main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Walk Too Close To The Edge (Post ROTJ H/L)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Solo_Skywalker, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solo_Skywalker

Solo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    I thought I'd write another story, this time I hope it won't be too depressing. But it is going to be about Han and Leia and as the story goes on there will be some Luke and Mara.

Copyright: I am not trying to gain any kind of profit from this or offend George Lucas, but thank him for these wonderful films.

Okay here we go, I hope you like it...

Leia was in the middle of a senate meeting when it happened, she felt as though someone had punched her in the stomach, she doubled over gasping, tears streaming down her eyes. ?Leia, Leia? Are you okay?? It was Mon Mothma, Leia realized that she must look very strange sitting on the floor gasping, but she didn?t care what she?d just seen had chilled her to the bone. ?No ? I think I?d better go and lie down? she stammered, and with that she fled from the Senate Hall, heading straight for the chambers she shared with Han? Han, ?No this is no time to dwell on that image. Luke?Luke will know what to do? she thought resolutely.
    As soon as Leia entered her home C3P0 was waiting flustered by the door ?Oh! Mistress Leia thank goodness your back, Master Luke is waiting to speak with you?.? He trailed off as Leia rushed past him and turned on the holo screen, Luke?s pleasant face was not there to greet her, instead he looked worried and anxious. ?Luke!? Leia exclaimed just managing to keep her voice from breaking ?You saw it too, didn?t you??
    Luke gulped deeply ?Yes Leia? I did? Leia shifted so it was true and Han? ?no ? not yet there?s still time? she thought fighting away the horrible Force image she?d been made to witness.
    ?Luke what are we going to do we?ve got to help him?
    Luke looked distant for a moment ?I know, but there?s something not right Leia, I?ve felt a strange dark presence growing and?? He trailed off.
    ?And what Luke?? Leia demanded
    ?I think that whatever it is was the cause for our vision? Luke?s chilling words seemed to echo down Leia?s spine.
    ?But Han was just on an ordinary survey mission on the Rim, you don?t think?? Leia?s voice trembled and she broke off as thoughts of Han invaded her mind.
    ?I don?t know Leia, but I?m on my way to Coruscant now, just hang on? The holo went dead. Leaving Leia to sink to the floor, she could no longer hold off the image of Han that had come to her? He was hanging by his hands, beaten and tortured, but still alive, She had felt his pain? and his will to live for her and their children. ?Hold on Han, hold on?.

Let me know what you think so I know whether or not to post the next installment. ;) :D

2. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

I like it! I want more, what happened to han? inquiring minds want to know! Poor Leia, she sounds like she's in so much pain. Next post soon?

~*Rose*~

3. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Good Start=I can't wait to read more!

4. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    This DOES look good! I can hardly wait for more, too! :)

5. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    looks very interesting!

6. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    More coming soon, glad you liked it! :D

7. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    Thanks for all your great feedback its really nice to hear what people think.

Any way here's the next chapter (not much mush in this one, let me know if you want more):

