main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation A Vader Anthology

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by RX_Sith, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Nah, we got Vader's story pretty much done with, especially between III and IV. The comics, Rebels, Lords of the Sith, Tarkin... It dealt with Vader letting go of his past, and wrecking some rebels. What would an anthology film add, besides want to contradict established canon, no doubt? If they were interested, then Vader would have a bigger presence in Rogue One, but as it stands, he's only got a few minutes of screen time, maybe a little less than his 10 minutes in ANH. And they really want to use the anthology films to tell "newer" stories. Han's origin aside, Vader's story is hardly new. Han's, though, in the canon we don't know how he got where he is in ANH in any medium, so a film fits. But again, with Vader, numerous comics, novels, and Rebels have shown him plenty.

2. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    A Vader anthology film would be fantastic, especially the idea RX_Sith described. But if the filmmakers are "forced" to make a Vader film just because the character is so popular and they want $$$, then I'd rather they not. If they genuinely want to make it, by all means, go for it.

3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    ...& the ST is/will hopefully be about his legacy. The affect he has on future generations of his family.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  4. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think it depends on how much Disney shares Lucas's vision. Where does that go from here? That is the plot point that we will know much more about after 8. Lucas explicitly stated that the Star Wars saga that he created was the story of Anakin; but where will Disney take that in the ST?

5. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    They've already given a good amount of focus in TFA. Can't see that changing for the last two.

6. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Not sure. The references seemed to be meaningful, but they didn't take up much screen time, or occupy a lot of the story (other than symbolically, a perceived evil role model for Kylo). There was the scene with Kylo and the mask, then the breath in Rey's vision. There are pretty significant questions as to just how much of a part his legacy will play in the NEW story (as in actual screen time and direct effect being portrayed). How much will Rey know (as in how much will it actually show Luke telling her? What effect will this have?)? Will he return as a force ghost? Will he communicate with Kylo? The answers to these kinds of questions could dramatically change how big of a continuing role he has.

7. darthtimetraveller

darthtimetraveller Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2015
    I still think at least just one Vader anthology film would be great to see on the big screen! "The Rise of Darth Vader: A Star Wars Story" could be a story set more-or-less immediately after RotS and chronicle his first few years as a Sith. Maybe the story could be about his obsession with hunting down Obi-Wan, and how he started the Inquisitor program.

8. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    A Darth Vader Star Wars Story could cut back and forth between a dual narrative with the same theme: Anakin on an obsessive hunt and how his hatred and lack of empathy leads him further down a dark path.

1. Vader hunting Rebels between ANH and ESB. (Could see the end of Gen. Dodonna and others involved at Yavin)

2. Anakin hunting separatists on a separate mission from Obi-Wan during the clone wars (could take place right before ROTS with Palpatine and Yoda cameos).

9. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015

Sure. But in either case, I don't think Vader should be the protagonist. He stopped being a protagonist in ROTS, and I believe that should be the end of his heroic life.

10. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    I like the idea of him being the antagonist in #1 and protagonist #2, showing the fine line there and how you can still be on the right side (Anakin as a Jedi) but going about justice in the wrong way.

11. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Rogue One could satisfy that need. He could have a healthy portion of screen time. He's sure to kick ass in there too. As a Vader fan, I'm not concerned with his future going forward. We have the fantastic Vader comic line, the main Star Wars comic line where he also appears, Star Wars Rebels, Rogue One and of course the OT. He's not being neglected or ignored. If there's another cinematic Vader appearance, I'd rather they place it after TESB. The ANH era has been covered pretty comprehensively.

12. luketheforeigner

luketheforeigner Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    a Vader Spin off would be OK but i don't see that happening any time soon with the 3rd trilogy and a anthology trilogy in the works

Jedi_Darth_Ren_lol likes this.
  13. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    wouldn't mind seeing vader hunt down jedi that escaped order 66

14. Conkhead_12

Conkhead_12 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2016
    No thanks.

SW saga has too much Vader already. Not to mention comics.

I wanna see Kenobiiiiii

15. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015
    Although i wouldn't mind at least one Vader movie, i agree with you about a Kenobi anthology, that would be epic! There is so much potential there.

16. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    JEJ will be 89 in 2020, when Young Boba should he released. Only he can voice Vader.

17. Conkhead_12

Conkhead_12 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 28, 2016
    Yes, yes.

Obi-Wan during his times as Qui-Gon's padawan. And his relationship with Satine. And//or what he was doing during his early years in his exile

18. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Agreed, and my opinion is that it deals with Anakin's legacy - both the good and bad. The seeds were sewn in TFA, but it will be really interesting to see how that legacy manifests itself moving forward.

Lee_ likes this.
  19. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014
    All you need is a young Jedi or two who miraculously escaped Order 66 to be protagonists, and Vader hunts them down in a spin-off, only before he destroys them they do something heroic that helps the rebellion or saves the lives of others. Could be a master and padawan or perhaps just a padawan who is now on her own, but falls in with a band of mercenaries or criminals who are also on the run from the Empire, she inspires them to do food, and together they do something heroic before Vader arrives and duels the young Jedi...Maybe a younger Lor San Tekka is involved and the Church of the Force...

In ANH, Obi-Wan tells Luke that Vader helped the Emperor hunt down and destroy the Jedi knights. We haven't seen that on screen yet.

I'd like to see a narrative that shows Vader's focus on stamping out any remaining Jedi, how being a Jedi and following the Force becomes "against the law", and how Vader's focus on the Jedi slowly turns into his focus on stopping the Rebellion, and why he believes Yoda to be dead, etc.

I like the idea that Vader deliberately did not hunt down Obi-Wan out of a twisted form of respect, but mostly because he had a premonition that one day Kenobi would find him and that's when the time would be right for their duel.

20. Rickleo123

Rickleo123 Jedi Knight star 3

May 20, 2016

Exactly, such a shame we never got to see this on screen. It's the perfect concept for a movie itself. What's amazing is we have technical never actually seen Darth Vader kill a "jedi" on screen. Obi Wan dispersing closest thing. Pathetic.

21. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Perhaps Vader's attack of the Jedi Temple and Order 66 is what Kenobi's line refers to. I had originally thought it'd be Vader, other Sith, Boba, and Stormtroopers doing it post-III. Then came the Rule of 2 and Jango. It's still possible. And after Order 66 there are still Jedi that we know of: Yoda, Kenobi, Kanan. So maybe there are other Jedi in hiding. I thought Vos and the Twilek on the Council were supposed to have survived, even though she was repeatedly shot in the back. And there are still Boba and Inquisitors to help. However, I think a novel or comic would be better than a movie.

Rodie likes this.
  22. Luke4soph

Luke4soph Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2016
    I think it would be a great idea also! Make it just after episode 3 where he hunts the jedi down and tells the story of him becoming the vader you see in a new hope. But i think a vader film should be quite dark and kind of more so based for adults to watch, a thrillery type film

23. darthtimetraveller

Aug 9, 2015
    You're saying Vader never tried to find/hunt down Obi-Wan at all between RotS and ANH?! Is this actually canon?

24. Rodie

Apr 16, 2014

That may be Lucas' line of thinking, but in no way, shape or form could Anakin returning to the Jedi Temple and sneak attacking a handful of Jedi and then some young padawans as "hunting down." That phrase clearly describes the act of seeking out, uncovering and tracking Jedi who are in hiding from the Empire/Palpatine/Vader, not Jedi that are chilling in the temple where Anakin knows they can always be found.

25. raefinnpoe

raefinnpoe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    'maybe a little less then his 10 minutes in ANH.'

well those were some pretty epic 10 minutes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.