main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Uncomfortable Question I Need To Ask,

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Gobi-1, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
  2. Porkins in a Speedo

Porkins in a Speedo Jedi Knight star 5

May 6, 1999
    How about I shoot someone and we can experiment?

if i get to pick the person then i'm all for it.

3. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    lol hannibal lol

4. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Unless the deceased poster had RL friends who also posted here to confirm the death, there's no sure way to find out. This is the internet, so fellow message board geeks such as ourselves would likely be the last people to find out... if we find out. We'd probably be left hanging.

5. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    Why are you people giving YOTS and Fluke all the credit? Wattowatta did it long before them, and I think there was someone even before Wattowatta.

6. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    there's also the case of padma_amidala55 (i think that was her name) who claimed that her fiance and best friend died on september 11. while that's not quite the same as faking your own death, it is extracting sympathy in a really ****ty way.

7. GenOochy

GenOochy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 8, 2003
    if i get to pick the person then i'm all for it.

Due to the convos going on that day... *Gulp*

LOL!

;)

8. Grand Admiral Thran

Grand Admiral Thran Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 1999
    Personally, I'm not so sure I'd want anyone to know. There might be much rejoycing... ;)

But in all seriousness, I HATE grieving or mourning. Hate hate hate hate it! I wouldn't want anyone to do that over me, ever. It's why I don't really want a funeral. Rather have a celebration as my 'last party thrown for my friends and family on this Earth'.

Rather out go out in happy tears than sad ones. So I dunno if I would have anyone informed. I wouldn't want to bring anyone here sadness of that nature.

But, it brings up interesting thoughts about how my family would inform many of my friends - even ones in town. I don't keep their phone numbers or addresses in a book, more like, scattered about written on various pieces of paper, envelopes, ect. that I oft time lose.

-GAT

9. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I actually started a topic the same as this in the JCC, many, many, months ago.

Here is the link.

10. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

How about I shoot someone and we can experiment?

Is it me or is this particular post and the conversation it has garnered slightly tasteless, what with the actual subject of the thread itself?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.