Han Solo breathed deeply, his white spacer?s shirt was torn and bloody, the manacles attached to his wrists were the only thing keeping him upright other wise he was certain he would have collapsed. The figure dressed in a hooded black cowl circled around him once again ?Tell me? He hissed ?Where is he?? Han looked up, just that effort made him dizzy ?Go to hell you piece of Sith slime ?cos I?m not tellin? you a thing? The figure, Han was pleased to see went rigid at these words, but almost instantly Han regretted what he?d said. The figure waved his hand behind him and Han felt an enormous fist land hard on his kidney, the force of the blow probably would have sent Han flying across the room if it weren?t for the manancles holding him in place, he groaned as he hung limply in the air. He felt a warm stickiness trickle down his arm, the cuffs were slicing even farther into his already tortured wrists causing the blood to flow again. ?Now, don?t make me ask again? The figure menaced at Han ?WHERE IS LUKE SKYWALKER? Han lifted his chin defiantly and glared at the man causing him his agony ?He?s crazy if he thinks I?m gonna betray my friend? Han thought savagely, to his surprise the figure seemed to read his thoughts ?Crazy am I Solo? We?ll see??
    The figure walked swiftly from the room in which Captain Solo was being held and stalked into his homemade ?office?. ?Damn that head headed Corellian? He thought bitterly ?He had put his mental barriers up as soon as he knew I was picking up on his thoughts? The figure sighed and sat down in a darkened corner of the room. Still the Force was on his side, otherwise they?d never have been able to catch Solo. The figure smiled sinisterly as he remembered the incident, his indictor had sighted another smuggling freighter heading for the Rim and pulled it out thinking it nothing more than an opportunity to capture more slaves. There was quite a riot when everyone found out that it was actually Han Solo and his Wookiee partener, they?d put up quite a fight but were no match for him. ?Unfortunately? the figure thought ?He is proving hard to break, never mind a Force Image to his companions will send Luke Skywalker running to save him and I?ll be waiting?
    Leia had been pacing her room all morning, waiting for Luke to arrive. Suddenly her comm rang knocking her from her thoughts ?Yes? she said curtly. The messenger on the opposite end said ?Someone to see you Princess? Leia frowned, she?d asked too many times not to be called a ?Princess? afterall Alderaan no longer existed so she wasn?t really royalty. ?Jedi Master Skywalker?? Leis questioned ?No, the young lady left no name, she just required to be allowed in? The comm went dead ?Strange, surly they wouldn?t have let just anybody in?? Leia thought. Just to be safe Leia unclipped her lightsaber from her jumpsuit and walked cautiously to the door.
    Luke Skywalker had just been given permission to land at one of Coruscant?s spaceports, he?d been stuck in his x-wing for the last two days, still he had mediatated during that time, searching for Han?s life force, it hadn?t taken him long, Luke sighed ?For someone who doesn?t believe in the Force, he sure gives off a powerful signal? Luke thought. He hoped that he would have the chance to tease Han about that. As he came to land he saw Leia waiting for him, she was dressed in a jumpsuit and Luke could see her blaster and lightsaber glistening in the early morning Sun. As soon as he touched down, Luke jumped out of the ship and ran over to Leia catching her in a welcome embrace. As he pulled back he could see circles under Leia?s brown eyes highlighting her lack of sleep. ?Oh Luke, thank Force you?re here, I?m going out of my mind not being able to do anything? she sighed
    Luke studied her for a long moment ?Leia, its okay yo

8. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Good story. Methinks you have talent ;)

9. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    Hmmm... Should I write the next part? People seem to have lost interest!!!

10. Skywalker_Jade_Solo

Skywalker_Jade_Solo Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    thats really good please write more

11. Kab730

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post-I hope you keep writing
    Kab

12. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    Well I have returned from the gloom that is known as Darth Real-life and have come to write more!!!
    Yes I know, help is needed... I escaped from the last mental home though! They are still looking for me... :D :D :D

Anyway here is the next part:

