main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~A Walk In the Garden~, Drabble Challenge, Wk 10: Han and Leia

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I hope to have Week 6 and Week 7 up by the beginning by next week...

Sorry guys...DRL plus too many other fics on the boards...[face_blush]

FL @};-

2. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    ~~Week Six: Anakin and Tahiri~~

~Water~

He had to get to Tahiri. He didn?t know how, or even what, he was going to do once he got to the area where the Great Temple of the Jedi had been, the place where the Vong had taken her. But he knew he had to do something.

He throttled up the engine on the make-shift sloop again as he continued over the endless turquoise of the moon?s ocean. He drew on the Force some more to give him strength. He didn?t need it to give him courage. The courage he already possessed. He had it the moment he felt the call to rescue his friend.

~Fire~

She watched the flames as they danced over his body and could feel the heat of the fire on her face and arms, but it did nothing to warm her cold flesh. She wondered if she would ever be warm again. Would she ever find comfort now that he wasn?t there? She remembered their first kiss and she shuddered. Tears slid down her cheeks but the heat quickly kissed them away as she remembered her last words to him.

Would he have come back if she?d kissed him? He wanted a simple kiss from her, but instead her love was being kissed by flames.

~Earth~

There was nothing left of the Great Temple, the Vong had turned it all back into earth. They constructed their own buildings, horrid looking structures which Anakin hid behind in the shadows, feeling the thrum of his new lightsaber. He had to wait for the right moment, the right time to strike.

He moved from the back of the building to the side entrance of the Shaper?s hut. There he could hear her screams and it drove him on. He actually felt relief at hearing her agony; at least it meant he wasn?t too late.

He couldn?t be too late.

~Air~

The air was oppressive with smoke, dirt, voxyn acid and hopelessness as the team fought their way into the lab where the queen was kept. Telki was doing everything she could to help keep Anakin alive but he knew he needed more than the healer could provide.

He looked over at Tahiri as she battled another Vong. Beautiful and brave, he loved her so much, but he knew they?d never have the future together that they had just begun to dream about. As he struck with saber, his breathing hitched but it had nothing to do with the air quality.

~Spirit~

The spirit wondered through the familiar swamp and watched as she sat near the water?s edge. He heard her tears, felt her pain. Closer the spirit came, close enough to brush her long golden hair from her cheek.

Tahiri?s breath caught as she thought she felt a hand brush her hair. She looked around and wiped the tears away. She suddenly sensed a familiar presence and wondered.

The spirit watched as she looked around, he knew that she was looking for him, that she would always be looking for him. He reached for her again, and saw her shiver.

On the wind, Tahiri shivered as she heard Anakin?s voice.

?Move on, my love, move on??

Week Seven will be up shortly too...I hope...:D

FL @};-

3. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    ~>X<~

~~Week Seven: Valin and Tahiri~~

~Breakfast~

She walked into the mess and pulled a tray off the stack. Sleepily she moved through the line taking items from the food dispensers. She yawned and turned to head toward a table when she ran directly into another sleepy Jedi.

?Ahh?? she exclaimed as her breakfast splattered all over his green robes.

?Can you be any clumsier?? he growled as he brushed at the mess. Then he looked up. ?Tahiri?? he asked incredulously.

She nodded and looked at him. He was different, but then, five years will do that. ?Valin Horn? Sorry about that. Like to join me??

He laughed, ?I think I already did.?

~Lunch~

Moving along the wall of an alley, the Jedi team was waiting for the enemy to make a move. Suddenly his stomach growled. It was lunchtime.

Tahiri stopped and Valin moved closer to his partner and whispered into her ear, ?Doesn?t look like anything?s happening. What you say we stop to eat??

Tahiri shuddered at the feel of his hot breath on her face and ear. She turned toward him and found herself gazing into his grey eyes, but she snickered, ?Your stomach, is that all you can think of??

?Of course, I?m a growing boy.?

?No, you?re a growing pain.?

~Dinner~

Valin led her to the edge of the lake where she saw a blanket with a picnic basket sitting on it. She smiled, ?So, this is your surprise? Dinner by the lake??

?Maybe.? He grinned and helped her to sit on the blanket, ?Maybe not.?

