main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Very Good Day*3/12* FINAL POST!! BRUCK GETS HIS JUST REWARDS

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    AND? there it was, out in the open. The horrible gut rendering truth for both Renny and Bruck, but oh so glorious a confession for Master Jinn's ears.

Qui-Gon glanced over at his apprentice to see Obi-Wan had moved. No, more than moved, he had gotten up and with his bare hands was digging around the area of the hole in the snow. He wasn?t actually accomplishing much, but Jinn realized not being able to help had harmed his apprentice as much as his words that voiced his mistrust in his apprentice had.

Jinn reached to where Obi knelt on his knees, hard at work, at the spot where the sun had broken through the now very big hole in the snow, and gently stopped his child from what would surely cause frostbite on his uncovered hands. Mercifully the two suns that beat down on the planet aided in melting it away. It already had begun to melt from the outside in with the heat of the suns, rare for that time of year.

However, Master Jinn had learned through his many years of travels as a Jedi master that "many miracles are based on rarities of some kind."

The master pulled Obi?s hands away from the freezing snow and Obi-Wan up off his knees. The king?s men took over what Obi was doing only with their collapsible shovels instead of their hands. It would not have taken long to suffer frostbite doing what Obi did. Jinn immediately took the boy?s hands and cupped them in his larger ones. He gently rubbed the warmth and blood back into them

?There, there Obi, everything is going to be fine.?

?Is it Master? Is it really? I just wanted to help in some way. Are we free, now? What a stupid question. Even if we are free from this cave *I* will never be free and things will never be fine.?

Jinn noticed the seemingly dazed state of his apprentice and could only attribute it to the decreased oxygen supply. He really didn?t have a reason for Obi?s lack of interest in Renny and Bruck's confession. He also wrongly attributed Obi?s confusion as the reason he seemed so deflated at the news he had been vindicated. The truth was out and Obi-Wan had been guilty of nothing but a toxin induced state of truly not kowing the truth about Norin's death.. The news never made the apprentice the least bit pleased.

Jinn pulled his apprentice?s hands up to his mouth and blew his warm breath on them. Satisfied that Obi-Wan would not become frostbitten, he let go of them.

?Obi, did you here anything we discussed over there with Bruck and Renny??

He suddenly cast a quick glance to where they had been. Xanatos already corralled the boys and took them out of range of Master Jinn?s wrath, should it begin.. He knew from past experience as his apprentice, it was not a good thing to cross Master Jinn. Although they were just young men, children really, Xani was taking no chances. Not because of the boys? safety mind you, but for his master?, well?his former master?s safety.

King Gorbem was delighted to be rescued by the Jedi master. He hadn?t thought about the later peril of seeking shelter or anything else for that matter. His concern was their escape and it was at hand. Thanks to Master Jinn.

He also hadn?t intended to interrupt Jinn and his apprentice but in his zeal to return the favor to Jinn for their rescue he wanted to grant him something.

?Master Jinn, Qui-Gon, thank you. Oh excuse me, I have interrupted you and your apprentice.?

The same apprentice that just earlier he?d told Jinn would be shot if he moved the wrong way now had the utmost respect from the king.

Jinn graciously excused the king. He himself was in a better mood than earlier and being Jedi, he knew he shouldn?t really hold a grudge either. Even though King Gorbem held them captive he had no real animosity at the moment.

?Well Jedi, I am so thankful for your kind assistance. Although I am not sure I cared for the way you went about it. You know we had our disagreements, about the child, I mean. Nevertheless, to show you my appreciation, I will not have the force collar put on you . I am sorry

2. Xeana

Xeana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2003

Oh. That's kind of hopeful and sad at the same time. Sad because Jinn's being stupid agian to poor Obi-Wan, but hopefully Obi-Wan will help Qui-Gon get over Xanatos' betrayal. Great job!

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Is Jinn pulling a bucket head again?

4. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    *Looks at new thread title*

Aw, crap.....

5. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    omnious rumblings from someone we are still not sure is sane yet!

:eek: :D

Great job!

