Before A Warm Body Next to Mine (G rated) Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon. "Fun"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Valairy Scot, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    Title: A Warm Body Next to Mine
    Author(s): Valairy_Scot
    Timeframe: Obi-Wan's late teens
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon and an unnamed female
    Genre: Author having fun
    Keywords: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn
    Summary: Qui-Gon wishes Obi-Wan to more fully experience the Living Force. But in this manner?

?Ummm,? Obi-Wan Kenobi mumbled as he shifted in his sleep. The warm body next to him stirred; one sleepy eye opened and eyed the young man for the briefest of seconds before the head returned to its position, tucked between his chin and shoulder.

It was good ? a warm, soft body in his arms, a tickle against his chin followed by a soft kiss.

?Like?.me like,? he whispered, a sloppy grin creeping over his face as he buried his nose in that softness. Suddenly, awareness shot through him. ?Oh, no!? he all but shouted, eyes wide open and sleep now banished. He looked wildly around ? Qui-Gon couldn?t find him like this. It would be bad enough to be caught snuggling if he was elsewhere, but here, in the Jedi Temple, in his quarters!

It wasn?t that Qui-Gon would disapprove. Quite the contrary. He had encouraged his Padawan to release his fears, embrace life, to delve into the Living Force.

That didn?t mean Obi-Wan wanted to be actually caught embracing life.

?Obi-Wan?? A genteel cough accompanied the knock on the door. ?I heard your, ah, shout. Are you okay??

This was so embarrassing. Obi-Wan quickly wondered if it was possible to use the Force to temporarily dissolve, but if it was possible to use the Force in that way, he certainly hadn?t learned that skill.

?M..master,? he acknowledged with a half-strangled whisper as his eyes darted rapidly around his room. But there was really no place to hide. No way to sneak out his companion, for with one glance at the chrono Obi-Wan knew Qui-Gon was back from his first meditations and would not leave their quarters for some time.

?Obi-Wan?? This time, there was concern in the voice. ?Are you sick? You don?t sound good.?

As the door opened, Obi-Wan turned onto his side, propping his hand on his waist so his elbow would hold the blanket up high. With any luck?.but she wasn?t cooperating. She just snuggled closer to his back with a soft yawn.

?Fine, I?m fine,? he croaked, trying desperately not to blush. ?I?ll be up in a minute, Master. Sorry, so sorry.? He was babbling, he knew, but it wasn?t like him to linger in bed. If he wasn?t careful, Qui-Gon would be at his side in one quick moment to lay a big hand on his forehead, feeling his temperature.

Qui-Gon stared at him for a minute; Obi-Wan held his breath. Finally, the big Jedi nodded and said neutrally, ?I?ll see you in a while, then.? To a suspicious Obi-Wan, his master?s posture suggested mirth, and carefully concealed surprise ? and more than just a hint of approval.

Obi-Wan groaned. No doubt Qui-Gon was well aware of his padawan?s attempt at concealment. If he was ever going to do this again, he would be careful to do it when his master was away ? like on another planet, in another quadrant, or even another galaxy ? one far, far away.

He turned over and said severely, ?I don?t know if you were worth this. Stay here until I can figure out how to get you out of here.? He threw back the covers and shivered. It was much nicer in bed. Two bodies generated a lot of body heat.

He quickly dressed and opened the door to his room. Qui-Gon was sitting in a comfortable chair, sipping a cup of tea and smiling broadly. Obi-Wan groaned, and followed Qui-Gon?s eyes.

She had followed him from bed and stood right behind him. As he turned and looked, she leaped into his arms.

?I saw your little friend peeking over your back,? Qui-Gon explained. ?So, feeling a little more connected to the Living Force, are we??

She was not shy about her feelings on the subject.

?Meow!? She jumped to Obi-Wan?s shoulder and promptly started to lick his ear.

Note: it's been cold for Puget Sound country (USA) and it's sure
  2. ardavenport Force Ghost

star 4
    Awwwwww, very cute little friend Obi-Wan has! I'm sure she'll like Qui-Gon just as much. Puuuuuurfect.
  3. Noelie Jedi Master

star 4
    Very adorable Valairy [face_love]
  4. aden Jedi Knight

star 1
  5. MASTER_KAYM Jedi Knight

star 1
  6. KILIK Force Ghost

star 4
    That was difffernt thats all I can say. Oh yeah good job to.:)

But that was just kinda weird to me althou I like the why you write. Ah what the heck its new, its differnt and nice job again.:D
  7. PadawanKitara Force Ghost

star 5
    How sweet! My own warm little fuzzy (chewbacca) loves cuddling under the comforter, but is a bed hog.
  8. Bastet Jedi Master

star 4
    :D Awww, that was great, Valairy_Scot!

