Beyond ~A Walk In the Garden~, Drabble Challenge, Wk 10: Han and Leia

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nice. I think I like White best. Gotta love interspecies 'ships.
  2. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. Princess Cambria Force Ghost

star 4
    All 3 drabbles were wonderfully written. Too many good ones to choose from for a favorite.=D=
  4. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Kyp scowled, ?There better not be any of those for a while. I?m nowhere ready yet.?

[face_laugh] I pity the man who tries to marry Kyp's daughter. I imagine he'd be a ferociously protective type. :p

He walked over to her and smiled, ?Hi, Jysella.?

She blushed at his words, ?Hi, Ben.?

And that was the beginning.

Oh! I loved that! [face_love] It was so simple and perfect. I also liked that each drabble was its own separate little universe. Lots of possibilities to play around with that way. :D

He knew then, she was the one who saved him. No one but her, his best friend.

And one of my favorite 'ships. [face_love] Again, a simple and perfect statement that says everything. Please PM me when you post your next set!
  5. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Araxie
    Very sweet.
    Thanks for reading...:)

SilSolo
    Thanks...I love Jag and Kyrn...and I like White too...but that's because I love Cherith...and Zeth from LSP...She's a hell-cat and he descride himself to Jag as being a lot like Han Solo with some Kyp Durron mixed in just to keep things interesting...:D

PRINCESSCAMBRIA
    All 3 drabbles were wonderfully written. Too many good ones to choose from for a favorite.=D=
    Thanks...I'm glad that you enjoyed them...This is a good way for me to explore other pairings that I may not normally write such as the one that follows.

JadeSolo
    Kyp scowled, ?There better not be any of those for a while. I?m nowhere ready yet.?

[face_laugh] I pity the man who tries to marry Kyp's daughter. I imagine he'd be a ferociously protective type. :p
    Oh, I think you're right about that...
    He walked over to her and smiled, ?Hi, Jysella.?

She blushed at his words, ?Hi, Ben.?

And that was the beginning.

Oh! I loved that! [face_love] It was so simple and perfect. I also liked that each drabble was its own separate little universe. Lots of possibilities to play around with that way. :D
    Thanks...If anything this exercise is teaching me to say more with less...:D
    He knew then, she was the one who saved him. No one but her, his best friend.

And one of my favorite 'ships. [face_love] Again, a simple and perfect statement that says everything. Please PM me when you post your next set!
    Thanks...And I will...[:D]

FL @};-
  6. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    ~~Week Four: Luke and Mara~~

~Friends~

Mara looked at her hand and stared at the instrument that he placed into it. It was a symbol of something she wasn?t sure she could ever be. It was a symbol of everything she wanted to be.

She looked back up into the bright blue eyes of the man who placed it there and she swallowed. She instantly thought that she should just give it back and tell him that he was wrong about her but she couldn?t.

She looked down again at the lightsaber in her hand, not any lightsaber but the one his father used as a Jedi, his first lightsaber, and she knew what it really meant: She was now his friend.

~Enemies~

Luke glanced over at the red-head again not sure what to make of her. She was gruff, hard and, yet, he could tell that she wasn?t any of those things.

?Let me get this straight, you?re going to kill me?? he asked his enemy again.

She scowled and her green eyes flashed, ?Are all Jedi this dim-witted, or have you cornered the market, Skywalker??

He grinned and shrugged, ?I wouldn?t know. I?m the only Jedi there is, at the moment, anyway.?

?Good. Then I?ll be doing the galaxy a great service by preventing you from adding to the stupidity.?

Luke only laughed.

~Lovers~

He looked down into her peaceful face, brushing a wayward lock of hair. She was beautiful, but then he always thought she was.

?What are you thinking about, farmboy??

He smiled, ?Oh, just about how beautiful you are, Jade.?

She shifted and before he knew it she was leaning over him. He laughed and she narrowed her eyes, ?What?s so amusing??

He moved his arms around her, ?That you are the only woman to get offended by being called beautiful. Don?t you find that odd??

?Emmm?? she smiled at her lover, ?I?m not offended, I just prefer action to words.? Then she kissed him.

~Family~

She never expected to ever have a family of her own. She had always been alone with the closest thing to a father being the most vile and evil man in the galaxy.

She wasn?t a sap who considered herself sentimental but as she watched her baby make soft sucking noises as he nursed, she let the first tear fall. She never felt such overwhelming joy, such total contentment.

