main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Winter Holiday's Carol ( Winter FF Contest) post-NJO *candy canes and cookies inside*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jags_gurl, Dec 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Title: A Winter Holiday's Carol
    Author: none other than me, of course!
    Time period: Post-NJO
    Characters: Tahiri, Jacen, Jaina, Zekk, Jag, Kyp, and who ever else i feel like incoporating :)
    Theme: This is my great idea - a Star Wars spinoff of Charles' Dickens A Christmas Carol

Sit back, relax and enjoy! :)

"The candle in the window could be seen in the distance, a beacon of warmth and welcome to the weary travelers. The Little Bantha Cub smiled, excited, because he knew of the warmth and welcome the glowing light promised."

Tahiri Veila?s voice carried through the chamber due to the amazing acoustics masterful Sekot had wrought. Some twenty-odd youngsters surrounded her, all clustered around her feet and staring up at her, hanging on her every word. She smiled down at them, pausing in the story, and tucked a curly lock of gold behind one ear.

?Then what happened, Auntie Tiri?? asked a tiny cream-furred Chadra Fan.

A rusty-haired child shot the alien with a withering look, crossing his arms across his chest. ?Shhh, Caetie, let Auntie Tiri finish!?

Ben must have learned that look from his mother, Jacen Solo thought.

A new figure entered the chamber, a sandy blonde haired young man, walking into the room.

The group of children turned around and chorused their greeting, ?Good morning, Sekot.?

?Good morning, children,? Sekot responded, continuing up towards Tahiri.

The golden haired young woman smiled at him. ?Good morning, Sekot.?

?Good morning, Tahiri Veila,? he responded. His dark blue eyes held her forest green ones for a moment before she nodded at him.

?Children,? she said, ?I?ve got to do something for Sekot. We will finish The Little Bantha Cub?s Long Journey some other time, ok??

A chorus of groans echoed through the hall, and the little Chadra-Fan, Caetie, looked on the verge of tears. Tahiri bent over and scooped up the tiny furball. ?Caetie, I promise we?ll finish the story,? she whispered. ?But Sekot has got to teach you guys something new about the Force so you can all grow up to be Jedi some day. You want to be a Jedi, right??

Caetie sniffled, her dark eyes watery. ?Mmm-hmm. I just want to know if the Little Bantha Cub gets home safely!?

?We?ll finish it as soon as we can. I promise.?

?Okay. Bye bye, Auntie Tiri,? she squeaked as Tahiri gently set her back on the floor.

She smiled, patting the furball on the head. ?Bye, Caetie.?

Jacen marveled at the woman she?d become, his cinnamon brandy eyes tracking her form as she left the chamber. Tahiri now glowed with some inner joy, and her eyes always sparkled as if she knew some secret joy that she kept inside. Zonama Sekot had been more than good for her? it had been good to her. She had truly gotten over Anakin, it seemed, moved on, and had come to peace with who she was ? part Yuuzhan Vong, part human, part Tusken Raider.

Sweet Force, I am not falling for my little brother?s best friend?

He wondered what Sekot was having Tahiri do. Probably something to do with the upcoming arrival of new trainees. Instead of wondering about Sekot and his mysterious ways, though, Jacen settled down to listen Sekot speak to the collection of youngsters already there.

?Have a Blessed Winter Solstice! May the stars shine upon your face!? called a local.

Jaina Solo let out a groan, tucking her hands into the sleeves of her black Jedi robes. ?I am so sick of all this peace, joy and holidays,? she grumbled. ?Crazy locals. One more and I will smack them with the Force.?

Another voice cut into her thoughts, this one a mellow baritone. ?Good evening, traveler! May the ??

With an impatient flick of her wrist, Jaina sent the heavy-set, balding man flying backwards into the wall behind him, shoving him none too gently with the Force. She did not bother to look behind or apologize, though she heard his exclamation and protest of such treatment.

?Serves him right,? she muttered.

She blew out a frustrated sigh, kicking aside the snow on the ground. She raked

2. Jedi_PrincessAZ

Jedi_PrincessAZ Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2003
    WooHoo! I got first reply! :) What a cool idea for a story. Can't wait for the next post...

3. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    Oooh, interesting! (Should we refer to Jaina as "Jaina Scrooge" or "Ebeneezer Solo"?) [face_laugh]

Looking forward to more!

P.S.: Thanks for the goodies! :D

4. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Uh-oh. Bad Jaina! :mad: Darkside = bad idea! I can't wait for more because I'm really liking this! :D

*grabs some cookies and candycanes*

5. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    thank you, J_PAZ! :D I'm glad you like it!

thankies, J_S :) hehehe more goodies to follow next post

thank you, J_a_J :D

more to come when i get around to it, LOL ... replies are appreciated :)

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Another postie soon?

7. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    WOW! Great spin on an old Classic!

More More More!

Pwease :)

8. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
  9. Jaina_and_Jag

Apr 19, 2003
    Going to finish this? :(

10. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Very nice beginning, jags_gurl! Is any more going to come?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.