Beyond ~A Walk In the Garden~, Drabble Challenge, Wk 10: Han and Leia

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Flowerlady, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi-Roxy Jedi Master

star 3
    Two things:
    1. What is a drabble? It looks like a 5 part vingette limited to a certian number of words, but I'm not to sure...

2. Even though I don't know what a drabble is, I really like this stuff!!!

The Phoenix Jedi
  2. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    SITH_MAYO
    ?I love you, Jaina,? he whispered as he gazed deeply into her eyes.
    ?I know,? she smiled as she whispered back, ?And I love you, flyboy.?
    With that said Fel the First, Emperor of the Galactic Empire kissed his Empress.

I loved that last bit!!! :D Despite my love for Kyp, I gotta admit I don't mind Jag at all! :)
    Well, sometimes I don't mind J/J...And I have to admit I like the speculation...Thanks...
    This speculation is awesum! I found it very interesting to read![face_thinking]
    Yeah, me too...I still am curious as to how profic fulls it off if it does come true...
    Nice job! =D= looking forward to more next week!
    Thanks....I need to start working on them....[:D]

Alishu06
    wow great job on both!!!!
    Thanks...[:D]

padawanlost
    Wow, just stopped by, and proceeded to be amazed.
    Ahh...Thank you [face_blush]
    Fixed was one of the best drabbles I've seen on the boards. It was the perfect Jacen/Allana moment we all wish for.
    Thanks...it's one of my favorite too...[face_blush]

Loved the J/J speculation. I think we all know its going to be a hard road those two walk to finally end up together. You did a fantastic job with it.
    Yeah, as I said in S_M's response...I am waiting to find out first how profic gets Zekk out of the way and second how are they going to put J/J back together again...should be interesting..o_O (although, I keep routing of course for my Kyppie....[face_love] )
    With that said Fel the First, Emperor of the Galactic Empire kissed his Empress.[face_love]

Well done. I'll be back.
    Thank you again....[face_blush] [:D]

Jedi-Roxy
    Two things:
    1. What is a drabble? It looks like a 5 part vingette limited to a certian number of words, but I'm not to sure...
    Actually, a drabble is a form of writing all by its self...
    Here is the explanation from the front page of the challenge:

WHAT IS A DRABBLE?

A Drabble is an extremely short work of fiction with exactly one hundred words. The purpose of the drabble is to teach brevity and test author's ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in an extremely confined space.

THE CHALLENGE

100 Drabbles in twenty weeks.

And yeah, some of my drabbles do flow from one into the other telling different parts of the same story; that is the case in most of them anyway. But my first 3 were just random individual stories using the same characters, with no correlation at all...
    :)

2. Even though I don't know what a drabble is, I really like this stuff!!!
    Thanks...[face_blush] [:D]

FL @};-
  3. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    With that said Fel the First, Emperor of the Galactic Empire kissed his Empress.

Oooh, let's hope! [face_love] Very lovely set. [face_batting]
  4. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, I won't go as far as say I hope...But I wish them both happiness...:p
    Thanks for reading...[:D]

~>X<~

~~Week 10: Han and Leia~~

~Bell~

The warning bell was deafening as Leia watched the massive door close on the hanger bay. As she watched, the snow blew in under the durasteel barrier from the frozen world outside, she felt as cold as the air that kissed her cheeks.

Luke

Han

No, they couldn?t be gone.
    But how could anyone survive a night in the frozen wasteland that was Hoth?

She heard Chewbacca howl in frustration and grief at the loss of his friend. She walked over to him and wrapped her arms around his waist. They both waited for the terrible sound of the bell to stop, singling the long, painful night ahead.

~Book~

He watched her as she paged through the Holobook for the third time. He knew she was purposely ignoring him. What was with this woman?

Finally, he had all that he could take; he turned and glared, ?Just what is your problem? We got away, Your Worshipness. What more do you want me to do??

She shut down the datapad and countered, ?Well, flyboy, since you have all of the answers, you figure it out.? She got up and turned to leave the cockpit, ?Oh, and you really need to expand your reading material.? She then marched out.

She really is really driving me crazy.

~Candle~

Leia was sitting in the living room staring at a candle. Luke had told her to use a candle as a way to quiet her mind, to get to that Jedi calm. Han just shook his head. He knew what Luke could do, but he still wasn?t buying it.

Finally, she looked up and smiled. ?Hello.?

Han grinned back, sat down on the floor behind her and hugged her, ?Hello, Princess.?

She kissed him and said deadpan, ?Are you ready to share me??

?I always have.?

?True, but I mean more personally.?

He looked at her, puzzled.

She smiled, ?I?m pregnant.?

?Oh.?

?With twins.?

?So much for calmness.?

~Bowl~

He stared into the bowl of nerf soup and wondered if he should tell Leia the truth. Of course, she?d know if he was lying. He swallowed the mouthful of the gruel and looked up.

?Well? Is it any good?? She watched him expectantly.

Han swallowed again and forced a smile, ?Emmm?I?ve had better but?this is??

She took a bite of her soup, ?Yuck!? She sputtered then laughed, ?That?s terrible. You really are brave.? She sat back resigned. Looking at him she smiled, ?I?ll never be able to cook.?

He sat back and grinned, ?That?s okay. At least Threepio will always be safe.?

?Why?s that??

?Because without him I?d starve.?

~Blade~

Han watched Leia as she sat cross legged on the floor with her eyes closed and looking extremely peaceful. He had been watching her sit there for three days now, the silver hilt held in her hands.

He would have been worried if he hadn?t known this is what the process of building a lightsaber required. Leia never built a lightsaber completely on her own; Luke had always helped.

Finally, she opened her eyes and peered around, dazed. Then she looked down at the hilt. Swallowing, she held it out and hit the switch?with a snap-hiss a blue blade shot out.

?I?m truly a Jedi now.?

?You always have been, Princess.?

FL @};-
  5. SITH_MAYO Jedi Master

star 4
    At least Threepio will always be safe.?

?Why?s that??

[face_laugh] Hehe I loved that part!

I always like a bit of Han and Leia![face_love]

Nice post this week! ;) (as always!)

Looking foward to more!

Thanks for the PM![:D]
  6. Alishu06 Jedi Master

star 4
    ha those were great!!!!
  7. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4
    SITH_MAYO
    At least Threepio will always be safe.?

?Why?s that??

[face_laugh] Hehe I loved that part!
    Thanks...
    I always like a bit of Han and Leia![face_love]
    Me too...who can't get enough of Han...:D
    Nice post this week! ;) (as always!)
    Thanks...I wanted some levity after the past few weeks of Legacy speculation...Even if the J/J one wasn't all that sad...it was still J/J...:p
    Looking foward to more!
    Thanks...hope to have Wk 11 up by Friday..
    Thanks for the PM![:D]
    [:D]

Alishu06
    ha those were great!!!!
    Thanks...[:D]

FL @};-
  8. TnTornado Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great job FL, very touching, you have H/L down pat!

Hans line about Threepio was great!

TnTornado
  9. JadeSolo Manager Emeritus

star 6
    She smiled, ?I?m pregnant.?

?Oh.?

[face_laugh] I loved his reaction. So deadpan and so Han. [face_love] Thanks for the dose of H/L!
  10. Flowerlady Force Ghost

star 4

I'm hoping to have this updated sometime this weekend....

FL @};-
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.