She never sensed her husband as he entered the room, nor did she even hear him, she was so caught up in the love she felt for her Ben.

?And for her family.

~Strangers~

She had been a stranger when he first met her, a woman who seemed to know everything about him, yet, he knew nothing about her. He had awakened to her proclaiming that she was going to kill him.

But she never did. She had so many opportunities that after a while Luke had lost count. He still wondered about that sometimes as they lay wrapped in the afterglow of love listening to each others breathing, how they could fall so completely in love after the strange history they had together.

?I love you.?

?I?m still going to kill you one of these days, Skywalker? and then she kissed him.

FL @};-
  7. TnTornado Jedi Knight

star 3
    Awww, such a cute couple!

I love the way you portray Mara, this is exactly how I see her character!

TnTornado

P.S. Please add me to the pm list.
  8. RedGold Force Ghost

star 4
    what a great set of drabbles!
  9. Princess Cambria Force Ghost

star 4
    Very nice. I liked the L/M banter...right on=D=
  10. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    ?Good. Then I?ll be doing the galaxy a great service by preventing you from adding to the stupidity.?

[face_laugh] That's the Mara I like to see! Good mix of mush and banter. [face_love]
  11. Mathom Jedi Knight

star 2
    I loved the Luke and Mara banter. You really captured the essence of their relationship. Friends was my favorite:

She looked down again at the lightsaber in her hand, not any lightsaber but the one his father used as a Jedi, his first lightsaber, and she knew what it really meant: She was now his friend.

You could really feel how new the whole friendship thing was to Mara and how much it ment to her that she got Luke's old lightsaber - even if she wouldn't admit it to him.
  12. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was wonderful! Pm list please?
  13. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks so much for reading everyone....I will respond later...I just wanted to give this an Up....

FL @};-
  14. Araxie Force Ghost

star 3

I think that was the best line out of the whole set. Then I am a sucker for the sentimental.
  15. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4

FL @};-
  16. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    ~~Week Five: Anakin?s Battlefront Letters to Padmé~~
    (A/N: I know wrong era but this is the bunny that was born from the topics?And once the bunny was hatched, Anakin Skywalker was the only man that I could think of that would think these things?He was such a romantic love-struck fool, think Epi II?the fireplace scene?Or his letter to Padmé in Jedi Trial)

~Smell~

My mind is full of images and sensations and the one that haunts me day and night is your scent, Padmé. Your scent reminds me of the most exotic Naboo flowers in the cleanest of meadows. I can close my eyes and instantly be surrounded by your beautiful fragrance.

I miss you terribly and cannot wait until we are together again at our home by the Lake. Tomorrow we arrive at Muunilinst and I wish we could end this conflict here, once and for all.

Until we can be together again I will continue to dream of you, my Love.

~Sound~

The sounds are deafening but I endure them because I knew that you are counting on me. I cannot help but wish the sounds of battle were you when you laugh, my dearest Padmé. Your laugh is the sweetest thing I?ve ever heard. It brings joy to all that hear it and I hope to hear it soon.

This battle as been joyless from the beginning, we are losing the death toll has been great. Yesterday we lost several more Jedi and Obi-wan has gone missing. I will be glad to leave Jabiim and I hope I never need to return.

~Touch~

Oh, my love, how I long to touch your soft skin and how I long to feel you touching me. Just embrace and hold each other by the firelight in the sitting room at the Lake house. I hope to be home soon and I am looking forward to doing just that.

We are headed to Aargonar and we expect that this battle will also be difficult. I am praying an end is soon in sight. I need to see you, Padmé. Being away from you for so long has been torture. I need to feel you next to me and I need to hold you.

~Taste~

The Outer Rim has been horrible and I find myself once again wishing that I could be with you. It was wonderful to spend the past weeks with you at our home. However, I am starving to taste your honey sweet lips, to drink your goodness that never seems to quench my thirst, only makes me crave more.

I hope that once this campaign is over I will be able to come home to you again. I need to feel your lips against mine; I need to feel your touch and to see your beauty. I need you to make me feel human again, my Love.

~Sight~

Praesitlyn has been a victory. However, what I did today made me just as happy. I was honored with the privilege of marrying two soldiers after the battle. I was completely thrilled when the couple asked me to do it. However, selfishly I find that I am envious of them as well.