He served her Corellian nerf steak and fine Naboo wine as the Corellian sun set over the lake. After they were finished, he held her. Then he gazed into her eyes, in a voice full of emotion he said, ?Tahiri, I love you. Will you marry me??

Tahiri fought happy tears as she answered, ?Yes! I love you, Valin.?

The kiss was passionate as a soft breeze brushed her hair.

~Food~

She couldn?t believe this was happening. Her wedding day and the cook was ill?there wouldn?t be any food at the reception.

She found the door to the room her groom was getting ready in. Her simple pail green dress bunched up into her hand, she punched the code and walked in.

Both Valin and Corran turned to stare at her. Finally, Valin said, ?Tahiri, its bad luck for us to see each other??

?Can it, Valin, we have a problem.?

?What?? She could feel his sudden fear.

?There won?t be any food.?

?No food, but I?m starving.?

She sighed, ?Get a ration bar. Because that?s what we?ll be serving. The cook is sick.?

~Drink~

He really needed a drink. Valin found a small café and walked in. He was exhausted but he knew he too excited to sleep; for, he just became a father.

Tahiri and their son were sleeping when he left them. He ordered caf and sat at a table in the corner then he pulled out the small holocam from his pocket. Valin Horn grinned from ear to ear as he looked upon his beautiful wife and their wonderful son, Kieran.

As he sipped his caf, he realized it was still early enough to order breakfast.

And then he laughed, to think it all started when she dumped hers all over him.

FL @};-

4. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    VALIN?!
    why u nerf herder!
    [whips out lightsaBER]
    U RUINED IT
    valin can only think of his stomach
    his fams cool and all but why not valin and,,,,,,, sannah

5. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Thanks for reading....Why not Sannah? you ask....because I'm a Valin/Tahiri shipper that's why...Besides, I think they'd make a cute couple and Tahiri desevers to be happy, don't you think?....[face_grin]

FL @};-

6. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Anakin/ Tahiri post: Made me happy and sad! [face_love] :( Great job!

Valin/ Tahiri: An awesum post! I loved it! Thought it was funny how Valin always thought of his stomach![face_laugh] Nice one FL!

Can't wait for more!:)

7. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    nice job on both

8. darth_dragon666

darth_dragon666 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2006
    ok but have any of u people read Betrayal the book

in the next 8 books of dat series anakin might come back

but i mean Tahiri could go wit anybody cuz i mean there are worse girls for valin than tahiri
    BRING BACK ANAKIN SO WE DONT GOT THIS JUNK
    heres what happens in love in SW
    L/M
    H/L
    A/T
    J/Z
    J/TK
    J/SN
    Valin/ Sannah or Syal Antillies
    Ben/ Jysella or Myri

If u disagree i shall use force SUPER LIGHTNING ON YOU

9. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005

FL @};-

10. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Week 6:

Tears slid down her cheeks but the heat quickly kissed them away as she remembered her last words to him.

:_| My favorite of the set. Eerily reminiscent of Mustafar and Vader's funeral pyre, too!

?No, you?re a growing pain.?

[face_laugh] From insults, love is born. Tahiri seems to have that effect on men. They're adorable together - you should write more with them. [face_love]

11. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    FL @};-

12. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    ~>X<~

~~Week 8: Jacen and Tenel Ka~~
    A/N: However, this is not very romantic...In fact, it's quite the opposite. And very sad, if you ask me...Some LOTF speculation, btw.

~Broken~

Jacen watched as the Queen Mother of Hapes lay sleeping on his chest with his arms wrapped around her. If he was honest with himself he really didn?t know what he felt for Tenel Ka. Sure, he had loved her once. There was a time that he even fantasized about what happened tonight. But did he love her any more? He could feel her love for him and in the height of their passion he promised her that he loved her.

However, he knew it was empty promise, a promise given to get what he had wanted?her fleet. A promise he knew he?d break.

~Fixed~

Jacen watched the little girl as she worked an odd Dathomiri puzzle in the middle of the floor. He marveled as the toddler figured out the solution.

?Look, Master Solo.? Her words tugged on Jacen?s heart. This is not what she should be calling him. ?I fixed it.?

?Yes. You did, Allana.?

?I wish I could fix Momma,? her brown eyes were sad as they met his.

?Why??

?I know she hurts. She wishes Daddy was here.?

