you who may be lurking here (ehemm...Mother...)

~Abby~

25. AkyeRae

AkyeRae Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    a post!!! Yay!!! I've been offline for like a week now! I was so glad to see your pm. ahh, nothing to get rid of stress like Kyp and Jaina. I loved the post, Abby. I really liked the thinking. It totally made the characters seem so real. It was awesome. Can't wait for more!! And here's an Up!!

-Akye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.