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I have a feeling obiwan isn't going to be talking to quigon much and if i where obiwan i wouldn't either, i would just tell quigon i no longer wanna be your apprentice untill you can pull your head out of your fanny! 8-}

7. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I have a feeling this story is far from over.... :D

8. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
  9. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001

Out finally, free with plenty of air to breathe. Out in the sun and although the temperatures stilled hovered a good twenty degree below zero, there wasn?t one in the group that didn?t welcome being outside the cave. Now there was only the intense cold to deal with. All *thought* that would be preferable to suffocating to death. However, after they walked for three hours and no hope of a cave to rest their weary bones, or a place to shelter them from the wind so their camp fire could do some good, some in the group may have changed their minds of which *kind* of death was preferable. Had they stayed in the cave, assured death by suffocation might have been more agreeable to them than freezing miserably and still forced to wonder about their fate as they slept in the subzero temperature.

All the group would be forced to fall asleep, only to wonder if they would wake up or if their lives be claimed by a more silent and subtle death than suffocation, hypothermia.

?Well Jinn, have any other bright ideas? I mean we are out but if we die here in the snow, it is not much better.?

? King Gorbem is you appreciation for me fading so quickly? Now you want to blame me for this. I told you once we were out and away from the mountains, we would have to remain so. Look, just since getting off the mountain ridge, we have witnessed two smaller avalanches. Now our only chose in shelters is out in the open. We can build a lean-to out of trees to one side and blocks of snow on the other. It will block the wind and help provide us with needed shelter. The fire will at least stay lit.?

?Very well, then find you some trees to start this ridiculous project of ours. I can?t believe you expect us to stay out in the open tonight as cold as it is.?

?I hope that the populace of this fair little planet does not decide to take objection to our being here. That might be more disagreeable than the cold."

Master Jinn was surprised at himself that the last sentence just popped up for no obvious reason than to build anguish in the contrite overweight king, who had done nothing but make his and his companions' lives miserable.

?Come on Jinn, you have to be kidding. There couldn?t be anyone on this planet alive, nothing resembling a human anyway. I haven?t seen a sign that there is an intellectual group of anything here; a few snow thumpers I saw tracks of theirs back a ways. Oh and I did see a couple of white foxes and one slither bug on a snow-laden tree branch. He probably inadvertently came out because of the bright sunshine and now will die because he broke his hibernation cycle, but nothing with an IQ above fifty.?

?That is because "they" don?t want you to see them. They are here. I can guarantee that they know you are here as well. I don?t know what has kept them from showing themselves yet. Fear maybe or a desire to catch us out in the open, easier prey, for like you said, their IQ is not the highest but their battle ethics are. If our shelter in the caves is what has kept them away, they will be most pleased with where we have made camp tonight. Yes Gorbem, most pleased. If they have any objections to us being on their world, they will more than likely voice them tonight, while we have no cave to protect us.?

Qui-Gon wasn?t sure if he believed his own words or if he said them only to create fear into the man who had made his mission most miserable.

####that evening####

The makeshift shelter provided some protection from the wind. Jinn couldn?t help but think anyone not force sensitive or like his young force sensitive companions with collars on, might freeze to death. He wanted to share his robe and his warmth with his apprentice. At least he had the force?s help to aid him with added warmth. However, when everyone sat down around the fire to make believe they were comfortable, Obi-Wan rushed to sit with Xani.

Olla watched the pair and only wished she had been able to do the same thing. King Gorbem had her sit beside him and she only kept quiet so as not to get the Jedi

10. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    yup= buckethead

11. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm starting to wonder if quigon will ever pull his head out of his @$$!!!!

12. JediVeloJinn

JediVeloJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2003
    Wow. I've only just found this gem and I have a lot of wonderful reading to do :) yippee.

um, Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl, well, I saw a reply of yours where you were looking for a story you'd read where Obi is a knight, and isn't talking, and Qui is helping him while Ani is away on a mission. I think that you're talking about LuvEwan's story - coming home. It isn't finished, but I really love LuvEwan's stories, so I recommend it even if it isn't the one you're looking for. I can't find it here on JC but here is the address at fanfiction.net http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1354084 um, is this the story you meant?