Luke was more than a little surprised to see Mara Jade sitting in Leia and Han?s home he hadn?t picked up her aura when he?d touched down ? still he hadn?t been looking for her. ?Mara Jade, what brings you to Coruscant?? he said in a casual manner, she looked uncomfortable when he said this, it was as though she was expecting an insult or something, still she sat down and said ?There?s trouble on the Rim and I need your help?
    Luke was startled that she would come to him for help but instead said ?What kind of trouble??
    ?People ? smugglers, bounty hunter?s ? have been disappearing on the Rim for over a month, no trace of them is ever found?
    ?Well? I don?t see how I can help? Luke said
    Mara sighed as though dealing with a small child ?Listen, I went to check it out just the other day, only to be rudely pulled out of hyper by an indictor?
    Luke looked quite concerned ?Are you okay??
    Mara ignored him ?I was lucky to escape, there was a lot of ships out there, but it seemed Karrde was watching me and had dropped out of hyper to check I was okay?
    It was Luke?s turn to sigh ?I still don?t know what I can do?
    ?Well while I was there I picked up on a weird presence, it was so powerful when we were yanked out to sub-light I thought I might pass out ? but it was evil Luke and hell bent on something?
    ?That?s it, that?s where Han is!? Leia interjected. Luke had almost forgotten she was there. ?The Falcon was once used for smuggling, they probably didn?t know it was him and? attacked? She said the last very quietly almost afraid to admit it.
    ?What?s happened? Where?s Han?? Mara questioned, Leia looked away, clearly not wanting to relive the vision. So Luke explained to Mara.
    When Luke was finished Leia began to speak ?Luke, we?ve got to go to the Rim, now?
    ?Leia, I don?t know if that?s a good idea, it could be a trap, like what Vader did to you and Han on Bespin so I would come running to save you?
    ?So what are we supposed to just let him die!? Leia shouted angrily. Luke remembered Yoda?s wise words from all those years ago when he was in Leia?s position ?If you honour what they fight for? yes? Somehow he didn?t think that they were right for this occasion.
    ?No, I?m just saying we need to be cautious that?s all?
    ?Luke? I love him and I can?t leave him, now I?m going with or without you? She said. Luke sighed again.
    ?Okay let?s go? He said reluctantly.
    ?I?m coming as well, we can take Jade?s Fire? Mara put in.
    Leia had decided that she was no help in the cockpit and had retired to her cabin, although she had no intention of sleeping, she was still haunted by her Force vision. She was also sick of Luke and Mara, they obviously had feelings for one another but they were too stubborn or too proud to admit them, ?Just like Han and I? Leia thought understanding now, why people had always despaired when she and Han had argued. But right now she felt so miserable and alone, memories of all the arguments she had, had with Han came flooding back at times like these, ?Well, your worship looks like you?ve managed to keep me around for a little while longer? ?Why you stuck up half witted scruffy looking nerf-herder!? What she wouldn?t give to hear him call her names again. Then she remembered Bespin; it had been the worst and most painful experience in her life when Han had been taken from her by Vader that fateful day. But now it was worse, at least then she had known he was still alive but now? she didn?t want to think about it. She loved him so much, more than she thought she was capable of loving anything, he had helped her and saved her in so many ways. Mostly he had saved her heart, by crashing down her perfectly built barriers with a single kiss. He meant more to her than life itself and she prayed to the Gods she?d have a chan

13. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    I like it! I want more! :D

14. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    OoOoOoO interesting! I'm eager to see more, so keep up the great work! :)

15. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    Thank-you for all your comments, hopefully I will get the next post up soon! Still let me know if there's someone out of character... I'm a bit concerned that Leia appears weaker than her normally strong-willed self. ;)

16. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Found this after I saw you'd meandered into my fic. Heh... I'm horribly guilty of never remembering to check the Beyond the Saga board. Good stuff though. Can't wait to see what's next!

17. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Just found this story today, as I must concur with RogueSticks that I am also a little lax when it comes to checking the "Beyond the Saga" boards on a regular basis. Please do continue with this story. I don't find Leia's behavior to be too weak, because it is her absolute love for Han that is driving her actions. I would be more appalled if she wasn't as worried about his abduction as she is. Can't wait to read what happens. BTW, how old are Han and Leia's children in this story? Just curious as to the time frame.

18. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    Hmmm... good question Solo_fan, I believe Jacen and Jaina have only recently been born. Little Ani is yet to exist. :)
    Thanks for all the great feedback guys!!! Unfortunately my computer was 'unavailable' for most of today so I wasn't able to write any more! :mad:
    But I will aim to get the next post up on Tuesday or before. :D

19. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    Thank-you everyone for all your feedback!!! :D

Here is the next part:

The figure drew his lightsaber and ignited it with a snap-hiss, his red blade cutting through the darkness like a knife, then slowly he began to advance towards Han and Leia. In response Leia began to draw her own weapon, being sure to keep one hand on her husband to support him. Suddenly she heard him choking, she looked sideways to see Han fall to the ground. In an instant she was beside him.

?I don?t think so Senator Organa Solo, now release your weapon and I will release your husband?

