Beyond ~A Walk In the Garden~, Drabble Challenge, Wk 10: Han and Leia

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: A Walk In the Garden
    Author: Flowerlady
    Timeframe: Post-New Jedi Order
    Characters: Various Pairings both Canon and OC's
    Genre: Romance, Drabbles
    Disclaimer: I own nothing.
    Summary: A collection of romantic inspired tidbits.
    A/N: Written for the Ultimate Drabble Challenge. Each week will explore various parings. Some will be canon characters in actual parings or "crack" parings. Some may even involve original characters, pretty much whatever I think fits that weeks topics the best....

And so we begin with my personal favorite...

~~Week One: Kyp and Jaina~~

~Beginnings~

She jumped out of the X-wing and franticly looked around. She couldn?t lose him. She reached out into the Force and felt her legs go weak when he reached back. Then within minutes she saw the battered X-wing come in.

Her breath caught and her heart skipped a beat while watching him stand and remove his helmet. He caught her as she flung herself into his arms. They both knew that this was the beginning, that there was no hiding after this. Kyp met Jaina?s gaze and without further thought, he captured her lips in a kiss perfecting their love.

~Middles~

She was perfect, beautiful he thought as he watched her in slumber. They had been married for several years and she still could take his breath away. Kyp reached down and gently brushed a wayward lock of hair from her forehead while he considered his fortune. He was in the middle of his life and she had made him complete.

She began to stir and he knew she would awaken soon and catch him watching her sleep again. Their reactions were always the same: she would blush and shyly smile; his would be to tell her that he loved her and to kiss her passionately.

~Ends~

She gazed down at him and thought back over their lives together, she couldn?t even remember them not being together.

He coughed and rasped, ?We had a good life, Goddess. You have made me happy and complete.?

She fought the tears; his end was near, ?I know. I would never have become who I am without you, Kyp.?

He coughed and his breathing become more labored, she could barely hear him, ?Goddess, I will always love you.?

She let the tears go as she felt his life leave him, ?I love you, my Mortal, wait for me.?

~First~

?Push, Jaina,? he encouraged while holding her hand. The labor hadn?t gone well and he was worried. He wished they weren?t alone trapped in the void of space.

?I can?t!? she gasped at the peak of the contraction.

?Just a little more, Goddess,? Kyp kissed her damp brow and let his strength wash over her.

?Ahhh!!? she arched her back and then bared down as the pain coiled around her, squeezing.

?That?s it,? he said watching his first-born son pass from his mother?s womb to land in his trembling hands.

Kyp left the tears fall as he presented Jaina their son.

~Last~

Jaina watched as the ship took off and she sighed. A small smile crossed her lips as Kyp wrapped his arms around her from behind. He grinned and whispered, ?Well, that was the last one, Goddess. Now, we have an empty nest.?

They had just witnessed the marriage of third child, their only daughter. She smiled and granted him a kiss on the cheek. ?Well, that?s true until the grandchildren start arriving at our door.?

Kyp scowled, ?There better not be any of those for a while. I?m nowhere ready yet.?

Jaina only laughed.

FL @};-
  2. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    First post!

That was really good! I loved it!=D=
  3. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    Loverly!!! Well done! =D=
  4. Mathom Jedi Knight

star 2
    Great drabbles! My favorites are definitely the mushy joy of Beginnings and the I'm-too-young-to-be-a-grandparent humor of Last. But all five of them are very well-done. I can't wait until the second set! :)
  5. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks...I'm glad that you like them... [:D]

Thanks....[face_blush]

Thanks....They are my favorites too...Thanks for reading...[face_blush]

FL @};-
  6. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    ~~Week Two: Ben and Jysella~~

~Hours~

Ben watched as she moved across the hanger. Her hand was entwined in her betrothed?s and she only had eyes for him. He wished on nearly every star that she would look his way, if only she would give him a few hours; he could change her mind. He wasn?t a kid any more. Sure, she was older than him, but not by too much.