?Oh?? Jacen was surprised. It was the first time his daughter ever mentioned that.

Suddenly, she smiled, ?But you could be my daddy, couldn?t you? Momma is always happy to see you and I like you too.?

~Light~

There was a time when Jacen Solo only touched the Light. There was a time when the other frightened him. But she barely remembered that Jacen. Tenel Ka ran through the palace trying to find the best place to fight. She knew that was what it would come down to. She stopped and ignited her saber, as he came before her. The only man she ever loved. The only man she ever wanted a child by. The only man she let into her very soul.

The very man she knew she would have to kill or be killed.

For, Jacen no longer touched the Light.

~Dark~

Jacen raised his lightsaber, stepped forward and snarled, ?Where is she? She?s mine!?

Tenel Ka also raised her blade and circled him, ?You will never have her and if you kill me, you will never know where she is.?

He growled, ?She will be my apprentice, Tenel. You will not keep me from my daughter any longer.?

She chose that moment to strike, but he easily deflected it and lunged with his red blade.

Tenel Ka D?jo never had a chance. The man who promised to love her struck her down in the final act to sell his soul to the Dark.

Jacen Solo was no more.

~Shattered~

She stared at the mirror and shivered. She knew she was the only one left who possibly held the hope of redemption for him. But was she as strong as her great-uncle had been at a similar age when he faced his father? However, Darth Vader was nothing compared to Darth Krayt. The Sith who had once been human, had once told her stories, had once loved her, who had been her father.

She shuddered again and knew it was time. As she turned from the mirror, it fell to the floor and shattered.

Allana Solo Djo, Jedi Knight stared at the pieces, gripped her saber and wondered if it was an omen for the galaxy or for her.

FL @};-

13. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    I loved fixed. That was wonderful.

Oh, come on, TK could take him. She could totally beat him. With sticks. On the head. You know you like it.

Ugh. Us fangirls should go to the Star Wars galaxy and knowck some sense into him. I bet THAT would scare him. "Who are you?" "FANGIRLS!"

Okay, yeah, very nice, even if Jacen's being a stupid nerf.

good job!

Janet

14. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    cool but sad but the way starwars is going very possible

15. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    Darkwriter
    I loved fixed. That was wonderful.
    Thanks [face_blush] ...but it was still sad...I don't buy the idea that Allana would know that Jacen is her father...I think she will learn this...but not as a toddler, it would be too dangerous for her to know.
    Oh, come on, TK could take him. She could totally beat him. With sticks. On the head. You know you like it.
    Well, maybe but I was trying for possible canon here...and since I buy into the idea that Jacen is Darth Karyt...what can I say...:(
    Ugh. Us fangirls should go to the Star Wars galaxy and knowck some sense into him. I bet THAT would scare him. "Who are you?" "FANGIRLS!"
    I will agree with you there....for sure.:D
    Okay, yeah, very nice, even if Jacen's being a stupid nerf.
    Thanks...and yes, Jacen is being a nerf...but I like the Dark Jacen, what can I say. [face_mischief]
    good job!
    [:D]

G__Anakin
    cool but sad but the way starwars is going very possible
    Thanks...and that was what I was shooting for...:(

FL @};-

16. Darkwriter

Darkwriter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2006
    Thanks...and yes, Jacen is being a nerf...but I like the Dark Jacen, what can I say.

Well, you're a very evil author . . . congratulations! Though, as said on starwars.com, if Jacen's going to be evil, he needs a beard.

17. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    if Jacen's going to be evil, he needs a beard.

Oh, I agree with that...I always liked him with a beard. :D

FL @};-

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    The man who promised to love her struck her down in the final act to sell his soul to the Dark.

:_| You were right about needing some tissues! But you also said Dark Jacen - I'll need a drool bucket, beard or no beard. :*

Actually, I'd love to see this week's set expanded into a full story. [face_mischief]

19. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    The J/TK post was awesum FL!

?Look, Master Solo.? Her words tugged on Jacen?s heart. This is not what she should be calling him.

That line really struck me as sad! :(

Poor Jacen, Tenel and Allana! :_|

I like the LOTF speculation!:D Very cool! But its kinda depressing that profic is turning so dark! :( I really am a J/TK fan, I hope Tenel will survive, but . . by the looks of it, thats not gonna happen![face_worried]

Great update! =D=

Can't wait for another!

