main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends A Very Good Day*3/12* FINAL POST!! BRUCK GETS HIS JUST REWARDS

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ewen, Oct 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That's right Altira- bane appears, causes trouble then vanishes.

2. jeday

jeday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2004
    I like this Dex more and more.
    Hey, Sidious should beat Bruck instead of Obi-Wan.
    :mad:

3. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Stop back on the 9th of March the final and most interesting chapter is coming!!!

PEACE ewen

4. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
  5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I wanted to go over this again, before I posted but I have to go take a final now and I didn't want to make you wait!!!. I hope you can muddle through it and that I haven't made too many mistakes... Like the other day,[when I didn't use microsoft word] Ha ha!!! ewen

####

Healer Corbin grasped Renny?s forearms, possibly a little harder than he intended, but he wanted the boy?s attention. He wanted Renny to look at him and not at the torture going on in the corner at the other side of the room.

Obi-Wan had sustained an uncountable series of blows at the hand of Sidious, and the teenaged gnome had been reduced to tears because of it. Yes, Starlight Gnome Renny was arrogant, of that Corbin knew. He was selfish, Corbin accepted it. But most of all Renny was part of the Gnomes. That part, the younglings had never suffered at the hands of anyone, had never seen anything thing in the way of abuse because the dwarfs did not even physically discipline their children.

A lot of mistakes had been made by one of his own. Still, after all was said and done, seventeen year-old Renny was a member of the Starlight Gnomes and Corbin, as their leader felt obligated to bring the boy back to the fold, encourage him to face his punishment, and go from there. He realized Renny was in part not responsible for all his actions.

However, the Gnome leader was very aware of the fact that there had to be a dark place in the young one?s heart for thoughts of killing even to resonate in his mind. The evil thoughts and harbored dark feelings were all it took for Bane to grasp onto and cause Renny to have much more abominable thoughts and to finally act on them.

Bruck Chun sat beside Renny with his arms crossed over the top of his knees as his head languidly rested on both.

He hadn?t had to be told not to watch all the horrendous torture of the Jedi apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi. He had been taught ways of torture that might be used against one that possessed the force and he thought he understood it, was prepared to watch it, and possibly have it inflicted on him. However, after only minutes of witnessing the blood fly from Obi?s mouth, saw the power of which Sidious put behind each precisely planned strike and hearing the crunch of bones as they cracked under the violence of the dark one?s clenched fists, he quickly changed his mind.

He was actually thankful for the noise just on the other side door of their ?hideout?. It broke up the horrific torture Sidious seemed so deliciously involved in. The dark apprentice stopped his abuse of Obi-Wan only to direct his attention to that noise. Everyone in there knew it was the Jedi and a battle was just about to ensue.

Now came the hard part for Bruck Chun. Renny had already chosen his side and in doing so would do as Corbin bid. Corbin had plotted a plan on how to assist the JedI if the necessity and the opportunity arose. He also informed Renny that if they did not make it out alive, he would be assured a place equal to what the Jedi?s belief in one with the force was. Renny was satisfied with that, but had no true desire to die at such young age.

Bruck wasn?t even sure he wanted in the battle, but knew in some way or another, for one side or the other he would be drawn in it anyway. Sidious had already mumbled to himself his concern with the upcoming fight between him and the two Jedi on the other side of the door. Bane had insisted he would not interfere, though Bruck found that hard to believe.

If his apprentice finds himself losing to the Jedi, how will Lord Bane avoid aiding his dark apprentice? If he doesn?t, he might find himself gone... puff like a puff of smoke.

Suddenly without even thinking on it more, Bruck knew which side he had to choose. He would battle with the Jedi if it became necessary for him to battle at all. One thing he had learned through all this was that he didn?t have the stomach or the courage to go up against a more powerful nemesis. Yes, it had been a lot different when he taunted the younger initiates at the temp

6. Altaira

Altaira Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Got my heart pounding and eyes buggin?! [face_shocked] Violent showdown indeed! It is a no win deal to give up his weapon.

Grasping for hope. There is still Corbin! :_| :_| :_| a distraction... a hope... ah... ANYTHING!!!!

Noble words from Qui-Gon, if all are going to die. Meaning I want him to fight! Life just works better for all with Goodness. It will conquer... <sighs and hopes for all...> sniffle.

No bonfires today, thank you. I have been known to like quick finishes but NOT TODAY!!!

7. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Ready??. Yes, I suppose I am. I forgot to ask, do you have a plan or are we going to just bust our way in and like the knights of old, start slashing through piling up bodies as we go?? [face_laugh]

8. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Oh, such a big cliffie!!!
    Think fast Qui-Gon, save Xan and Obi. I don't mind Bruck. :p
    Good luck in your finals! :D

9. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Sweet! Sweet! and more sweet!! Love it, I do! :D
    Excellent portrayal of the pcs (well Xani of course is not totally Xani... but who cares? I like this Xani better than the orig!! hehehe)
    Can't wait for the next chappy!

10. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ~ATTACK MY BEANIE BABIES MUHAHAHAHAHAHA~

11. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    JJGirl Nice that you found time to stop by again!!!
    ################

Sorry! I am wrong again. It will take another post to finish up with the loose ends.

Be sure to stop back Saturday morning. You might find it fitting and amusing the council?s punishment of Bruck Chun.

No!! it is different than a one way ticket to Bandomeer and the Agricorps!!!

################

The three other captives, Corbin, Renny and Bruck sat huddled together.

Not one of them moved a muscle or even inhaled too deeply. They feared the attention from the dark sided master or apprentice would be drawn to them. Corbin had told Renny of his idea, but often a soundly laid plan isn?t the best plan. He knew he had no way of fighting the sith. Really, it was a thought of grandeur when it came to a gnome fighting a sith.

Bruck saw the glow of Master Jinn?s green saber as it lay as yet unclaimed on the floor. Darth Sidious had haphazardly kicked it to the side. Maybe he felt he didn?t have to worry about anyone retrieving it, maybe he forgot about the huddled little group who awaited their fate, or just maybe he was just too anxious to succeed and impress his master, Bane. What ever the reason, the saber was left untended and forgotten on the floor.

With his eyes fixed on the saber with no one to wield it, an idea came to Bruck?s mind. Even he had to admit the idea was out of the ordinary and far-fetched for him to even contemplate. Nevertheless, they did need a way out or all of the captors might wind up dead at the hands of Bane.

Corbin glanced at Bruck, followed his stare, and ended up being focused on the same t hing Bruck's stare was, the unclaimed saber.

Does the boy have an idea? What am I saying? This is not a typical Jedi. This is Bruck. I already know he is not quite the Jedi the other three are.

Anyway, Corbin could hope. He touched the sleeve of Bruck?s robe and the startled Jedi initiate jumped before he realized who had did it.

A whispered Corbin spoke.

?Chun, do you have a plan? Do you know how to use that weapon of Master Jinn?s??

Bruck looked incredulously at the gnome,and whispered back.

?Of course, I know how to use that saber. It might be a bit more powerful than the one I owned, but yes I can use it. That will be the only way to help Jinn. My problem will be Bane. I am not sure how to keep him contained.?

Corbin recognized the problem the initiate would have. Bane wasn?t a normal sith, he was the sith. He created, ruled, and breathed life into dark side with his own unleashed evil.

Obi-Wan lay on the floor not unconscious but unable to move without immense pain somewhere. In the shape he was in he didn?t want to move except?.

Except Master is here for me and in trouble. I have to find a way to do something. I felt our bond more powerfully than ever before. It still resides where it should be between he and I. I don?t know what has happened between he and Xanatos but something has. I don?t feel that nudge of another in my mind any longer.

The young Jedi padawan saw what Bruck had leveled his stare on. He at first thought it would be an opportune time to grab the saber then he realized he was thinking of Bruck doing it.

I don?t know if that would be such a good idea. I don?t think he is capable of swinging a wet noodle with any accuracy. I have my doubts he can handle a saber with so much power behind it as Master Jinn. I have once used it and ?.

Obi thoughts trailed off as he watched the initiate edge his way unnoticed, except by him to the saber. He held his breath and waited. It was their only chance maybe but a slim chance it was.

Sidious, used his saber to direct the Jedi master over by where Xani was being held in a dark force hold. Clearly his intent was to put Jinn at least temporarily in the same force field as Xani, but he hesitated a moment. He didn?t want to take a chance Crion would jump him once he released the force field long enough to get Jinn behind it as well. Bane noticed it at first. He sa

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah!!! Woo-hoo! Glad the bond is back and Sidious beat feet! *snrk* coward that he is hehehehe

Good form! :D can't wait for the next one!

13. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    *de-lurks*

*applauds*

*re-lurks*

14. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Bruck is helpful as a bad example. :D

15. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Obi-Wan did show his exceptional strength and quick thinking even with his slooow body.

[face_shocked] Bane took one look at himself and was blasted to smithereens. (heehee, I know fireball ) WOOHOO! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Great fast thinking and Obi-Wan did not even use a saber. :)

Bruck did show an inkling of backbone at the end. An example would have been nice but I am sure you have something better planned. Maybe he?ll get Corbin?s hat with the words dunce on it. snicker

Looking forward to Saturday. :)

16. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Bane will be back 8-}

17. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray for Obi_wan

18. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Obi-Wan totally enjoyed the soothing of his bruises as he sunk into his second bubble bath of the day. The first had been when he first got out of bed before break-fast. With a very big day ahead of him, Obi-Wan had wanted to feel better than he did when he first woke up, stiff and sore.

