main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Twist of Fate - Kyp/Jaina, Jag (AU , NJO, RD/RS) *** AUTHOR'S MESSAGE 2/20/09 ***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Abby, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    100th reply!!!!! Hooray!!!

AkyeRae - Thanks for the UP! And for taking 99 so that I could get 100!!! Glad you liked it...and more soon!

~Abby~

2. AkyeRae

AkyeRae Jedi Master star 1

Apr 17, 2003
    LOL!! No problem, Abby!! Congrats on 100!!!

-Akye

3. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Part 13

Sorry - this is very very short

*~*
    Borleias Occupation, Day 42
    (Several Days Later)

The room that now served as the mess hall (for the true mess was now the meeting place of the Insiders) was crowded, noisy, and distracting. The pilots, seated in groups around the room, talked, as always, in excited voices, punctuating their battle tales with vivid hand movements and sound effects. The mechanics, near the door, were far less animated in their discussion, but their constant stream of technical jargon added substantially to the din of the room. Though those two groups made up the bulk of the presences in the mess, a small section along the side wall had been set aside for officers. They rarely chose to eat in the mess, due to the noise, though at the moment two of them were seated there, talking quietly and smiling at the pilots, remembering the days when they would sit with their peers and swap tales.

She made no sound as she entered the room, strolling along the aisle toward the food bar, but the noise level in the mess decreased sharply for a full second as the mechanics looked up from their discussions, and the pilots paused their dynamic story-telling, to watch her as she strode by. Two pairs of eyes, one brown and one blue, also observed her path through the mess, albeit with more of a fatherly interest than the others.

There was a bounce to her step, a lightness that had been missing of late, and her smile was authentic, no longer the forced up-turning of her lips that had plagued her features since Hapes. Something had changed, drastically, in the few days since the last battle. The change had begun upon her arrival at Borleias, but the events of the battle, or something occurring shortly thereafter, had hastened it substantially.

Whatever Jaina Solo?s issues were, she had certainly resolved some of them.

?She?s changed,? remarked the blue-eyed officer, lifting his cup of caf to his lips.

?Again,? added his brown-eyed companion.

?Or further,? the first suggested.

Wedge Antilles grinned. ?The girl has more layers than the Coruscant underworld.?

?Would you expect any less from the daughter of Han Solo and Leia Organa?? Tycho Celchu wondered.

?Point taken.?

Tycho glanced again at Jaina, who was now helping herself to some lunch, then again looked at Wedge with a curious expression. ?The question is, what, exactly, brought this about??

Wedge?s eyebrows lifted with interest. ?Indeed?? he agreed, also glancing toward Jaina, as both Kyp Durron and Jag Fel joined her in the lunch line. ?Or should we ask, who??

Tycho?s gaze fell upon Jaina and her two male companions, as the three of them, talking amongst themselves, found a table together. ?She has been spending an awful lot of time with those two lately.?

?Aside from regular squadron activities, yes,? Wedge agreed.

?And Colonel Fel was rather secretive in your office??

?He was, wasn?t he??

The two friends exchanged a look.

?We must get to the bottom of this.?

?We must.?

Wedge smiled. ?It?s a good thing sneakiness runs in the family.?

?It could certainly come in handy.?

?Let the investigations begin.?

*~*

Like I said, short...this was going to have a second part, but instead I'm going to make the next post longer.

~Abby~

4. Babi_Tahiri

Babi_Tahiri Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2003
    That was good! I liked how you began this one and how you brought Tycho and Wedge in. Okay, okay.. I liked it all! LOL! A small update is just fine with me! Can't wait for more!

~^~ Tahiri ~^~

5. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    hehe... I'm still laughing at Wedge and Tycho...

Nice, albeit short. SHORT!
    next paaaaaart?

6. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Yes, sneakiness is always appreciated, especially when it comes to Wedgie-boy and Tycho to be sneaky... :D

7. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :D :D A new postie!!!!!!!!!

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! :D [face_devil] :D [face_laugh] sneaky woo hoo!!!!!!!
    I love sneaky!!!!!!!

-Kay! I'm gonna run right over & nominate you now Abby! You definately need a "new author" nomination. And if anyone wants to follow me over & slap another vote down I'm sure Abby wouldn't mind too much! *nudge nudge, wink wink to all you lurkers out there- especially Abby's Mom (aka Princess Leia)*

Looking forward to where you take this Abby, keep up the outstanding work! You make me smile as much as Saber makes me cry! :D
    -Ro

PS because I'm slacking in my uber-upper duties........

UPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUPUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    On the third page. *sigh*
    UP

9. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    That was short! But that's okay, it was good too. :)

I loved their observations and the bit about sneakiness. Of course, I don't think they are going to get the answer they think they will get. ;)

10. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Okay, people, it's time for a shameless plug...but I'm not shamelessly plugging my own fic....