Ben just had to find a way to make her remember him. Finding courage in the overwhelming love he felt for her, he stepped out of hiding before them.

?Jysella, I need to talk to you.?

~Days~

The sun was setting over their usual spot and Jysella wondered if he?d meet her today. It had been days since they had seen each other and she missed him. Suddenly, she felt Ben?s familiar strong presence and she turned to watch him climb the rocks. Her heart swelled as he smiled and finally he was before her wrapping her within the warmth of his arms, pressing his lips to hers. She moaned and melted into him as he deepened the kiss, while she entwined her fingers into his dark red-gold hair.

Breathless the kiss was broken and her green eyes met his blue.

~Weeks~

?She told me that she?d only be gone for two weeks,? Ben stared at the man bringing him the terrible news. Corran?s words still echoed in his brain, burning every fiber of it.

?I should never have let her go alone,? he whispered, hoarsely as unabashed tears run down both men?s cheeks.

?Ben, you couldn?t have prevented this. No one could have,? Corran quietly said, laying his hand on his son-in-law?s shoulder

?But I should have been there.? He barked the grief too much. Falling to his knees and covering his eyes he quietly sobbed, ?Jysella shouldn?t have died alone.?

~Months~

Jysella slowly turned to the mirror and gasped at the magic her mother had preformed on her. Her hair done in long curls, makeup flawless and her simple white dress hugged every curve.

?Ahhh?Jysella, Ben won?t know what hit him when he sees you,? Mirax said from behind her.

Jysella absently nodded and thought about the man she was about to wed. He had asked her six months ago after their whirlwind romance. She never dreamed she?d fall in love with the freckled-faced, red-haired boy, but she did.

?Mrs. Jysella Horn Skywalker,? she whispered, ?I still can?t believe it.?

~Years~

It had been ten years since they had seen each other and she was nervous. She remembered the last time she saw him and the look in the sixteen-year old boy?s eyes. But, now, he wasn?t that boy anymore, he was a battle hardened man.

She watched as he jumped out of the X-wing and as he scanned the crowd she instantly saw the change in him. He was tall, lean and his hair was long, he had never looked more handsome.

He walked over to her and smiled, ?Hi, Jysella.?

She blushed at his words, ?Hi, Ben.?

And that was the beginning.

FL @};-
  7. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    you did great on these FlowerLady!

I enjoyed the first/last one as well...but what can I say, since i'm in the midst of that child-rearing stuff i'm a sucker for it...:p

Great job!
  8. ZaraValinor Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, so sweet. I must admit that it was Ben/Jys that pulled me in but I loved your Jaina/Kyp as well.
  9. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    ack..you posted while i was reading your first set....

I liked how you entwined the time into the drabble itself, rather than using the time theme as passage from a fixed point. It was a ingenious way of doing it. Great job!!
  10. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    Jaina / Kyppie mush = [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Ben / Jysella mush = [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Read both, loved both!!!:D

Excellent FL!!
  11. Mathom Jedi Knight

star 2
    Beautiful post. I especially liked the way Hours and Years tied together. The mush was to die for, which is why Days is actually my favorite (although all of them were great). :)

Great job!
  12. frankieskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    totalyy agree with S_M
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    iloved it
  13. jaina_clan_solo Jedi Master

star 4
    wonderful snippets of much larger romances. You do a wonderful job of protraying the emotions.

I love the way that the second set came full circle!

jcs
  14. Zonoma Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_love]There is nothing like mush to wind up a long day. I think I actually liked Ben/Jysella better than Kyp/Jaina!:eek:Shocking, I know. Well done!

