A welcome to the new posters

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's been great that a lot of new people have posted here in the weeks leading to "Revenge of the Sith", and I would like to extend a formal welcome to all of them.

I hope all of you will stay with us even after the movie buzz dies down and start coming to Boston Rebels meets. These meets take place usually once a month and are planned and announced on this board. The meets are often just social and the activity will have nothing to do with Star Wars. That said, we will definitely be busy with Star Wars stuff in the remainder of 2005, however, as coming up there will be CauldronCon in August, Wizard World Boston in September, the Star Wars exhibit at the Museum of Science in October, and Supermegafest in November. Aside from the cost of activities, there are no dues requirements to be a Boston Rebels member, though we do accept voluntary contributions which will be used for stuff like developing and maintaining the Boston Rebels' web site.

In conclusion, I would like to say that even though I'm a just recent addition to the Boston Rebels "family" myself (my first meet was last August), I'm glad I decided to participate and have never had more fun being a Star Wars fan. I hope the new people will reach the same conclusion. :D
  2. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    First of, heyya to all the new padawans! Like the Temple younglings, you are what keeps our tradition going strong.
    I just wanted to point out that whether you make every meet, every other or one a year you're still welcome to hang out here on the boards. Most people here know me just from posting so much as I rarely have the chance to make meets during the year.
    Now that I think about it, I've been part of this group since just before AOTC came out! A lot of the folk I met originally are gone or have moved on to other groups. So I've had the chance to meet new fans here as well as some great people from other Fan Forces over the years.
    Look forward to meeting all of you, virtually or IRL ;)
  3. Cherijo Jedi Padawan

Awwwww, ya'll are great! Thanks for being so welcoming:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.