I command you all (well, respectfully request) to go and check out Ars_longa's new fic, By Any Other Name, newly posted on this board, for which I have the great pleasure of being Creative Consultant.

This has been a shameless plug...

~Abby~

11. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    *ahem*
    I thought I was the master of the shameless plug Abby!?! Not that you're not doing a great job on the plugs, but, well, my job right??? Anyway, here's my plug of the day.........

::kicking fic up to first page where it needs to be::

UP!!!!!!!!

(in scary deep booming voice)

READ THIS FIC OR ELSE YOU'LL FEEL MY WRATH!!!!!!!! (or at least my mirth! hee hee)

Hee! I love doing that! :D -Ro

12. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Babi_Tahiri - Glad you liked it. I was dying to try out some Wedge/Tycho interactions :D

djcati - glad I made you laugh! Next paaaaart to follow :D

LumiKuningatar - :D

Ro - I love sneaky, too! And :D :D wow, thanks for the nomination! *feels honoured* Saber and tears, Dana and angst, Abby and happy!

djcati again - Thanks for the up!

red_rose_knight - Yes, very short :) ... and no, I don't think Wedge and Tycho are entirely on the right tract with their suspicions [face_devil]

Ro again - ah, my faithful upper! But please, remember that wrath is of the Dark Side *feels winded as Ro's voice blasts me from my chair*

Lurkers - come out come out wherever you are!

~Abby~

13. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Part 14

*~*

?They?re looking at us again,? Jaina stated, resisting the urge to look behind her to where she knew General Antilles and Colonel Celchu were watching them.

Jag, who was facing the two officers, scanned the room casually, sweeping his gaze by Wedge and Tycho just long enough to confirm Jaina?s suspicions. ?They?re talking in hushed voices.?

?So are we,? Kyp pointed out.

Jaina threw him a mock-glare. ?I think they?re up to something.? she decided.

?They do seem to be in plotting-mode.? Jag agreed. ?Hushed voices, fleeting looks, intensely furrowed brows ? sure signs of a developing scheme.?

Kyp glanced furtively toward the table with his peripheral vision, taking in the hunched postures of the two officers. ?Do you think they know something??

Jaina scoffed. ?Doubt it. But I think they may suspect something.?

?So what?s our plan?? Jag inquired, grinning subtly as both Kyp and Jaina eyed him curiously. ?Well,? he continued. ?They don?t actually know anything, right??

?Right,? Jaina agreed, cautiously.

?Chances are some of the dendrites they?re growing over there have my name on them.? Jag explained. ?So, I?m in. What do we do??

Kyp grinned, and regarded Jag with an appreciative look. ?You do have personality after all.?

?I?m merely selective about whom I share it with,? Jag replied, allowing a true grin to form.

Jaina looked between the two men and smiled, glad to see that the tension between them was now virtually non-existent. She had been well aware of Jag?s feelings, although for his sake she feigned ignorance, and though he still bore those feelings for her, he seemed to have come to a point of acceptance. Now if we could just find him a girl, Jaina mused, smiling wryly, then everything would be perfect.

?Well, gentlemen,? she began. ?Our plan is to be clueless ? like we?re completely unaware that they?re planning something.? She paused, while Kyp and Jag looked at her expectantly. ?And, I suppose, we may be able to drop them a few false hints along the way, to throw them off.?

Kyp smiled slowly, brushing his leg against hers beneath the table. ?Always the Trickster,? he whispered, huskily.

?Easy there,? she cooed, her eyes twinkling as a half-smile appeared on her face.

?Don?t want to give them the right idea,? Jag added, amused. ?So, step one??

Jaina smirked as she slid her chair back from the table. ?Watch.?

She stood, pushing the chair away with the backs of her legs, and turned around sharply to face Wedge and Tycho. The two men, who had been looking directly at her, quickly dropped their eyes to focus on the nothingness in the centre of their table, fidgeting slightly in their seats.

Jaina crossed the room, her steps unhurried and her expression betraying nothing. She noticed Wedge glance at her briefly, but pretended not to have seen the action. As she neared them, she made enough noise that, unless a sudden case of deafness had befallen the table, they had to have heard her. Cautiously, Wedge glanced up at her.

?Lieutenant,? he said, quietly, with a nod, his face betraying nothing of what he may have been thinking about her arrival. Tycho likewise acknowledged her presence, his expression equally as impassive.

Jaina smiled, but did not salute, for it was a public area and she was the Goddess. ?General, Colonel,? she greeted. ?I have a question for you.?

*~*

Across the room, Jaina Solo rose from her seat unexpectedly, and spun around in the direction of their table. Wedge Antilles hastily turned his attention to the tabletop, and began to pick constellations out of the sparkles in the gunmetal finish as he struggled to maintain a casual posture. He risked a glance in her direction, suppressing a grimace as he realized she was approaching.

