main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A-Wing & B-Wings in Droids

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DeltaVX, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeltaVX

DeltaVX Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2005
    I recently bought the Droids DVDs and for the life of me can't figure this out. When the droids and their owner at the time (Jann, I as recall) land on Trammun-zan (Sp?) and there is an A-Wing and a B-Wing parked in the space pot where they have landed. According to all that I've heard, A-wings and B-Wings first appeared towards the end of the Galactic Civil War, just months before the Battle of Endor. So why the heck are they seen in a story that suppose to take place 15 years before A New Hope?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The ones in Droids have been retconned as being predecessors to the actual Rebel fighters.

Specifically, the R-22 Spearhead had the nickname "A-Wing" and was the inspiration/basis for Dodonna's A-Wing design.

Likewise, the Tempest Bomber inspired the B-Wing.

So, what you see in Droids are actually Spearheads and Tempest fighters.

3. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Go Quest!! =D= 'Ave it!!

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

4. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Actually, Droids isn't continuity at all, since we now know that Antilles ahs had R2 and 3PO since ROTS.

Slimy!

5. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I bought droids for my little brother a couple weekends back. It's laughable, but I honestly thought some of it was ok. I liked some of the music too. The side of the disc with Mungo Boabob is the best LOL. I have one question though, how do the droids end up leaving Antilles and coming back to him in ANH?

6. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    GFFA Luck I guess ;)

The same way that characters keep appearing and having intertwined back-stories and stuff. As if the galaxy's got a population of about 300 :p

(And before someone has a pop, that wasn't a dig, I was kidding. Personally I don't mind how neatly tied in the whole galaxy seems to be)

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>I have one question though, how do the droids end up leaving Antilles and coming back to him in ANH?<<

An official explaination hasn't been published yet, but the most popular suggestion is that they were lost or stolen (as opposed to sold) so that their absence is involuntary on Antilles' part, thus giving him reason to wanting to get them back by the time of ANH.

>>Droids isn't continuity at all, since we now know that Antilles ahs had R2 and 3PO since ROTS.<<

Droids is in continuity (of all EU sources, it actually has the most references in the prequels, due to Ben Burtt's involvement). We only know that Antilles had the droids at the end of ROTS and again by the start of ANH. Anything could have happened inbetween.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.