main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST A Winter's Tale - Their Untold Stories

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amber Kenobi, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Amber Kenobi

Amber Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 2

Feb 12, 2016
    Title: A Winter's Tale
    Author: Me.
    Rey didn't always live on Jakku. Her parents lived on a cold planet, until they were taken by Imperials, and left her for dead.

Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump. Thump....
    That's all Rey heard as she crouched fearfully, under the folds of her tent.
    She was getting very tired and felt cramps in her thighs from squatting too long.
    Thump, thump, thump.

Rey realized that the young sun was stretching its wings, signaling morning.
    Rey had been under the tent, hungry, for hours.
    The Imperials were gone, and Rey realized that the thumping came from her heart, not the Stormtroopers.
    Thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump.

Another day went by and Rey faced exhaustion and freezing winds.
    The thumps were slower.

Rey couldn't remember her, just that her face was hidden, for she was too dishonest to trust.
    But Rey was ready to trust her.

Breathing hard, Rey craned her neck to see a woman trudging towards her, as if the woman had a purpose. And the purpose was Rey, young Rey, poor, helpless Rey, who would regret her trust every day of her life.

"That's—that's all I remember," Rey wept. Luke was standing over her with a look of concern. "Then, Jakku. And that was it."

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    EEEK! The whole picture of poor young Rey almost freezing to death was pretty disturbing. And the way this is described, there is so much space for manipulation!

AzureAngel2 and Obi-Wan Catnobi like this.
  3. Amber Kenobi

Feb 12, 2016
    I like writing disturbing stories! Isn't that disturbing?

Part Two will be about FINN being taken! Ooh, this is gonna be fun!!!!

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I never expected Ray to come from a cold place, a white hell so to speak.

(And in Scandinavian legends the hell is a ice desert, run by a female zombie giant called Hel.)

Now you made me curious where Fin remembers to originate from.

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  5. Amber Kenobi

Feb 12, 2016

Sar felt waves of anguish. How had his father let him down like this? He had his big birthday party, and then the next day some troopers had come and snatched him. Sar formerly believed that being kidnapped by troopers would be exciting, an adventure, yet they had come in silence, evidently for a reason.

Sar's father smiled. His son...supporting the First Order loyally as a Stormtrooper! Yet still his pride was plagued by horror. Sar, the strong, bright child, would be taken away, never to be seen again, among thousands, as a faceless soldier.

Why had he brought this fear to his only son?

Sar never spoke the entire journey, through light years of space and time, through long lines of other frightened children. The children, initially talkative children, were silent as ice as their numbers arrived.

"FN-2187..."

FN-2187 felt nothing. He would grow up as a Stormtrooper, serving only the First Order as loyally as he could.
    Until the electrostaff training began.

Finn's breath clouded the window. "Rey..." he started slowly, "We don't know why we're here, but we know we're here for a reason." Rey blinked. "Resistance soldier," she murmured, then wrapped her arms around him and touched his lips with hers.
    "Forever," Finn whispered, then they embraced.
    Rey was the only thing in the world, and he would give anything for her to be alone with him, yet still, they were not alone at all. General Organa sighed romantically.

Rey whipped her head around in anger.
    "You—the whole time—GENERAL!"

Leia shook her head and smiled. Finn groaned as she disappeared.

Ewok Poet and AzureAngel2 like this.
  6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Amazing how eager some parents "volunteer" for the best of their parents. At least his fear taught him compassion for others... in fear. So he saved those people in the Jakku village by not shooting at them. (As I witnessed today in a special on youtube with all the cut-out scenes.)

I also liked to see a somewhat happy Leia witnessing his sweetness and banter with Rey.

Obi-Wan Catnobi and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The way you're connecting things here gets more and more bizarre each time, yet the scenarios described are perfectly possible. And Finn/Sar having been trained with an electrostaff would explain why he immediately accepts Rey as an authority, before he accepts her as a friend! Just...wow!

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I love how you're connecting all these tiny little threads together. The idea that Rey started with freezing then ended with the scorching desert, the idea that Finn started with a loving family birthday party and ended with a torturous training of a child soldier - so chilling!
    The details are brilliant, like Ewok Poet pointed out - no wonder Finn accepted her as the authority. He would have subconsciously associated her staff with the electrostaff that was used to abuse him into submission. But then they are allies, sweethearts. Again, the 180 degree change in fortunes.

I love the image of Finn leaning against the window, his breath clouding the windows as he speaks.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hello! Bravo on telling back-stories so succinctly. A wealth of unsaid as well as articulated in each case. Rey and the origins of her self-reliance. Finn and his strong survival skills. Then the two of them together. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_laugh] I'll bet Leia was feeling romantically nostalgic there as she watched them. :han: [face_love] [face_love] H/L was the pairing - my first - in SW ;)

10. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I quite like both tales.

Interesting use of words and imagery.

No idea if Ewok Poet 's "electrostaff theory has any bearing on you writings, but interesting connection.