Now the bubble bath was to ease away the aches incurred from that long day. It might seem girlie to some for a boy to soak in a tub of bubbles and aromatic healing salts, but the aches to his body loved it. It felt gloriously pacifying to his battered and abusive frame..

Qui-Gon Jinn was just on the other side of the fresher door. He was busy cleaning up after several guests Master Yoda Mace, Xani and Olla, the ?bride and groom" included. Corbin and Renny had also been there. He had delayed his trip home just to attend the wedding of Xanatos Crion and his beloved, Olla. That was what made the day so long for Obi-Wan, the hastily planned marriage of Xanatos Crion and his princess Olla.

Olla had been there with her defiant but finally agreeable father to meet Xani when he returned to Coruscant. Olla?s father first insisted on a regal royal wedding on his home world but when Olla threatened to elope and never return, the king found that alone persuasive enough.

Neither Xani or Olla was willing to wait for their wedding. Too many things had already come between them and the altar and they didn?t plan for any unforeseen problems to stop them this time.

Xani had already been placed in a very high diplomatic position as ambassador between Coruscant and the king?s home world. It suited Xanatos just dandy because he would have frequent visits to Courscant and communication with the Jedi and with his surrogate father Qui-Gon.

Everyone planned to depart to their destinations the next day. Of course Xani and Olla had already escaped for a seven day stay on Alderran, paid for by the Jedi. Quite a beautiful little bungalow awaited them before Xani took over officially his duties.

There was one person however that did not attend the festivities. Bruck Chun had been confined to private quarters until he left for his destination.

Qui-Gon pressed the entire left side of his face against Obi?s door and shouted through it.

?Obi-Wan, you are going to turn into a prune unless you get out of that water and dress for bed.?

Obi yelled back through the door to his master.

?I know?. I?m coming. I just like this hot water.?

Jinn abruptly, without warning or permission opened the door and stuck his head in.

Obi ducked his head under the water.

?It is hardly necessary to drown yourself. You can?t see any part of you below your neck with all those bubbles and I have seen your head uncovered before you know.?

Jinn knew it wasn?t *exactly* his *head* Obi-Wan tried to cover.

?Ha HA master can?t a boy have any privacy around here??

?Jedi don?t? have a sense of modesty. Well we are taught we shouldn?t. Now out of the tub with you.?

?Master, the only litany I have been taught is fear leads to anger, anger leads to the dark side. There was no mention of modesty or shyness. I think you just now threw that in to suit you. It certainly didn?t say a word about modesty or shyness when your master comes unannounced in the fresher while his nearly adult padawan is in a total state of undress, bathing no less.?

Jinn looked down at his apprentice, his smile was quickly replaced with a fake stern look.

?Adult? HUMPH? Thirteen and now you think you are an adult. I suppose next you will demand to given your trials for knighthood. No my imp, you have a while to go before you are *grown*.?

Jinn shut his eyes for a moment and silently thanked the force that he did have another good ten years with his precious apprentice.

?Will you at least go and close the door so I can get out? I am slowly turning into a Popsicle in this water.?

?Yes, I will go. However, if your aren?t in the main room in five minutes, I will be back. If I have to return, I will personally pull you from that tub. It is very late. We have to

19. Altaira

Nov 11, 2002
    Xani did enjoy getting the best of Bruck and Bruck won?t be able to pull anything over on him. It?s a good way for Xani to release his tension of the day...

Get your toothbrush Bruck. You can start cleaning the floors over there... Bruck goes UGGGH. [face_laugh] Bandomeer will look better and better to him. Wonder if Olla and Xani will live at the palace, lots of floors. [face_devil]

You have managed to end this with a happy note, had me worried many times along the way. I like how Obi-Wan looks on Xani as an older brother. He and his master have a friendly relationship without all the holding back from the beginning. Qui is playfully bossy but nice, great improvement.

It has turned into A Very Good Day Indeed! (lots of bubbles) heehee.

Thanks for all your hard work on this! :) guess I should stop lurking on the other and go find out what happened to Obi. ;)

20. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Xanatos with free reign- Brucky poo will be dreaming of Agricorps quickly

Good ending :)

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Woo-hoo! Well at least the brat gets a second chance... well so to speak. My bet is on Xanatos ;)
    Excellent finale :D

22. jeday

Jan 4, 2004
    Bruck will have a unforgettable time under Xanathos care. :D
    Thank you for this great story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.