main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A web page...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Jedi Girl of Corellia, Jan 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teneniel_djo

teneniel_djo Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    noo...but i'd LOVE to get my hands on a copy. :)

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    How much does it cost? (Almost hates to ask question...) hehe, I have to wait until college before I get to play with all the cool programs. :(

3. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    I have frontpage 2000 and am beginning to learn html. My older brother already knows how to do html and could probably help. BTW, anybody wanting to learn html, c++ or stuff like that can go to www.knowledgenet.com to learn it (that's what i am using right now).

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    :p I can type DHTML in my sleep, but anything more complicated than that and I have nightmares ;)

I tried C++ for a bit but I got a headache...

5. trixter

trixter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2001
    what about a kewl titlebar and menue screen.
    Doing something similar with my own web page.

like the starwars title across the top with the tip of a lightsaber on the left. The blade goes down the left side of the page for the menu bar....

I__I STAR WARS
    --------------------

something like this

Also woul di tbe possible for us to have links to all our personal star wars fan pages in there as well?

6. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Argh, you stole my idea that was already on my Fan Fic Character website!!! It's a white saber on the sidebar with links lol Nah, it's all good! hehe.. I'm most likely going to use a different template for a navbar along the top. But the lightsaber thing would definitely rock. Faceplant can do a lightsaber and we can just add links down the side
    __
    | |
    | |
    -News
    | |
    | |
    []
    []

or something lmao ;)

7. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    i think it's about $600 but that was the last time i checked....it may have gone down since.

i was thinking, for the banner for the web page, those of you who would like to submit one, go ahead and make it and then send it by a link to me by pm or you can e-mail it to me (pm me for my e-mail address). then i'll post all of them to the board and the group as a whole can vote on which one they'd like on the page. then we'll start working on the format as far as how we'd like to lay it out and what we'd like to say, links, etc. etc. what does everyone think?

and you can submit as many as you want....you may even want to submit more then one as we don't know if we want a light or dark background yet....

8. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    On the site, how about pics of Jedi, Rebels and the like down one border, and the Imperials and Dark-siders down the other border....some real motivation to get the garbs together for the AOTC showing, eh?

9. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    That's a good idea, then we could have a neutral background like gray.

10. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    okay...soo....who all is interested in making a banner for the web site? or working on the web site at all?

11. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I have no skills to offer, but you have my full support.

I'd just like to see a calendar, maybe member bios and photos of past activities. And line party stuff. ;)

12. trixter

trixter Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2001
    I dont have much web experience but i would love to help
    I do have all the adobe programs and can do what i can
    Just message me and let me know

13. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    if you'd like to try for a banner, trixter, that'd be great. :)

14. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    DANG! I'd really like to cook up some animations on my 3D Studios Max, but the files are so massive only T-1 and full cablers would be able to view it live! On that point, I think we should put up recorded video links with us doing little skits....ya kno, change it every once in a while to keep folks coming back! Whatcha think?! Anybody got a digital camcorder?

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Well... I can do the HTML part, but currently my only graphics program is GIMP-GNU, which is a free thing you can download. It's a decent program for being free, but right now my computer hates when I use it. :p

And for HTML I cheat and use an authoring program (but we all do that don't we ;) ) I use Ace HTML, pretty good and I've used it quite a bit.

As for the other programming languages, unless somebody provides me with pre-writen scripts I'm usless in that area.

16. teneniel_djo

Dec 6, 2000
    calendar is up. this is just a temp one, so if you hate the design, let me know. and yes, i know there's rebellion symbol in the banner. :) next month we can have an imp symbol. any suggestions? let me know. i'll be working on getting a members' page up this weekend and cleaning up the main page....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.