Han was already turning slightly blue and Leia knew he could easily die, being in the weak state that he was.
    She felt so angry that this figure would dare to threaten Han, the man she clearly loved, and for what? What could possibly be so important that someone would hurt another living being?

Slowly Leia clipped her lightsaber back onto her belt and Han was released as promised. He lay on the floor desperately gasping for air and Leia bent over him protectively as if hoping that she might be able to shield him from any future attacks, even though deep down she knew that if this figure wanted to kill them he could easily do so. Leia was starting to feel fear as well as anger, it helped fuel her to determination for revenge on this being, and for that she was glad. ?No? she reminded herself ?Anger is the way to the darkside?. She let the Force flow through her, calming her.

?Who are you? What do you want from us?? She asked him. The figure laughed, it was a cruel, hollow laugh that sent a chill down her spine

?I? I am the dark Lord Tenress, and I intend to destroy your brother and rule this galaxy as it should be,? He said triumphantly.

From beneath Leia, Han had recovered ? just ? ?Got quite an imagination hasn?t he?? Han said mockingly, Tenress growled and shifted his position

?I have had enough of your cheek to last me into the next lifetime, Corellian? He said menacingly, and with that he knocked Leia out of the way using the Force and sent Han flying across the room and into the far wall. There was a sickening crunch and Han lay lifelessly on the floor.

?HAN!? Leia cried. She just didn?t care anymore, she felt the anger again, unclipped her lightsaber and marched over to Tenress, welcoming the darkside and using it to fuel her courage. Suddenly she felt another presence, it was so familiar? Luke,

?Leia, don?t do it, remember the calm and peace of the Force? He called. Leia snapped back to reality.

?Oh Gods, what was I about to do?? She asked herself disgustedly.

She turned to see Luke standing behind her, his green lightsaber drawn and poised for battle, ?Leia, go! Get Han out of here, now!?

Leia turned ?But Han?s?? She thought dejectedly, then she felt his aura in the Force telling her he was still alive.

Leia ran over to Han, he was unconscious but alive. She sighed relief and went to pick him up, but he was impossibly heavy. She closed her eyes and concentrated, reaching out to the Force? Suddenly she felt the Force flow through her veins and with her new strength she reached down and pulled Han upwards and carefully led him back towards the Jade?s Fire.

Luke had been about to head back towards the Jade Fire, when he felt a great disturbance in the Force ?Leia!? He thought. He knew she was feeling a great amount of pain and was turning to the darkside for support ?No!? He ignited his lightsaber and hurried round the next corner. There was Leia holding her blue saber ready for battle and radiating in the darkside. Han was laying crumpled on the floor nearby; Luke felt for his presence, he was still alive.

Then he looked back to the scene before him, somehow it didn?t feel real, he couldn?t believe it was Leia that he saw. He had to help her before it was too late.

?Leia, don?t do it, remember the calm and peace of the Force? He called out, hoping she wasn?t too far out of reach.

He saw her nearly jump out o

20. Kab730

Jan 20, 2001
    Great Post!

21. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
  22. Skywalker_Jade_Solo

Skywalker_Jade_Solo Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2003
    This is good please write more it is getting interessting!

23. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Three force users should be able to handle Tenress. Looking forward to finding out if Mara and Leia are in time to help Luke. :)

24. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    hahahah Mara could take care of him, and chastise him for using a tactic that has already failed ;)

looking forward to more. .. :D Lets wacth mara beat some sith!!!

25. Solo_Skywalker

Jan 5, 2003
    Thankyou...

Kab730: Thankyou for your comment! Glad you enjoyed it!!! :D

Skywalker_Jade_Solo: This is good please write more it is getting interessting!
    Thankyou! More is coming soon! But it's only just getting interesting?! :)

Solo_Fan: Three force users should be able to handle Tenress.
    Ha ha ha!!! So sure are you... :)

maramijade: Mara could take care of him
    Everyone seems to have great confidence in Mara... We'll see, we'll see... :D

And an extra big thankyou to crystalrain who beta read this last part of the story!!! :D :D :D

More coming soon... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.