~Velo~

13. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Last post, it sounds like King Gorbem will honor his deal with Qui-Gon. Obi-Wan is smart but it will take plenty to patch this up between him and his master.

I can?t blame him for being angry with Qui-Gon. He has done nothing to warrant Qui?s mistrust but has to deal with it. Nothing wrong with the little immature behavior, LOVE THE ANGST!

This is setting up for some more wrenching on the worry strings. King?s men dropping all around.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D [face_laugh] I?M BACK...
    New logic board, new keyboard and some kinda assembly. I?ll never say a bad word about Applecare extended warranty again. 3 days to fix and fly back and forth!

14. JediVeloJinn

JediVeloJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2003
    Sorry for the abruptness (it?s really stilted). I?m not terribly good at written stuff so it doesn?t flow very well.

I really liked the beginning, and how Obi enjoyed his half day off. It surprised me later, although it made sense, that Obi would prefer time with his Master in the city, because I truly believed that Obi enjoyed those periods of peace by himself. I guess that he does enjoy them but he would prefer to have the company of his Master.

And I felt so sorry for Obi when on the ship Master Jinn sided with Bruck instead of with his Padawan.

The extent with which I feel sorry for Bruck is to wonder if anything will become of him since he is so obviously corrupt, only wishing to be a Jedi to further his power and never sorry for his misdeeds, only that they are found out. One has to feel a bit sorry for a person like that, huh?

Aside from the interplay between the characters, including all their thoughts (shielded or not), I have to hand it to you for an amazing plot (in my opinion, of course). At every turn, my mouth is hanging open and I?m thinking that it couldn?t possibly get worse, but then it does.

I suppose that it is because I?m not reading it close enough, but I?m not sure right now whether or not Obi is fully recovered from the toxin of the Queen. I suppose not, because he now fears Qui-Gon (although he has good reason to after Qui?s actions), and faked the catatonic state to avoid Qui-Gon after his humiliation. That makes me sad. I thought that he was making progress, since he only wanted to protect Qui-Gon on Telos. Of course, it?s never simple, which is why this tale is a delightfully long one. It took me the better part of a day to read up to here.

I also loved how you had Qui-Gon tell King Gorbem to pray??hehe??.only Qui-Gon would tell that to the King, huh? Others are too cowardly. It was really well put by you.

And Corbin?s reasoning when it came to helping the queen or not??and that he sticks to his guns in looking to his conscience as his guide.

Xani?..he?s a good guy, right? But do you show more about what happens to him with regard to his outbursts of anger? How can he live a peaceful life if he isn?t fully in control of himself sometimes? But I love the way in which he draws out Bruck, and how he?s starting to think about the full consequences of his past action.

Hehe?probably something that isn?t usually commented on, but I really appreciate the mildness of words that are usually not so ?? friendly ?.. um ?.. that are usually ?? more wild.

I found it amusing, the way in which Qui-Gon shook off his drunken state, yet still had to deal with the after-effects of indulging. I?d never really thought about it but it makes sense that he can shake it off as easily as he overcomes anger.

Um, I don?t suppose that you usually get such a mixed-up bunch of comments that I?m trying to pass off as feedback, but here you go. It?s only because I saw this story recently and read through it in one go.

Can?t wait for the next post.
    Keep up the cliffies?um?.tension.
    ~Velo~

15. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    VELO Welcome and hope you continue to post. You should love the next post if you like cliffies. Now for the rest of you;

I have a lovely little cliff hanger. READ ON my friends!!!

##############

Master Jinn rushed the several meters away from his attacker, he thought necessary to be out of out harm?s way of the coarsely but effective built spear the unknown aggressor lunged at him with.. Suddenly it donned on him. He could get away from the spear of the one particularly hell-bent on sending him to the force. However the bow and arrow the longhaired, beaded *man* exchanged it for was a different matter to be handled entirely.One could not put the amount of distance between an arrow and themselves needed to keep from being wounded.

Master Jinn could not help but think, almost humorously, that the man he fought was not all that dissimilar in looks to a throwback of a partially upright mammal/human of the Neanderthal era.

