main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy: your Classic Trilogy Social Thread!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by anakinfansince1983 , Apr 2, 2016.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah there really is no reason the Star Wars universe has to follow the naming system we use on Earth.

On an unrelated note, I just had Ecto Cooler for the first time in forever and it is still amazing.

The Vanguard likes this.
  2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think I'm going to start rewatching The Clone Wars. Anybody care to join me?

3. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    I've never seen The Clone Wars (I did watch the original 2003 Clone Wars though) but I've heard good things about it. I also heard that some of the episodes were aired out of order or something? What's the ideal way to watch the series?

Btw, I'm currently watching season 2 of Daredevil.

Huttese 101 and PymParticles like this.
  4. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    In the PT social thread there are some posters who regularly watch TCW. Our poster AMJ even posts recaps.

The Vanguard and PymParticles like this.
  5. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I love Daredevil. Good stuff, that. Hope you're enjoying it.

The Clone Wars is definitely worth a watch. The official chronological order is posted here. It's weird, because you'll sometimes get an episode from a few seasons down the line that takes place immediately in between two episodes in a season. That's how I watched it the first time around, and it narratively flowed well, but the show improves drastically as it goes on, so you'd get an episode with much higher animation and overall quality sandwiched in between "growing pains" episodes, which was awkward even for a first timer. On Netflix everything is in the order it aired in, and I'm just doing that so 1. I don't have to look at a list after every episode and look for the next one in a separate season, and 2. I get to see the show improve as it goes on.

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

theMaestro likes this.
  6. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Change of plans: I'm going to re-watch The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, then all of The Clone Wars in chronological order, and then cap it off with Revenge of the Sith. I've always been curious to see if it actually enhances the prequels like I've always heard, so I might as well put it to the test.

I'll probably redo the first two seasons of Star Wars Rebels right after that in anticipation of the third, because why the hell not?

TX-20 likes this.
  7. theMaestro

Oct 16, 2015
    It's so good! I kinda got burned out on the Marvel movies after the 1st Avengers (I think the last one I saw was Iron Man 3), but wow their tv shows are so captivating.

Huh that's interesting. So the episodes were actually aired in order of production? Was there a reason they were made out of order? Or did they just feel like telling earlier stories in later seasons? If I do get around to watching The Clone Wars in the future, I feel like I'd just watch in release/production order. And hey this kinda feels like the episodic vs. release order debate lol

8. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm not an expert on it, but I think in some instances episodes were aired out of the order they were produced in, sometimes for a reason related to ratings, other times... just because? However, Lucas would sometimes come up with a story in season three that slotted early into the overall timeline of season 1, for instance. So par the course for him, really. He creates at his own pace. I'm honestly coming around to episodic order for the movies, actually. I used to be diametrically opposed to it, but I think the advent of the Star Wars Stories is going to make me change my tune. I mean, I want to watch all the Star Wars films, and Rogue One (and eventually the Han Solo movie) has to go somewhere that makes sense, right?

9. theMaestro

Oct 16, 2015
    I wonder if there's a production order then lol. But I think I'll just watch them in release order.

I guess so. Although, Rogue One isn't part of the main story so it can probably be watched anywhere/anytime. I'd always recommend release order to newcomers but for the seasoned veterans, it does probably vary depending on what you want to get out of the films. It's kind of like once you beat a video game, you come up with challenge runs to see it with a new perspective. Once in a while, I'll watch in episodic order to see Lucas' current vision for the saga. But if I want to watch the story and universe gradually grow/develop, I just have to start with the 1977 Star Wars.

10. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Happy Saturday to all here! Anyone seen the new Star Wars Rebels S3 trailer??

11. Darth Formidious

Darth Formidious Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2015

Yes it's awesome! The introduction of GA Thrawn is literally a dream come true! How did you find it?

And happy Saturday to you too! :D

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  12. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Darth Formidious It was on my Facebook feed last night. I follow the official Star Wars FB page, that's how I get all the latest news

Darth Formidious likes this.
  13. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015

Sorry! I should have clarified. By "How did you find it?" I was asking for your opinions on the introduction of Grand Admiral Thrawn- my mistake. :)

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  14. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    This is usually how I am simply because it is and always has been how I've engaged with the series, but right now I honestly just need some escapism so I'm just going to mainline everything all the way through.

Force Smuggler and theMaestro like this.
  15. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Ah, that's alright, mate. Well, how else does one nerd feel when one of the greatest Star Wars villains of all time gets reborn?? I got chills down my spine when I saw GA Thrawn :D :D

16. Darth Formidious

Dec 19, 2015

Same here! It was just so out of the blue (pun intended ;))! Seriously, I did not see that coming at all and the voice is exactly how I imagined it to be. It will be interesting to see where they take him next.

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  17. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    I only hope Disney stays true to his character. Disney's got big boots to fill

18. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm really excited about Thrawn. I watched the trailer yesterday when some friends were over and I kind of freaked them out by how excited I got.

The Vanguard and AstroDroid88 like this.
  19. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Haha, my friend said that he was with some friends and they watched it and everyone got so psyched when Thrawn appeared.

How is everyone on this beautiful Sunday? I just got back from a church picnic which was really nice. Got to hang out with my friends which is something I haven't been able to do a whole lot of since I got my new job

20. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Wow, this place sure doesn't get a lot of attention...

21. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Everyone is out catching Pokemon.

AstroDroid88 and The Vanguard like this.
  22. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Good idea.

Ive still yet to watch one episode of rebels. Is it on Netflix or Hulu?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    The Vanguard I just looked at Netflix. They sadly don't have it yet. You can probably try Hulu

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Amazon Instant Video has the episodes but you'll have to buy them. If you have Disney XD on cable, you can try the Roku app or see how often it plays reruns on the channel (I was told that they run pretty often).

Huttese 101 and The Vanguard like this.
  25. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I'm without cable but Amazon video sounds promising. I would be interested in giving up Netflix for it. I use Hulu more anyways. And with that, I'm off to dreamland.. Zzzz

[​IMG]