main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC A VicFF meet and greet?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by HawkNC, Jul 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    I checked with IMAX and they have no idea when (or if) AOTCs is going to be screening in Melbourne.

Last I heard was that it could be a Sydney exclusive (as was the Star Wars FX IMAX film) but I have asked to be notified as soon as there is any news.

As for Shara, no comment. :D

Anyway, we have loads of events coming up that are bound to be heaps of fun.

Zone 3
    Sydney Bus trip
    AOTC DVD release
    Melbourne Cup Picinic
    Star Wars 25th anniversary Christmas Party
    Return of the Jedi 20th Anniversary Banquet

Just to name a few. :)

2. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    Sounds like a great idea!

LordVader - what are you planning for the release of the AOTC DVD?

3. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    That depends on FOX.

4. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    wELL, regardless of event, I'm prepared to have a go. I know I've said that often and ended up not turning up, and yeah, that'll probably happen again. The drawbacks of having a schedule trying to fit 34 hours in a day. [face_plain]

But I am sure that ONE OF THESE DAYS...I will be able to involve myself in some old skool Star Wars Fan Force!

5. _Holocron_

_Holocron_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2002
    Is the Sydney bus trup for the Star Wars museum display? If so, when's that happening?

6. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jedi_Master_Damir Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    _Holocron_, here's the link that's about the musuem trip

7. _Holocron_

_Holocron_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2002
    cheers.

doesn't tell me when it's all happening though. guess all will be revealed in due time.

8. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    You should PM or talk to lordvaderFF, he should know...

9. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Time for VicFF to unite as one under one banner, my friends! Enough of this bickering and taking sides, we're starting to sound like the bloody Democrats! I bring news that will draw us all together: AOTC is hitting the BIG screen! Starwars.com officially announced today that they are releasing Episode II: Attack of the Clones in IMAX format, digitally remastered so it looks better than ever on the biggest screen you will ever see! The current release date is November 1st in the US, but keep your eyes open for more updates on possible international releases. THIS will be our VicFF meet if it comes to our fair city. ;)

10. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    That is a big IF though Hawk. :(

But if it does happen, I'll be definately there :D

11. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Well, here's hoping. I'll be there for sure if they see fit to give us AOTC the way we want to see it...

12. BeeJay

BeeJay Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2002
    OK I'm new here, but the idea of SW on IMAX.....if it comes to pass I'll be there.

13. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    Time to remind everyone that everytime a good idea like this is wasted, a small ewok throws away the empty bottle of Jack, weeping over his broken life and shattered marriage to Ms Ewok, shaking as he hoists the rifle high to his tied up and screaming cubs before killing them, unable to bear the sight of their cute, precious eyes anymore.
    They loved him, they must always love him...but how could they love him when they found out how he had beaten their mother, how he had wasted the families money, gotten in trouble with the tax office...
    they had to die, thinks Mr Ewok. as he cries over there tattered and smoking remains, sliding his head into the noose despite the paralysing cowardice and misery that overcomes him, hanging himself from the cliff as the air slowly fades from his lungs, even in his last moments no peace afforded to him as he dies, the same way he lived...

in woe and agony...

remember, it WILL happen, if you let a good idea like this go to waste....

[face_mischief]

14. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    That's right people, think of the Ewoks! Technically, we only exist because Starwalking runs meets that are, by proxy, our meets. Can we truly call ourselves a Fan Force until we've had a meet of our own? We have the banner design, we have the icon, we even have the name, let's go all the way and become a true Fan Force!

15. DarkJediTJ

DarkJediTJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 26, 2000
    Well as you most Probible know I will not be able to come :_| Sorry :_|

16. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    Sorry to hear the TJ :(

Hawk, got any ideas on where our meet should be? Now that there's no IMAX I'm sure most of us are open to any suggestions.... Anybody???

17. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Well I think even Waverley Cinema has finished playind AOTC now so we can't even go and see it there one last time on the big screen. :(

18. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    Well, there's a few options, I suppose. We could hold our own Laserforce-type thing, organise a barbecue, have a group viewing of The Two Towers...it all depends on what people want to do, I'm open to suggestions.

19. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I don't have any suggestions but i'm in anyway :)

20. Protege-of-Thrawn

Mar 14, 2001
    I reckon I can be of help here.

Firstly, we need to work out everyone's location, so we can work out a half decent spot which is convienent for everybody.

I, Jet-Eye and R_P all live down Frankston/Mt Eliza way, but were all pretty flexible in terms of getting places.

How about everyone else? Please post your area's, and your ability to get other places. (Good Public Transport, generous parents etc. ;))

21. HawkNC

Oct 23, 2001
    We have a "where do you live" thread lying around somewhere, but it should probably be updated. ;) I'm down in Cheltenham, just up the train line from PoT, JE and Rogue. I can pretty much catch a train to anywhere, I live off public transport. Heck, by the time this is organised I might even have my own car. :D

22. Jedi_jem

Feb 1, 2002
    I live in Sunbury,
    I'm pretty sure I could get my parents to get me where I need to go and if the fails it's the bus or train for me! :D

23. Jedi_Master_Damir

Jan 19, 2002
    Nth Melbourne for me... so I can catch the trains from the city easily...

24. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I like the idea of the group viewing of The Two Towers. :D

Also I'm fine with wherever the event is held, I shouldn't have any transportation problems.

25. Jedi_jem

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah I kinda like the idea of a group viewing of The Two Towers. :D
    But anything is fine with me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.