Weaponless, but not forceless enabled the master to at least gather his thoughts which he should have had under control to notice the onslaught of men. However, he knew now was not the time to assess his mistakes. . With the aid of the force, he made it even colder with a rush of wind, that to others would have seemed like a miracle. The sudden and strong gust of force-generated wind instantly extinguished the fire. Next Master Jinn used the force to attempt to home in on the location of his saber.

Obi-Wan watched his master until the fire went out and the black of night overtook all of them. It was harder for their aggressors to see and injure them but it was equally as hard for those in Jinn?s group to get away.

So much swirled in Jinn?s head, it took a moment to focus in the dark. Although Renny and Bruck had committed a crime of outrageous proportions, they were still Jinn?s responsibility. He had to see to them. Then, there was a disabled Xanatos with hands bound and with no use of his force or a weapon. Obi was in much of the same situation, except his hands were not in cuffs.

Oh, I almost forgot Princess Olla. How can I possibly gather all of them up and to safety, with no way to fight our attackers?

The least and last of his worries was the king. He had no thoughts of ill will for the man but neither was he Master Jinn?s priority. At the moment he wasn?t even in Jinn?s thoughts to protect him whatsoever.

Obi and Xani had problems of their own. First Xani had cuffs on. Both without the force, could do very little to help Master Jinn, but both knew they had to in some way, force or no force help themselves until Jinn was free to assist them or the other way around.

Arrows zoomed past their heads. They weaved and bobbed their way toward where they each wanted to be; Obi toward his master and Xani to Olla.

The advantage of darkness only lasted for a few moments. It appeared to Master Jinn that these unique beings on this world could not lonely withstand the intense cold, but they could adjust to the different degrees of light, to near darkness if need be.

A moan from one of Gorbem?s soldiers as he was struck down was evident of their accuracy with the weapons even in the dead of night. Another evidence of their unique ability of night vision was an arrow shot into Master Jinn?s shoulder, From the one who earlier tried so tenaciously to kill me, thought the master.

Even with their force collars on, both apprentices knew instantly that their master, former master, was injured. A sharp pain of his wound sizzled through their respective bonds, weakened but workable. To what degree he was injured was in question.

The collars did have a way of mangling the communications and Obi-Wan wasn?t sure of the extent of his master?s injuries, only that he was still alive. I think he is alright, just hurt. Yes, alive but injured in some way.

Xantos now had two worries to contend with; the safety of his beloved and Jinn?s possibly deadly situation..

The old man has let himself bec

16. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Nooooooooooooo! [face_shocked]

fights to catch breath and stop eyes from bugging out!

Action filled post but WHO! Qui-Gon pierced, is okay, but not Obi. :_| I can deal with Xan too, much as I like him. :( but not Obi. :_| (oh, I said that)

I hope you don?t expect me to sleep tonight. :mad: Ahhhhhhhh! I scream again. Wait till JTJG read this!

EDIT: added comma. I DO LIKE XANI [face_love] too! Came looking for YOU. Your going to make us wait aren?t you? [face_snarl]

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Ahhhhhhhhhh

*grabs bungee cord*

18. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Oh Dear!!!

Things look very bleek indeed!!

How long are you planning to torture us before we get the next part? ;)

19. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    *de-lurks after reading post*

[face_plain]

*reaches for her lightsaber hilts*

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~GASP~ ~GASP~ ~GASP~ ~GASP~ ~GASP~ ~GASP~ ~GASP~

I DO NOT BELIVE YOU DID THIS TO US MY GOD WOMAN 8-}!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE SAY IT'S XANI AND HE DIES THEN MAYBE QUIGON WILL FINALLY PULL HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS BIG FAT @$$!!!!!!

BUT IF IT'S OBIWAN WELL THEN WE KNOW THIS WONT BE HAVING A HAPPY ENDING DONT WE :_|!!!!!!!!!!

21. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    BLAAAARGGGGGHHHH!!! You come and post NOW, ewen. :mad: I don't know what you're playing at - and quite frankly I couldn't care less if Qui-Gon died, but you're going to find police knocking on your ground if the *HIM* in the post was who you're so happily insinuating him to be. [face_plain]

No, good job!!

