main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation A Vader Anthology

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by RX_Sith, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    No offense, but that sounds like Rogue One.

Do some fans really only care about stormtroopers, TIE-fighters and X-wings? No wonder TFA turned out the way it is.

2. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

You mean no wonder why TFA ended with such a wonderfully mythic image?

[​IMG]

:)

3. Chubby Farms

Chubby Farms Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2016
    Although I generally try and focus on good things, only Vader can make me cheer for the 'evil' one with no shame. Any movie with Vader will get my money till the day I die. Disney knows they're sitting on a veritable gold mine with him, and I can only hope that they soon create the best Anthology movie they can with him. I embrace the idea of him 'protecting' a planet, unwittingly being portrayed as a hero to the locals, as they see him singlehandedly fight and defeat an overwhelming force even after being injured along the way. To see how he would react to such admiration and gratitude by commoners would be so fascinating, it would be epic.

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    We don't need a Trilogy, just one film.

And to distinguish from the setting of Rouge One, a Vader spin off should be set not long after RoTS. So while we are starting to see Imperial Tech, their is still appearances from the prequel era, ranging from Phase II Clone armor to Venator-Class Star Destroyers, etc.

That time period would also make sense if we saw Vader vs Jedi. While near the end of the dark times Jedi resistance has stopped against the Empire (as tarkin said, " The Jedi are extinct, their fire has gone out of the universe. You, my friend, are all that's left of their religion").

With an earlier date in the dark times era, there could also be the chance of seeing separatists holdouts, who would act as an enemy besides the Jedi Vader would fight. A way to show the new stormtroopers in action without resorting to killing members of the later rebellion. Maybe see new natural born stormtroopers working with the clone veterans.

In other words, we see Anakin's early years as Vader.

Rabs and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  5. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I think Vader's a fantastic villain.

But I don't understand the concept of "cheering for him." What exactly are you cheering for him to do? Murder more well-meaning people? Oppress more planets?

Fundamentally doesn't make sense to me. Unless, of course, a writer drastically alters his character.

Jedi Jessy and DarthCricketer like this.
  6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    We already have 6 Anakin/Vader movies

The Legions of Lettow and Lee_ like this.
  7. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Exactly.

I begin with a bias already because I don't want them to continue with OT spinoffs until the day I die; I want OR-type stuff, and/or other totally new settings in the GFFA. I want them to step away and stop totally nursing from the breast of the OT. Enough already with the rehashing.

This would be especially true of Vader/Anakin. He was the main protagonist of the PT, and the main antagonist of the OT. Use him sparingly in other spinoffs where he can appear and boost the story/movie/TV show, or as a force ghost/vision/dream in the ST, but lets not slaughter the goose with the golden eggs by making entire movies about him. He already has enough of those.

The softer side of Vader? Where unknown to Palp, he softly strokes a beloved kitten, grows a flower garden and writes Hallmark card-type entries into his diary about Padme? I don't know.....

8. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Ya as good as Rogue One looks, that's the last I want to see of the OT era on-screen for awhile, especially since TFA felt almost identical to the OT.

9. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    What about recasting Anakin instead, and having a stand-a-lone adventure movie about Anakin during the Clone Wars?

10. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's not like Vader is going away.
    He'll be in Rebels, and Kylo's dream sequences, and it's a non-zero chance Kylo will deliberately throw himself in lava so that he gets to wear the suit.

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    rogue one is vader's anthology film.

12. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Darkslayer

I agree. While we have 7 Anakin/Vader films already, plus 2 TV series, and he may be in all 3 ST movies in one way or another, we shouldn't make everything about him.

I loved TFA. And RO looks good. But I hope VIII and IX are more original.

Lee

Right. We should have balance. The ST obviously has its roots in the OT. And I think the 3 spinoffs and Rebels are justified. But something original, whether origin stories--Jedi, the Old Republic of 25,000 years ago, the Sith--are something else.