Obi cuddling with a cat, I love it! [face_love]

?I saw your little friend peeking over your back,? Qui-Gon explained. ?So, feeling a little more connected to the Living Force, are we?? [face_laugh]

=D=
  9. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aww, how incredibly sweet! Cats make such wonderful pets, mine sleeps with me on my bed as well. What a cute little story and very well written. =D= =D=
  10. Aelan_Greenleaf Jedi Knight

star 1
    Haha, I have to admit, you got me. Great job! :D
  11. kenobiwanobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great job..you sure fooled me...[face_laugh]

I have my own cat at home and he sure is not cuddly but he weighs an amazing 26 lbs.

:D
  12. ithesock Jedi Knight

star 2
    Awww...that is so sweet! [face_love]
  13. Ara-gon Jedi Knight

star 2
    That's adorable.

I'm a cat-cuddler, too. There's nothing like a warm, purring kitty to warm cold toes.
  14. dianethx Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That was adorable. I kept thinking that she was something else but a cat works! [face_laugh]
  15. amidalachick Force Ghost

star 5
    So Obi's friend was...a cat! Awww! [face_love]

I don't have a cat, but sometimes my dog jumps on the bed in the mornings and he's nice and warm, too, so I can identify with Obi's feelings. :D

That was a really cute, sweet viggie and I loved every bit of it! =D= [face_love]
  16. Indra Force Ghost

star 3
    :D Very cute. Poor Obi-Wan having to explain that to his Master. :p
  17. Mind_Tricked Jedi Knight

star 1
    And who's picking up pathetic life forms now, Obi-Wan! :p ;)

I loved it, Valairy! [face_love]
  18. Kestrel_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
  19. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Awwww....that was so sweet.

@};- @};- @};-

Nice job

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  20. SakuraTsukikage Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] I loved it!

I have to say you didn't fool me, though . . . . ;)
  21. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That was adorable! I love how you lead us down more path (the gutter) only to show us how well behaved Obi-Wan really was. LOL

Excellent fic!
  22. DarthMousche Jedi Master

star 3
    [face_love]

OK, that was just too adorable - Obi-Wan all mushy over a kitty. I love that he's embarassed to be connecting to the living Force. :p
  23. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    A discussion in Resource has alerted me to the fact that many readers might expect a thanks for their leaving feedback and that, of course, a thank you is only common courtesy. I have tended to avoid responding so as to avoid the dreaded bumping of your own story :oops: (but I sure don?t want any readers feeling unappreciated.[face_blush]

Aden, glad you loved it.

Master_Kaym, yeah, it was supposed to be cute.

Kilik: ?But that was just kinda weird to me althou I like the why you write. Ah what the heck its new, its differnt and nice job again.? I?m not sure what you mean by ?weird,? but since you liked it, who cares? Glad you enjoyed.

PadawanKitara: how cute, ?Chewbacca.? Ran into a llama on a trail in the Sierra Nevadas a few years ago named Chewbacca. My medium-long haired ½ Siamese is also known as ?fuzzy butt.?

Bastet: Yeah, I may be the first to have Obi-Wan cuddling with anything.

LilyHobbitJedi: I?m so glad you liked it, and yes, cats are nice bedwarmers, especially when they warm your feet.

Aelan_Greenleaf: I got someone! I had to work on not giving it away, and that is a hard set up or potentially awkward sentence.

KenobiWanobi: 26 pounds! I thought mine was kinda big at 13, and when was young, I had one that was 18 pounds of muscle.

Ithesock: I like it when my readers think my cute stories are ?sweet.? Thanks.

Ara-gon: so nice to have warm toes, as long as the cat refrains from nibbling.

Dianethx: what did you think she was ;) ;) ? animal or human? Appreciate your dropping in and leaving a comment. I await each installment of your epic with bated breath.

Amidalachick: glad you can identify, even if you?re a ? gasp ? dog person.

Indra: well in this version, Obi-Wan didn?t need to explain as Qui-Gon was well aware and was probably at least a little responsible. Though, I think, the cat decided herself where she spending the night, as all cats do.

Mind_Tricked: ?pathetic life forms?? Yeah, I know. Thank you for loving it.

Kestrel_Kenobi: Glad you liked it.

Kelia: my loyal reader! Thank you for always reading and commenting. The roses smell so sweet.

Sakura: I didn?t fool you! What gave it away? So happy you read it. You?re such an awesome author, and your usual reviews are so, well, uplifting. Always happy to see you reading.

HealerLeona: Down the gutter? But I put in ?G-rated? so readers wouldn?t get too sidetracked by the, um, obvious conclusion. Yes, Obi-Wan is so well-behaved, isn?t he. Hope he didn?t end up with an allergic reaction to cat dander, knowing his (fanfic) tendencies.

And so, this story has reached its tail-end.
  24. kenobiwanobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yep an amazing 26 lbs and he is 28 inches grith...crazy,huh?
  25. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Absolutely loved it.

Very cute...
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.