Zonoma
  15. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oooh Benella! Very nice! I like it.
  16. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Kidan
    you did great on these FlowerLady!
    Thanks...I think the hardest part was what I figured would be the easiest...staying within the 100 words limit...
    I enjoyed the first/last one as well...but what can I say, since i'm in the midst of that child-rearing stuff i'm a sucker for it...:p
    Those two are my favorites too...for the same reason...:D
    Great job!
    Thanks...for stopping by my garden...:)

ack..you posted while i was reading your first set....
    :D
    I liked how you entwined the time into the drabble itself, rather than using the time theme as passage from a fixed point. It was a ingenious way of doing it. Great job!!
    Well, since each drabble is a story onto itself...I wrote each one to fit the time...Thanks..again [face_blush]

ZaraValinor
    Oh, so sweet. I must admit that it was Ben/Jys that pulled me in but I loved your Jaina/Kyp as well.
    Thanks [face_blush] ...I'm glad you stopped by...I hope to explore different pairs each week...

SITH_MAYO
    Jaina / Kyppie mush = [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Ben / Jysella mush = [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

Read both, loved both!!!:D

Excellent FL!!
    Thanks...[face_blush] [:D]

Mathom
    Beautiful post. I especially liked the way Hours and Years tied together. The mush was to die for, which is why Days is actually my favorite (although all of them were great). :)

Great job!
    Thanks...They do tie together sort of but each one is a separate story...I'm glad that you liked them and hope that you keep reading...Thanks again...[face_blush]

frankieskywalker
    totalyy agree with S_M
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    iloved it
    Thanks...I'm glad that you checked it out...[:D]

jaina_clan_solo
    wonderful snippets of much larger romances. You do a wonderful job of protraying the emotions.
    Thanks for reading...I'm glad that you thought so...[face_blush]
    I love the way that the second set came full circle!
    They did but that wasn't my intent...:)

Zonoma
    [face_love]There is nothing like mush to wind up a long day. I think I actually liked Ben/Jysella better than Kyp/Jaina!:eek:Shocking, I know. Well done!
    Tnanks for taking the walk in my garden, Z...And actually I liked the Ben/Jysella set better myself...I think they were just easier to write...and Thanks again...[face_blush]

SilSolo
    Oooh Benella! Very nice! I like it.
    Thanks for reading...[face_blush]

FL @};-
  17. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    I missed the week two! They were great! Ben and Jys are growing on me:)
  18. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks....I really like Ben/Jysella. I think they are perfect together...Of course, I like Jacella too, I guess it's kind of like being a K/Jer and still liking a good J/J fic now and again...:p

FL @};-
  19. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    ~~Week Three: Jag and Shawnkyr (Kyrn)~~

~Red~

He opened his eyes and found himself gazing into a shining, concerned pair of red. He weekly smiled upon hearing, ?Welcome, back to the land of the living, Captain Fel.?

Jag was lying on a repulser sled which was being lifted up. He looked up to see the open hanger doors of a transport ship. That was when he realized what was happening.

He was being rescued.

Then he met Shawnkyr?s eyes again and said, ?I thought I was going to die here.?

She gave him a slight smile, ?You almost did.?

He knew then, she was the one who saved him. No one but her, his best friend.

~Grey~

Shawnkyr awakened before him and looked into his handsome face. She never thought it possible to love someone as much as she loved him. Their love was forbidden; for he was her commander and he was human. As the grey dawn awakened the icy city she wondered yet again if their love could survive never seeing the true light of day.

Jag opened his green eyes and met her red and gave her a heartwarming smile. ?Good morning.?

She smiled back and allowed him to shift their positions, ?Good morning.?

Then he kissed her and she knew she could keep their secret a little longer.

~White~
    (A/N: this uses the character of Cherith Nuruodo-Fel from my fic Love?s Sweet Promise. She is Jag and Shawnkyr?s only daughter, their second child. Her description from that story gives her a pale blue completion, normal human eyes of blue-violet, and black hair. She is described to look a lot like Syal Fel, her grandmother, and has also inherited the Antilles rebellious nature.)

She is beautiful, Kyrn thought as she watched her daughter ready herself for her special day. Kyrn could remember her own wedding day and the happiness it brought to her heart. She wished the same happiness for Cherith.

