main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A Weird Question

Discussion in 'Literature' started by quigons_padawan1231, Nov 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quigons_padawan1231

quigons_padawan1231 Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2001
    I have heard rumors that Qui-Gon and Adi Gallia were lovers in the past. A friend of mine said he found it on the official star wars website. I would like to know if anyone has heard this. I know he had a bondmate named Tahl from the JA books.

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Don't think they were lovers, but I guess it's possible.

3. Silencer-7

Silencer-7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 1999
    Another completely unrelated question, but perhaps not big enough for it's own thread...

When you're zooming along on an open speeder--between 40 - 200 kph--(one with no windshield), what happens if a rock or a bug hits you in your face?

Your eye gets ripped out the back of your head and you lose the swoop race.

I've never heard of any kind of protective device (i.e. force field). But there has to be, right?

4. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    aside from windshields and stuff, which may be stronger than our kind, no, they just have to duck :)

5. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Well, Teemto (right?) get's hit in the face with a bug during the Podrace in the expanded lap 2 of the Boonta Race on the TPM dvd deleted scenes.

6. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I don't think they were. Qui was in his 60s when he died. Adi, in her early 30s maybe. And I don't remember any mention of a relationship between them.

And about bugs... technicalities, heh, ignore em.

7. Maverick15

Maverick15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
  8. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    I checked both their biographies on the official site, and nothing says they (Qui-Gon and Adi) were lovers. Check your sources again.

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Just because it's not mentioned in the Official Site doesn't necessarily mean it didn't happen.

Qui-Gon and Adi had a curious relationship in Cloak Of Deception, but not enough to make me believe they were lovers in the past.

10. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Forgive me my skeptism. It didn't sound quite right to me, that's all.

11. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Here's one for ya:

Anakin said in the Phantom Menace that he was the only human who had fast enough reflexes to pod race. Podracers travel at 1000 kp/h.

Do X-wings, A-wings, B-wings, Y-wings, TIE fighters, etc. travel slower? How else could it be explained that so many humans were able to fly the Death Star trench and tunnels, since their reflexes obviously aren't as quick as someone in tune with the Force or an alien.

12. ShinagamiWing

ShinagamiWing Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 21, 2001
    Dimension.

It requires less speed and coordination to pilot a vehicle that moves in three dimensions; you can move backward, forward, left and right, but also up and down - there are literally billions more ways to react to something in the air than on the ground.

And when he said he was the only one who could manage a pod, I think he meant manage a pod effectively, not manage one at all. He's just the only one who can do serious races and stuff with different species; I bet anyone can use a pod, but on those tight turns and intense banks, it'd be easy for a normal human to slip up, which is probably why they don't do it.

Also, a lot of those other sentients who race pods have more than two arms - they could maneuver themselves better.

13. Ornitier

Ornitier Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 16, 2000
    I don't think that really had a romantic relationship. I do belive they were close as They agrred with each others decision for the most part and they seemed to respect each other equally.

14. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

So, are you are saying that Wedge Antilles, Gavin Darklighter and Tycho Celchu could not pod race?

15. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Naah. They probably could - Anakin was just boasting.

And anyway, they keep makin' hardware better and better, and pilots better and better - so why not just say that back in Litte Anakin's day, few humans (if any) other than Jedi had the skillz to pay the billz when it came to podracin'? I mean, I'll also assume that an XJ X-Wing is easier to hanle than a podracer, on which you have to wrangle each engine seperately as you drive.

16. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    I think it also has something to do with the size/weight thing... Anakin is a kid... and most of the other racers are smaller/lighter than GFFA humans...

- The Imperial Ewok

17. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

And in 25,000 years of the Republic, only during the Battle of Yavin did they start making good pilots.

Pods weighs tons and have a-grav.

18. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    The swoopie (a swoop rider) Spiker wears a helmt when he's riding his swoop. While he will also where it when he's not riding it, he seems to always wear it when he is riding. This would suggest that there are forms of protection against bugs and rocks that not everyone chooses to wear.

19. ShinagamiWing

Oct 21, 2001
    Kier... picking on newbies with that legendary sarcasm or yours is so mean... ;)

20. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Anakin is the only known human to race pods. That's because typical humans don't have the reflexes to react quick enough in a race at 600 kph on low terrain, and no other Force-sensitive humans have apparently ever tried besides him.

He was boasting. But not lying about his abilities.

21. Kier_Nimmion

Aug 9, 2000

ShinagamiWing: That wasn't sarcasm, I was just picking nits in something from the Phantom Menace. And I don't consider you a newbie- Hey, you're in my watched user list and I generally like your posts.

22. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    In SOTE, when Dash disposes of the swoop jockeys and nicks a swoop, he finds a pair of protectvie goggles on the handlebars.

23. quigons_padawan1231

quigons_padawan1231 Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2001
    Bib, what kind of curious relationship did they have in Cloak of Deception? I am having trouble finding any eidence of that in the book. I am reading it now but I may not have come across it just yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.