And GL has back and forth on 6-12 films, he never said 4 trilogies, so I hope Disney doesn't do what some alleged insider said.

thejeditraitor

Well said.

And not to sound morbid, James Earl Jones isn't getting any younger. And only he can voice Vader. Outside of Rebels, the only more voicing he could do is maybe in visions or dreams in VIII and IX.

Speaking of Rebels, there are 37 episodes so far, not counting the 4 shorts. If 100 is the magic number for syndication, then we are looking at 5 seasons. I hope Filoni can wrap it up by then. Wipe out all the good Force users. And then we'll have peace.

Darkslayer, Lee_ and thejeditraitor like this.
  13. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh]

14. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    A Vader-centric film would be interesting and entertaining to see. Disney would be making a HUGE mistake not to make at least one.

15. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    If they plan on doing anything, they better do it while JEJ is still healthy.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I think Terrance Mallick should make a film where Anakin/Vader is recovering from his accident on Mustafar and having parts put into him. It'll be an existential journey full of dream sequences, people spinning around, incoherent narration from lead characters, and irritating Phillip Glass-resembling music.

Star Wars: To the Vader

17. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that, but I don't think it's necessary to recast Hayden. IMO he's just fine as an actor-and up to the job (I thought he did well especially in ROTS), he just needs a better script and the right directing.

Really though I'd like to not revisit eras that have already been covered so much (TCW era, Rebels era, Empire, etc.) I'm one of those that are tiring of stormtroopers and TIE fighters! Who would've thought right!?

Let's expand our SW horizons!!

Lee_ and vncredleader like this.
  18. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Agreed. I would not have been as uninterested by TFA if we had not already had a ton of OT stuff recently. Either we need to tackle more eras or use different tons and aesthetics for the ST. I am hyped for R1 cause I love the Empire comic but if I see one more X-Wing vs Tie fighter battle I will explode.

Lee_ likes this.
  19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Well, clench up vncredleader, cos I have a pretty strong feeling we will be seeing even more in Episode VIII!!

Even though we might see some nice new designs, If it really takes place right after TFA, I highly doubt the troops and TIEs will suddenly dissappear...

20. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    i bet they wont but Rian seems like he wants to do something really fresh and different. Just from the set photos it seems to look more like the PT ascetically.

Lee_ and DARTH_BELO like this.
  21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012

And surely the first Star Wars movie to win an Oscar for best picture, best director, best actor and best actress....

22. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

Huh??? No we didn't. ANH has 12 minutes of Vader, he's the villain. Empire is Luke's movie not Vader's and Jedi has 30 Min of Vader is about his son pulling him into redemption.

The prequels, well lets see PM people don't think Anakin was main character in that more a supporting introduction. So we've gotten two Anakin films in AOTC and ROTS. We've had like 6 Harry Potter Films ALL ABOUT Harry Potter.

A single Vader Anthology Film that shows him post ROTS is a gold mine for Disney and they would be stupid not to explore it.

23. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016
  24. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Disney shouldn't go into overkill mode. And should be more original. The PT was about the Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker, the Chosen One. The OT was about his son redeeming him do he could destroying the Sith and bring balance to the Force. TCW showed him taking on an apprentice. Rebels and RO show his role in fighting the Rebels. More than enough Vader.

Darkslayer and Lee_ like this.
  25. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    George Lucas has specifically stated that the core saga he created is about Anakin Skywalker. And screentime hardly matters - within the context of the other films, it is clear that Anakin is always the main character. At least, that's how I see it.

TPM - About finding the Chosen One
    AOTC - Anakin's forbidden romance is the emotional core of the story
    ROTS - Anakin's fall
    ANH - The heroes fight the monster that Anakin has become
    ESB - Anakin deals with the repercussions of learning of his son
    ROTJ - The story of Anakin's redemption

Again, this is just my opinion and you are of course welcome to disagree. But even though he may not be the main character of all 6 films, his story is IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.