main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW A Very Polcheck Christmas...From Outer space!

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Dec 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Ho Ho ho! Merry Christmas! To celebrate the silly season we have once more dived into Santas sack and pulled out the newest Hans Polcheck Adventure! Yes, its our second annual Christmas special, and it's a doozy!

When Hans recieves a call from his old friend Weasel, he has to go see if its true...ALIENS! And when the aliens turn out to be a tad unfriendly, then its up to Hans to step up and spread some Christmas cheer....with his gun!

Polcheck Christmas 2

Craigs personal note:
    Guys, Im really very proud of this one. for the first time ever i had digital effects, we really kept the story flowing fast and funny, we overcame some rather large obstacles...It was a real journey. If you all only ever download ONE Polcheck EVER, then please make it this one. i also want to mention EVERYWHERE the special thanx that Darryl Watkins and Lee Launay did to make this one happen. Its a real testament to them both just how good it looks. we shot this in late October, and now, just ovr a month later here it is.

I hope u all enjoy it.
    -Craig

2. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    There arent many forums where i know people well enough to beg....but PLEASE someone watch this! Anyone, pretty please?

3. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    No worries; as soon as I can, I'll check it out. I'm looking forward to it. :D

4. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    I can't download it at work and I'm still working on my net access/home network. It'll have to wait until next week.

5. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I would love to watch it, but our computer freezes every time we try to watch quicktime videos or similar. Any chance of getting it up onto YouTube soonish, tis the only way I will be able to see it.

6. Scoot

Scoot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    Just caught the episode then! Very entertaining, and the homage to 40's, 50's, 60's Scifi was awesome!

Bring the Mayor back!!

Looks like a lot of fun to make!

P.S. Female Weasel = Hot.

7. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Thanx Scoot. I appreciate u taking the time to watch it :)

Amy is pretty cute. Thats Pats gf. But many people seem to be telling me they want more of The Chief...

8. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    I like it. :D I like it a lot. As someone's already said, it's a great homage to old school sci fi. Nice work, man. That must've been fun to make.

9. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    It was, thanks Sean!

10. mle

mle Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2003
    Yeah, congrats man.
    Thants probly the best polcheck ive seen. Except maybe the one i was in. But, Im awesome so what can ya do?

11. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    clearly u should be put into every episode ;)

Glad u liked it Em.

12. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    As I said before, crappy computer will not allow me to view it unless it is in flash format... :_|

13. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    i cant really do a flash compression for one person, Im sorry :(

Its weird u cant view quicktime though
    do u have the most recent version?

14. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    I dunno why it freezes in any attempt to view windows media player, quicktime etc, it all started when we had to re-boot windows and it stuffed everything up.

I totally understand the whole point about not doing it for one person, but is there no chance it can be added along side the others on YouTube? I don't understand the whole process of converting file formats so I don't know how much effort it takes.

15. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Rebel, I'm waiting for YouTube to get through the backlog they had over Christmas and New Years before I can make the Christmas Video 'LIVE'.

It should be up tomorrow (even though it's late)

16. Rebel_Padawan

Apr 11, 2003
    that's better than not at all Milney, so I thank you.

17. milney

milney Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2003
    Sorry for the delays:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0I6r20v6mE

18. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Thanks milney, I got to watch it at work on YouTube. :)

I liked the colour scheme and a lot of the shots turned out real nice (especially one where they're all running from the field). Kudos on the effects work. The day-for-night irked me a little in the beginning, but it grew on me. Again, sound needs work -- you've got to do Pat's improv dialogue justice! And if you can grab someone to be 'B' camera that'd give you double the coverage for all of that spontaneous, funny banter.

Merry Christmas, Polcheck. Santa is dead!

19. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Just out of curiousity, which parts did u have tyrouble hearing?

20. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    I'd be up for that, Scream, if you needed an extra camera. :) That's what I plan to do for the film I'm doing; I think it's safer with a second camera.

21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Next shoot is 3rd n 4th f Frbuary. I might take u up on that Sean...

22. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    Strangely enough I think that's when my shoot is. Hmmm... :p I'll let you know.

23. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Don't remember off the top of my head, but the issue was more about the sound quality, ie sounds like a handycam. See if you can hunt down someone who's willing & able to provide boom or wireless mike equipment. Sounds like a big ask (no pun intended), but I believe it'll make a world of difference.

24. Detonating-Rabbit

May 23, 2003
    I might be buying a boom and mic for my filming, cos' I need one for a few days in Feb. It costs $60 a day otherwise! And even though I would be reembursed, it's not the point. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.