Nearly to the table, Jaina clomped her boots noisily against the flooring, prompting Wedge to look up at her. ?Lieutenant,? he greeted, nodding, willing his facial expression to remain as not-guilty as pos

14. Ars_longa

Ars_longa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 26, 2004
    Abby, I sooo much like your Jag! As a die-hard K/Jer I can appreciate a good-written Jagged Fel. :) After all, where is the fun in victory if the competition is inadequate?

And Wedge and Tycho... well, I did say they are behaving like gossiply teenagers, didn't I? :)

A.

15. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    ?They do seem to be in plotting-mode.? Jag agreed. ?Hushed voices, fleeting looks, intensely furrowed brows ? sure signs of a developing scheme.?

LOL :D

16. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Grrrr....achhh!!! Computer problems!

There I go, setting up to write the next post, and I get this huge "Error" message, and Windows shuts down...now my computer is making a *weird* noise and if I turn it on it tries to boot up but then I get the error message again!

The moral of the story...here I am posting this quick note from my mother's computer, and I have noooo idea when I might be able to post again.

*sniff* *sob*

*threatens Darth Computer with a really big stick*

~Abby~

17. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    I, too, appreciate Jag when he's written well . . . and not with Jaina. :D

What was in the doorway???

Dana

18. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    It works! It works! My computer works! Don't know what happened, but it's working now :D :D :D

Arina - I actually never thought of it that way...I just like Jag. But now that I think about it...yes, that makes perfect sense.

And yes, they were acting a little school-girlish, weren't they?

LumiKuningatar - :D glad you liked!

Dana - What was in the doorway??? - Oh, was there something in the doorway? [face_mischief]

~Abby~

19. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

*giggling hysterically with tears coming out of her eyes*

Oh Abby! That was by far the best part of any fan fic I've ever read! If no one else has ever thought of seconding or thirding my nomination of you they better rethink it after this one! I'd tell you all of the best parts of it but I'd have to copy the whole darn thing! I went back & re-read this and now I'm laughing harder than before.

You've truly made a bright spot in my day. Thank you!

-Ro

20. TheLurkingPrincess

TheLurkingPrincess Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2004
    Enough lurking at the kitchen table with my Dell--time to say 'Hey, good stuff!' Good story, Abby. Your descriptions of surroundings are efficient, your character interactions are believable and flow right along, and, yeah--action-packed duel!
    My favorite excerpt, in her parents quarters: She had not come for the physical emptiness, but for the ethereal fullness.
    Keep on clickin', chick!

21. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Oh, was there something in the doorway?

Hmm, let's see . . .

*scrolls up the page*

She spun back around to continue out the door, but found her path barred as she ran into something solid in the doorway. ...

Kyp, who had tried in vain to catch her, skidded to a stop on his knees next to her head. ...

Jaina groaned and lifted her head from the floor, Kyp?s hand supporting her. ?What happened?? she asked, resting one hand on her forehead while the other slid beneath her to cradle her tailbone.

?You ran into?? Before he could finish, Kyp?s head snapped up. ?Why don?t you watch where you?re ? ?

But the doorway was empty, as was the long, straight hallway beyond it.

Yes! What was in the doorway???!!!!

You'd better update soon!!

Dana

22. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Well, given the evidence, I cannot deny that something was indeed in the doorway...

However, I can take the 5th as to what [face_mischief]

Update, with any luck, tomorrow!

~Abby~

23. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    You're offline again. :( I like talking to people!

Oh, and were you aware you've been nominated for Best New Author? :D

You've also got (at least one nomination so far):

Best AU Story
    Kyp Durron and the Perogies of the Sith by Abby (don't ask me how this one's AU . . .)
    A twist of fate by Abby

Best Humor Story
    Kyp Durron by Abby (I think this is the Perogies one, I just copied & pasted what was listed)

Best First Story
    A twist of fate by Abby

And then the Best New Author one. :) This isn't the final list though. :( I don't know how many nominations you've got, I just know it's at least one to make the list (but it's three on the Author one . . . it was 2 and then I nominated you to make it three, but they haven't counted mine yet, apparently, grrrr.)

Dana

24. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Wow...a great big THANK YOU!!!! to everyone who nominated me for something!!!

I had a whole thing planned to say here but now I've forgotten...ah well...

*hands out copious amounts of the finest chocolate covered Kyps available*

Thanks, everyone!

~Abby~

25. Rowan_Jade

Nov 14, 2003
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D [face_blush] :D [face_devil]

Chocolate covered Kypies! Woo hoo! My favorite!

You've just started another round of my insane happy dancing!

:D [face_laugh] :D

-Ro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.