Cherith, turning around, smiled brightly. She had decided to wear a white gown, a human tradition, but then, Cherith had always been more human than she was Chiss. ?Mother, what are you thinking??

Shawnkyr walked forward and embraced her, ?I?m thinking that you are the most beautiful bride and your groom won?t know what to do.?

Cherith grinned mischievously, ?Good. I love one-upping that Jedi.?

(Another note for those not reading LSP, the Jedi is Zeth Durron, the son of Kyp and Jaina?)

~Black~

Jag tugged again at the tunic of his black dress uniform as he looked into the mirror.

?You look prefect, Jag,? came a teasing voice from behind.

Jag turned and gave his father a nervous smile, ?Were you this nervous on your wedding day??

Soontir grinned and stroked his cheek, ?Yes, I probably was. After all, your mother was a famous actress and I was just an Imperial flyboy.?

?True. But you hardly made history like Kyrn and I will today.?

?No we didn?t, but I loved your mother as much as you love Kyrn, isn?t that all that really matters??

~Blue~

Jag and Shawnkyr never argued but today they did and Jag wasn?t sure why.

?Kyrn, what is the real reason you think Jaina is so wrong for me??

She turned toward him and he was shocked to see a single tear slide down over her blue cheek, ?You do not know, do you, Jag??

He whispered as he wiped the tear away, his heart racing, ?Tell me.?

She swallowed, ?I love you, Jag. I don?t want to lose you.?

Jag instantly pulled her into his arms and whispered, ?I didn?t know. I?ve loved you for so long.? Then he passionately kissed her.

FL @};-
  20. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was great, I loved all the emotions! Great job!
  21. Mathom Jedi Knight

star 2
    I might be a devoted J/J-er, but I have my K/J, J/S moments. [face_shhh] :D

This set was fantastic. I liked how you used weddings to tie the different generations together: Cherith's in White, and Jag's and Soontir's in Black. And then there was Blue...[face_love]. Shawnkyr finally succumbs to "human" emotions?and gets handsomely rewarded.

Then he met Shawnkyr?s eyes again and said, ?I thought I was going to die here.?

These were my favorite lines. There is so much emotion is crammed into those few words.

Great job!
  22. TnTornado Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just read them all FL, and loved all of em! you did really good and can't wait to read more!!

TnTornado
  23. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    :D :D :D

Jag and Shawnkyr = [face_love] mushtastic!!!

Lol, I don't think thats a word *shrugs* oh well . . .

=D= Brilliant FL! I loved it!!!:D

Looking forward to more . .
  24. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Alishu06
    That was great, I loved all the emotions! Great job!
    Thanks...I'm glad that you liked it...[:D]

Mathom
    I might be a devoted J/J-er, but I have my K/J, J/S moments. [face_shhh] :D
    I won't tell anyone...I have my own J/J moments...:p
    This set was fantastic. I liked how you used weddings to tie the different generations together: Cherith's in White, and Jag's and Soontir's in Black. And then there was Blue...[face_love]. Shawnkyr finally succumbs to "human" emotions?and gets handsomely rewarded.
    Thanks...I love this pairing and wish I could write Shawnkyr better..I never feel that I truly do her justice...

These were my favorite lines. There is so much emotion is crammed into those few words.
    Thanks... I felt that summed up their relationship in so many ways..
    Great job!
    Thanks...[face_blush] [:D]

TnTornado
    Just read them all FL, and loved all of em! you did really good and can't wait to read more!!
    Thanks...so much for clicking..:)

SITH_MAYO
    :D :D :D

Jag and Shawnkyr = [face_love] mushtastic!!!
    I will agree...[face_love]
    Lol, I don't think thats a word *shrugs* oh well . . .
    Sounded good to me...:D
    =D= Brilliant FL! I loved it!!!:D
    Thanks...you always say the nicest things...[face_blush]
    Looking forward to more . .
    [:D]

FL @};-
  25. Araxie Force Ghost

star 3
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.