main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy: your Classic Trilogy Social Thread!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by anakinfansince1983 , Apr 2, 2016.

1. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Sorry PymParticles of course I had no idea. :( I have trouble with anxiety too, but it's nowhere near that severe.

Seek treatment though, for sure! And you have family and personal friends who know about the problem, right? I think personal support is crucial too.

I was considering mentioning the Uncharted games. I haven't played Uncharted 4 yet, though it looks fantastic, but the whole series is PS exclusive and they've rereleased them for the PS4, so I'd recommend one for those games too. They're very well made (in terms of plot and gameplay as well) and the graphics are always good. Good score, sound effects, and surround mixes too.

2. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    To my shame, I still have yet to play any Uncharted games. sad face.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  3. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    The UNCHARTED games are basically a video game equivalent of INDIANA JONES, although UNCHARTED 4 probably has a bit more depth and psychological probing than any of the Indy movies have ever had. It also has a more consistent supporting cast than Indy has ever had (his mentor/father figure, Sully, appears in all the games, as does his love interest, Elena).

Now that I think about it, UNCHARTED 4 may actually be my favorite of the series. Before that, it would’ve been UNCHARTED 2.

TX-20 and Huttese 101 like this.
  4. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Well that settles it, someone take my money and immerse me in this world of adventure!!!!

Huttese 101 likes this.
  5. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    I'm watching The Winter Soldier for the second time. Great film.

TX-20, Sarge, The Vanguard and 3 others like this.
  6. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I could watch that film any-day of the week.

7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    How was everyone's weekend, by the way?

I ended up at a rooftop club the other night with a group of friends and ended up having to pitch in for $500 bottle service. I know New York is expensive but I always forget just how much every time I visit. But the club was right across from the Empire State Building, so it was a cool experience.

8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I spent most of the weekend painting....and I'm only a little ovef half done so I'll be finishing this weekend. We did take the little one to the zoo on Sunday with my sister and nephew so that was fun.

9. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    That sounds great PymParticles !
    New York is so much fun and yes, it can be a bit spendy depending on what you do. Glad you had a good time.

My weekend was pretty busy, but fun. Lots of socializing in RL and on here. Thanks for asking.

I may PM you with some MCU questions Davak24
    I've seen the films in relatively chrono order, but I'm still a bit confused about some plot points. Are things meant to be deliberately vague in some of these films?

PymParticles and Sepra like this.
  10. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Nappies, nappies, nappies and then some more nappies. Oh yeah, and a run. Not quite as glamorous as yours PymParticles! :p

11. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Dagobahsystem likes this.
  12. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    LOL. I don't think I've ever gotten bottle service. NYC can be expensive, but that's a lot of money. I like the hotel rooftops actually because the bars are a bit more navigable.

My club days are behind me though.

13. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Only time I've ever had bottle service was at a bachelor party at the rooftop club at Caesar's Palace in Vegas. The flight home the next morning was not pleasant.

14. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    It was obscene. It was packed so apparently it was the only way we'd be able to get in, but I thought they were joking at first. "Haha that's hilarious you guys no but really where are we go– oh you were serious." No regrets though.

MOC Yak Face I'm glad it seems your newborn is giving you at least some time to sleep. Hope all is going well!

15. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Thanks Pym. Yes, she's going fairly easy on us so far, so managing a reasonable amount of sleep. Calm before the storm perhaps...

Darkslayer and PymParticles like this.
  16. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    You're not alone. None of my friends IRL have either. For what it's worth, I've never finished any of the Uncharted games.

17. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I saw the Nathan Drake collection for $30 online, that's more than a fair price to start playing.

PymParticles glad you had a good time, sounded like quite a ball.

Huttese 101 and PymParticles like this.
  18. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I meant to respond to this yesterday, but I just wanted to say thank you. That really means a lot to me.

TX-20, Sarge, The Vanguard and 2 others like this.
  19. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Your welcome. :)

PymParticles likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    PymParticles , you are in my prayers. Never thought I'd be Internet-pals with someone I disagree with on practically everything SW-related but here we are! I hope you pull through it, if there is anything I can do to help, just PM me :D

cubman987 Cubbies looking good right now!

PymParticles and cubman987 like this.
  21. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Hello all. What's going on here?

22. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah hopefully they are back on track after a rough stretch last week. Last night's game was one of the strangest I've ever seen.

Darkslayer likes this.
  23. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    AstroDroid88 likes this.
  24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Left field [face_rofl]

The Vanguard and cubman987 like this.
  25. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Its going pretty well, The Vanguard. Its been really hot over here the past week, I'm hoping it dies down soon! :)