I envy their freedom of openness. I am happy for them but the sight of them together surrounded by their comrades and friends only served to remind me that we will never be able to be that way. Somehow, I miss not being able to show the world how much I love you, Padmé.

FL @};-
  17. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    That was great! Thanks for the pm!
  18. TnTornado Jedi Knight

star 3
    Those 2 are such a sweet couple!!

Great job FL!

TnTornado
  19. iamobiwan1970 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sight was by far my favorite. I read Jedi Trial and pitied Anakin having to marry the couple and not being able to be open about his marriage. He really was a love struck fool! I was thinking about his drabbles at the fireplace on Naboo. This drabble was sweeter than eating a bowl of sugar, but you know it was realistic to Anakin's absolute fanatical romantic devotion to his beloved Padme! Great Job conveying that. :) It fit with the drabble even if it was from the older era.
  20. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oooh Clone Wars Ani/Ami! Very nice! Hooray for another Ani/Ami set posted in Beyond on Week 5!
  21. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I need you to make me feel human again, my Love.

Ohhh, that really did it. :_| It's clear from his emotions that being a hero isn't as cool as he thought it would be - not at the price of so many lives and being separated from Padmé. Another excellent set! [face_love]
  22. Araxie Force Ghost

star 3
    Very sweet letters. They are sad to think about.
  23. Mathom Jedi Knight

star 2
    Very sweet drabbles. You could feel Anakin's almost obsessive devotion to Padmé embedded in the words. He's so very miserable away from her.

Great job! =D=
  24. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    H-How did I miss posts?!?!:eek: *shrugs* Oh well I'm here now . . and I love what I've read!:D

The Mara and Luke drabble was sweet! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

?I?m still going to kill you one of these days, Skywalker? and then she kissed him.

LOL, brilliant! =D=

The Anakin and Padme post was fantastic! I think Anakin is such a romantic love-struck Jedi in an adorable way![face_love]

Nice posts FL!
  25. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Alishu06
    That was great! Thanks for the pm!
    Thanks for reading...[:D]

TnTornado
    Those 2 are such a sweet couple!!
    Yes they were, but also so sad...:(
    Great job FL!
    Thanks...[face_hugs]

iamobiwan1970
    Sight was by far my favorite. I read Jedi Trial and pitied Anakin having to marry the couple and not being able to be open about his marriage. He really was a love struck fool! I was thinking about his drabbles at the fireplace on Naboo. This drabble was sweeter than eating a bowl of sugar, but you know it was realistic to Anakin's absolute fanatical romantic devotion to his beloved Padme! Great Job conveying that. :) It fit with the drabble even if it was from the older era.
    Thanks...I felt the same about the ending of Jedi Trial...How cruel...
    I'm glad that you thought I caught Anakin's total devotion and somewhat obsessiveness towards Padmé...And although they were somewhat sad to write they were also a lot of fun...
    [:D]

SilSolo
    Oooh Clone Wars Ani/Ami! Very nice! Hooray for another Ani/Ami set posted in Beyond on Week 5!
    Yeah, I saw yours...although I haven't read them yet....[face_blush] ...I'm so far behind on my reading...LOL...
    Thanks for reading...[:D]

JadeSolo
    I need you to make me feel human again, my Love.

Ohhh, that really did it. :_| It's clear from his emotions that being a hero isn't as cool as he thought it would be - not at the price of so many lives and being separated from Padmé. Another excellent set! [face_love]
    Thanks so much....[face_blush]

Mathom
    Very sweet drabbles. You could feel Anakin's almost obsessive devotion to Padmé embedded in the words. He's so very miserable away from her.
    Thanks.. [face_blush] ..I'm glad that his emotion came through the way I wanted it to...
    Great job! =D=
    Thanks...

SITH_MAYO
    H-How did I miss posts?!?!:eek: *shrugs* Oh well I'm here now . . and I love what I've read!:D
    I don't know, but I'm glad that you found them....[:D]
    The Mara and Luke drabble was sweet! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    That is really my favorite...and I like week 5 too....:)

LOL, brilliant! =D=
    Thanks...
    The Anakin and Padme post was fantastic! I think Anakin is such a romantic love-struck Jedi in an adorable way![face_love]
    Yes he was...poor love-sick guy...
    Nice posts FL!

FL @};-
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.