Aunecah

22. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    ...which one? :_|

[image=http://altair-rigel.com/TFN/which.jpg]

JA #2 and #6 ...what a fight that was to post with microsoft explorer - the boards are nuts today, switched to Safari browser! People are posting that netscape is working too.

BACK TO THE POST... ...WHICH ONE!!!? :_| :_| :_|

23. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    A Very Good Day*1/18* BATTLE WON, ANOTHER ONE TO BEGIN!!! WHERE'S THE POST??????

24. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Where's the new post?

25. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Altaira- Thanks for the visual. Added to the story, I thought. Now, on to the post!!!!

###############

King Grobem might have been a crude man when it came to the matters of the heart. He also might be considered a cruel person because of his actions toward Xani and Olla just because they loved each other, and he was certainly a man with no respect for anything around him. Nevertheless the king was not all that stupid.

He understood if he was make it out of this alive he needed the Jedi, Master Qui-Gon Jinn in particular. That is where he directed three of his men, to the fallen Jedi, their only hope.

The one medic that traveled with the king, his personal healer immediately went to work with arrows flying past his head. He pulled the arrow from the master?s shoulder, stopped the bleeding, and administered a medication that would promote healing and eliminate pain.

There, that done the healer asked the king if he should go to the other Jedi. A swift ?NO! ? came from King Gorbem. The king had rushed to Jinn?s aid to personally oversee his care, but he wouldn?t lift a finger to help the other Jedi and most assuredly he didn?t plan to jeopardize his healer?s life.

I might need him before this trip is over.

"For force sake Jinn get up. My men can?t hold their own against these barbaric people."

Jinn shook the grogginess off. He had forgotten for a moment what he witnessed right before passing out. The memory returned with a vengeance in his mind and he looked to where the fallen apprentice had been.

He wasn?t there. Gone, pulled away by someone. Jinn never even assumed he could have gotten up and walked away on his own.

?Where is he??

?Who ? Make some sense Jinn. I think you still are confused from the unconsciousness. If you don?t get up and help my men, there won?t be any of us to help. They are falling like flies.?

The king hooked his hands under Jinn?s armpits and began to lift, but stopped when he realized the size of the giant Jedi.

Qui-Gon shook himself lose from the king and got up with his saber still in hand.

?Where did he go? Did your healer tend to him??

?Oh? oh, you mean your friend. No I couldn?t allow my healer to get any closer to the fighting and he was on the groiund right in the middle of it. I don?t know what happened to him.?

There was no more time for thoughts of where the young man was. One of the fiercest looking of the bunch decided to make his way to the Jedi master and see if the injury he would cause would be one of a more permanent one. Jinn knew he was needed and he if he didn?t stop the onslaught, he wouldn?t have to worry about either Xani or Obi-Wan.

Jinn rushed over to where Renny and Bruck stood huddled together. Bruck had his saber and even though two Jedi had been injured, had watched it take place he still did not activate his saber.

When Jinm reached him, he shouted over the uproar of the Banshee sounding cavemen.

?Chun, give me your saber, if you don?t plan to use it.?

Bruck flinched at the words' meaning.

?You told me I should stay out of the fight, that it too dangerous.

?Well I didn?t know you would stay of out so far as to possibly endanger yourself. Your weapon out in front of you might have been more protection than you and Renny huddled to together trying to out-shake the other with fear"

Master Jinn thinks I am afraid. DAH I am.. but I didn?t want him to think I was or worse yet know it.

Jinn grabbed the saber from the boy?s hand and activated it.

Now armedwith two sabers the Jedi master first intended to lunge toward his opponent before he got to him. He thought better of it when another idea came to him.

I have another plan, hopefully a more productive one. I will wait for him to come to me then I will??..

Jinn?s thought were interrupted. He knew he only had seconds before his attacker with his jagged teeth showing to reach him. Jinn extended Bruck?s saber out turned it a couple of times and looked at it in awe.

Not my

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.