main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy: your Classic Trilogy Social Thread!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by anakinfansince1983 , Apr 2, 2016.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Who here is having fun with struggling with wants to light on fire playing Pokemon Go?

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I need a Pokémon Go filter for anything online. I'm sick of this **** and it's only been what, a week :mad:

Unless you're a twelve year old kid then get a life

DarthCricketer likes this.
  3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I started playing to see what all the fuss was about and have to say I've been having a lot of fun with it (when it's working). It's also nice to see so many people out getting exercise, enjoying the outdoors, and meeting new people because of it.

[​IMG]

Huttese 101, Sepra and The Vanguard like this.
  4. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    You're saying this on a dedicated Star Wars message board

5. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    [​IMG]
    I'm enjoying it as well Cubman

6. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
  7. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Hey all. How is everyone tonight?

8. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Hello everyone. Hope you all have a good weekend to look forward to.

So all my fellow Marvel fans, did you see the teasers for the new Netflix series? Not a whole lot there but cool to see some Iron Fist footage and The Defenders teaser I thought was pretty cool. Also Mike Colter looks like he continues to be a perfect Luke Cage.

PymParticles and The Vanguard like this.
  9. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    And the Doctor Strange trailer was incredible. Also excited about the Spider-man and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 news.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not Marvel, but I am really excited about the Wonder Woman trailer.

"I go where he tells me to go and I do what he tells me to do."
    "Where I come from, that's called slavery."

"What I do is not up to you."

HOT ****ING DAMN BRING IT! I'll see it in the theater multiple times if the rest of the movie is that good.

For Marvel I look forward to Daredevil season 3, Luke Cage and the Punisher.

11. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    How's everyone doing on this beautiful Sunday? I had work all day so I sadly couldn't go to church this morning like I usually do. Its also been really hot like in the higher 90's

12. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I'm interested in Luke Cage but I still want him with Jessica.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's about 100 here. I went to the gym then played Minecraft with my kids.

The Vanguard and Seagoat like this.
  14. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Yes Wonder Woman looks great! More excited for that than Justice League right now and already know Gadot is an awesome WW because of BvS.

It was like 95 here today and I went on a 3 mile walk which I feel like nearly killed me....and now it's storming really bad and we are under a flash flood warning.....good times.

15. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Wait, it was 95 degrees and now its storming??

16. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    On the third storm system of the night right now....[face_plain]

17. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Sorry dude, living in California and to have thunderstorms right now is a weird concept to me lol

Huttese 101 likes this.
  18. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Well, I finally saw Batman v Superman. The ultimate edition (aka the 30-minutes longer director's cut). I... didn't hate it? If I had to describe it's overall quality, I'd say it was "okay" and I mostly liked it. Further thoughts on the DC films: I have mixed feelings on Suicide Squad. Some of what I see leaves me feeling very excited. Other times what I see leaves me feeling like it's not "for me." Wonder Woman looks great based off that trailer. Justice League as well leaves me hopeful. It looks like they're correcting a few of the things I disliked about BvS, but we'll see how the film itself turns out.

As for the MCU, they've earned my trust time and time again. The second trailer for Doctor Strange made me smile three separate times; it looks visually spectacular and inventive if nothing else. I'm insanely excited for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2; I adored the first movie, and everything I hear about this one gets me hyped. Spider-Man: Homecoming sounds like exactly what I want from a Spidey film; a John Hughes-esque movie featuring Peter Parker, who has to balance the social hell of high school with being a superhero. Thor: Ragnarok has me feeling hopeful. I loved What We Do in the Shadows, and I'm hoping this film is the Thor movie I wished the last two were. The late 80s/early 90s video game box art style title card (seriously, go take a look at that thing) has me hoping that the film's tone is along those lines. Beyond that, I can't wait to see what they do with Black Panther, and I couldn't be happier about Brie Larson being cast as Captain Marvel.

Oh, and there's the Netflix series. I've decided to rewatch the first two seasons of Daredevil and the first season of Jessica Jones in anticipation of Luke Cage, which looks spectacular from what I've seen so far. I'm also really excited for Iron Fist; I just hope they're not afraid to go weird with it, but judging by the Hand plotline in season 2 of Daredevil, I don't think they will be.

It's a good time to be a fan of this stuff, I have to say. Marvel is doing a bang up job bringing their characters and the entire comics universe to life (which makes me very happy because much of what they're doing on the comics side of things leaves me feeling cold), and I'm hoping that DC keeps what's working so far and fixes what isn't.

19. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Marvel has reached saturation point - I'm not fussed about anything else they bring out and won't be paying money to see any of it

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    It's normal on the East Coast. Summer means massive heat waves and thunderstorms a couple of times a week.

I have not seen Batman v Superman yet, I don't want to buy it so I'm looking for a place to rent it.

I also still need to see Avengers Age of Ultron. I'm a little behind there. I did see Captain America Civil War though and I'll be buying that one.

21. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    I <3 Gal Gadot :)
    The Wonder Woman theme song is perfect too! Sounds like an electric guitar or am i misplaced??

What rating would you give it? C+? B-?
    I liked the movie. I specifically liked Ben Affleck. He gave the Bat a darker tinge associated with the character. He seemed a little unhinged, not totally collected and definitely obsessed with Superman. I remember when it was announced that B.A. would be playing Batman and all of internet cried out in horror with reflections of the Mark Steven Johnson's Daredevil performance. But for whatever reason, Affleck stepped up and delivered IMO. The dream sequences were a little choppy but didn't bother me. I loved the Batman in the vision where he's wearing a trench coat. It doesn't get any better than that!

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  22. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Ugh, I just realized that I have two or three weeks left of summer until school starts. Where did my summer go? Its gone by too fast :(

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Sigh. I'm honestly not sure. It's really hovering between those two scores. God, the dream sequences... The two that were related to the trauma of his parents (the opening sequence and the scene where he visits his mother's crypt) worked fine, but the infamous Knightmare followed immediately by the time-traveling Flash waking dream/vision? That should've been cut. The e-mail scene should have been cut as well, it completely disrupted the pacing. Affleck had to have been my favorite part of the movie, though. He almost instantly became my favorite on-screen Batman/Bruce Wayne to date, and his chemistry with Jeremy Irons' Alfred left me practically salivating for the solo Batman film Affleck is directing, starring in, and co-writing with Geoff Johns.

I also heard that that film will be set in Arkham Asylum, so I'm picturing two hours of Batman fighting his way out of the world's maddest madhouse a la The Raid while having his psyche reflected back at him in the faces of his entire rogue's gallery. Just something claustrophobic, atmospheric, and completely character driven with a tight elevator-pitch plot. I'm crossing my fingers that they deliver something similar to that.

End of the day, Batman and Spider-Man are my two favorite characters from each company (my preferences are so basic), so as long as each of their films deliver, I'll selfishly be satisfied.

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  24. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    That's a good take. And I'm piggy backing on your hopes for the Batman Standalone. There is a wave of anti-hero sentiment gaining power right now, and I hope Batman's hue stays on the current trajectory. *fingers crossed*

P.S. my day was just made. I found out that one of my favorite movies as a kid was based on a true story/produced in part by Spielber and Kathleen Kennedy!

[​IMG]

My summer school course just ended (I GOT AN A)so I'm a happy camper.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Always did.

AstroDroid88 likes this.