main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy: your Classic Trilogy Social Thread!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by anakinfansince1983 , Apr 2, 2016.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Totally agree, I was always certain Affleck would be good as Batman and I think he was even better than I expected.

Sometimes I feel like you are copying me :) !

PymParticles likes this.
  2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Hey, if nothing else I'm a born-and-raised Yankees fan, so we'll always have that difference

cubman987 likes this.
  3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Cubbies and Yankees just pulled off a pretty good trade for both teams with the Chapman deal. Yankees are getting some good young prospects that were pretty much blocked on the Cubs. As long as Chapman can stay out of trouble, he's going to be about the best closer I can remember the Cubs having in a long time.

PymParticles likes this.
  4. AstroDroid88

AstroDroid88 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2016
    Wow! My younger sisters actually just watched that yesterday morning haha

5. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    The original right?? I'm not familiar with the sequels at all. But i knew i loved this movie for a reason!
    Too bad it was overshadowed by Pixar's firstborn super-movie (Toy Story.)

6. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Yeah, it was the original I believe. I was getting ready for work so didn't really much attention

7. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    kids movie or not, Balto could be rebooted like everything else into an amazing live-action story. Too bad DiCaprio did Revenant already, he would have been perfect.

8. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    Eh DiCaprio is a good actor and all just not really a fan of his

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Still disappointed they gave him an Oscar, if only that it's hilarious he had that reputation of not winning one

And quite frankly, nothing against him, but I don't think his performance in that movie was really Oscar-worthy

10. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Ha my sister has been in love with him since she saw Titanic, when he won she screamed like a tween girl and jumped around the room...she's 30. But I was happy he won too, he probably deserved to win more for a couple of his other performances but still think he was more than good enough in The Revenant to win one too.

The Vanguard likes this.
  11. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    [face_laugh] it's hilarious that he was so well known and never won. His longing to win made him seem more human to me. Now, well now it's all down the pooper. He's gonna go into hiding like Jack Nicholson.

It was gratifying to see him win it. But it sort of had the tinge of a pity award. Just the vibe I was getting.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    His acting skills have improved a lot since Titanic. He has more of a range now to play different types of characters.

TX-20 and cubman987 like this.
  13. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Hello friends I am Darth_Furio. This message is mod approved. heels1785

[​IMG]

I was looking for anyone that would be interested in playing the Jedi Draftgame on the SW Community boards. It's a long standing tradition that fell by the wayside last year and I want to bring it back this year. I've applied a link to the Jedi Draft Discussion Thread here which has past games on the first page so anyone interested can see how this game works. If you're interested, add your name or ask questions and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Thanks and May the draft continue. :D

The Vanguard likes this.
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Haven't visited this thread in awhile. How is everyone? :D

The Vanguard, Sarge and cubman987 like this.
  15. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I'll be better in about 40 minutes when I'm off work for the weekend!

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  16. AstroDroid88

Jan 30, 2016
    What is your avatar, Darkslayer?
    cubman987 Lucky, dude. Today is my day off and then I'm working both days this weekend *sigh*

17. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Captain Boomerang from Suicide Squad!

AstroDroid88 likes this.
  18. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I've had an insanely emotionally draining few days (and I keep forgetting to eat which is annoying) but on the plus-side I picked up my copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child a few hours ago, so as soon as I finish some internship work I should have down a couple of days ago I'm cracking it open and not sleeping until I reach "The End."

19. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I did that for Deathly Hallows because I'd had the end of Half Blood Prince spoiled for me. Won't be able to start Cursed Child until tomorrow though.

PymParticles likes this.
  20. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I was 12 when Deathly Hallows came out, and I fondly remember devouring that book within a day, only tearing my eyes off the page to eat, drink, use the bathroom, or inform my family when a character died.

TX-20 likes this.
  21. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Finished OOTP the day I bought it, HBP was a couple days, DH, I was staying with my cousins, and finished it that day. Stayed up late into the night reading it. Didn't even look at the chapter titles before reading the book. I remember the Bellatrix/Molly confrontation and my mouth dropped but was trying to burst out laughing and one of my cousins was like "don't say anything!" Or was that Dobby's death's reaction?
    Dobby's death and Hagrid getting carried off were the most emotional parts of the story imo.
    Heck, I had to go back and read Wormtail's death. Completely blanked on that the first read-through.

DH, and GOF are my favorite stories of the series. Going to be interesting to see where Cursed Child ranks.

cubman987 likes this.
  22. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Yeah, Wormtail's death was really sudden and it hinged on the "Remember the silver hand was supposed to be important, guys? Remember?" thing that Dumbledore set up in GoF. That was perhaps the least satisfying tying up of a loose end in that book. I re-read the books last year and was terrified they wouldn't hold up; they absolutely did. It's remarkable how the books mature as the characters do. The first three is a charming and breezy children's books filled with wit and imagination. GoF is a transitory period. The last three are quite often freaking brutal and emotionally devastating. I mean, Deathly Hallows in particular is relentless. I'm expecting Cursed Child to be a very different experience just based on the virtue of being script-book rather than a novel, but I'm also expecting the beating heart of the seven books to remain intact. Also curious to see where the overall story ranks; it'll be hard to compare the actual writing for obvious reasons.

TX-20 and cubman987 like this.
  23. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Same here!
    I've read them all several times now and think I find something new to love about each book every time.

TX-20 and PymParticles like this.
  24. theMaestro

theMaestro Jedi Master star 3

Oct 16, 2015
    I really want to, but I haven't re-read the Harry Potter books in such a long time! Usually, if I want to relive the stories, I just watch the movies. I do think the books are superior, but I just don't have the time these days :(.

BTW, which Potter book and movie is everyone's favorite? For book, I don't really have an answer (b/c it's been ages since I last read them). For movie, I'd have to say Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite. Alfonso Cuaron's directing is so refreshing after those first two movies and John Williams' score is truly magical in that one.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That was probably my favorite death of the series imo. Before the release, I was expecting Wormtail and Snape to overtly help Harry in the final battle. Cliche but Rowling was going to do something that blew my mind.

And to see Wormtail die the way he did was satisfying imo.

Though now I wouldn't mind seeing an alternate story where the trio ran into Snape, Wormtail and Voldemort a couple more times.

I probably should read the series again soon as well.
    OOTP and DH are brutal. My mom won't even read OOTP. Heck, it takes me ages to finish it some times. Need to be in the right mood. That I'm going to devastated with no hope of a happy ending. And we have 2 more books to go. Need to read my stash of happy stories I've found to recover.

DH,
    GOF,
    OOTP
    SS/COS/POA
    HBP.
    In that order.