main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation A wife for Luke, Lando and Chewie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    On top of all this, lets look at religion. Let's look at Catholic priests in comparison to Protestant pastors. Catholic Priests are unmarried males. Protestant ministers can be male or female, can be married, and in some faiths, can even be gay. I am sure there are catholic hard liners that would say that a protestant minister has less of a connection to God, and doesn't understand true faith. Yet does that make Protestant pastors in the wrong? No.

Now-a-days, faith arguments are more about communion than about marriage. Even now, the Catholic church is allowing married Anglican ministers to preach in their churchs... The point is to cling so close to doctrine in a fantasy galaxy, should not cause a war here, when religions in the real world are constantly evolving...

2. Darth Trevius

Darth Trevius Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2012
    first of all .. darth vader was hardly redeemed .. he saved his son .. yay .. does that really make up for murdering his wife, murdering most of the jedi, destroying leias home planet in front of her .. i find it hard to believe that leia is just like ... aw dad its all good now cuz yer my dad and not darth vader anymore for like the last 5 seconds of your life ... ummm no .. so u cant really logically argue that anakins want of padme redeemed him in the end .. and luke going around trying to convince everyone that his dad isn't that bad is only gonna get lukes ass handed to himself .. and the only way luke getting married makes any sense is if he rejects being a jedi and settles into a more domestic life ... what i wanna see .. with new younger actors playing luke leia han .. is leia go sith on luke when luke displays loyalty to his father who is viewed by everyone else as an evil mass murderer .. leia could go sith without knowing it .. kinda learn the force to kill off luke before he becomes vader jr .. but she gets carried away .. and luke is trying to stop her without killing her .. but to everyone else including han .. luke seems wacko because of his positive feelings for vader .. so even tho luke is jedi and leia is sith, leia looks like she is sane in trying to stop luke .. now that would be a much better movie than .. luke and leia get married and have inbred children born with one robot leg and 3 eyes .. (hey u never know .. what happens in jabbas palace with three yees stays in jabbas palace) .. i mean luke and mara and leia and han and diapers and baby chewies and barf!!!!!!

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the EU, Leia does in fact take much longer to forgive Vader than Luke does.

4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I wished I knew what was going on to respond to. Darth Boba are you an English Teacher? LOL

5. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    He did destroy everyone she grew up with... He only directly killed Obi Wan on the Luke side of things... Not to mention Luke was there for his redemption, Leia wasnt

6. Darth Trevius

Nov 15, 2012
    oh and what happens when everyone in the universe realizes that luke and leia .. the good guys .. are related to darth .. the bad guy .. this whole huge war comes down to that equation and people are gonna be pissed

7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    There's also the question of- would Yoda have even said much about the non-attachment doctrine- given that in the Revenge of the Sith novel, he seems to think that ordinary family lives are just fine to prepare the Skywalker twins for their future. Add in his comments about how he was "Too arrogant to realize that my way was not the only way" and a case can be made that Luke won't have any particular "Don't get married" instructions.

EDIT: On the Skywalker twins and their relation to Vader- according to Marvel SW, they kept it a secret.

8. Darth Trevius

Nov 15, 2012
    i think he just deleted my post because i didn't use punctuation .. i made perfectly spot on points but i'm not rewriting it .. lame darth boba lame

9. Darth Trevius

Nov 15, 2012
    plus my script ideas were great ... darth boba just wants to steal them

10. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Historically, kings and the heirs (children) would go to war with each other over the rule of their domain. If the son won, he became king and people fell in line with his law. That being said, the children benevolently saving the galaxy from a father who sought redemption at the end of his life and aided them? I think people will be thanking them... Added to the fact that the entire good cast all the way to everyone on Endor at the end, trusts them? I think they are just happy the Emperor is dead.

Any more poorly thought out arguments you wish to make so I can school you in two universes? Ours and the Star Wars Galaxy?

11. Darth Trevius

Nov 15, 2012
    typical of a sith bounty hunter

12. Darth Trevius

Nov 15, 2012
    sorry dude ..
    sorry dude .. made my points but darth boba deleted them... i appreciate your enthusiasm but your discussion will remain one sided without my response.

13. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Who knows that Vader is their father? Leia Organa. People aren't ever going to associate her with a Skywalker other than she aided one. I don't think anyone will even know that Vader and the Skywalkers are the same family. And even if there were some elders that knew the truth, what difference does it make?

14. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Chewie and Lando are both married and have families. Luke had a wife, but she died..

15. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Take your EU non-sence to the "EU non-sence thread" There can be only one.

16. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    EU is canon, no matter how much you deny it. It doesn't matter though since ep 7 will void a lot of stuff.

17. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    But, this is a good idea for a subplot involving that "little family secret" from coming out. I wonder what would happen if Leia rolled over in bed one night and said, "You know, Han. Vader was my dad and Luke is my brother." Should the wrong person find out - it's Galactic Blackmail.

18. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Luke cannot have a wife. He's a Jedi. The Jedi Code forbids it.

19. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't know. I just don't see it as an important plot element. So Vader was once Anakin Skywalker. His children risked their lives to fight him and eventually beat him and the Emperor. What's the problem? Suddenly the rest of the Rebel Alliance turns on them? I don't see it.

20. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think she should be a Wookie if so. Which raises some interesting question about inter-species ummm.... never mind.

21. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Only for a relatively small group of people.

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    She tells Han Luke is her brother in the RoTJ movie: "No, it's not like that at all- he's my brother."

As for Luke not having a wife- is it even likely that Yoda has explicitly told Luke "A Jedi shall not know love"?

23. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    We were debating about that in another thread the other day.

I must say that logically speaking, yes. That would have to have stuck in Yoda's mind (as an important lesson to teach) that an attachment ultimately took down the Jedi order and plunged the whole galaxy into the rule of a dark empire- particularly when that attachment was HIS FATHER. It just doesn't make sense that this would be a lesson that Yoda would skip for Luke-that attachments have consequences for Jedi. It seems many on this site don't want to see this glaringly obvious point; perhaps because people really WANT Luke to have kids and a wife in the story.

Clearly, the whole reason Lucas put the idea of a Jedi not having attachments was because of exactly what happened with Anakin- the attachment could be used to turn the Jedi to the dark.

24. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Wrong, but you can choose to believe what you want.

JackG likes this.
  25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    OK, so the EU is important to the vast majority of the world's population? Or even the majority of the hundreds of millions who view SW movies?

You can believe THAT if you want, but that is pretty silly. There are a lot of people who know SOMETHING about the EU (have read a book or 2), but that is still a tiny portion of those who watch SW movies; and as far as rhose who find the EU to be important, VERY small group in comparison.