main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Veiled World - Tahl's thoughts on being blind - 14-December-2008

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Obi-Gon_Skywalker, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Gon_Skywalker

Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

May 25, 2008
    Title: A Veiled World
    Author: Obi-Gon_Skywalker
    Timeframe: Melida/Daan
    Genre: Drama
    Characters: Tahl
    Summary: During her time as a prisoner on Melida/Daan Tahl has some time to reflect on the universe and the jedi.
    Notes: I've always wondered what went on in Tahl's head when she was imprisoned on Melida/Daan, what would the thoughts be of one who would never be able to see again...Enjoy!

What a sight I must be: a jedi, bound and gagged, gaping wounds across the length of my body, and my lightsaber, my trusty silver cylinder with its sapphire blade, nowhere to be seen. I am blindfolded too, however the filthy rag is unnecessary for I feel that my sight is failing, a foolish mistake, I should have anticipated the sword before it made contact with my eyes. But alas, I cannot dwell on the past and what may and may not have happened, I must keep my focus on the present. That would be somewhere on Melida/Daan where I failed to guide the warring groups to peace. Perhaps it is better then, that I lost my eyesight.

The universe is full of hate and spite that I occasionally feel the jedi are fighting a losing battle. Trying to keep peace in the galaxy is impossible. I mean to say that there is no way that there could be total peace everywhere. Somewhere there will always be some madman, plotting some devious plan for domination. Our universe is a dark and shady one. No matter how hard we jedi try, power, greed, and destruction corrupt those who are not strong enough to fight it. This belief has almost made me throw up my hands in frustration and leave the galaxy doomed to its miserable fate...almost. However every time I feel compelled to yell "Good riddance!" and walk away, a certain roguish, happy-go-lucky jedi master will hold me back.

Qui-Gon Jinn, my most trusted friend and advisor. Qui, whom I've known since we were crechelings, hiding from the creche masters and wreaking havoc on the Temple as only six-year-olds can. We've grown now, far from the treat-stealing, rule-breaking, quixotic toddlers we used to be. It is Qui-Gon who will always set me back on the jedi path whenever I threaten to go astray. He is the gentle breeze to my roaring fire, the voice of reason and logic to my hair-brained schemes. He reminds me that though I am right to think that there will never be complete peace in the galaxy, without people like the jedi to defend and protect the innocent, it won't even come close...

Alas I suppose I shall miss my ability to see after all. I shall miss the gratitude on the faces of the people I have saved, the pristine and beautiful parts of planets that remind me that there are indeed places in the galaxyt that deserve protection. I shall also miss seeing the Temple, where I grew up, where I know every rock and tree and room. I shall miss seeing Yoda, the little green troll whose comical appearance never fails to lift my spirits when I am depressed.

But most of all, I shall miss seeing Qui-Gon and his lofty grin and gentle demeanor; I will miss his broad shoulders which seem to be able to carry the weight of everything that is thrust upon him.

However, I trust in the force to guide me through this obstacle. And with these thoughts scampering around in my mind, I allow darkness to veil my world.

*end*

2. CrystalSaber_1

CrystalSaber_1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2008
    That was very good...I especially liked the bits when she was talking about her friendship with Qui-gon.=D=
    P.S. Nice signature ;)

3. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
  4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautifully done!

But most of all, I shall miss seeing Qui-Gon and his lofty grin and gentle demeanor; I will miss his broad shoulders which seem to be able to carry the weight of everything that is thrust upon him.

:_| [face_love] =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.