20. WyoJedi

WyoJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 7, 2005
    These were really amazing drabbles! I think my two favorites were Fixed and Dark. Fixed was so sweet with Allana playing on the floor, but had so much sadness woven through it that she didn't know her own father. It really tugged at the heart strings.

Dark was... well, dark. It was shocking that he could so easily strike down his childhood friend, his wife, the mother of his child. Such heavy emotions there. Great job!

Cheers,
    Wyo

21. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005

FL @};-

22. Flowerlady

Dec 14, 2005
    ~>X<~

~~Week 9: Jag and Jaina~~

~Rebirth~

Jaina Solo stared at the man who just kissed her and realized that she had never felt anything so right before. She looked into his celadon eyes and knew somehow that her fate was tied to his. But how could she believe that, she only brought destruction to those she loved.

Jagged knew what she was thinking. ?I know it?s hard, Jaina, but believe me.? He looked into her eyes again and smiled his slight smile that always caused her heart to skip a beat, ?Think of this as a time of rebirth. A time of renewal and know that I?ll never leave you.?

~Scars~

She looked into his face and knew that she was going to break his heart. But she just was ready for that next step; she had too many scars that weren?t healed yet.

?Jag, I love you but I can?t do this anymore.?

He incredulously gazed at her, ?Jaina, don?t do this. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I?m not asking you to stop being a Jedi.?

?I?m not ready for marriage. And I may never be. It?s not fair to lead you on. I know you?d never expect me not to be a Jedi, but because I am, I can?t marry you.?

~Disease~
    A/N: This is a journal entry by Jaina during Bloodlines.

Jag:

I wish that I knew what was wrong with Jacen. He seems so different now, even more so than before. I can sense that there is turmoil in his soul that is eating at him like a disease from within. I wish I could help my brother but I fear we are too estranged now, too different and too distant.

And that feeling makes me think of you, my love. I wish that things had been different between us. I wish it was you I found my comfort in and I wish it was you by my side as I do my buty.

~Agony~
    A/N: LotF Speculation: Jag joins the Imperial Remnant after leaving the Chiss Ascendancy.

?Jag!? Jaina screamed over the comm as she watched his Tie-Interceptor hit by the laser from one of the Insurgents. As she watched it explode she felt as if her heart was being squeezed in a vice. They had just reconciled their friendship after he joined the fight.

?Jag,? she sobbed again, the agony of the thought of losing him nearly too much.

?Jaina, watch out!? cried Zekk, her wingman, through her daze. She could feel his fear for her through their bond as she shot the X-wing dogging her. Then Zekk said, ?Jaina, he?s okay. He went EV.?

~Healing~
    A/N: LotF Speculation: set 50 ABY, kind of a follow up to my vignette The Proposal.

She looked at the man standing before her. She was dressed in a simple white gown and he was impeccable in the white Grand Admiral uniform, but it wasn?t just an admiral uniform any longer, it was the uniform of the Galactic Emperor.

She remembered all their painful times and pushed them aside.

They were starting a new life, a better life, a life of healing.

?I love you, Jaina,? he whispered as he gazed deeply into her eyes.

?I know,? she smiled as she whispered back, ?And I love you, flyboy.?

With that said Fel the First, Emperor of the Galactic Empire kissed his Empress.

FL @};-

23. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    ?I love you, Jaina,? he whispered as he gazed deeply into her eyes.
    ?I know,? she smiled as she whispered back, ?And I love you, flyboy.?
    With that said Fel the First, Emperor of the Galactic Empire kissed his Empress.

I loved that last bit!!! :D Despite my love for Kyp, I gotta admit I don't mind Jag at all! :)

This speculation is awesum! I found it very interesting to read![face_thinking]

Nice job! =D= looking forward to more next week!

24. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    wow great job on both!!!!

25. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Wow, just stopped by, and proceeded to be amazed.

Fixed was one of the best drabbles I've seen on the boards. It was the perfect Jacen/Allana moment we all wish for.

Loved the J/J speculation. I think we all know its going to be a hard road those two walk to finally end up together. You did a fantastic job with it.

With that said Fel the First, Emperor of the Galactic Empire kissed his Empress.[face_love]

Well done. I'll be back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.